Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jjp#3 (resized).jpg
    cff_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
    Laughable-Man_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg
    images_(1)_(resized).jpg
    DSC_1342_(resized).JPG
    images_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    stranger_(resized).jpg
    tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg
    http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg
    princess_bride_(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg
    There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
    #51 7 years ago

The name of the next jjp game is...
    What do you do to call someone? A name brand soap. Add "ed"
    The opposit of out.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

as it did appear genuine.

Looking back, it could have very well been some of Kaneda's early work. However since the OPs account is still open and only had one other post, I think that nullifies that.

#53 7 years ago

Whatever it is, I just hope it has a major wow factor that makes people want to buy it. An unlicensed theme seems risky these days. I'm rooting for lawlor.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Multiple games for customers to chose from is good for business, not bad.

If you're set up for it. The impression I get is they can only one one game at a time right now. I mean, they stopped making WoZ to run Hobbit.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

If you're set up for it. The impression I get is they can only one one game at a time right now. I mean, they stopped making WoZ to run Hobbit.

Hmm...well that's not good...but that's a problem with their factory - multiple choices for customers is the best business plan. If you do one game at a time - if one bombs, you're done. There's a reason Stern can survive a bomb...previous games are still on the line - and the next one is coming up!

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I mean, they stopped making WoZ to run Hobbit.

wow, really?

#57 7 years ago

I was told they stopped woz production last winter to start hobbits. When I bought my hobbit last week I was told they are making more rr woz. Who knows, but if demand is there I'm sure they'll be making what they can. It's still a smaller up start, so I can see them focusing more on the most current release.

#58 7 years ago

Haunted House theme is my bet

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I heard it was Haunted Cell Phone.

You have to score enough international credits to call the only qualified tech to fix it, and he's in India.

https://trademarks.justia.com/865/07/dialed-86507109.html

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

The leak was an illegal release of information. The person that leaked it was a disgruntled employee and they had no legal right to reveal it. Pinside took it down as a courtesy.

Illegal? So there was a law against it?

Breach of a confidentiality agreement at most. Hardly "illegal."

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Man I wish...that would be killer. JJP's first under playfield maybe????

I want a shot up a ramp from an under playfield that returns the ball to the main playfield. If thats even possible...

#62 7 years ago

I was told that there are things we've never seen before in it and will be revealed October 14th.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was told that there are things we've never seen before in it and will be revealed October 14th.

That's Lawlor's personal design rule. Always include a feature that's never been seen! I'm definitely excited to see what he's been cooking up!

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I heard it was Haunted Cell Phone.
    You have to score enough international credits to call the only qualified tech to fix it, and he's in India.
    https://trademarks.justia.com/865/07/dialed-86507109.html

"Dialed In" sounds more like a game feature than a theme. The company I work at often trademarks features that end up going into multiple products.

#65 7 years ago

I wonder if half the people here have ever dialed a phone.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Illegal? So there was a law against it?
    Breach of a confidentiality agreement at most. Hardly "illegal."

A contract is a legally binding document, so yes, breaching the terms is illegal.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

A contract is a legally binding document, so yes, breaching the terms is illegal.

Those that read it on the internet have no legal binding contract. I'm tempted now that I've found it to post the link here. But something is holding me back..

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It'll be Expo. It's going to be ready to show. Start saving your pennies, because Pat Lawlor is coming back.

Pennies????? More like wads of $100s.

If JJP contributed any one factor to the pinball community, it was helping jack the price of pins through the MFing roof. Yes, it is the buyers fault for buying the games, but man, they sure exposed what people were willing to pay....

#69 7 years ago

Anybody ever check out the website pinballinfo.com?

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Pennies????? More like wads of $100s.
    If JJP contributed any one factor to the pinball community, it was helping jack the price of pins through the MFing roof. Yes, it is the buyers fault for buying the games, but man, they sure exposed what people were willing to pay....

As long as resale prices hold, pinball buyers aren't scared by high prices. It's all relative. If we enter a zone where a $8k NIB game is only worth $3k on resale, the whole deal will fall apart and NIB sales will plummet.

#71 7 years ago

Not really. You don't break a law by breaching a contract. You just breach a contract. The state cannot fine you or imprison you for breach of contract. The legal system can only seek remedy.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

As long as resale prices hold, pinball buyers aren't scared by high prices. It's all relative. If we enter a zone where a $8k NIB game is only worth $3k on resale, the whole deal will fall apart and NIB sales will plummet.

Totally agree. I just don't think it will hold as we inch closer to the mythical $10k NIB LE price.

Don't get me wrong, there are obviously some people with deep pockets; I believe those are in the minority, and I think as Stern starts trying to charge JJP level prices for ho hum standard features (looking at you, red DMD ), sales will begin to stall.

But hey, it is just my opinion.

#73 7 years ago

Lol

No. It's not.

Nobody is going to jail for breaching a contract.

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was wrong I guess, the post is gone but the thread still exists.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-new-game

I was so tempted to ask Jack about that thread last month at the SFGE, but decided not to.

However, he did share that:

1. The game is not one of Lawlor's old projects that WMS wouldn't let him do. Brand new concept!

2. The game uses something revolutionary that has never been seen before in the history of pinball!

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

1. The game is not one of Lawlor's old projects that WMS wouldn't let him do. Brand new concept!

That's good.

Kids today would not even know what it was.

http__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpghttp__mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_03_motorola-dynatac-8000x1_(resized).jpg

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's good.

Some might actually carry it. It's back!

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Lol
    No. It's not.

Who said anything about jail? Breaching terms of a contract may not always be a crime, but that doesn't make it legal. In this case it seems there was a distinct possibility that the poster had broken a legally binding agreement (ie acted illegally) so the post was removed.

#78 7 years ago

Who said anything about jail? Breaching terms of a contract may not always be a crime, but that doesn't make it legal. In this case it seems there was a distinct possibility that the poster had broken a legally binding agreement (ie acted illegally) so the post was removed.

Just stop. Your embarrassing yourself.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's good.

I think I have one in a box. Have that one, flip phone, bag phone, ..... I kept them to one day show the evolution (I used to work in the industry). Now I'm thinking of putting that box of history up on eBay. Pinball mod money.

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

A game with mobile phone integration ? Hmmm.
    Might have been interesting 10 years ago. The mobile phone is no longer a technological wonder. It is just an everyday item of tech.
    I'm sure a Pat Lawlor pin can sell itself without the need for gimmicks.

Well the original concept was that the game had a phone jack where you plugged in a rotary phone and the pin "interfaced" with the dial on the phone. With the delays of WOZ and Hobbit, the change in technology during that vast time period has forced a rework in the design of Lawlor's Dialed In game. Expect a delay-ish.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Well the original concept was that the game had a phone jack where you plugged in a rotary phone and the pin "interfaced" with the dial on the phone. With the delays of WOZ and Hobbit, the change in technology during that vast time period has forced a rework in the design of Lawlor's Dialed In game. Expect a delay-ish.

Is the old phone concept now just a Twitter feed?

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Is the old phone concept now just a Twitter feed?

Pat may just make it a virtual reality phone interface.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

That actually made me laugh.

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Just stop. Your embarrassing yourself.

You're.

*cough*

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I was so tempted to ask Jack about that thread last month at the SFGE, but decided not to.
    However, he did share that:
    2. The game uses something revolutionary that has never been seen before in the history of pinball!

Could that be the 2 way mirror?

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You're assuming all pin buyers are the fickle group of maniacs that populate this forum. We're a minor fraction of the market. These companies can't run a business off of us. No pinball company is worried about one of their games affecting their other games. By your logic, Ghostbusters should have destroyed Game of Thrones sales...and GOT sales should have killed off Kiss sales. No, they're a factory with multiple products for sale. More products = more choice for customers. Ghostbusters (and 8 or 9 other titles) will still be in production when the LCD game arrives, because Stern always has tons of games available at any given time. If the rumored LCD game is Aerosmith, and a potential pinball customer doesn't give a rats ass about Aerosmith - they're *STILL* going to buy a GB, ST, Met, TWD, GOT with a red DMD if any of those are a theme they like. Jack has 2 LCD games out now...are THOSE killing off Stern's GB sales? Not even remotely. Is Hobbit killing WOZ sales? They're still making WOZ! Jack wants to have a "portfolio" of product available for potential customers. 3 games is better than 2. Besides, when Lawlor Mystery is unveiled Hobbit and WOZ will STILL be for sale! When JJP #4 is revealed, I'm sure the previous 3 games will still be for sale!

So why not to reveal it If they already know and work on it? That could help us to know If we need to save money.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

the change in technology during that vast time period

LMAO

#88 7 years ago

I'm enjoying the fact that JJP is doing what many critics suggested and holding off the reveal until it's 100% ready to show. This being Pat Lawler's return is helping to fuel the fire with buyers that are eager to know the ins and outs of the pin.

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So why not to reveal it If they already know and work on it? That could help us to know If we need to save money.

Safe to assume it's just not finished yet and/or they have a specific reveal plan that does not include revealing it today.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You're.
    *cough*

SHIT! I *never* make that mistake!

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Lol
    No. It's not.

No kidding....

Let's face it, no one seems to be going to jail from the 2 companies that combined to steal $1M+ from pinheads, so Im pretty sure you're right. No jail time for leaking information

As a huge Lawlor fan, I just hope to god all that info leaked was false.... if not.... yuck.

#92 7 years ago

So will Lawlor's machine have unlimited minutes? How about coverage for my area? Will I be forced into a 2 year contract?

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

So will Lawlor's machine have unlimited minutes? How about coverage for my area? Will I be forced into a 2 year contract?

I was under the impression the phone would be a toy on the playfield that talked to you but that is a total guess based on the rumors that originally came out.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I was under the impression the phone would be a toy on the playfield that talked to you but that is a total guess based on the rumors that originally came out.

That's what I heard as well.......hopefully, JJP will unveil soon. Somebody mentioned Oct this year...I hope they do. I can't sit through another Hobbit seminar...walking me through the menus......

#95 7 years ago

Wow. Maybe I have a shallow imagination, but I can't see how a mobile phone theme would be anything but a disaster. Stern puts out Ghostbusters, one of the most beloved themes from our childhood, and JJP puts out a phone game? It's the kind of thing old marketing execs would say to each other in a smoky boardroom. "Hey Preston what are the kids into today? Phones? Let's make a phone pinball!"

#96 7 years ago

Hopefully it's just a feature of the game and not a theme.

I'm still hoping for a horror theme like House of the Dead.

A ghostly spirit calling and texting your phone during game play would be cool!

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I'm enjoying the fact that JJP is doing what many critics suggested and holding off the reveal until it's 100% ready to show. This being Pat Lawler's return is helping to fuel the fire with buyers that are eager to know the ins and outs of the pin.

I was initially fired up about Pat's new pin, but this has all taken so long I've totally lost interest...

#98 7 years ago

If it was required that you have a cell phone to take calls on, then I wouldn't be able to play it.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I hate my phone, I want to go back to smoke signals, please keep them out of pinball.

No shit. I'm trying to get away from my f Ing phone when I play pinball!

I don't need my pinball machine calling me too. Wtf

#100 7 years ago

Good thing I can still reach you all with this...

tin-can-telephone_(resized).jpgtin-can-telephone_(resized).jpg

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-when-the-reveal-game-3/page/2?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.