Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewinbombers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 7 years ago

A pinball machine with some sort of add-on app sounds like a good idea on the surface, but adds so much more complication to an already complicated system. Dealing with the hassles of being now a more traditional software company, and the headaches that come with that - on top of a game manufacturing company - seems like a monumental task for a fledgling company.

If they could pull it off in some fashion, and integrate that tech into their future games, it would certainly differentiate JJP further from the competition. However, with machines already running at super-premium pricing and the sheer cost of the infrastructure to properly support this type of system, I file an integrated app as "unlikely", or maybe even "unwise". Maybe they have the money to pull it off. It's certainly a high-risk play, and I'm not sure that the reward would be worth it.

That said; after playing WOZ and The Hobbit for the first time recently, I'm very impressed with JJP's games. I'm really looking forward to see what they release next. Their price point is too high for me to realistically ever own, but they are some beautiful games that I find highly entertaining.

1 week later
    #354 7 years ago

I don't own Hobbit, but I wish that I did. I think it's a fun game for a lot of reasons, but it's pretty easy to see why it's not a game that everyone would like. I think that JJP is trying to do things a bit differently in a lot of areas so that they can carve out their niche within this niche and have a nice business doing it. Kudos to them (and Heighway for that matter) for doing things in a different way than Stern.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewinbombers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?tu=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.