(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 2 years ago

Man, I hope you all are right. I got one spot left and the wife approved Toy Story can take the spot.

Crossing fingers. Soon... We will all know.

1 week later
#389 1 year ago

So… I have not watched the stream yet. Waiting for my kids to go to sleep.

There is no Game reveal today?

#395 1 year ago

Damn… so the intent of this Q&A was to publicly introduce Steve Richie to JJP??

Was hoping today was a game reveal. This show is not done, but my hope is fading.

3 weeks later
#474 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Talked to my Dist. He is saying reveal in June , Lookng forward to this title.

Hmm… was hoping a reveal end of this month.. have the wife on my side to get Toy Story.

The longer this drags out the more I could see the wife 2nd guessing.. haha.

It’s only because we have a new born on the way in early July.

Hurry up JJP!!!!

1 week later
#498 1 year ago

So… this weekends pinball event does anyone know if JJP will be there with a possible reveal of its next game?

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

First three movies just like Indiana Jones A Pinball Adventure!!

yes, it’s a must!! A nice movie journey through Toy Story spite some not liking the sequels…. I enjoy the whole series.

I hope this being the last game made by Lawlor, he makes this game have awesome shots with valuable deep code that it challenges The Simpson’s.

1 week later
#563 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Summer 2022 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on Tuesday, June 21

Lets hope JJP reveals this "new beginning" at this time. I've been itching and waiting for this. I did not need another Music pin in GnR, besides I have Metallica pin.

Let's go TS!!!

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I agree. I'm guessing 12-12.5k

Ugh... I'm a first time JJP Buyer. I will buy TS, but now I wonder what number I'm going to tell my wife? Hahaha...

The wife is aware of what inflation can do to the price, but this is gonna sting a little.

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I bought a nib Wonka in January. No pf issues thus far. My invisiglass had a small scratch on it. JJP sent me a new sheet within days (and didn’t ask for old one back). Then I had a plastic crack and same thing, JJP sent me a new one right away.

That is good to hear... If TS is released as JJP next game this will be my first purchase from them. So, hope your experience would be similar as some little things like yours are manageable.

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I am expecting 13K and $17K

Well, if GnR CE was $12,500 and to go straight to $17K seems more than a gut punch.

That is a 36% increase. I'm not sure how much CE prices have increased over time as I never entertained the idea of buying one.

If there is to be an increase, which would not surprise anyone, then my guess will be $2,500 to a solid $15K.

That is a 20% increase. Perhaps that will sit well with many existing CE owners?

The smaller increase the better, but I prefer JJP does not cut corners and strip the features/toys just to target a certain target MSRP.

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

There are some economic indicators of a possible recession looming. If JJP sets the price high and then a recession kills the market, they're going to have to make an embarrassing price reduction to keep orders going.

That is a valid point in the current times. Recession also means loss of jobs and many closure of businesses.

Let’s hope that does not come around, but yeah a valid point I failed to remember when I first commented on price.

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Jack was on a podcast and said game #7 in a couple weeks!

which one? I want to hear this for myself and to inform the wife to get ready!!

#852 1 year ago

Man… this is annoying waiting for the next JJP reveal.

I’m waiting to see if Spooky will create more Total Nuclear Annihilation , but if TS is confirmed it’s a done deal for me.

Reveal the game already JJP!!

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Best confirmation yet. At 13:20 into the video Todd mentions incoming Toy Story pins just after discussing selling his Ultraman CE. See link below:

Oh yeah... Let the games begin!!! Todd was at the Texas Pinball Festival with JJP there as well. So, maybe Todd got inside info??

I'm just hoping shortly to get an email from my distributor to confirm my position on the waitlist.

I remember For GnR if you were on the CE distributor list and also ordered from JJP directly, JJP cancelled the order. Is that true? Do I have to choose who I want to process my order?

Or, Can I try to get a spot directly from JJP and the distributor to hope one of them stick?

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

On Facebook jack and jen are by the sign and the post reads ten years ago they brought forth WOZ. And game #7 to be announced soon.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : They removed my post about them bringing me on board 9 years ago for tech support and if they are coming to my 50th anniversary party.

Just saw the post on Facebook about Game #7 being announced. I hope this teaser is only a few weeks away. Guess I better stop putting my spare funds into Crypto assets and be ready to pay for this Game.

I'm a kid myself at heart. My job requires too much professionalism and I like to chill out with the family and play.

Pinball on. Seems I might finally get a hands on my first JJP CE game (minus playing one at Museum of Pinball).

1 week later
#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

My distributor just indicated he’s received his initial allocations from JJP and he believes it will be revealed in the next 2-3 weeks. He also said he’s seen the pin, it is Toy Story, and he thinks it will meet or exceed pinhead expectations!

Wow... That is cool. Is it common for distributors to get an allocation count weeks in advance? Also, does that really matter as I heard the JJP stripped CE allocations from distributors "last minute" for GnR.

Would that happen again?

I'm trying to determine the right path forward to try and secure my first JJP CE. I imagine JJP will not be happy if someone attempts to have his distributor order a CE and also buys direct through their website.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bless you sir. You are a wise man !
You'll be pleased with the game and quality of the build. CGC really knocked this one out of the park.

Yeah, the promotion video really shows it off well.

Did Lyman Sheats finish revamping the code before his unexpected passing? I love all the games Lyman coded.

#1114 1 year ago

Okay... Where the heck will JJP announce the game when they are ready to release the notice? Let's say they do announce it during end of June during Pintastic would they post this announcement to https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/news/ or their Facebook page right away?

Or, do I have to follow some other feed?

Would like to know so I can contact my distributor right away.

#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You should have probably already done that.

Oh, I've done that already, but appears that I need to confirm that I am still interested in purchasing the product after the reveal.

Not sure if this is the workflow many distributors take or perhaps I mentioned to my distributor to buy a CE with contingency of JJP #7 being TS.

I should sort this out with him, but was just asking the community.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Go to the bottom of the website and sign up for the JJP mailing list. Follow JJP on instagram and facebook. Those three will get the announcements when there are announcements.

Thank you! The answer I was looking for.

#1146 1 year ago

What are people's feeling when it can be revealed? I work in a facility that disallows phones and I cannot glue myself to this computer.

Many said during Pintastic which is June 23-26, but do you have a feeling it will be sooner?

To me, given they announced a post about a reveal soon via Facebook and this new video drop for how to order a CE I wonder if it will be this weekend?

Or, is it common to announce it during the beginning of the month?

#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I just hope it’s fun and the rules are deep but not overly complex.

Its a Pat Lawlor game. Given his track record this game should be fun, deep, and challenging. Personally, I think he did a great job with Wonka and that is why I am buying this game unseen. This will probably be my only JJP purchase.

I have Baby #3 on the way which really putting a dent into my pinball funds. There are plenty of SS games I could target instead of NIB games.

If this is really Pat's last work of art, boy oh boy his heart and soul will be poured into this game.

That is what I envision at least.

#1342 1 year ago

God no TS 4 only theme. That is a disservice to the franchise. I don’t think this game will only be based on that film.

Either way I’m committed to follow through to buy this CE.

Perhaps this was why it took so long. Creative differences on how to execute this theme??

#1348 1 year ago

If I had extra funds and space.. I’d buy both TS and Dialed In.

I enjoy originality and some of the mechs were fun to me. However, I’ve only played it in the wild and not in a home setting.

I still think TS will be awesome. I just want it to be better than The Simpsons Pinball Party

#1360 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

It really isn’t. There is an uncanny similarity in their voice work. I challenge you to tell the difference. I certainly can’t.

I think it’s that I/we notice Buzz voice is not the same tone as before.. I knew that instantly and saw it was Chris ***** (don’t want to name him).
That is just from the trailer.. how about all of Buzz’s unique expressions?? Tim was awesome at that.

Ugh… I agree when I watch the new movie I’ll notice it for a bit and soon it will be fine.

Just a shocker to start with.

Bring Tim Allen Back!! He is the tool man after all.

#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I just want army men

Ooo… yeah, that would be a cool dedicated mission mode.

Too much to do. I hope they just throw all in. I’m my eyes the code could be as large as POTC. Too many character with their own journey.

Super excited!!

#1451 1 year ago

Damn… guess now that business hours are over for central/east coast no teaser.

Guess it’s another week waiting…

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Dang!! I subscribed to their channel and I was notified. Huh…

Boy oh boy! I’m ready for this.

Rumor next game designed by Pat Lawlor: Check.
Clue maybe it’s a TS theme: Check (to the person who found Me. potato head).:..

I know I’m gonna like this game.

#1711 1 year ago

I’m getting tired reading so much speculative talk… I hope JJP can finally give a proper tease tomorrow so this thread can be more productive.

I’ll be a little sad if it’s not TS, but I’m still gonna get this CE. I’ve made arrangements with the wife.

I’ve had too many conversations with the wife to not follow through. She finally said yes and I’m taking advantage of it.

#1835 1 year ago

Dang it!!!! Let’s start the week with a awesome bang from JJP!

The hype train is already charged.. wait longer and it’ll fizz out.

Come on JJP! Today please.

#1863 1 year ago

yeah is this true!!!

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

If I was Jack, I would launch this thing this second. Based on the stock market, people may not have cash tomorrow

I don’t feel like working…. Need the teaser trailer!!

#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Still PLENTY of air to come out of the COVID bubble.
[quoted image]

Lets not jinx the inevitable downward trend. Luckily, I'm not a day trader and have more than 20 years before I retire. Just part of the cycle.

I'm ready to lock in my CE!!!

#2127 1 year ago

Question for previous JJP owners: Do you buy replacement parts right away or wait it out?

Is it best to order it through JJP website or your distributor??

#2178 1 year ago

Oh... That is slick promo. This better be bad ass. Hyped up the wife spite informing her of potential CE "inflation" costs. Gosh I hope I am wrong as it will help all of us.

#3191 1 year ago

I'm surprised that no one is calling out the Similarity what happened with Stern Star Wars reveal. This is the same affect.

I'm thinking this was a full-on Disney request that dumped on JJP. Stern Star Wars playfield in the center is also bare. So it seems Disney requirement on certain franchise is to have focus on the theme's characters.

Unfortunate, but guess what? I love my #star-wars-stern-le as the game is an experience spite not having loads of toys/mechs. I'm not getting rid of that game.

However, I would agree this is a steep price increase and not so much difference to CE edition. Oh well, got the wife approval to buy the CE and I'm sticking to it.

Real question: Is this a keeper or a "beat it" and sell it type of game?

#4109 1 year ago

Whelp folks I'm in with my CE. I know, but I have 2 girls (8,6) that actually liked TS4. I only have Met and SW at home and while they like playing those it does not last long.

I get the angle for TS4 was for non-pinheads. I'm an average player and wonder if I can finally beat a game. This one could be it.

We shall see. I hope the rules give the game justice spite lack of Mechs.

Personally, I can see games in the future being similar to this as time spent Development, production will be MUCH lower than before. Hence, JJP could produce 2 games a year using this model.

However, I do hope they change the price. Ouch, luckily I can fund this, but not moving forward.

#4417 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Game shoots really really good. Jump ramp shot feels very satisfying when you hit it. Lotsa flow. Reserve judgement till you play it.
*Disclaimer* Keeping my order

Did you play the game in the wild around the LA area?

I live in Ridgecrest, Ca which is about 2-2 1/2 hours to LA area and would be nice to play one in person.

I got my CE in order, but wanna get my hands on one.

#4490 1 year ago

Yes, there is a lack of Mechs and toy integration. I hope the code will make this game a keeper. Not every pin needs to be difficult, super infused in Mechs.

Yes, I was hoping for jam packed mechs and was disappointed with the outcome. Hoping the "less is more" is enough to keep it for a while.

This reminds me of #star-wars-stern-le reveal and people flock to it. I do have a CE on order and know that if I ever do resell the pin, I wont be getting 100% of the funds back.

I'll be okay to lose about 30% or so if I need to switch it out. Oh well. Cannot put a price on family fun.

#4705 1 year ago

Too much issue with the price. I get it and it sucks JJP did it without making “justifiable” reason from the perspective of customers.

For argument sake…. What is a respectable price the LE/CE should have been?

#4719 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Yes!! And that is what would happen. Either way, someone is going to have to pay 15K!! Jersey Jack or Second Hand Buyers lol

Yup.. That is me the sucker paying CE NIB price! I’ll gladly take the hit. I’m fully aware if I decide to sell/trade it in the future, it’s value will go down (unless I find the right buyer). That will be a few years down the road.

Im good with that as I know I’m gonna have a blast playing this game.

I agree if JJP kept the price the same as Wonka, there would be less complaining.

The nearest pinball arcade center near me is at least 2 hours drive one way. Time is my main factor driving me to buy this game.

With my 3rd baby on the way I’m sure the wife will not want to drive just to play some pins.

#4756 1 year ago

Has anyone consider that perhaps JJP game construction is by design? Meaning, Eric or one game designer will produce a game with lots of Mechs which takes extra time to develop/manufacture.

Then, JJP will have another designer who can build a great game focused on less Mechs which results with less time to develop/manufacture??

If overlapped just right JJP can produce 2 games a year with the same combined BOM price for both games.

It’s probably guaranteed Eric’s next game will be mech heavy.

#4981 1 year ago

Seems this game needs to be loved for what it is. A simple shooter game with less Mechs, and straight forward rules.

I’ve not played this or read into the rules, just impression watching streamers…

Not all games have to have super deep rules, impossible to beat, etc.. if it was tastefully done it can be consider a classic. Appreciate the nice flow, shots.

Yes, I agree this game will lose value from NIB price, but it typically happens to a lot of games.

I’m not a great player and seeing the rules, to accomplish this all in 3 balls seems tough for me. Maybe I can finally beat a JJP game for once.

#4982 1 year ago

Actually, would be nice if JJP can slightly adjust the difficulty and/or add another super Wizard mode. It seems great players will burn though this game, but wonder if the replay ability to complete all objectives will hold up.

Time will tell.

I hope JJP also listens and attempt to fix the flipper issues from losing power

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl has fixed his coil-sleeve-less right flipper and wired up all three flippers for real-time temps and will be streaming Toy Story 4 tonight starting at 7pm. He said there's one multiball he missed because he was unfamiliar with the rules, so he'll be going for that tonight as well as completely finishing the game (both Woody and Buzz playthroughs of Meet Me at the Carousel).
It'll be on his iepinball twitch channel, 7pm PDT, a little less than an hour from now:
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Sweet!! I look forward to watching this tonight. maybe replay mode. In the hospital playing the waiting game for baby #3.

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a different ball game after #3 and you are outnumbered. Gotta go to the zone defense. I’ve got 3 girls.
GL. Best thing in the world!

Thanks, roger that!! We have 2 girls and baby #3 is a boy. Maybe that could even the odds for me to play a little offense.
Healthy baby is all I care about.

However, my youngest girl is more of a tomboy and might be able to hold up.

The dynamics will surely be interesting moving forward.

Cannot wait to get my TS4 CE!!! My job finally is giving us paid family leave. I could sure use a new pin.

#5053 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I'd find it hard to believe that TS4 didn't cost more to develop than most pins. Those JP de Win video assets are best-in-class. But development costs are fixed. The variable costs on TS4 shouldn't be significantly higher than many if not most other pins. And that includes royalties, which any licensed theme likely has to pay, including Stern's royalties to Disney for Mando.
If their variable costs are higher on TS4, then JJP is doing something wrong with procurement or manufacturing.

Well… it would be nice if a certain representative from JJP can talk upon it. Transparency is all what customers ask for.

However, JJP does not have an obligation to address this. I as well wonder what drove the cost of this pin for about $3,000 increase for CE.

FYI, I have a CE on order spite the severe cost increase. I know, I’m part of the problem.

#5082 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am glad to see a distro discounting this game, will be interesting to see if others follow suit. Wonder if itwill drop to SE level?

So… what are the odds a distro selling CE for a discount??? Or would this apply to LE’s right now?

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Patience young Padawan. Flow soon the discounts will...

My impatience got the best of me

Already put my deposit for a CE. Guess I’ll be the one to take the NIB hit.

#5093 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so you broke down and got an LE to play while waiting for your CE in the fall?

No sir… always targeted the CE. I was only curious about the validity of a discount already being applied to the LE.

If I had enough funds I would get WOZ and TS4 instead of 2 TS4’s.

#5172 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I got to play a few times at Pintastic. I will say it’s a really fun game. Not a buy for me because I don’t care for the theme. The price is high but I could afford it if I was in love with Toy Story. I feel like the best game at the show was Rush premium. Just a better all sound shooting game. And I’m not a music pin guy. Never owned one. I already have CCr so didn’t bother to get in that line. Weird Al is cool but it’s the same as all the other P3 games. I would rather have Heist if I could get only one.

do you feel Toy Story would be a good addition to a lineup that already has deep rule based games with tough shots?

I’m thinking TS4 would fit that bill for new pinball machines. I feel I need a pin I can walk up to and have a fun experience.. FYI, I’m not the best player and do hope my skills improve.

Yes, the price is the main problem for many to add to their lineup…. Guess the future will tell what those same people would be willing to pay given the chance (and if they are still interested).

#5202 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yes, they lost about 10% in the past
I think there are a certain percentage of pinball buyers that need to recoup just about all of the purchase price to afford the next game so they get very bent out of shape if their toy depreciates

Exactly this. I've mentioned this before the percentage lost on NIB compared to buying gaming console is much lower (even though cost is much higher).

Perhaps some cannot stomach losing $1-3K on a NIB machine. It would suck for me as well, but when it comes with NIB that is a risk many have to remember.

I'm curios how NIB prices will be in 1-2 years with Stern, Spooky, etc... (Not JJP as we already see they are steadily increasing price until TS4!!!).

#5204 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Toy Story 4 LE's are going to be selling for $10k within 6 months - a year with CE prices holding at $15k versus increasing IMO. With each price increase the amount people are willing to pay on the secondary market decreases. We've already seen this with a majority of Stern premiums as prices have approached $9k. How many people want to travel to someone's house with $10k+ in cash? That's only going to occur for select games and one's that are rarer then basically an unlimited number of Toy Story 4 LE's.

Yup, you are not wrong on this observation as well (about 20-30% loss for NIB LE resell). That is why I opted to buy a CE in hopes if there is a % loss it will be less than LE's. Of course you need to find the right buyer if there will be one down the road.

Also, I agree about bringing major $$$$ to a pinsider or some random dude's house. That is also another reason of my desire to purchase NIB and not deal with that.

Guess I'll face my fears when I'm ready to by WoZ.

#5226 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

== Game Code
* (bugfix) updated Buzz Quick Multiball to fix potential crash
* (bugfix) updated drop target to not mark itself bad on power up
* updated default Caboom Scene Played difficulty to 6 needed (previously 5)
* updated default Gabby Gabby Multiball to 5 hits needed
* updated Carnival Multiball rule and scoring
* Scorbit achievement descriptions updated
* various other bug fixes and improvements
That's it? Maybe they do consider the code to be essentially finished.

Yeah would not be surprised if they say the code is nearly completed. I think that is the general consensus.

However, this information is a little concerning… it’s like when in Metallica they lowered the default requirements to qualify for the modes.

I guess our hopes in getting more mini-wizard modes injected seems unlikely. The main one I like is after completing X number of multiball you are rewarded. With mini-wizard mode.

#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Does this mean he's loosing $1000? Wasn't the deposit through JJP for a CE $2k?

$2,500.. yes, he is losing $1,500 on his deposit.

#5248 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The deposit amount varied by distributor. Mine charged $3500 deposit on the CE.
You would have to PM and ask fattrain what his terms are. I interpreted it as $1k on top
of the $15k otherwise it would have been sold by now.

Ah, thanks for correction and fair points. This is my first time NIB purchase through a distributor and was not aware it entirely depends on the distro.

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

If your buying from a Flipper the risk is on you. I never understood the NIB Pinball machine market.
What if the game doesn't work or has a defect. Will the JJP still honor the warranty ( whatever that is ) without the original dealer / distro?
Makes no sense.

I’ve never bought from a flipper, but I bought my Star Wars in used market..

As long as the flipper is nice enough to tell you where they bought it, you can use that distro to act on your behalf when issuing Warrantee requests.

That is what CoinTaker did for me.

#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Based off of my 3 plays... I'd take 2 Stern pros if I had the room. Will report back after more plays. However, this may be better for office casuals.

Or if the machine is literally 8 feet from the door of the HR managers office.

I needed it... the machine came a day early and I didn't have my tools.
Of note... there was a huge warning label that only qualified service personel can access the panel to plug in the machine.
Thats right... a warning label for only qualified personnel to plug it in.[quoted image]

Ugh.. yeah, I know what your talking about regarding the games layout. I’ve only put down my deposit and still assessing if this is right for me.
Guess I’m doing a road trip to play this game to decide.

Maybe I can find someone who would take over my order to get my deposit back.

Decisions, decisions…

#5269 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

1,000 CEs for JJP is ridiculous
Throw in a delivered price of $15,500
And a Toy Story 4 theme
I don’t think there is any way JJP sells 1,000 CEs
When it came time to put up the $$$ there were a ton of dropouts
They had a hard time unloading 500 Wonka CEs at $12,500. Had a close out sale to my distro who bought them all.
Wonka is an excellent game btw
Who knows, this market is crazy and pin buyers are fickle

Yeah, I recall there were many Wonka CE’s around and then poof.. all gone.

It was a fun game when I played it. I’m torn as I’m considering picking up a WOZ.

The wife is pushing me to buy WOZ considering “Bang for Buck” is on WOZ side and I am thinking a road trip is needed very soon to test drive this game out. That will help me make my ultimate decision.

FYI, I wanted TS4 for ease and a family friendly game, but the wife put things into perspective for me.

1 week later
#5496 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Wonka isn’t in the top 10 but many would prefer it to most games in the top 10 so take the rankings with several grains of salt…

I myself switched my plan to buy TS4 CE to Wonka LE. Would be cool to get a Wonka CE as I paid a markup close to it.

That game has enough shots and complex code to go with it. Let’s not forget enough interactive toys that support the theme.

That was lacking for me with TS4 or rather the focus of Carnival also drew me away.

#5503 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am trying to figure why it is my current favorite game in my line up. Maybe I need some new games, or higher rated games.
I can't wrap my head around it as well, just so much stupid fun playing it. I was so close to pure imagination today!!!! Stupid Vador Golden ticket!!! Sometimes it is my first ticket of game and usually it is the one holding me back from PI!

I should be getting my NIB Wonka LE this Wednesday… from your comment sounds like Wonka will take a while to beat?? I’m an average player so I’m assuming it will take me a long time to beat Wonka.

I had fun playing Wonka from what I remember. That is the pinball business is to just shoot and have fun. Who cares what should be rated higher… it’s all fun. Nice to come home from hard days work and take a load off playing pinball.

#5540 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Considering it took 4 years to make, was the good bye game from a designer with lots of accolade.
Had a theme most were really into and due to theme anticipated lots of fun mechs and imagination, were price was also indikating something very, very special.
You, might not call it a flop, but i think many are hugely disappointed.

This brings another point… do we all think it took Pat L and team almost 4 years to develop this game?

I’m assuming folks were expecting TS for the past 4 years, but I want to think JJP did not take that long to produce this game.

1 week later
#5829 1 year ago

I’m gonna leave this here…. a reminder even this custom device can handle virtual pinball with zero lag. Sure it’s not the same emulation as the Tiki party, but dammit… it could have been executed better.

#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did.
Filled it out.
At the end I put down get LTG : ) Back.
I hope everyone does this.

Just received the survey in my email.. I was gonna ignore it, but I’ll do what you suggest.

I mean, I still see you here responding to everyone asking help on their JJP games.

Crazy to me!! Didn’t JJP see the passion you have for your work? Why get rid of an individual like that whom the pinhead community like/respect?

Unless, cost has to do with it. Everyone always looking for ways to trim cost.

A boss I know fired the most senior position in his group to hire 2 new entry levels to replace him to save cost. And now his deliverable schedule has slipped and he wonders why? Some people are not meant to lead.

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Sadly, being ventriloquist dummies, the Bensons are mute.

Sure, but there are plenty of clips that can be played in the background when they are chasing Woody. That would be cool. JJP would have to overlay with Gabby voice.

Why not have a mode specifically revolved around them. Ugh, again a reminder too much was not implemented.

I'm enjoying my NIB Wonka, but still think TS could of been something real great. JJP can produce a TS1-3 in the future.

Though, I would think people would be pissed if they did that. Not I!!!

1 week later
#5986 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My GNRCE and WONKACE pf’s are beautiful and flawless.

Did your Wonka CE come with the washer under various posts like the one shown here??

I just bought NIB Wonka LE with build date 12/21.

Just curious.

AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpegAC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That there is a B+ game, I reckon.

Was he able to sell it?

Wondering how the secondary market is flowing for these. Personally, I want this game to drop by at least 20% MSRP before I consider buying one. If it does not happen, all good. Plenty of other games to pick up.

1 week later
#6031 1 year ago

To each to their own. Glad many are playing TS4 and enjoying the game. It’s a fun pin and if I had ample room I would have kept my order.

The main objective is that the machine gets played. I’ll be going back to a location that has TS4.

For those who had played enough TS4 and Wonka, how similar are the shots to one another?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=zermeno68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.