(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

4 months later
#2129 1 year ago

I watched the same excitement over Rush.. i was like.. man I can't get the hype. But its a band, and there's a bunch of old dudes reliving their teenage years, trying to reunite on Facebook with that high school sweetheart. So I was like Rush isn't for me, but JJP on the other hand has... wait for it.. Toy Story. OMFnG. And someone said "major dream theme". Cmon peeps, pull your sh together and man up.

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

We’re a bunch of middle aged dudes (mostly) with tens of thousands of dollars worth or arcade games.
None of us are really in a position to judge anyone else’s deemed themes or what they’re in to.
We’re not cool.

Speak for yourself.. I pretty sure a couple of us are cool..

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is too funny, if it weren’t so true.

Had to be said.. but good thing is we have pinside to hang out together instead of getting out and meeting that special someone..

#2148 1 year ago

I went halfsies with my youngest son for his first car.. unfortunately kinda fits my earlier narrative. ITs not actually mine I swear.. lol

20211217_171450 (resized).jpg20211217_171450 (resized).jpg
#2176 1 year ago

OMG.. please take my $12k for a Woody.. The whining has already started about not getting to buy your $15k CE. IT'S TOY STORY PEOPLE!

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have an Ultraman, and used to own a Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles.

Sure do.. and did. Can you seriously compare Toy Story to either? JJP fanboy? Dumped DI due to theme? Interesting. Arguably the best JJP with the fewest playfield issues.

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I guess all the JJP playfield issues are forgotten...

Hype train.. TS - greatest pinball game EVER. Dont get me wrong.. new games are cool and boost the excitement in the pinball community, but its SO over the top..

#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously? There is no comparison. You are right about that one
I never owned DI due to theme.
I’m a good pin fanboy as you can see.

GZ and STh.. I have em. I'll give you props on those, the rest are all you. I guess my DP isn't good enough for you either.. Maybe Lawlor should have saved the DI layout for your TS.

#2197 1 year ago

The playfield issue denial and short term memory... just in time for a new release. Pinball has been long considered gambling, makes sense now actually.

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Relax dude, it’ll be ok.

Its all good. Your money... not mine.

#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Already did and reported back long ago.
Also changed out the washers for future protection. . No issues

Curious why you need washers to protect a playfield? Kinda seems a little counterintuitive for $11-15k.

#2210 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put the crack pipe down “smokinhos” and go to bed. It’s the night before the big JJP release. You need your rest for tomorrow

Really.. crack pipe? Nice insult. People aren't allowed to disagree with you much i bet.

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Smokin” is his name.

Alright.. you win. But to the disappointment of the masses.. smokinHOs has nothing to due with smoking anything. And despite busting balls about yet another interesting choice of theme, I do hope its more than art and lights and is a fun shooter. I am somewhat shocked on how excited peeps are about TS. But not much should surprise anyone on the pinball hobby anymore.

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That we can agree on! Like I said, I’m looking forward to a new Lawlor game, maybe his last.

Coming full circle. I hope you know I'm just messing with you. You have a great group of games. I always appreciate these reveals. Hard not to respect the work that goes into them. Good luck snagging one. Should be interesting tomorrow.

#3610 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

No excuses. They are professionals, and should understand that when you are charging 12k for a pin, pinball buyers expect more, not less than last time.
It’s a business, we are the customers, they need to listen to these criticisms and make better on the next go round.

Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed the original movies with my boys, but I don't know sh about TS4. So I wasn't interested really. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the 30 minute video with Pat. The problem for me is, I just bought DP premium AND have GZ premium on the way. Both UNDER 10k shipped to my door. The $12-13k price point is absolutely brutal. Match Stern's current pricing or at least get close and.. well.. it could be a cool addition to a collection.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Other new pinball machines are just way too cheap, if it’s possible to flip them for profit.
If people pay $12k for a GZ Premium because Stern can’t build them fast enough (!), then it’s simply dumb for JJP (or Stern) to sell them for less and you get a mediocre (but solid) TS4 for $12k.
If these barren JJP TS4 somehow sell for $17k (LE) and $20k+ (CE) on pinside, the next mediocre JJP pinball machine will start at $17k. That’s where the market apparently is.

Actually.. as Stern catches up on production, their sub $10k pins will outsell $13k TS4 for a while. Bad timing for JJP especially if Bond is good and pricepoint stays put at Stern.

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

So, can I buy one MSRP then?
If not, it’s sold out.
That it’s available for scalper prices doesn’t count because if it would, then JJP POTC isn’t sold out either.

Allotted vs sold out.. very distinct difference. Unavailable for sale from JJP. Check distributors.

#3856 1 year ago

So.. let's say you're not an early adopter. Im not, the theme IS a letdown (TS4 vs TS 1-3), but the game still looks fun. Where will the resale for the LE end up? Msrp? 12k? Less? Is this the pinball community saying too much? There was no way JJP could have sold this for $11k to match Wonka or GnR, or should they have?

#4471 1 year ago

Without question, this pin IS the most polarizing pin realease I can remember in a while. That simple fact is difficult to ignore. I can't imagine everyone who hates it already will truly hate it, and I'm sure the some early adopters will not be as totally on board as they are now. But with SO much divide, this is clearly not the release JJP was hoping for. Whether or not the pin is good, bad, or whatever will be decided in 6 months not the first 6 days..

#4693 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Well, here’s someone who’s played and gone thru the Wizard mode…and it’s not too fun or enjoyable…

Seemed a little underwhelming.. neat light show I guess.

2 weeks later
#5455 1 year ago

I'll agree it's a pretty cool game. Your iOS device is still not functioning as designed - to us morons " the iPad isn't working" still on the one we played. Issue is it will only last in larger collections or beginner/family homes. We didn't bother playing it again this weekend, and instead opted for Alien, Rush, JP pro, and R&M. Even played some Aerosmith pro since it was new in rotation. There's a gentleman that posted he's very happy and that's great, but noticed out of 11 pinball games he currently owns, I think he has every JJP. Not sure what that says, but perhaps a big fan of JJP. Rest assured, these, like GnR will be readily available for a long time. They just seriously missed the price point.. I dont have room for a pretty cool game at 12-15k.. I need awesome.

#5491 1 year ago

Just wanted to say congrats to pinside for trying to force-feed me TS4 with at least 12 different threads now, NOT including for sale threads. Last I checked its still a flop.. can't will this one into the top 10.

#5492 1 year ago

All you have to do is adjust the sling settings so that the power is a few notches off from left to right…never had an issue on location and I’ve played/watched dozens of games…

Or fix them so they actually work?

#5498 1 year ago

Wonka isn’t in the top 10 but many would prefer it to most games in the top 10 so take the rankings with several grains of salt…

I'm not going to argue that people like Wonka, but we didn't see it as a top 10. With Wonka at #22 currently, there's 21 games to choose 10 over Wonka. Personally I can pick 10 of those over Wonka pretty easily. Not taking anything away from that pin, but never going to crack the top 10. As I said before the ratings settle in over time. Top 25 is still strong. TS4 is #108 right now? Its trending toward being the worst of all JJP games according to Pinside.

#5500 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Wonka is my top 1, with GZ a close 2nd. People on this thread affect the Pinside ratings which sort of tells you all you need to know about #1.. ours is STh premium, but it's #17.

Wonka is my top 1, with GZ a close 2nd. People on this thread affect the Pinside ratings which sort of tells you all you need to know about objectivity.

Everyone has different opinions and #1 to them. Ours is STh premium and it's #17. The ratings are a group think. You are entitled to rate any game as high or low as you want. You get a vote like everyone else. Wonka is #22, GZ is #1, TS4 is #108. Even if you don't agree with the ratings structure it's still a comparison of all the pins by this community that is rating them.

#5617 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You overestimate casual's skill set and understanding of pinball goals, especially on location. A lot of the ones I've seen when I helped with a route don't know where the flipper buttons are or how to start a game, so a screen telling them what to shoot for is welcome.
JJP is attempting to make games for everyone, not just pinball nerds.

I struggle to understand the concept of "attempting to make games for everyone" with a $12k pinball game that is obviously not going to end up in a casual players home and the ROI is longer compared to so many popular, much cheaper sterns that hold up better in routed environments.

#5619 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Clearly marketed towards location based play and sales to businesses that can offset/recoup/expense/deprecate the cost of ownership. JJP knows they can squeeze these places for extra cash when they dangle a shiny new toy with an approachable theme in front of them. Seems like they’re leaving the home pin/collector price territory and shooting for a business first strategy.

Well hopefully Stern and others don't follow JJPs pricing strategy. Not that pins are cheap, but with prices into the 5 digits i wonder how much more home buyers will tolerate.

#5631 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Don’t see how people say this pin is so easy, I own one and I struggle to get past 2 mil and I think I’m a pretty good player. I do have the pin set up tuff.
Flippers setting are raised
Slings settings are raised
No rubbers in the outlanes.
I had friends over who are pretty high rank and they agreed it’s not easy as people say.

My wife put up 3.5m the first time she played it. She's ranked somewhere around 7 million globally..

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Guess she is natural and better than most people at pinball.

Shes definitely natural.. and not a great pinball player.. hence the "sarcasm" about being ranked 7 million globally. This isn't fun when i have to explain it. Anyway.. back to TS4 is outstanding!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=smokinhos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.