(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2646 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The game has characters to collect like slinky dog and Hamm and such. The game is fun which I used to think was what mattered but I understand that things have been changing and maybe I'm missing out or something. I like playing it and the code is pretty much done. Shots are smooth. Maybe none of that matters and if so then I'm misjudging things. That's all cool.

Yeah, but I can "collect" characters in any $20-$60 video game in a similar, and more realized manner.

The reality of a pinball game is NOT via relying more on digital assets than......physical one's.

It's okay for fans of the franchise, pinball, Lawlor and most of all JJP to be disappointed.

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from gawcol:

LIMITED EDITION​
Exclusive Limited Edition Art Package by John Youssi
• Imagination Blue Powder Coated Armor
• Individually Numbered LE Plaque – Limited to 5,000 Units
• Custom Voice Narration by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)
• Pinball Version of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” by Randy Newman
• 27″ Backbox LCD Display With Scenes From The Film
• 10″ Carnival Game LCD Playfield Display
• 120 Watt 2.1 Stereo Sound System with Subwoofer
• 300+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs
• JJP Exclusive HotRail Lighting System
• Star Adventurer RGB LED Stunt Deck Marquee
• Duke Caboom Stunt Ramp with Benson Posts
• Gabby Gabby Pop-Up Mech
• Second Chance Antique Store Mystery Scoop
• “Take A Chance” Spinning Wheel Mechanism
• Road Trip Physical 3-Ball Lock with Drop Target
• 5 FORKY Targets
• 4 Buzz Pop Bumpers
• 2 Woody and Bo Peep Spinners – 1 Captive Ball
• Shaker Motor & Invisiglass
• Photo Booth Camera
• Wi-Fi Enabled + Bluetooth Audio
COLLECTOR’S EDITION​
• Carnival Red Powder Chrome Armor
• Individually Numbered CE Plaque – Limited to only 1,000 Units
• Pixar Luxo Ball Shooter Knob
• Exclusive Playfield Artwork with Sparkle Accents
• RadCal Cabinet Art Package by John Youssi
• Mirrored Backglass & Art Blades
• Fiber Optic Fireworks Topper with Flying Duke Caboom Mech
• 450+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs with Under Cabinet Lighting
• Signature Card Signed by Pat Lawlor & Jack Guarnieri
• Laser Etched Rule Card
• Additional Custom Speech by Annie Potts (Bo Peep)

Didn't notice that scoop initially..! SOLD!!!

I'm just jaw dropped at the rumored pricing for this, and there's no way the JJP owner would drop pricing, riiiiight?

If this were more $6500 LE/$8500 CE things would be more excusable/understandable, but even Led Zeppelin seems to have more going on in the playfield. This seems like the front 80% is barren.

Just....shocked. Still.

Dialed-In was jam packed, Wonka started to lose mechs in comparison, but managed to bluff it out. This....seems all LCD's, all displays, and all software. Which is not traditional pinball, and certainly seems cheaper production wise.

But hey, if it's anything we found out during Covid, someone has to pay.....for profit margins to be met!

#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Was this game initially supposed to go out in wonka's place and got pushed back?

Supposedly to get a better acquisition of license usage.

#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I think JJP may have jumped the shark with this one.

*the Caboom

Quoted from crujones4life:

I think it looks cool...really wish there was an SE option. My family loves Toy Story and Forky. Not for $12,000...

Well, to be fair, that LE is the new SE at CE pricing...!

#2949 1 year ago

Yeesh. Even the playfields look nearly identical, some coloration aside.

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got the Pinball Star email. Stock available! LEs and CEs available!
How Can I Order ?
Click on one of the Purple Paypal Buttons below to secure your spot and get in line fast and early !
Limited Edition $ 12,000
Limited to 5,000 Games / $ 1,000 Deposit
LIMITED (LE) - Click HERE to pay $ 1,000 Deposit via Paypal
Collector's Edition $ 15,000
Limited to 1,000 Games / $ 2,500 Deposit
COLLECTOR'S (CE) - Click HERE to pay $ 2,500 Deposit via Paypal
READ BEFORE ORDERING :
Nothing more due until your game is close to shipping.
Shipping is additional.
PA residents pay sales tax.
USA sales only.
3.5% paypal fee added to all orders at paypal checkout. $ 35 for LE / $ 87.50 for CE.
Final payments will be only by check or wire transfer.
All sales are final - no cancellations / refunds for any reason - do not order if you are trying to order elsewhere as well and will end up with a duplicate order / multiple models on order etc... LEs can be resold with a $ 100 transfer fee which will be taken off the deposit being held.
Read this paragraph again if needed.
NOTES ON CEs :
We can NOT accept Collector Edition CE orders by email or regular mail due difficulties in tracking quantities available. Only way to order a CE is by using the above Paypal button. The CEs are very limited in number available and the Paypal button will only work while supplies last. If you can't order that means they are sold out.
You can also pay for an LE by check as well to mailing address at bottom of this email - just email us at [email protected] to let us know so we know it's coming and can send you a confirmation.

He sold out of CE's in 2 minutes!

This hobby is batshit!!!

#3053 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Did you hear this from Pinball Star? I'd bet you a nickel he still has them available.

The email link stated when links die, the game is sold out. I hit the button and it said so.

J.J. Babich also sold out on CE's.

#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

It seems to be based primarily on screen engaged gameplay though, versus gameplay based on actual mechanical devices.

This is not why we pinball.

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It worked really well in Wonka though. Everyone was similarly crabby when it launched but people grew to appreciate it in time.
I predict the same here.

Wonka had a lot of great lane and ramp shots, and some okay mechs.

I view Dialed-In as a 10/10 of pinball gimmickry, Wonka as a 6, and this seems about a 2.

Lawlor clearly should have done his victory lap with Wonka, and he was present in person there for that event.

This seems more like a vengeful turd that he left smoking in the toilets as he darted out. Ultimately this is more Disney, JJP/Greedy Owner, then Lawlor though.

I was super excited yesterday, so I have NO reason to shit on this except it looks like a sad, lonely toilet to me.

Awful that my Hobbit cost half this much....

#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Toy Story 4 Pinball Featurette (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2022)
An in-depth look into Jersey Jack Pinball's newest pinball machine release: Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 4
Hear about the game's creation from Toy Story 4 pinball designer Pat Lawlor, programmer Joe Katz, and marketer Ken Cromwell. They discuss working with Disney-Pixar, new technologies, and key features of this instant-classic pinball machine.
Join Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Bo Peep into the world of Toy Story, under glass.

You Sir, are brave! Kudos!!!

#3176 1 year ago

I was 20 minutes in and felt more like snoozing than wanting to play this. Whereas the GnR release video did exactly the opposite!

That "No. I'm not going to do that." remark by Lawlor at the end when asked about what character he identifies with really lends to those rumors about how he was to work with there. Definitely feels sterile and calculated, kinda joyless.

Sadly, I wish Toy Story was themed over Oktoberfest by American. That game is loaded in comparision, but it's visual design is so troubled.

#3210 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hearing Ken Cromwell say that no corners were cut when making this game really is sickening to hear. I get he's the marketing guy but Ken, GTFO. Seriously? No corners were cut yet we have this ultra barren playfield with toy story figures glued to the PF? And you're charging 15k? Oh the TPN shilling on this game is going to be through the roof. I hope I'm wrong and there is some honest feedback b/c I don't care if this game shoots like a dream - no one can be that happy when it's TS4 and stripped even worse than wonka.
Just remember this when buying games from these guys in the future. It's one thing to try and sell a product - I get it but to take it to this level and say how this game is super innovative b/c there is a jump ramp and a big ipad which was an obvious cost cutting play, makes me really lose respect for these people. There is a better more balanced way to handle it than basically telling your customers you think we're idiots - buy buy buy at 15k.

Don't forget Pat...once again...expressing how this is cutting edge tech!

And Pat Van Winkle also welcomed us to the 21st century, 22 years after it started..!

#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

It's all about the toppers.

Now the real question is...would this release cost less or MORE if it were made of delicious cake?

Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

We filmed an initial impressions. So that should be out soon. We need some more time playing it before we actually review it though. People might not be happy with our initial impressions. After reading some of these post. I think I felt like a lot of people on here………. Until I flipped it and Joe talked me through some of the code. All I can say is I left there wanting a lot more time on that game to explore it! You get the feels of the game a little more than you think you do when you’re actually playing it. Even though it’s Toy story 4 it’s still toy story. You definitely feel that!

I think people are more incensed at the asking price Greg. For $7K, maybe this feels acceptable for home ownership. For $5 spent at a barcade, (If one will be found at this pricing.) we don't care.

Home ownership is the key here.

Sidepoint, isn't it ironic, and sad, that Pat's first PINBALL game had possibly the best "second screen" usage via Banzai Run, and possibly his last involves a shitty iPad?

#3313 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

JJP already has the largest LCD in the business that would be capable of hosting a video mode. Adding another iPad sized LCD with the wacky orientation to make it "fly" is really pathetic. Just poor taste...likely driven by having more programming resources than mechanical engineering resources. JJP graphics on the large LCD is usually pretty impressive. I want more kinetic, mechanical PINBALL and less video game.

Look at it this way, NEXT JJP game they're pushing over the P3 Empire, and making the Mirco playfield obsolete with a full screen playfield, on top of a smaller 12" one, and the LCD backglass..!!!

Maybe after that....projected mechs!

And then ideally JJP #10 is just an outright $60 fucking video game. I hope....

#3330 1 year ago

You sir are right!!!!! Let’s not forget though that we were never like you or anyone else on pinside. Because I can show you countless messages where that we were ridiculed prior to Zach being a distributor because we simply knew people in the industry and we were always accused of being biased and never hurting our friends feeling that worked in the industry. So I’m sorry to say you may be right about everything else in your message but you are completely wrong in the fact that we were ever just like you and everyone else on pinside!!! We have always been biased assholes that are clueless to being biased from the start!
Now you sir I always question your motive on here. Who’s paying you and what are you doing to always tear us down! Are you being paid by deep root? Are you being paid by multi morpic? I question this bias that you present as simple disdain for our biasness!
Side note, please show me where we were paid for any of the videos we have done for JJP or any other manufacturer. Especially prior to Zach being a distributor!

This back and forth digital slapfest is more compelling than the digital slapfest JJP showed today..!

#3369 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are they purposely including annoying effects in Pat's games? That spinner bell is really cringe worthy. It's prob the worst part of Wonka's very poor sound and they now are using it for a spinner shot? A few others - very slot machine heavy. Damn.
Game seems very straight forward to shoot. Tom's brother really does sound like his brother, def not Tom although it's better than nothing. Tim sounds like I would expect - bored but it's tim's voice so still a plus. Jump ramp doesn't or look feel nearly as epic as NGG considering it just goes right in regardless.
EDIT - is there only one magnet (in the back right) or are there more?

I kinda felt the same way. Their recent soundscapes feel overwhelming and collide/cut off into each other like an insta headache for a dollar. (I greatly miss David Thiel's more balanced approach sound design wise.)

I liked the older approach too, where things were more grid based for the GUI, and clips were slightly less blasting in your face.

This approach definitely is for kid's frenetic attention spans, but how many will play in a home or on site?

#3374 1 year ago

Damn you speaking all this sophisticated technical information!!! I did not not get a look at the boards or anything ha ha!

I'm just happiest today that you're confirming that the nasty Youtube rumor is false Greg!

AIDS free is always the best way to be..! (Also, significantly cheaper than this new pin!)

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

This is a complete 180 from where honest Jack once started out with his amazing vision. Unfortunately involving investors end up changing all of those once glorious bigger than life plans. I believe that he meant it all but that ship has sailed I'm afraid. If there is not a serious downturn in sales, this trend will continue. Good for them but not for me.

Speaking of....not even a golf swing for this or GnR from Jack of Jersey Jack Pinball.

I really wish I was around for the first half of JJP, more so than this latter half. They certainly had fledgling steps, but the effort and earnestness felt there.

#3536 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

Without question it was well done. It’s sad to read so much hate. People I’m sure worked really hard on this game and poured their hearts into it to make it special while a bunch of folks who haven’t played it bash it. This game is expensive, but being decent doesn’t cost a thing.

People work really, really hard on movie juggernauts by companies like Disney, that are also open to criticism by viewers that are significantly cheaper than this game.

People have a right to vote with their mouths and wallets, when they feel a product not worthy of their cash is jacked up for seemingly no valid reasons other than profit.

People here, many, considered adding this to their coveted collections and home spaces, taking savings and efforts in doing so.

Practicing smart consumerism makes BETTER products for all.

Personally, I tried to turn this turd burglar of a day upside down, by opening and setting up my new Steam Deck, which so far is a spectacular consumer product, can provide endless enjoyment for years and years for me at a much cheaper price, and ironically allow me to play "better" versions of video pinball than what's up on that 10" LCD via Zen Pinball, Zacarria, and Pinball Arcade. The best of Lawlor, all the while avoiding 12K overpriced stinkers!

#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whoops, I was WAY off on the Toy Story 4 playfield screen. I assumed it would be 1920x1080 IPS (for good viewing angles) at about $35-40 in quantity. It's actually a $10 in quantity 1024x600 TFT panel.
Also that cover over the left ramp hides a coil magnet-operated diverter.

Lord. Seriously? I remember banging the drum wishing we had 4K displays in the head, and here this screen is shittier quality than an OG Switch. Yeesh.

Quoted from Wallofnoise:

But I can only imagine how incredibly difficult it was to work with Disney on this. Hopefully this opens the doors to more Disney animated themed pins.

Hmm. So having stated this, you feel it's a good idea to have more Disney themes, especially after this and POTC?

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's just the playfield screen, but it is disappointing.

Other than that amazing, uh ramp, and that insane er scoop, that shitty quality screen is a major major feature.

I understand we/I have no idea how labor intensive, material cost oriented these games are, but come on JJP, these screens and figures are dirt ass cheap. The game's cost clearly is not.

If I ever buy another game, definitely leaning Stern. I wish American Pinball would shape up...

Oh, and is anyone afraid of that large screen being so low resulting in potential damage?

#3733 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Could you clarify that request?

Really not the place for this, but this thread and site are largely filled with horse farts, myself very much included, so....

First game I bought was Houdini. Could have had at the time a WoZ, Dialed-In, Hobbit, and I regret that to this day.

That said, build quality is fantastic! I do appreciate non licensed themes, but the work that David Thiel did on those games, along with the genuinely incomparable JP de Win, and Keith and Joe's coding add unique elements that go beyond build quality. Sometimes I find their coding work obtuse to master obviously, but those key differences go way beyond build quailty.

I was the sole person, think so anyway, that mentioned yesterday that I'd LOVE to have seen this game grafted onto Oktoberfest. That game had so, so many pluses, maybe in ways more than I see here, but licensing, and theme balance matter more than what AP is strong at currently.

Art design, LCD integration is genuinely amateur in comparison compared to what de Win does, and I am NOT happy saying that at all. It's really does separate AP's games from JJP and Stern in a significant way. I don't know if that's a nepotism issue, but clearly that needs handled more than your code or Josh's or build quality.

Stern has blown me away with their development in these ways, and you can see great advancements throughout their games over the years, though their font usage is entirely insufferable all too often.

Anyway, some quick thoughts there. I hope/d AP would be a disruptor, but after 4 games, the direction still feels aimless, and even an overpriced half ass mess like this, still clearly feels more relevant than what AP is offering to this point.

Again, I dearly want better from AP. We all have. The industry clearly needs better competition. I definitely know I will never buy a NIB JJP again with these pricing structures and the owner's mindsets of cost saving over Jack's original vision of innovation over anything else. That JJP is clearly dead.

Time to step it up AP. Pull the pieces together fully, and you have an open shot. Bring on the Nordman, and Oursler's last game! We're waiting...anxiously!

#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wasn't the GNR SE $8000?
$12,000 + shipping price of admission is a lot of money - too much for the majority of people.

Pretty sure that briefly lived SE, was $6750. It was stripped down a good bit, whereas the $7500 Wonka's were really, really solid/mostly intact!

#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The manual is already online to confirm for yourself
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/Toy_Story_4_Manual_1_0_May_2022.pdf
Spoiler - no magnets

Welp.....we need to focus on the good here.

The bad, (getting this out of the way) the most expensive JJP game yet.

The good, probably the LIGHTEST JJP ever!!!!!!

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ummm, that lcd under the glass looks exactly like my 4 year olds amazon fire tablet...

I saw thhis photo too, and definitely felt it looked eerily out of place, powered off and all.

As with any new game, definitely excited to try it! Owning things is an entirely different concept.

Screenshot_20220615-160139_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220615-160139_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4155 1 year ago

Left the thread for a day.

Summary: People are disappointed. Some people played, and enjoyed it to differing degrees!

Still the biggest question since launch remains. Is this worth 12K? Definitely an individual answer met in time.

A sweet new release of Turtles has come out across videogame platforms, along with a couple other great indies.

I'm definitely in for 3 games on Steam today for $60. Still out for a 12K TS4!

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I stand corrected this sounds JUST LIKE Wonka and TS4. /s

Correction of the correction. Wonka and TS4 don't sound this good...!

#4179 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s one thing to try and make valid points,but your post is just childish

Uh.......it was a joke pointed towards my bud Derek more so than the game?

#4183 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Didn’t realize that sorry

No problem friend!

I miss the soundscape from David Thiel. We all do.

The lack of a uniform sense of sound design does hurt my appreciation for Wonka, more than any other element though. Nothing blends, sounds cut in/cut off, and kind of blare over one another in a way that feels nauseatingly overstimulating. I wish I didn't feel that way. It was maybe the one aspect that kept me away from that, now very sensibly priced SE....

The balance is POTC is just so, so damn ideal, it gets in my brain at times, even more so than DI or Hobbit. It's a part of POTC which isn't praised nearly enough, I feel!

#4203 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yep it’s so much money and I just don’t see the value. Not even any custom toy sculptures, just cake toppers. IDK I feel like this is a cash grab game.

Whoah. Seriously? You seemed pretty dedicated to this purchase from your posts in the thread.

I am DEFINITELY not one to pump, or even really support JJP at this point sadly, but maybe play it first before deciding.

Or if the CE is just an awful outright value, and you feel that earnestly, RUN for the hills or even to the hills Maiden style, and get out while it doesn't cost you financially!!!

#4217 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Better question is how many people have actually played it and really don’t like it?

Well...it's only been a day and a half since release.

#4223 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think we’ll find that even tho we have are initial disappointments that the game itself is a shit ton of fun?

Oh, I definitely think most of us will enjoy some games! No doubt.

It's just many of us here are batshit enough to buy these things for some reason, so the question is never is about fun...just how much fun is it worth, for home ownership purposes.

#4248 1 year ago

Seemingly this game is sacrosanct unless you've played it first hand, but I'm scratching my head here a bit.

Saw some dude on twitter criticizing J.P. de Win's work on this game, asked him questions, and then proceeding to watch Joe's video from Tuesday, and then Jack Danger's as well.

I'm a bit taken back by some of the design choices he's made here. Definitely not his best JJP work, and I wonder if Disney demanded/instructed certain things, or this was entirely his own design, as I always find his work some of the best aspects of a JJP release.

Why is the main score floating that far up in the lower blue score box, with that big empty gaping area below it?

I don't like when Caboom jumps, and the hoop pops up and blocks Buzz. Buzz is a key element of the design interface frame, and breaking that frame with a quick pop up looks messy, and breaks structure in a way that compromises that frame.

I also don't like the weird detached focused eye frame and arm extending from Buzz in the same area. It's jarring in how detached those elements are from one another, and not enough space exists for those two comic book type frames to appear in a way that compliment one another or either establish a dynamic aesthetic or functional action effect.

I'm not sure what is going on with the ultra tiny BoPeep and Woody figures in the upper right, and how teenie tiny the numbers are below them.

Also at some point a bonus is hit, and dozens of very, very small scores echo off the top of the main score. It looks bizarre, size wise compared to the main score, and again, super tiny.

Definitely a lot of clouds floating in the middle of the screen for seconds on end, which the twitter user mentioned.

There's more I noted, but can't remember offhand.

In contrast, POTC created such a nice balanced aethestic for that game. It served as a backdrop more with maintained mode tracking information, more so than distracting entertainment. The lack of character clips help maintain focus for the player, all the while allowing game objectives to be monitored seemlessly and without jarring the player away from actual gameplay. (Kind of the ideal for a backglass usage for me!)

Add in the smaller screen, the hot rails, the playfield lcd's, and the sound effects, and man this game seems an explosion of stimulation that maybe is more targeted for a kid on a sugar rush, holding a phone, while watching a Pixar flick on a tablet. Viewing Joe's gameplay, I found it tougher than usual to distract myself from the backbox LCD, and actually be able to watch the playfield.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

#4253 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This has been a JJP thing for a while now. PotC, Wonka, GnR and now TS4 all do it. Without checking, I don't remember Dialed in doing it, but I feel like maybe Hobbit did, too? Dunno. But the last four JJP games have had this. It's not a TS4 specific thing.

Definitely correct there!

I guess here, it just adds to the jarring lack of harmony and balance presented in this GUI.

#4356 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There was plenty of GnR whining about trivial things, even after deliveries started. Let me direct your attention to the VIDEO reaction (sound familiar?) in the owner's thread, post 41:
"First reaction to video: the scoop and the spinning record. That's going to the 80% of the shot interaction by your average player. And both are kinda ehhhhh. A scoop dead center, and the spinning record toy we've seen a million times. The middle area is really where you want the big interactive toy or money shot. And it's a scoop?
So what is the big interactive mech in the game? The balls lock on the Gibson head. There's a little upper playfield. A spinner and 3 ramps. Feels like something is missing..."
Feels. Like. Something. Is Missing. Deja vu, even on what's pretty much the most acclaimed JJP pin at launch. Not saying it's impossible for me to join the "I hate TS4 party" at some point, but if I do, it will be after I've spent a lot of hands-on with it.

Generalizing what "the crowd/Pinside mob" feels doesn't really allow for individuals to have their own feel for a game.

That criticsm of GnR came after Eric's unbelievable debut, which even after it was minutely scaled back, still had an absurd amount of mechs and playful design on hand.

I still never am pulled in by GnR. Production of lcd, hotrails, etc. is fantastic, but at it's core it doesn't do fun/novel things, and I still feel the shot geometry is damning and shackling.

#4371 1 year ago

Still scratching my head over how relatively "accepted" this feels so far. It oddly feels like when JJP games were packed to the gills, they'd still get criticism, could never get a break past WoZ. Here this seems super barebones, yet people are told not to complain.

If Stern, AP, Spooky or any other manufacturer produced this, wouldn't it be even more harshly viewed than it is now?

Hot Wheels and Oktoberfest got largely shat upon, outside owners. I really am not a fan of the last Spooky offering/s, but man aren't those a bit more put together on the playfield than this? (Not saying I like the layout mind you.)

Just feels a bit topsy turvy.

So even despite the license not being ideal, is that's what's "saving" this from complete and total bashing?

#4396 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just like GNR. "I don't want to play constant multiball with a flashlight waving in my face."
These people hate everything.

Funny, watching that Katz gameplay had me hating the hotrails a bit. Just too much light flinged around in so many directions at once in this game between playfield lcd's, those and niw 2 large screens. I feel like I'm high and having a seizure just watching the damn thing!

On GnR, it definitely seemed appropriate, but not it seems a major feature, on the cheapo end of the scale. But hey, a scoooooop!!!

I watched half of this flick the other night. Seems odd that Forky is just peppered in this game. I thought he would be featured more.....

#4511 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t kid yourself, there is nothing free about their so called “D” grade entertainment. They are in for the money plain and simple. Just call Flipnout and ask them if they’re selling JJP TS4 just for the entertainment. LOL! These are super JJP biased sales informercials, designed to bring in the suckers.

NO one will convince you to buy this game or not buy this game.

IF someone is capable of doing that, that is YOUR problem, not theirs.

Salesmen are still people, and do NOT deserve persecuted for trying to sell.

I've always found Zach, when asking him questions regarding potential sales (I haven't bought from him, yet he still replies every time I do, and PROMPTLY!) courteous, frank, empathetic, and not in any way, shape or form, pushy. Yanno, kinda not a stereotypical salesman at all actually!

It's great to look at the game, call bullshit to the Abess family for keeping their wealth theirs with these absurd prices and cost cutting measures, but just leave it at the game, and the people making those decisions to neuter these expensive toys.

Zach is a nice dude, (didn't create the game or it's price) and obviously a big pinball fan, like us all..!

#4537 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Paging Led Zeppelin….

I think I popped on here around when that was released. Definitely a lot of deserved flack.

I walked up to a Pro, and it was devastatingly barren.

But........that Pro/Premium was still several grand cheaper than this.

This is the double whammy of highest JJP LE, and least equipment of any JJP. If this was WoZ loaded, even at 12K, I think people would stomach TS4.

I'd love to see the underside of this LE, against a GnR SE. That at $6750, nearly half the price, seems a bargain just 1.5 years later....

#4546 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I actually love both games but the point is it’s so easy to whine about a game before playing. I also want to try Jurassic Park because of the good reviews and word of mouth. But does it have the original cast? Did they get Jeff Goldblum for original callouts??? Oh they didn’t? Why not? Why no movie scenes from the original? Why did Stern cheap out? Could they not afford it????

I'm in the minority of loving JP due to it's lack of assets. They made it their own game. Reminds me more of some fun, packed BW era unlicensed games. And I never get tired of hearing an overpaid celeb, or not liking a sound alike.

POTC was a fantastic balance for me. Just enough movie influence, tasteful clips that are atmospheric more than obnoxious, overpaid actors, and Kevin McNally as Gibbs has such perfect line delivery, and is just a nice nod to the series. Magnificent balance!

And didn't Deadpool have the incomparable Nolan North? Dude is a powerhouse in the gaming voice over arena. Fits that theme perfectly! F' pricey stars!

#4553 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Don’t say that your comments have way to much TRUTH and HONESTLY… this will get you cancelled. What a brave man you are my friend. Your comments wave in the face of the narrative being spewed.
Everyone saying the game is terrible hasn’t played it. Everyone who initially didn’t like it played it and loved it.
What else can you say other than GO PLAY THE GAME.
People want to hate on the game because the price, but when you ask a question like well then why is Jurassic Park 20k, or the hated Munsters 18k you hear crickets. If we’re to hate a game merely because of the price then I’m guessing there isn’t a single fan of Big Bang Bar right? C’mon so you don’t like the price but go play the game and review the game based on the game itself. Simple.

Dr. Frightner?

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Still sells for under MSRP though

Correct

Frightening!

Or well, Frightning. I remember the spelling was peculiar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
10,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 35.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.