Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 7 years ago

Seems to me like we should be getting some news soon. Hobbit is shipping. Should be just about time to let the cat out of the bag, No???

#2 7 years ago

Anxiously awaiting. Hope it's a big hit for jjp. Common guess is expo release.

#3 7 years ago

Yeah, let them get more Hobbits out the door before derailing sales on it.

#4 7 years ago

Expo last year. Now this year. Maybe with current jjp knowledge, year after.

#5 7 years ago

Waiting as well.....Hobbitt does nothing for me. I really want this to blow me away.

#6 7 years ago

I believe in their product, and think it's time to have a few more products on the market. If they are truly trying to manufacture multiple titles a year, the threat of "competing" sales doesn't fly for me anymore. Let's see game 3!

#7 7 years ago

Expo makes sense. By then the bulk of Hobbit orders will have been delivered.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, let them get more Hobbits out the door before derailing sales on it.

Multiple games for customers to chose from is good for business, not bad. Anyone who wants Hobbit will buy Hobbit. Someone who has no interest in Hobbit might want another choice. Stern has like 10 games in production. No game is derailing the other.

#9 7 years ago

It should be John Wayne -
    "If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Multiple games for customers to chose from is good for business, not bad. Anyone who wants Hobbit will buy Hobbit. Someone who has no interest in Hobbit might want another choice. Stern has like 10 games in production. No game is derailing the other.

Yes. But the hobbit is still relatively new. And until the JJP 3 is close to shipping and the hobbits preorders are close to being complete it wouldn't be good business for a reveal now. Some people would cancel there hobbit order for it, and that doesn't mean more money for JJP.
    Same reason why stern hasn't announced their first LCD game yet, a big bulk of GB preorders would disappear.

Jack said in an interview that they might announce a couple months before shipping because they need to get an understanding of the interest for ordering parts etc

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Jack said in an interview that they might announce a couple months before shipping because they need to get an understanding of the interest for ordering parts etc

Heard this as well and with orders/buyers of The Hobbit from Feb 2014 not even being notified of a shipping date yet can #3 even be close to being released in the next 3 years?

#12 7 years ago

I talked to Jack about this about 2 weeks ago and he said they will reveal the game when the time is right. He's happy he didn't take any pre-orders for it and that he didn't announce a date when it would be ready.

#13 7 years ago

Some guy posted a thread one night that was quickly deleted with a a bunch of supposed inside info that it would be a "Flip Phone" themed game and went into quite a bit of detail about it. Hard to say if there is any truth to it, but it vanished fast.

It didn't interest me much, but was fun to watch that thread unfold.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yes. But the hobbit is still relatively new. And until the JJP 3 is close to shipping and the hobbits preorders are close to being complete it wouldn't be good business for a reveal now. Some people would cancel there hobbit order for it, and that doesn't mean more money for JJP.
    Same reason why stern hasn't announced their first LCD game yet, a big bulk of GB preorders would disappear.

You're assuming all pin buyers are the fickle group of maniacs that populate this forum. We're a minor fraction of the market. These companies can't run a business off of us. No pinball company is worried about one of their games affecting their other games. By your logic, Ghostbusters should have destroyed Game of Thrones sales...and GOT sales should have killed off Kiss sales. No, they're a factory with multiple products for sale. More products = more choice for customers. Ghostbusters (and 8 or 9 other titles) will still be in production when the LCD game arrives, because Stern always has tons of games available at any given time. If the rumored LCD game is Aerosmith, and a potential pinball customer doesn't give a rats ass about Aerosmith - they're *STILL* going to buy a GB, ST, Met, TWD, GOT with a red DMD if any of those are a theme they like. Jack has 2 LCD games out now...are THOSE killing off Stern's GB sales? Not even remotely. Is Hobbit killing WOZ sales? They're still making WOZ! Jack wants to have a "portfolio" of product available for potential customers. 3 games is better than 2. Besides, when Lawlor Mystery is unveiled Hobbit and WOZ will STILL be for sale! When JJP #4 is revealed, I'm sure the previous 3 games will still be for sale!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some guy posted a thread one night that was quickly deleted with a a bunch of supposed inside info that it would be a "Flip Phone" themed game and went into quite a bit of detail about it. Hard to say if there is any truth to it, but it vanished fast.

Apparently a title JJP applied to license was "Dialed In", and the game would have something to do with connecting to your phone, but IDK if that's true or not.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Apparently a title JJP applied to license was "Dialed In", and the game would have something to do with connecting to your phone, but IDK if that's true or not.

Yep, that's part of what he stated. Something about getting phone calls on the machine telling you where to shoot or what to shoot for.

#17 7 years ago

It'll be Expo. It's going to be ready to show. Start saving your pennies, because Pat Lawlor is coming back.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thats horseshit. GB leaks could have filled the Pacific around here.....

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Thats horseshit.

No, I saw it with my own eyes until Robin closed it, and then it vanished. Gone.
    Whether any of it was true or not is yet to be determined.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, I saw it with my own eyes until Robin closed it, and then it vanished. Gone.
    Whether any of it was true or not is yet to be determined.

I saw it also...

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I saw it also...

It's the way that thread completely disappeared that's kept me wondering.

#22 7 years ago

No....sorry....not what i meant.....i meant its horse shit that the thread vanished.....

#23 7 years ago

JJP can't bring just the WOZ/Hobbit to Expo again....

#24 7 years ago

Yeah, the post was real, it started off as "Here is what we know about Pat's game from the Stern insiders"

Quoted from Rarehero:

You're assuming all pin buyers are the fickle group of maniacs that populate this forum. We're a minor fraction of the market. These companies can't run a business off of us. No pinball company is worried about one of their games affecting their other games. By your logic, Ghostbusters should have destroyed Game of Thrones sales...and GOT sales should have killed off Kiss sales. No, they're a factory with multiple products for sale. More products = more choice for customers. Ghostbusters (and 8 or 9 other titles) will still be in production when the LCD game arrives, because Stern always has tons of games available at any given time. If the rumored LCD game is Aerosmith, and a potential pinball customer doesn't give a rats ass about Aerosmith - they're *STILL* going to buy a GB, ST, Met, TWD, GOT with a red DMD if any of those are a theme they like. Jack has 2 LCD games out now...are THOSE killing off Stern's GB sales? Not even remotely. Is Hobbit killing WOZ sales? They're still making WOZ! Jack wants to have a "portfolio" of product available for potential customers. 3 games is better than 2. Besides, when Lawlor Mystery is unveiled Hobbit and WOZ will STILL be for sale! When JJP #4 is revealed, I'm sure the previous 3 games will still be for sale!

Yeah I agree with you. But for JJP, until the pin is very close to shipping there is no point in taking 1 year worth of preorders for it!
    And Stern said they don't like leaks, they don't want a pin coming in a couple of months stealing the spotlight for the game they are shipping.
    Sure, they are making a lot of games at the same time. You cannot pretend that the numbers of the 8 other games are anywhere near the numbers of the 'spotlight' game (GB).

#25 7 years ago

Big fan of Lawlor and JJP and would really like to see an original theme do well.
    Waiting for title announcement and details are fine, but when it happens I would hope they close the gap to shipping on this one.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

..i meant its horse shit that the thread vanished.....

No doubt. There was a lot of detail that seemed like it would be hard to make up.

It ended almost like somebody pulled the fire alarm, woke Robin up, then the plug got pulled...

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No doubt. There was a lot of detail that seemed like it would be hard to make up.
    It ended almost like somebody pulled the fire alarm, woke Robin up, then the plug got pulled...

Damn.....thats what i get for not being on pinside lately....

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Damn.....thats what i get for not being on pinside lately...

No it's from not living on the west coast. It was late into the evening out here so most of pinside was probably all asleep.

Rumor or not, it is very interesting how that thread went down. Somebody PMd me and asked if I had taken a screen shot before the initial post got deleted, but sorry I didn't.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No it's from not living on the west coast. It was late into the evening out here so most of pinside was probably all asleep.
    Rumor or not, it is very interesting how that thread went down. Somebody PMd me and ask if I had taken a screen shot before the initial post got deleted, but sorry I didn't.

Gotcha.....who would have guessed you would needed a screenshot? Wonder if this sets the stage for new leaks/rumors?

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Gotcha.....who would have guessed you would needed a screenshot?

Not me.
    I think it's been almost a year now, but there may have even been a playfield sketch, but by now I can't really be sure.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not me.
    I think it's been almost a year now, but there may have even been a playfield sketch, but by now I can't really be sure.

Check yer email...

#32 7 years ago

Classic!

#33 7 years ago

The leak was an illegal release of information. The person that leaked it was a disgruntled employee and they had no legal right to reveal it. Pinside took it down as a courtesy.

#34 7 years ago

Very interesting....

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not so sure how true this is. I have a friend that is buying one stern pro. He is torn between twd pro and gb pro. It will be one or the other. This has to be fairly common.

#36 7 years ago

I was wrong I guess, the post is gone but the thread still exists.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-new-game

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm not so sure how true this is. I have a friend that is buying one stern pro. He is torn between twd pro and gb pro. It will be one or the other. This has to be fairly common.

So? That's one person who was going to buy one game. Stern gets the sale, they don't care what theme is slapped on the box. There are thousands of other customers. Someone else will buy the title your friend didn't.

#38 7 years ago

The information from the post exists if you have halfway decent google-fu.

#39 7 years ago

A game with mobile phone integration ? Hmmm.
    Might have been interesting 10 years ago. The mobile phone is no longer a technological wonder. It is just an everyday item of tech.

I'm sure a Pat Lawlor pin can sell itself without the need for gimmicks.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Indeed.

Quoted from stoptap:

I'm sure a Pat Lawlor pin can sell itself without the need for gimmicks.

So no more Rudy heads, shrunken heads, gumball machines, shaker motors, topper fans, or clocks?

#41 7 years ago

It's the long-awaited Golden Girls pin everyone and their mother has been clamoring for.

#42 7 years ago

I hate my phone, I want to go back to smoke signals, please keep them out of pinball.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

It's the long-awaited Golden Girls pin everyone and their mother has been clamoring for.

I know you're joking, but my girlfriend WOULD buy that. She's obsessed with Golden Girls! Press start - "Thank you for beeeing a frieeeend!!!"

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I hate my phone, I want to go back to smoke signals

As you wish!

Backglass_(resized).jpgBackglass_(resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I know you're joking, but my girlfriend WOULD buy that. She's obsessed with Golden Girls! Press start - "Thank you for beeeing a frieeeend!!!"

gdamnit....now the theme song is stuck in my head.......

#46 7 years ago

"As you wish?" That bring to mind... "The Princess Bride!" That would be an awesome game!" Inconceivable!"
    "Six Fingered Man 6 Ball Multiball!", A "Mostly Dead Miracle Max Pill" ball save!, A Fezzik "I could kill you now!" fast ball, a "Pit of Despair" ball lock! A "Cliffs of Insanity" feature, lots of potential!

princess_bride_(resized).jpgprincess_bride_(resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from JeremyON:

"As you wish?" That bring to mind...

Did you ever see "Wishmaster"?

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Did you ever see "Wishmaster"?

No, I'll check it out. Thanks!

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Still got the original post as thought it might disappear as it did appear genuine.

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.