(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reffob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3650 1 year ago

I'm pretty new here but I've been collecting pinball machines off and on for a long time. Other than the prices and people buying just to flip for profit I LOVE where pinball is at right now and how many companies are making tables. FREAKING LOVE IT. I was so hyped for Toy Story but thought I would throw in my two cents why I'm holding off.

I'm a big theme/story guy, the original Toy Story has so much heart and soul, and like others have said I'm sure there are licensing reasons why this had to be a Toy Story 4 pin, but I've watched all of the videos and to me this feels like a carnival theme with some Toy Story characters thrown in. Imagine if they did a world under glass approach using Andy's bedroom to connect it more to the story of Andy and his toys. I'm sure the carnival thing will be fun, and I know it's part of the 4th movie, but it seems like a waste of the overall theme.

That 10" screen, for me, just takes up too much of the playfield. We already have the giant 27" screen did we really need a 10" screen eating up playfield real estate? That upper left area could have had some really cool interactive toy or challenging shot/mech/etc.

Price....nothing to say that hasn't already been said. $12k starting point seems a little crazy to me, but the market dictates what these companies can charge. I got my Godzilla Premium for $9k and I can't imagine I would get $3k more enjoyment from a TS4 LE.

That's basically it, obviously just my opinions. And of course I will still play this table when I see one, and I hope it proves me totally wrong and I buy one immediately because I love it so much.

#4573 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I disagree, I strongly feel its all three. The game is Toy story 4. A movie about toys coming to life. Lack of toys is absolutely one of the complaints. This is the one obvious game that should’ve had some interesting toys/mechs.
I also don’t think it’s because of Disney. There has been several Disney games that had some awesome mechs, for example both pirates games from Stern and JJP just to name a couple. Where are the custom interactive mechs for the last 2 JJP releases?
Apparently Stern is the top company that works hard in the engineering department to create some cool mechs for their games. Loved Godzilla mechs, loved JP mechs.
I guess this is the new direction JJP will be going. What a shame

I think if there was some kick ass interactive toy in the upper left instead of the giant iPad this game would be getting less hate. Yeah I'm sure it's a fun table, I mean it's Pat Lawlor there are likely tons of awesome things going on. But for me personally the iPad is a gargantuan miss. When I think of Toy Story I think of Toys not iPads. Mike Teavee's TV in Wonka made sense, I have yet to hear a good reason why the 10" tablet is a good thing, even from those who have played it.

And no I'm not a virtual pinball hater. I play my virtual pin as much as I play my physical tables. Just seems like such a waste of playfield in a game based on a movie about TOYS.

#4868 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Update on TS4 streaming: Karl worked on TS4 what seemed like forever and said it was the upper flipper was binding some…then after putting it together again, said its still weak as hades. Now he’s taking it apart again! Ha!! He said only 40 games on, shouldn’t mean flippers are totally weak… In frustration he puts the table back together a 2nd time and says, that’s about all I can do tonight.
Wow, TS4 is a bigger joke that we all thought….
Now Karl is trying again in vain to play on, but says it just won’t hold up. Maybe TS4 will hold value around a used pro at $5500 or even a Home Edition at $3999 (maybe that’s too low thought)? Just wondering?

Yeah I'm watching the stream too, watching that flipper not even get the ball up the ramp was painful.

#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Update.
As I’m watching, no the flippers aren’t weak.
Had to dial the power down the left flipper.
Upper flipper binding and working good now.
Right flipper also working fine now after adjustment again.
Most depressing part? Karl is too good.

was good for a few minutes, not any more

#4871 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Update.
As I’m watching, no the flippers aren’t weak.
Had to dial the power down the left flipper.
Upper flipper binding and working good now.
Right flipper also working fine now after adjustment again.
Most depressing part? Karl is too good.

"I'm gonna have to tear apart that flipper mech completely...."
Karl at 10:22pm PST

"This feels like playing a broken routed game...."
Karl at 10:25pm PST

"We're done, can't play it anymore...."
Karl at 10:28pm PST

Damn this is painful to watch. I hope he can sort it out.

#5015 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl has fixed his coil-sleeve-less right flipper and wired up all three flippers for real-time temps and will be streaming Toy Story 4 tonight starting at 7pm. He said there's one multiball he missed because he was unfamiliar with the rules, so he'll be going for that tonight as well as completely finishing the game (both Woody and Buzz playthroughs of Meet Me at the Carousel).
It'll be on his iepinball twitch channel, 7pm PDT, a little less than an hour from now:
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

That's awesome thanks for the update! Look forward to the stream

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I would be shocked if he is losing on that deal. I'll bet he is asking for $1,000 on top of what he is in for.

You are 100% correct. I texted with him, nice guy but yes the $1000 is on top of the $15k, so you would be paying $16k for the CE.

#5262 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Does this mean he's loosing $1000? Wasn't the deposit through JJP for a CE $2k?

I texted with him to clarify exactly this. The $1000 is on top of the price of the pin. So the total would be $16k for this TS4 CE

3 weeks later
#5808 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I swear I saw an interview with Joe Katz or it was in one of the promo videos... that he said the flipper lag was intentional to immitate the lag that is on many of the virtual pin games. More of a joke on them.
Brian

I hope that's not true, Joe cannot be that clueless or shameless. I've played a ton of virtual pinball and it's not even in the same universe of lag as Tiki pinball. I'm one of the crazy people who really like TS4 but there is no excuse for that lag. And if Joe really did say that then hey Joe can you please delete the part of the code that adds the crappy lag? Thanks

#5826 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It has to just be a (terrible) cover story for bad programming that resulted in the lag. The physics are pretty awful, too.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah hope that's not the case either. Many high end virtual pins now offer 120hz displays that along with the powerful enough PC hardware pretty much eliminate any sense of lag or loss of frames per second. Tiki Party pinball not only has bad flipper lag but the motion of the gameplay itself comes across as running below 30fps.

Totally agree. I own a virtual table that I run off my gaming PC, the experience is amazing. This is the main reason I was so shocked how bad tiki pinball is. You can get 100x better virtual pinball experience on an iphone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Led
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 35.00
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reffob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=reffob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.