Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PLD don't do confusing 3rd flippers.

He does do useless fourth flippers though.

#310 7 years ago

Addams. I know the left upper flipper has a shot but most experienced players know that it's too dangerous to go for that shot considering how little the shot is worth. If it was gone, I don't think anyone would know the difference. Most players just use it to guide the ball to the lower left flipper.

#317 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

super disagree.
    The thing flipper does lots!
    1. Cool thing trick to make swamp
    2. Swamp is worth shooting for when valued high enough
    3. Divert ball to lower flipper for control depending on specific game.
    4. MOST important! Learn how to use this to combo to the upper right for a jackpot shot during multiball!

lol I read this in a whiny teenager voice.

Like I said there is a shot for the flipper but it's never worth enough to actually take the risk. That combo trick is another shot too dangerous to try. I mentioned number 3 as well but if you're using a flipper as a lane guide, you're using it wrong. Thing shot is cool but after seeing it once or twice it's nothing special and sometimes it can miss. Nothing more frustrating than draining and it wasn't the player's fault.

#323 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I use it all the time (I like going for the swamp - so sue me) and THING flips is a great feature and one of the game's trademarks. And also "using it to guide the ball to the lower flipper" is a thing you can do with a flipper and something skilled players like to do.
    Not useless. At all. You obviously don't have a use for it but to argue vehemently that it serves no purpose serves no purpose except to be contrarian.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be vehemently.

#326 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

funny, I read your posts like a person that does not play much pinball and has sadly never gone deep enough into playing a game to fully understand the intricacies of a well designed game where every inch of the flow, geometry, and feeds were well thought out and implemented.

I didn't mean to offend. It was just your first two sentences and the words super and lots. It just sounded funny when I read it.

#407 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

have we really not retired the whole *shrug* thing yet? I thought that went out with grown men saying "prolly?"
    *and let the shrugging begin*

Do you not shrug in real life? I wish there was an emoticon shrug.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.