Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“JJP versus STERN....Ritchie versus Lawlor”

• Black Knight 94 votes
      38%
    • Wonka 154 votes
      62%

(248 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FCB8EA7-3C78-45A1-97CE-EC8F31587E30 (resized).png
    F7E75010-9FDB-4516-8A71-158F618CC6C7 (resized).jpeg
    hero_Taxi-Driver-image-2 (resized).jpg
    bucket (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 5 years ago

Look.... 90% of y’all haven’t played either of these.

Black knight, the pro surprised many of us. The stream made it look very cool, whereas the LE looked dull to some. Keep in mind that the loop opto wasn’t working on the LE during the stream.

Wonka is in an even more primitive state in the design phase. They are not going to be cranked out for a while. I didn’t really see anything here that would be considered revolutionary, as kaneda led listeners to believe in the podcast.

Watching the deadflip stream and the Lawlor/Katz interview, you can tell both design teams are very proud of their products. They talk about their designs with no bs, their passions for their designs are genuine. As a consumer, I really appreciate all of that.

For me (and this is where I’ll earn all of your down votes lol), Ritchie has just been a better, more consistent designer than Lawlor over the years. Look at the titles. Both had their worst duds during the lean stern years, so let’s forget about 24 and csi. Where I think pat had the edge in the later system 11/wpc titles, Steve has more recently surpassed pat as a better designer. If you put me in a room with an AC/DC, family guy, Star Trek, and dialed in, the Ritchie titles are totally getting my quarters first.... they’re just.... better.

I’ve gotta play both, but I feel like I’m going to migrate to black knight in the end, based on what I like.

Mike

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-versus-sternritchie-versus-lawlor?tu=Guidotorpedo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.