Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“JJP versus STERN....Ritchie versus Lawlor”

• Black Knight 94 votes
      38%
    • Wonka 154 votes
      62%

(248 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FCB8EA7-3C78-45A1-97CE-EC8F31587E30 (resized).png
    F7E75010-9FDB-4516-8A71-158F618CC6C7 (resized).jpeg
    hero_Taxi-Driver-image-2 (resized).jpg
    bucket (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 5 years ago

I played them both at MGC multiple times. Here is my take. First, for me BK3 premium smokes the pro. You are going to want that upper playfield. I ragged on the animations after the stream, but they look better in person. Still seem less polished then JJP and Alice Cooper, but not bad like Houdini. The BK3 gameplay was pretty much what you would expect from Ritchie. It is fast, loud, and blinds you with flashers. I really didn't find the black knight mech that great. The flail just kinda gets in the way. The knight himself just seems like they stuck a doll in the middle. But I did enjoy the multiball action and was one shot away from the 6 ball! My verdict: great for location but not so much at home. For me, if I want a fast and brutal Ritchie game I would get an older one. That's why I have bought Tomcat twice and now it's bolted.

Wonka: it plays and flows and feels like Dialed In to me. Very smooth with lots going in. Tough to figure out right away. When I first played DI, I didn't like it. Just felt off and I really didn't get the shots. I hit them, but just didn't feel rewarded by hitting them. But over the years and more and more plays at shows, I've grown to really enjoy it. I think Wonka may be the same. After all the reviews, I was disappointed. It just felt like another good game. Verdict: I would sit it out and am considering a used Dialed In.

So, bottom line: both are good but more of the same. If you love Ritchie and modern Sterns then you will enjoy BK3. If you love Lawlor and JJP you'll love Wonka. If you are on the fence play before you buy. Me, I'm now home playing my Alice Cooper and loving it. I've got my Tomcat and SW if I want speed and blinding lights. I've got WOZ, Hobbit, and JJPOTC if I want a longer more immersive game. But, for my wallet, little Spooky really made a unique game with ACNC. So, the little guy beat the giants for my dollar.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-versus-sternritchie-versus-lawlor?tu=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.