Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“JJP versus STERN....Ritchie versus Lawlor”

• Black Knight 94 votes
      38%
    • Wonka 154 votes
      62%

(248 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FCB8EA7-3C78-45A1-97CE-EC8F31587E30 (resized).png
    F7E75010-9FDB-4516-8A71-158F618CC6C7 (resized).jpeg
    hero_Taxi-Driver-image-2 (resized).jpg
    bucket (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

Just got back from the show it was awesome.
    For what's it's worth I played BK many times there was no line. I really love it so I'm ordering the pro now.
    Also played premium and prefer the pro. BK was in the one more game category. I'm very excited.
    Wonka looked amazing the lines were long and the games were close together. I was able to play maybe 4 games and since I suck only got a taste of it.
    Ill probably get one down the road but not committing today.

I made the same observation. Both games playable by public for the first time last night. Wonka had lines all night long. BK you could walk up and play any time. For what that’s worth.

Besides wonka surprise of the night for me was Star Wars. I want the premium now having played it.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Well aren't there a lot more BKSoR games on the floor to play than Wonkas?
    Also BK has brutally short ball times vs Wonka I imagine.
    Plus there's simply more to look at/explore on Wonka vs BK in terms of shots and PF gismos.

No not really. Not enough to warrant the disparity. 7 wonka vs 9 BK.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

There is probably room for another game in the cargo van.

Would be nice hah!!

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Marco told me himself he had 15 bk pro’s he was taking to the show... that’s not including the premiums.. that’s really all that’s there?

I only counted 9. Wife says 10. Marco brought 53 games total. Most were customer purchased and were other games like ST, IMDN, Beatles, etc.

#126 5 years ago

By the way I liked BK pro more than premium. I thought BK was pretty cool. It’s a mean game though, missing shots get punished.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

So you were able to play both the Pro and Prem there? What didn't you link about the Prem?

The upper playfield felt “off”. Like this whole huge piece of the machine for a ball lock. I thought flow was better on the pro. It ended up the opposite of what I was expecting.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from iluvak9:

I agree with both your thoughts here. And the one thing you were wondering about was also my biggest issue with it. Where's the big multiball start shows? Where's the variation in music when different modes or events are started and played? Where's the tension to make needed shots in modes? Where's the acknowledgment in video and sound when needed shots are made in modes? Where's the integration between what is on the screen, sound clips and what is going on in the playfield? For contrast, I think of Williams IJ, one of the best games at making you feel like you were playing in the world of the movie, where every single mode had unique music themes, sounds, lots of excitement and tension, and making needed shots was clearly acknowledged in quotes, sounds and in action shown on the screen. Hopefully, this will all come to fruition as they continue code development. Game has great playfield layout, great shot selection, interesting informative screen, good rule set, but now they need to make it interactive, more fun and rewarding for the player, and do a better job of integrating the source movie into the game.

I’m guessing more of that is coming. The code we saw was 60% completed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-versus-sternritchie-versus-lawlor?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.