Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“JJP versus STERN....Ritchie versus Lawlor”

• Black Knight 94 votes
      38%
    • Wonka 154 votes
      62%

(248 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FCB8EA7-3C78-45A1-97CE-EC8F31587E30 (resized).png
    F7E75010-9FDB-4516-8A71-158F618CC6C7 (resized).jpeg
    hero_Taxi-Driver-image-2 (resized).jpg
    bucket (resized).png

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Tonight we see how the heavyweight championship battle of the world plays out!

We have seen what BK has to offer to compare versus Willy Wonka in a few hours.

My beer fridge is fully stocked and I'm ready to go. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

Stern has been whipping JJP's ass for years now.

I think for the first time the tables get turned tonight. Wonka and Lawlor are gonna lay down a big ole can of whoop ass.

No excuses from anybody. Popping my first brewski right now.......

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

My beer fridge is fully stocked and I'm ready to go. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!
    I think for the first time the tables get turned tonight. Wonka and Lawlor are gonna lay down a big ole can of whoop ass.

I will add a poll once the reveal takes place.

#3 4 years ago

Whipping their ass one shitty retheme at a time.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta disagree with ya Ice. If JJP was doing a medieval type game or something cool like that I would say we have a competition but Wonka is no match for the Knight. I know a lot of u guys will embrace this again terrible theme for JJP but for me anyway theres no chance.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I thought SW vs. DI was pretty close call; Play very diff'rent but both great.
    Historically not a big BK fan, so I'm pretty interested to see how WOZ puked Wonka is; hopefully they go a little lower key. Also interested what kind of Layout PL goes with

#6 4 years ago

What if people like both?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:What if people like both?

I’m excited for both! Can’t wait to play these on location near me soon. Maybe even buy one for the basement!

#8 4 years ago

Let’s get ready to rumble!

#9 4 years ago

BKLE ordered, not a chance Willy Wonka will be downstairs.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Gotta disagree with ya Ice. If JJP was doing a medieval type game or something cool like that I would say we have a competition but Wonka is no match for the Knight. I know a lot of u guys will embrace this again terrible theme for JJP but for me anyway theres no chance.

LOL, hang in there for GNR Hazoff?

I get it, that's what makes this so great.

Now they both might do great but there won't be a draw here in this heavyweight fight.

Maybe the BK will get the victory!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

BKLE ordered, not a chance Willy Wonka will be downstairs.

See, the Banker is in on BK and no Wonka, that surprises me. No idea how this will turn out!

#12 4 years ago

I say it’s not gonna be close and the BK gets sent back to the dungeon with his sword up his Gluteus Maximus.

#13 4 years ago

Got my popcorn ready

bucket (resized).pngbucket (resized).png
    #14 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

LOL, hang in there for GNR Hazoff?

I wouldn't put that in my house either, Axl Rose in bicycle shorts? no thanks Now Motorhead and we have my first JJP purchase.

#15 4 years ago

I’m waiting to go see them both tonight MGC
    Having a cold one and BBQ. Show opens 75 minutes.

Cheers

#16 4 years ago

Different companies making machines for different reasons. Stern can survive without JJP. JJP would not survive without Stern. I think BK3 looks fast and fun but I am excited to see Wonka tonight. Its a wishlist theme for sure!

#17 4 years ago

I really can't see how JJP will miss the mark on Wonka. Just been playing ToM next to WOZ and even just the feel of the WOZ build quality next to ToM (which I love) is a big difference. JJP really puts the time and work in to a theme, IMHO and Stern just seems to toss them out there and see what sticks.

#18 4 years ago

Lawlor by a mile! I was very disappointed in the BK gameplay videos after being blown away by the initial appearance of the game.

#19 4 years ago

I was pumped up for both. The BK reveal got boring for me after a few minutes. Eagerly awaiting the WONKA reveal tonight. I'm going to MGC tomorrow and Sunday to play them both - that will be the true test. Is it 7PM yet?

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I wouldn't put that in my house either, Axl Rose in bicycle shorts? no thanks Now Motorhead and we have my first JJP purchase.

I figured that wouldn't fit the bill either! No JJP for you Hazoff.

#21 4 years ago

Is the reveal going to be live streamed?

#22 4 years ago

Deleted

#23 4 years ago

Local buddy Adam is there and will play both tonight. Need an update from him.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

1st JJP thread he hasn’t been booted from yet

R you referring to me here? I no longer go on JJP threads and never have been ejected so I know ur not talking about me. R u talking to me? You JJP guys never dissapoint.

hero_Taxi-Driver-image-2 (resized).jpghero_Taxi-Driver-image-2 (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:R you referring to me here? I no longer go on JJP threads and never have been ejected so I know ur not talking about me. R u talking to me? You JJP guys never dissapoint.
    [quoted image]

Hahahaaaa... you crack me up. I took too long to delete that - good luck with that Motörhead pin and don’t forget your meds

#26 4 years ago

Im kind of a Stern fanboy (just in case anyone didn't know that) but i predict that WONKA is going to make BK look pretty bad tonight. Im Quite sure though that I wouldn’t take WONKA over my Munsters Premium. Stern will still clean house though at the 2019 Twippy’s, I guarantee it!

#27 4 years ago

JJP + Pat + Wonka = a win
    Where do I place my bet

#28 4 years ago

I think that you could only truly pit them one on one of they were working for the same company with the same budget. It's kind of like judging two school teachers, one in Detroit and one in the suburbs. Which one is really better? The one with meager resources and difficult kids (city) who makes some progress or the one with many resources and easy kids (comfortable suburb) who makes just a little more progress? As a school teacher, it's the only occupational analogy I can make.

#29 4 years ago

Great time to be in the hobby.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I think that you could only truly pit them one on one of they were working for the same company with the same budget. It's kind of like judging two school teachers, one in Detroit and one in the suburbs. Which one is really better? The one with meager resources and difficult kids (city) who makes some progress or the one with many resources and easy kids (comfortable suburb) who makes just a little more progress? As a school teacher, it's the only occupational analogy I can make.

I get it, the analogy i make is life isn't fair in the big leagues and NO EXCUSES.

The Yankees have the $$$, resources and payroll and yet they don't win every title. I'm not even sure who the Yankees are in this analogy?

Texas Tech nearly won the National Championship, should have. No business being there with the big boys.

My wife was a teacher btw, inner city and later suburbs. So i respect the extreme hard work you put in!

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I get it, the analogy i make is life isn't fair in the big leagues and NO EXCUSES.
    The Yankees have the $$$, resources and payroll and yet they don't win every title. I'm not even sure who the Yankees are in this analogy?
    Texas Tech nearly won the National Championship, should have. No business being there with the big boys.
    My wife was a teacher btw, inner city and later suburbs. So i respect the extreme hard work you put in!

Thank you for your comment.

But back to the grudge match... I know that it was a long time ago, but let's not forget that Lawlor actually did work for Stern on a "Stern budget" at one time and made a couple of real stinkers. Gomez (LOTR) and Johnson/Balcer (TSPP) are the ones that knocked it out of the park in that era.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Rock on!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I know right. It’s like the auto industry.

Ok. So let’s say you have a Honda a chevy a Cadillac a Subaru a Tata....oh never mind

#35 4 years ago

Didn't particularly like the movie, not gonna like the pin due to theme. Now if they made a Black Knight movie...

#36 4 years ago

Anyway you look at this, strong competition is good for the consumer

#37 4 years ago

I think most people are gonna be extremely happy with the wonka reveal.... its gonna b a huge hit ... i actually think jjp will have trouble keeping up with demand.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

i actually think jjp will have trouble keeping up with demand.

They’ve always had that problem bigd lol. Im expecting big things here though, JJP needs a big hit thats for sure. I think their future depends on it.

#39 4 years ago

Please rename thread "PANZER vs WHODEY"

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

They’ve always had that problem bigd lol. Im expecting big things here though, JJP needs a big hit thats for sure. I think their future depends on it.

They have had trouble getting pins out in a timely fashion... but this will be different. They will get them out but with around 1500 preorders allready they are gonna have issues keeping up. Distros are gonna be bombarded with orders. The 500 ce are basically all spoken for allready lol.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

"A Dark Night For Stern II"

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

... I think for the first time the tables get turned tonight. Wonka and Lawlor are gonna lay down a big ole can of whoop ass.

You are so full of crap iceman ... there is NO WAY I'm buying that you just popped your first brewski today!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Let me tell ya about pinball toys, here we go...lol.

#44 4 years ago

Competition? What can Stern deliver for <6K vs. what JJP can deliver for minimum 8+K? Different leagues.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Stern isnt going to kick JJP’s Ass every single game PW, gotta let them win once in awhile.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You are so full of crap iceman ... there is NO WAY I'm buying that you just popped your first brewski today!

I actually work hard Tuna!

I’m about 6 16oz deep right now. Long ways to go!

Doesn’t take me long to catch up

#47 4 years ago

Nice game but why am i not as impressed as Kaneda is? I see nothing ground breaking, or in a “different league” or “magical” like Kaneda was saying. I like how they keep saying....”oh this is a prototype game” when the ball gets stuck and “we didn’t spent much time setting these games up”. Well why the hell wouldn’t you spend much time setting the games up correctly for such a big event that means so much to your company, i don’t understand that at all?

Sorry folks, but im not impressed and i was expecting much more the way that Kaneda pumped this game up like it was the second coming of Christ or something. Its a good game looks like but nothing super special. Give me my Munsters Premium any day of the week, not even joking!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice game but why am i not as impressed as Kaneda is? I see nothing ground breaking, or in a “different league” or “magical” like Kaneda was saying. I like how they keep saying....”oh this is a prototype game” when the ball gets stuck and “we didn’t spent much time setting these games up”. Well why the he’ll wouldn’t you spend much time setting thengames up correctly for such a big event that means so much to your company, i don’t understand that at all?
    Sorry folks, but im not impressed and i was expecting much more the way that Kaneda pumped this game up like it was the second coming of Christ or something. Its a good game looks like but nothing super special. Give me my Munsters Premium any day of the week, not even joking!

When you put it next to BKSOR, it looks like a champ though. Stern just looks de-featured and cheap these days.

#49 4 years ago

Based on what I've seen, BK Pro all day.

"GIMME YOUR MONEY!"

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Stern just looks de-featured and cheap these days.

Maybe BK but not Munsters or IMDN

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-versus-sternritchie-versus-lawlor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.