Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nexyss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am considering selling or trading GnR to get a Hobbit (wife’s not crazy about the idea, so still negotiating). I could also see someday trading AFMr for Pirates...maybe.

Is there an option to turn off that stupid “tweet your score” qr code that pops up at the end of the game? I ignore it when I play the games at shows, but I think that would annoy the crap out of me if I owned one.

#2 5 years ago

No.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

there an option to turn off that stupid “tweet your score” qr code

Unfortunately no.
But it's not a big deal I rarely notice it.

If the wife is interested in pinball, get the WOZ. In my opinion it's a better game.

Who knows when the code will be finished on the hobbit. If ever.

Pinballgoddess loves her WOZ and plays it every day. She has little interest in my Hobbit.

The games she likes are IJ, Farfalla and WOZ.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Unfortunately no.
But it's not a big deal I rarely notice it.
If the wife is interested in pinball, get the WOZ. In my opinion it's a better game.
Who knows when the code will be finished on the hobbit. If ever.
pinballgoddess loves it and plays it every day. She has little interest in my Hobbit.

We have both tried woz, but neither of us care for it. I played hobbit at GSPF, and I enjoyed it the most out of all the games there. No idea if that would stand up over time.

GnR is a favorite of mine, but it is the least played of my 3 pins by a pretty large margin, so I kinda want something I would play more.

The tweet thing may be a deal breaker for me. Not being able to turn something like that off just seems like a really stupid decision by JJP.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I am considering selling or trading GnR to get a Hobbit (wife’s not crazy about the idea, so still negotiating). I could also see someday trading AFMr for Pirates...maybe.

Big mistake.

#6 5 years ago

Hobbit is awesome especially at home. I never notice the tweet screen. Shouldn't be an issue worth affecting a buying decision. Plus, if rumors are true, a jjp gnr may be in the future and that's a game people will want.

#7 5 years ago

Fwiw the screen stops showing up after 5 minutes of inactivity. You generally see it at most 3 times in that case.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Fwiw the screen stops showing up after 5 minutes of inactivity. You generally see it at most 3 times in that case.

Good to know that's probably why I have never really noticed it

#9 5 years ago

The Tweet your score is a deal breaker? Really really? Your score in a Qr code is just killing your ego ain’t? It’s like my boy getting a girls toy, no no no!

Good grief, I thought I was too cool for school but that was when I was in school.

Every time pinball makes a come back, it’s along with new tech.

You bunch of “no”s. Seriously seriously?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from AckerApple:

The Tweet your score is a deal breaker? Really really? Your score in a Qr code is just killing your ego ain’t? It’s like my boy getting a girls toy, no no no!
Good grief, I thought I was too cool for school but that was when I was in school.
Every time pinball makes a come back, it’s along with new tech.
You bunch of “no”s. Seriously seriously?

I don’t like twitter. Why would I want to see that every time I play a game that I paid thousands of dollars for? It has nothing to do with ego, as I wouldn’t use it anyway.

If there was an option to turn it off, or an option to use a service that I use (fb, insta), then that would be ok for me. As it is, it is advertising for something I really dislike. If it posted a qr code that would post a screenshot of the display with the score and selfie images embedded to insta of fb, that could be something that I would use, or at least not mind that it is there.

I haven’t completely ruled out a JJP game because of it, but it is certainly a factor. Forcing me to look at a tweet advertisement is not something I want to pay for. If they played any ad on something I had to pay for, I probably wouldn’t buy it.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

If they played any ad on something I had to pay for, I probably wouldn’t buy it.

I take it you don't have cable TV, go to the movies, go to a baseball game or any live sporting event or concerts, a Hulu subscription, or even a Spooky Pinball game? You donated to Pinside four years ago, I take it you didn't use the site during the time that your Pinside donation/recognition was active because they have ads at the top?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I take it you don't have cable TV, go to the movies, go to a baseball game or any live sporting event or concerts, a Hulu subscription, or even a Spooky Pinball game? You donated to Pinside four years ago, I take it you didn't use the site during the time that your Pinside donation/recognition was active because they have ads at the top?

Correct. I'm guessing that he has a lot of very strong opinions about other things that a normal person just takes for granted.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I don’t have cable. I go to movies once or twice a year. I go to concerts once in a while, probably average 3 a decade. Only live sporting events I have went to were because of free tickets. I have Hulu, but pay for the ad free version. There are a few shows that have ads before the show, and I deal with that. The non ad free version of Hulu was a hard no. I haven’t even noticed ads on pinside in a while.

These things are all a lot different than an $8500 toy displaying something I particularly dislike in my home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-twitter-qr-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.