(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I’d never call someone who bought from JJP or any other manufacturer a “moron”. I have a JJP POTC, love it and have no intention of selling it. My beef is with JJP for the reasons we’re all familiar with. I feel profoundly let down by JJP, and I’m angry about that. That’s why I’m boycotting them. But if someone else has had a good experience with them and enjoys their game I’m legitimately happy for them. This is a great hobby that’s meant to be fun. So I would never begrudge someone else’s enjoyment. Calling someone a moron (or any other insult) for buying a JJP game is wrong. Those of us who are angry at JJP should direct our anger and our insults AT JJP, nowhere else.

Spot on....I own all their LE's and won't purchase anymore NIB games until they start supporting customers. Although my GNR play field is perfect its total BS that their charging customers for a replacement play field when they knew going into it Mirco play fields are problematic.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Then why are you interested in this JJP tread?

Take it with a grain of salt....his second favorite game is "Disco"....enough said

2 months later
#210 2 years ago

My guess is NIB LE's will be $11.5K and CE's $15K

1 week later
#215 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I say this every time I fill my oil tank.

No way is MSRP going to go to 15k. It will be slightly higher than an GnR CE MSRP if anything.

For the record I wasn't advocating for the price increase ..... they bumped LE's 10+% so my guess is they will bump CE's even more

4 weeks later
#292 2 years ago

As a buyer of all the JJP LE's and the last two CE's I'd proceed with caution as JJP has changed their ways. For example I had some pooling on my POTC LE, Wonka LE, and Wonka CE. JJP replaced those play fields free of cost (not an ideal solution, but it was something). In my case the pooling wasn't bad so I could repair, and if I ever decided down the road I could always do a play field swap. That being said on GNR JJP has basically ignored all customers with this issue, and their new policy is to NOT provide a new play field, but rather give the buyer an option to buy one sometime in the future. For that I will never buy another NIB JJP game. I'll just wait a year a pick up one I can inspect prior to purchasing.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Can you point to pictures of this? Just curious how you know this is the case. In my mind the jury is still out on this. I was at the factory and had an extensive conversation about this. Personally I am happy with how they have addressed the situation. I know it isn't ideal, but I really think that the latest builds have not had the same issue. Again, need examples to be swayed.

As I see it the problem JJP has is they've decided not to warranty the play fields any longer thus pushing all the risk to the customer on a $11k + NIB machine. Thus telling the customer we have no faith in our play fields so buyer beware....harsh, but true

1 month later
#509 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Other than the few CEs that JJP offers on their website upon release, most all distributor CEs have been sold out for probably a year.

You're probably correct; however it will be interesting if they sell out at the new MSRP? My guess is they will be in the $15K range.

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

My guess is all the available CE’s are already spoken for. My wife said if TS is announced, there will be one coming home. I spoke to the distributor that I’d be buying it from last fall. He told me he had over 30 people wanting CE’s and said he’d be lucky if JJP gives him a dozen. Based on that conversation, I’ll bet they’re already spoken for. Remember, most distributors have a long list of clientele that have been with them for years and also buy every LE or CE that Stern or JJP release. I also believe that clientele doesn’t care if the machine is $12000 or $15000. They have disposable income. My .02

Not disagreeing with u as I've owned multiple JJP CE's. At some point there is a ceiling although not sure where that is? I can guarantee you one thing that it won't be $12.5K, and keep in mind GNR was the ONLY JJP CE that sold out, and was in high demand....all the other sat on the market for quite a while before inventory was sold (DI, POTC, and WW)....so not sure if it was the title, price, or simple market demand that happened with GNR CE's.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, but here's a guess lol.
Launch
500 Buzz CE's
500 Woody CE's
10,000 LE's
2 years later
2500 Buzz Ultimate Limited Editions
2500 Woody Wild West Limited Editions
Unlimited Toy Story 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (but with one of the main toys removed)

Pretty much their business model I wouldn't be surprised if they increase CE's to 1000+ as its clearly their most profitable model or they reduce that amount and charge $20K

#534 1 year ago

zero.....TOTAL GUESS

1 week later
#573 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickson:

How much would an LE cost??

$11K +

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

It will definitely be more than 11k. 11500 at least

I wouldn't be surprised..... My guess is the CE will be over $15K

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Does anyone know if they finally fixed their playfields and are actually going to support their games now JJP that is and not let their customers down if they have issues with their games

Bottom line is u roll the dice buying NIB JJP games. JJP has basically told all customers to pound salt if u they have play field issues. Its gotten so bad that they are actually charging customers for replacement play fields....welcome to the NEW JJP

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow! I might have to wait it out a bit on TS

Unless you're all in on a CE there's zero reason to jump on the game day 1. Even if u did u might be waiting 6+ months so theres no real upside. JJP will be building these games for over a year....benefits of waiting far out weigh putting up $1K and waiting 6 months for a game with a play field that might fall apart

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I am expecting 13K and $17K

I wouldn't be surprised....

#721 1 year ago

I predict the following:

1. CE differentiates itself with a major mech (like GNR LE to CE), but in a much bigger way. JJP's goal is to drive CE sales
2. JJP will increase CE's to 1250+ units.
3. Prices will increase to $12K+ for the LE and $15K+ for the CE
4. It will shoot great, and have the typical JJP great theme integration, graphics, software, etc...
5. The CE will have a very cool topper, and the LE topper will be crap
6. JJP will stay silent on play fields, and the warranty (or lack there of) will not change
7. CE's will sell out sight unseen

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I think the boldest prediction is the CE number of units. I could see it though.

I think the new JJP is all about profit, and the CE is by far their most profitable unit + I heard they're going away from the SE so why not increase the number of units and take the cash in this crazy market.

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Just out of curiosity, what pinball manufacturer do you think is not all about profit?

They all should be

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You guys crack me up with all this talk and speculation about prices and number of units made. Obviously, nobody knows for sure at this point! No wonder prices keep climbing! Chill!!!!!

Totally true...were all full of it

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Exactly my thoughts! Sorry to say but, I just don’t see the point in all these stupid “Speculation” threads. What’s the purpose? All they do is fuel JJP’s fire to hike prices!
Every new machine is the same fking story. NIB machines plagued with playfield issues. Then there’s a bunch of people crying over bad playfields and horrible customer service afterwards.
Then, a year later, they are all ready for the next one…..
I have owned JJP machines before so I know first hand what it is to deal with all the issues coming right out of the box. Which I think is BS given all the money these machines cost.
Keep up your pointless speculating and helping drive prices up! Peace!

Trust me JJP doesn't need any motivation from Pinsiders to justify raising prices. I think they raised the price twice during the GNR run.

1 week later
#917 1 year ago

I heard from my distributor that JJP stopped making GNR's so my guess something else is on the line

2 weeks later
#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

The way I see it, and based on past experiences, LE’s will most likely turn out to be a much better value. What did Pirates CE owners got for theirs? A different (and uglier) colored playfield with same playfield issues as LE’s and SE’s, a CE placard, and a noisy topper?
Unless the CE offers a different playing experience by adding more goodies and toys, I just don’t see the justification. We will see….

In the long run you're correct as the LE and CE basically plays the same. It will be interesting to see if JJP adds mechs to the TSCE like they did with GNR. My guess is they will do go in the same direction and add an additional mech/toy along with adding the standard rad cals, armor, blades, and topper.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok, from my distro who I won’t name, but it’s a major one. I made the list for a ce. I got on many months ago.
CEs and LEs on the two lines simultaneously right now. 4 weeks to be in stock. CE at $15000. I think that’s all the info I got.

So your distributor confirmed the $15K ? I guessed that months ago, but was hoping I was wrong. Did he indicated how many CE's were gonna be made?

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

And just like that everyone forgets JJP had playfields falling apart on their last two releases CE included.
[quoted image]

My last two CE's were perfect! Now my POTC LE and Wonka LE both had minor pooling. JJP provided replacement play fields for both games (on their dime), which as we both know won't happen anymore

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know people who couldn’t get replacement playfields and those that did had to fight really hard for them, which still isn’t a great resolution if it goes to someone who isn’t able to do a playfield swap, some people in this hobby physically can’t due to health issues.
But my original comment wasn’t to cause a big song and dance Vitty felt the need to try and make a big deal out of it but it’s always good to bring up the point for those unaware of past issues. No doubt there will be the same people moaning about problems if there are any, rinse and repeat is the Pinside way haha.

Totally agree that it was a lousy resolution to a problem they are responsible for.... I for one would never do a play field swap

#1267 1 year ago

I give JJP credit for trying to eliminate the CE drama that occurred during the GNR release. I still stand my prediction months ago that the LE's will be $12.5K, and the CE's will be $15K (1000 units)

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Joe!!
Quick question!
Will Any of these shirts give me a little more luck getting a CE?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My guess is your a lock Cool shirts by the way....did u get those with each purchase?

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Aaaaand, this is why they will sell out

My guess is your correct, but if JJP pushes the envelop on NIB pricing ($15k+) I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Keep in mind GNR is the ONLY CE that actually sold out day 1. DICE, WWCE, POTCE sat for months and months before distributors finally unloaded them. Who knows maybe JJP will include an extra play field with every purchase

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You may be right, but those other games were before people started paying 2x-3x the price for the version with different cabinet art and trim color. These are strange times we live in now.

No doubt !

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are you getting a CE?

Depends on many factors....game play, assets, price, warranty (maybe they change ).... I was very happy with my other CE's (WW, GNR)....if not than I'll be very happy waiting a year and picking up a nice LE or CE

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Either do i

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t take notes of others with too much time on their hands - just stating my view. If that’s what many think, then they’re right as well IMO. Just like those that think this will be ultra loaded for some reason are drinking the jjp kook aid. I hope I’m wrong though on that as I would love jjp 1.0 to show back up

Your JJP observations are 100% accurate. Both Wonka LE and GNR had very little mechs, and were definitely not loaded by any stretch. They did a nice job on both games, but they were a far cry from their games in the past.

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Agree. Extremely polished...loaded, not so much. The fun factor is still there though.
I'm hoping TS has at least as many mechs as TZ, but that may be hard to do on a standard body game.

Recent history isn't on our side, but I totally agree it would be nice to get something creative....

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:My distro contacted me asking if I still wanted a CE.
Between not seeing the game, not knowing if it's based on the entire franchise or just TS4 and the Mirco mess, I passed.
If the game looks fun and the playfield issues are resolved, I'll jump in later on an LE. For me, it's best just to wait.

smart man! one thing we know is they will build thousands of these games and after a year there will dozens on the market, and if JJP increases the LE prices you'll probably save some coin as well.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

All reasons why, despite wanting TS for years, I’m out at release. If JJP shows that things are different, I’ll look at getting one next year. But there are too many with short memories or FOMO that will gladly take the slots of those voting with their wallets that it won’t make a difference or offer any incentive for JJP to change.

If u like the game just wait a year, and pick up a nice HUO one that u can inspect. My guess is JJP will increase the LE even more, which isn't sustainable so my guess is you'll see them at a heavy discount on the secondary market.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's ridiculous. If I lived there, I'd make the short jaunt up to Fort Bragg 20 minutes away and fill up for $5.99.

Gas has always been high in California due to all the excess taxes. That being said I have never seen anything approaching $9/gallon. The highest I've seen in the Bay Area is $6.80....I filled up yesterday for $6 /gallon

#1554 1 year ago

To each their own, but I wouldn't drive an EV if u gave it to me.....I'm big on gas guzzlers (I have a Landcruiser)....although seems like every other house has a Tesla around here.

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Rivians are pretty impressive, like an EV Landcruiser, only way faster and better driving dynamics. Electric F150 Lightning is looking great too.

When u need to pull a boat / trailer, and take it into the wilderness it's kinda hard to rely on an EV although the F150 lightning is a pretty impressive truck.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Sold out from distributors but not the online sale direct from JJP.

One positive thing is JJP learned from the GNRCE shit show. I wonder how many games JJP held back and are selling direct? Hopefully its quite a few so people have a real chance of picking one up day 1.

#1590 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

If they only do 250 or even 500 CE’s, I think they are leaving a ton of money on the table.

Clearly JJP is better off selling direct although they need to keep their network happy. If they held back that many its a good sign for people who really want the CE

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

That was my thought on the number of CEs JJP will sell direct and not the total number of CEs sold.

They built 500 GNR CE's and they sold out day 1.....my guess is they will double the number in order to maximize profits.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think the number of CEs is a delicate subject. If they make too many CEs, they may not sell as quickly as they think. I guess what I’m saying is a lot of people are willing to drop $15,000 on something that is truly limited, such as 500 units. However, if they make 1,000 units or more, they aren’t as limited which may impact sales. It’s a psychological game with the buyers.

I agree its a delicate balancing act, but my guess is they will increase the number. Makes perfect business sense as the BOM and cost to assemble is virtually identical (except maybe the game blades, radcals, topper ) yet is sells for thousand more. Do u really think past CE buyers will care if they build 1000 units versus 500.....nope they'll buy it anyways. Why leave millions of profit on the table?

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I’m in at 12.5, 15 gives me pause. So no, I am not buying it at any price. 12.5 is nuts for any pinball machine

I wonder if they will increase LE's to over $11K? which is a stupid number in my book especially since they were $9.5K a year ago

#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Considering a CGC SE is $8,000 - $12,000 seems steep. I’ll buy a Toy Story SE if it is as good as predicted. It must be loaded and have great shots for me to buy at that price point.
I hope it is great and Pat goes out on the highest note possible!
Richard

I heard JJP scratched the SE's .... is this Lawlers last game?

#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WoZ Yellow Brick Road LEs were $11,500, and that was with a reduced BoM 3 years ago.

yea that was a very small run of WOZ....I'm talking about mass produced LE's

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

We’ll see. JJP sold about 4k LE’s in a few days when GNR was shown. Sure TS is $2k more but since, GNR prices rose to $11.5k. I think they could sell more this time as Toy Story is a much better theme with broad appeal to all ages.

Really? How do u know this? My guess is they maybe they sold 4K total ?

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

[quoted image]

well we know they didn't powder coat the coin door

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Maybe they save that for the CE

My guess is thats the CE as I don't think JJP has ever built a game with a custom shooter rod

#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka CE had the gobstopper.

Your right...I forgot about that

#2569 1 year ago

My guess is its a really fun pin to shoot, animations will be great (best in pinball), and launch code will be great (as always).....just not sure its JJP pricing great?

#2608 1 year ago

Without reading a 1000 posts have they confirmed pricing and the number of CE's?

#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes. 1,000.[quoted image]

Great thanks....now all we need is pricing....it might sell out if they keep the pricing at $12.5....$15K seems like a massive stretch for this pin....the GNR CE package was far more impressive IMHO

#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bro, of course gameplay matters - but when you want $15k, you give the customer what they want. You could make the greatest playing game ever made, but if the license was “Gigli”, people don’t wanna drop that kind of cash. You’d be getting the same reaction if it was Frozen 2, Aladdin live action, Monsters U., etc. When it comes to franchises - not every sequel/remake is beloved. You’re underestimating how much people love TS1-3 & don’t really care about 4.

At this point the question is all about pricing....if JJP goes back to their $9.5K LE pricing, and the $12.5K CE pricing then it will sell well. If they get aggressive with LE and CE pricing who knows what will happen? I just dont see at $15K CE or for that matter an $11K LE...the first thing I noticed was the LE and CE has the same color scheme as Wonka....I guess the designer really likes Blue and Red as DI LE was blue as well

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

That's definitely a concern to me. I would buy a protector immediately...

I never understood why JJP doesn't work with Cliffy, and install these at the factory. His protectors are by far the best. Rumor has it Lawlor doesnt like Cliff so he tried his own version of a protector on DI and it sucked. Most had to remove and replace with a Cliffy

#2868 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Official JJP Employee insults potential customers who have valid critiques of a $15k product. Cool. Keep it up, Official JJP Employee. Solid PR strategy.

I'm impressed he's even commenting at all....from his prospective he's defending his company, which is understandable.

Quoted from Yesh23:

Have we got any confirmation on the pricing yet?

Yep $12K and $15K ..... if this was a WOZ type build I might reconsider, but the new JJP stripped down model no thanks at that pricing. I'll just wait and pick one up on the secondary market. LE's in a year will be $10K or less

#2873 1 year ago

Interesting choice having a kid play the game. I guess they're trying to market to parents that will buy the game for the kids?

#2907 1 year ago

My guess is the game will be really fun to play, and the the code, and music integration is well done. The JJP pricing structure is the problem...$12K and $15K is a joke even for JJP

#2915 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Lots of complainers. Like every new release.
I think its looks a like a fun shooter, and the launch ramp looks killer. Reminds me of Gophers.
This will sell out (CE's) quickly and be $30k by Xmas.

Dreams are free....The GNR CE package was far more impressive ... hard to believe JJP didn't put custom side rails on the CE

#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Will there be a LE topper to buy separately.

My guess is yes....thats what they did for WW and GNR, and they were both relatively cheap (Less than $300)

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

The topper was different for GNR, no extra speaker.

You can't buy the CE toppers, but JJP provided an LE topper for WW and GNR

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U will b able to get a ce if u want one.. with the disappointment and 1000 being made at 15k . Wait to this mess settles and I'm betting there will be many for sale if u really want it.

Totally....you'll also see your typical flippers trying to sell their spot, and dozens that will try to flip for $20K. The TS CE package was very underwhelming, and wasn't entirely happy that the powder coating is exactly the same as my WW

#3032 1 year ago

CE's won't be $10K, but I bet LE's will

#3082 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So, they shouldn't price the CEs at $19.5k then?
CEs will be $13 - $15k secondary market for a LONG LONG time. But I'm sure we'll see someone try to flip one soon for $17k. Fun times.

My guess is you'll see CE spots on the market place soon! GNR LE at release was $9.5K (ended at $11K)....I think JJP has priced themselves out of the market

#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Heard 500 le' s were produced allready

Nice...that means I'll start seeing LE's for sale here locally (at a discount)

#3786 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I believe I got what I wanted from this release which is smooth shots and deep code. Like Wonka.

My guess is your spot on....just don't drink too much, and put your WW CE right next to your TS CE. You might get confused on which one to turn on as they both look the same

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not gonna happen. One game is about collecting tickets with lots of magical bell noises and the other is...oh wait.

Maybe its me, but as I watched game play they seemed oddly similar....sounds, graphics, etc....but what do I know ... I wish JJP changed their spinner sound to what Stern used on JP...its the best in pinball

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

No Magnets!! I think Wonka CE is going to go up, not this one. Probably should have bet on that.

Maybe? I think JJP replaced the magnets with that spinner, which is pretty cool. Probably a similar design to what JJP wanted to use on POTC, but decided against it.

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Because Stern likes to stay in business. This pricing level is a pretty risky move for JJP.

I think its a case of short term gain, but long term pain....its just not sustainable long term....I truly believe that JJP is pricing themselves out of the market especially when the supply chain catches up and Stern starts pumping out games like they did pre covid.

#3925 1 year ago
Quoted from JayH:

Gotta disagree with you on that. I own several Sterns and several JJP's. JJP's are clearly better built in my opinion. And true, JJP does better Marketing than Stern as well!

Really? I honestly don't see a difference in quality between the two products. The old JJP used to pack games and have incredible code....those days are long gone brother (although their release code is far more advanced than Stern, but they only build 1 game a year)....the new JJP is all about efficient BOM's, reduced warranties and support, and turning a profit....the profit on TS4 CE must have set a record

#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I couldn't disagree more. One of the worst parts of Sterns IMHO is the flippers. Way to slappy and clunky. I *adore* the flipper feel on the Williams WPC/WPC95 titles. Both American Pinball and JJP do a fine job of providing hardware and drivers that replicate that feel. One of the things I like most on the JJP games, in addition to the stellar build quality. This may be a generational thing. Those that grew up on Sterns in the last 20 years likely consider that the standard for flipper feel. My pinball heyday was the late 70s to 90s. WPC games were the best.

I've owned every JJP game, about 15 Sterns, and several Bally/Williams games along with all the remakes. I do agree that the JJP game flippers are roughly the same feel as old BW games. Stern flippers are very different, but I don't consider that a good or bad thing...just different. I used to think JJP's build quality and warranty was great, but those days are long gone. The new JJP build is more like Stern, and their warranty is far worse.

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn Marco playfields and to heck with you Kenny!

So did u roll the dice on a CE or LE?

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Come on dude. I’ve owned many WPC games and have played or owned all the current manufacturer’s games. I started collecting in the late 90s with mostly WPC. Stern flippers are the gold standard today. JJP and Spooky in particular, aren’t even close. It is the biggest issue with non-Sterns today.
All IMHO but I think this is a common opinion from pinball folks I know.

I dont think BW or JJP flippers are bad....just very different than Stern flippers. I do however feel a difference between TSPP, and my TWD and JP

#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

"I don't like the sound package" is a valid subjective opinion.
"It sounds like a slot machine" is parroting Pinside BS talking points.

In his defense it kinda does....I wish JJP would use the spinner sounds they used on JP

#4074 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Poor Steve Ritchie, leaves Stern for JJP to have a bigger BOM and then this happens. So clear that JJP doesn't have the team that Stern has. Stern is pulling it all together and JJP seems to be losing it's way.

I couldn't agree more.

Quoted from romulusx:

Do you work at Stern or over invested in their company or do you just love taking a side and hope the other team goes out of business?

So did u purchase TS4?

#4087 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hell no I can’t afford this game at this price!If it had been the game we all expected I would’ve possibly sold on of my gold titles to afford it.

I can totally see that...this was my first JJP pass....on a positive note it appears to shoot smooth, and the powder coated wire forms are nice on the LE. Other than that its just waaaaaaay over priced for what u get. I'm convinced that JJP new business model is reduced BOMS, reduced unit sales, more profit per game, build units for no more than 6 months, and move onto the next title. By reducing the number of units they might be able to keep the units in the field from plummeting value wise?

#4234 1 year ago

On a more important note .....How about them Warriors

#4238 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Any game is a shit load of fun! Hell, my old Cue Ball Wizard was a lot of fun too! The truth of the matter is that Toy Story 4 lacks a lot of stuff people were hoping for, especially for a 12-15K pinball machine.
Compared to Pirates and WOZ, this machine looks bare and lacks mechs (not to mention they based it of the worst movie in the franchise) for that price tag.
I guess we are all used to the good old loaded JJP games. Seems JJP is now going in the opposite direction, which is sad.

Very true....expect the price tag keeps going up....most were happy to pay up for JJP games, because they were on a different level...that party is over

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

So if I get a faulty television I should blame the parts vendor of the defective part, and not LG? lol It's still their product and they are responsible. I have had horrible CS from JJP in the past. However, I will say I sent and received an email same day this week about my POTC not starting up. Problem resolved. So let's hope this is getting turned around with them.

JJP is 100% responsible for every part that goes into their machines.

#4308 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Casuals vs pin-heads. Very different things appeal to people and some hobbyists just can't get their head out of their butt enough to know the world includes more types than just them.
Some of our best earners are games hobbyists turn their nose up at... even some games I hate to death.. but they have the curb appeal to pull people in and the play mechanics are catered to their style enough to keep them coming back.
What works for a location can be very different than what works in a collector's basement.. which can be very different from what works in a 'gameroom buyers' basement.

Any luck with electronic darts? Theres a local place here, and that always seems really busy

#4335 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Someone said they have 2 lines now?
So why can't they keep rolling ts4 through the summer and split the lines for number 8 followed by announcing in December?

I can see JJP announcing another game by years end. My guess is TS4 sales are way down compared to GNR. I think JJP's strategy is to build less games for more profit and move onto the next title.

#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A pretty bad strategy when costs are so front-loaded and your product line consists of... 1 maybe 2 things to sell.
It pretty much makes you into a bang or bust company.

Maybe...not sure what the profit margins are for GNR at $9.5K vs TS4 at $12K? I have to imagine they are significantly higher than past games. JJP can always fill a line with past games (WOZ, WW, GNR) if they so choose and dealers are willing to purchase.

#4429 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Sounds ridiculous. One can hope.
Anything is possible. Elwin came from nowhere.
Shows you how much code matters. Can make a game epic.
Lyman is my all time favorite pinball guy. A terrible loss and tragedy.

Terrible loss.....what he did on TWD dead was incredible...its now my fav pin

#4438 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My all time favorite too. I’ve played that game by far more than any other I’ve got. Gotten to LMS several times and actually beat it twice.
And that’s the only way I could ever get there is play it a few thousand times because I’m an average player. It’s a masterpiece.
But I think BM66 and Elvira are too. Amazing

You got me beat...I've gotten there a few times, but haven't beat it yet although I only have a few hundred games on the machine....but man the game is addicting...more so than any other in my collection

#4480 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I really want a OZ. My selfish thinking is hey lower demand for T4 may have JJP turn out another WOZ.
What cha think? Derek do you have a WOZ?

Be prepared to pay $20K

#4482 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey genius the big difference is Cary hasn’t played the game
Most of their praise was about the looks in person and the way the game plays

Come on man....even u have to admit that video/review was a bit over the top giddy for a game they both know is waaaaayyyy over priced. Personally I think it looks fun, and probably plays great ....its just not $12K+ amount of fun

#4581 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree iceman....That's another thing that JJP brought to pinball....higher prices.
My WOZECLE was my 1st NIB pin. At that time, I was really wanting a Scared Stiff, but people were wanting around $7k. At that price, I figured I might as well buy a NIB. I found someone willing to sell their WOZECLE spot for $7.5k. I jumped on it. For what is in TS4, I think manufacturers, (especially JJP) has reached the ceiling. I guess time will tell. My CCrLE is my last NIB purchase. The hobby has gotten crazy.
Thankfully, we still have CGC...They seem to sell the best value these days, by far.

CGC is by far the best value in pinball....The "NEW" JJP is turning out to be the worst

#4584 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

CGC cuts on R&D, coding, designers, marketing, pretty much everything but production and license. It's a very smart business

Yes and No...clearly there was big R&D in the redesign of all the remakes, and they continue to make it better. They also had to revamp all the graphics and are starting to add code to the older games.

#4588 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree....I don't see CGC cutting back at all on R&D. They're making classics even better.
I'm looking forward to their 1st "original title". I thing it'll be a game changer. The partnership they have w/ Rick @ Planetary has a very bright future.

Yea it might be great...I'm sure they were hoping Lyman would code it....that was a big loss as he was the best

#4627 1 year ago

So I don’t blindly support JJP I just hope they can get back to their original mission and not just become another Stern.

Well I think that ship has sailed to the point that they are far worse than Stern....at least Sterns Premiums are $9K (which is high)....are JJP LE's 30%+ better.....no way

#4632 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:For everyone not caring and disappointed in this game they sure do keep coming back to this thread…. I’d wager a fair number of them will have this in their collection in the future

The bigger issue is not the game itself...its JJP's pricing structure so yea many will try to get one at a discount

#4647 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's pathetic that a mainstream pinball company in JJP's position (making premium games) can't engineer perky flippers that don't fade. WTF?
In a home environment, it's not a showstopper, however in an arcade, it's a big deal. Nothing more frustrating that playing on location and you can't make shots because of weak flippers.

I may have heard wrong, but I thought someone mentioned they fixed that issue? Not sure it its true or not?

#4655 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

The haters are hilarious broke hoes. They wanted to buy it for 9.5 and sell it for 12. They come here to bash gameplay/layout but really just want to justify why they can't afford the going rate of sought after games. Toy Story 4 is a great game already. Just like Godzilla was right out of the gate. I wish the price was lower on a lot of games but to complain of empty playfield when people haven't played it. It's actually packed with shots. It's embarrassing and sad to constantly see crybabies bash a title they can't afford.

Thats funny!

#4716 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So what everyone wants is a packed game in high demand for $12k that they can flip for $15k the next day?

well of course

#4778 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

After playing Wonka last night, I'm not sure I miss the magnets in the center playfield that just decide your ball is over!
Not sure that additional mech makes the game any better.

we'll never know

#4791 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are still 600 LE's on Munsters (BOM on that game MUCH less). The BOM is much higher than you think on Toy Story. You have to include all of fixed and variable overhead that goes into these games on top of the inflationary aspect to labor, materials and basically everything else.
All that said, I agree with you Tbird, these CE's are gonna drop like a lead balloon in the secondary market! And IF they do, the rest of the secondary market is going to take a little dip with it. Not gonna have one without the other.
I'd like understand how people can keep arguing that the Stern LE's are gonna keep going up, look at GZLE's with 1k quantity, STH, GB, JP, IM, DP, you name it, and the only thing going DOWN in this market is Toy Story?
And that will be in the face of very good reviews thus far. So we will see.

My kids have requested The Mandalorian....thats one title that doesnt seem to retain value....not sure why?

#4804 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just not a super-popular layout and doesn't have many toys to interact with. They shot their BOM wad on the tilting helmet playfield that I still have no idea why it's there and what tilting it has to do with anything. I have a NIB Mando Prem coming in for mods that will be in the marketplace probably within 3 weeks or so for around $7700 - with that price idea, I'm already prepared to take a fair loss on it to move it through after mods since I have too many pins here and showing up at once right now. So if you're still in the market in a few weeks, easy way to try it out without paying too much in case your kids don't like it.

Good to know...seems like thats about where the market is at with the Mando Prem...is that or pick up a Godzilla after the market gets flooded with more premiums

#4807 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It will once the topper comes out =)
We have been patiently waiting...

So u like it? Stern still needs a topper for Godzilla and Mando

#4839 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Watched Helicon stream and some of Buffalo. It looks really fun and addictive.
Tbird has finally given up!

u need to drink the kool-aid if your in for $15K+

#4843 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not really Ptown, I’m gonna sell my MunstersLE for $18k and I’ll come out $3k ahead
The haters wanted so bad for the ad to be real they sucked it in hook, line and sinker
The reality is the Florida flipper brigade is racing to this dudes house as fast as they can with a stack of hundos! Guy shouldn’t mess around like this, get a crazy flipper show up at the door.

That a boy! Now your a flipper

#4845 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think the dude with the for sale ad is.
Brilliant eye catcher at $7,500 “OBO”
He’s probably topped $12k already for a local buyer!

Fake News !

#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

DeAngelo beat game right after first warm up game, right flipper got weak on him. Zmeny in saying all the dislike in chat is forced

where's the link to the game play

#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

After seeing the stream, I guess my perky flipper comment in yesterday's post wasn't so off target (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/93#post-6987079). JJP games have a history of complaints regarding anemic flippers - yesterday's stream is yet another example with a top player having difficulty getting the flippers to play as we would expect from a new, premium pinball product.
I have nothing against people that sell/install flipper fans, however it's a hack...period. B/W games were engineered for decades without flipper fans. Same for Stern. This is an engineering problem and the rumor that implied JJP had nailed their flipper issues is apparently wrong. Lastly, I have no bone to pick with JJP...I want nothing more than to support them with my pinball dollars. It's just hard when you don't feel like they are listening/responding.

It's certainly not a "hack"...its a very simple engineering solution to a known manufacturing problem.

#4922 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats the very definition of a hack though. I don't think the term "hack" being used to describe coil fans is necessarily being used in a negative context toward pinmonks product. I think we're all in agreement that its a good product. Its the fact that they are a necessary addition to some games because of poor design (or sometimes simple physics) that make them a hack.

Sounded pretty negative to me, which is why I commented

#4924 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I think you misunderstood but I don't blame you for wanting to defend pinmonk's product. I think it was just a case of "for lack of a better term". I know hack can definitely be (and often is) used negatively, but I don't think thats what anyone was going for here. At least thats my interpretation.

All good....

#5033 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'll take a guess based on his posts...because he is disappointed (like many of us who waited several years for TS).
The other "meta" disappointment (speaking for myself and I think some others) is the marketing/sales decision to drop a lower cost SE (essentially making the LE the SE in the lineup, with a BOM that looks more like an SE as well).
Nevertheless, "it is what it is". I have plenty to play and on the positive side, JJP just saved many of us 12-15k! Since my space is limited to 12-14 games, I'm glad not every game is a must have.

Totally agree....I think the whole TS4 debacle will eventually back fire on JJP. They clearly looked at the secondary market and priced the game accordingly, which in my mind is pretty short sided. It was a massive cash grab by JJP, and I have zero interest in supporting the new JJP (and I've owned all their games).

#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Or costs are skyrocketing due to inflation - parts and labor have both gone up.
So possibly instead of trying to fleece there customers, they are just trying to maintain margins based on higher costs.
I don't know for sure, but seems as good a hypothesis as market pricing - could be a little of both, all a guess unless you are privy to their financials
-----------------
And as far as the SE Model goes, how could they have a TS4 SE????
I mean, what could they actually drop from the LE to make it an SE?

I don't buy it (and yes its a guess)...many other companies are building games with more mechs and higher BOM's (i.e CGC). CGC's CCRLE is $9200 versus JJP's $12K so its not about JJP maintaining margins its all about increasing margins. This was a historic money grab by the "new" JJP

#5056 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Doesn't seem like a fair comparison. I don't know what the breakdown is, but I'd imagine the development budget of TS4 would clearly require a lot more R&D effort, artist and licensing costs, as opposed to a remake (all be it, with quite a bit of added work, still nothing next to starting scratch.).

I'm sure starting from scratch is more expensive, but theres a ton or engineering and R & D that goes into the remakes along with the additional code. My point is JJP is $3K more for quite a bit less .... u can't tell me thats all R&D costs, and if it is than something is very wrong at JJP

#5057 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It might be but would you call the pins being sold in the “Pinside Marketplace” as historic money grabs?
Looks like both JJP and Stern see what’s going on. It’s easy to see with our own eyes.
Is the unwritten rule that companies can’t take away the “flipper profit”?
Maybe it backfires on all of them eventually.
I’m gonna go with it’s a title by title phenomenon in the future.
What’s an Elwin Jaws LE gonna be priced at?
Should MSRP be $11k so flippers can turn them for $20k right off the top? Ever since the Metallica LE debacle Stern has been playing catch up
Maybe like JJP, 5,000 “LEs”. It all get ridiculous at some point and maybe we are there.

I guess your point is who makes the profit, which is a very fair point. JJP's strategy is to claim most if not all of the flipper profit short term! Time will tell if thats good business or not....my guess is we've reached the breaking point, and sales #'s for JJP will be way down.

#5097 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

This pin must be played before judged.
I was on the negative side until I played it for 2 hours and wanted more. Once I learned the rules and objectives it got much more fun. The Road trip shot is right on the end of the flipper much like Godzilla scoop. So it's the perfect amount of challenge/reward imo. The volume adjustment on the front of cabinet is nice too.

Great...did u order one? Plenty on the market

#5099 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:I agree with that Ptown. The Toy Story 4 theme was a major letdown for most.
Raising the price to $15k and 1,000 units from $12,500 and 500 units was a bit crazy but I get why they did it. Plus they aren’t like Stern pumping out games. It’s been 18 months since GNR which has been their biggest seller, beating out WOZ.
It looks like a really fun game but their shouldn’t be any FOMO rush to go grab one unless you it’s a dream theme, you have kids, etc etc
Stern has been much “incremental” in their price increases but they have come a long ways also

My guess is a fairly high percentage of buyers purchase these games sight unseen thinking theres zero risk in the purchase. If they don't like the game they just flip for a profit (mainly LE's and CE's). JJP doubled the CE numbers and eliminated the flipper profit right out of the gate so my guess is sales will be down due to the fiscal risk to the flippers regardless if the game is good or not.

#5101 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And that’s what it ought to be, entertaining and “pedantic”.
Laugh a little bit and have some fun discussing a new pin. None of it is gonna change anything.

I enjoyed 10 games on my TWD last night....the machine won

#5106 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. One of the best ever. Can you imagine if that game had an LCD with all those great scenes?

Off the charts....the Cleland sound code is an improvement. If u haven't tried give a shot....I like the Negan whistle

#5107 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I agree with that. I don’t see how they sell 5k “LEs”
And the CEs, even after the reveal, I talked to my Distro today getting update on Cactus LEs and he said a couple of guys bailed and they were filled by his waiting list with a deposit?
I think there is still some disbelief going on that a new pinball machine can really lose value.
It shouldn’t matter if a CE ends up in the $12k range but in this market, who knows
A ton of games start out hated and go on to be great as more people play them and code develops.

Yep...might end up being a great player that many enjoy, and who knows sales might be way down over past titles so it might hold value in the long run?

#5115 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

No. 12k plus tax is way to high for my taste. They should have priced it like GNR.
I have a CCr with topper on order for 9250. And GZ prem.

makes sense....my feelings exactly....I also have a CCRLE on order although no idea when we might get it ?

#5121 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I tried to make it all the way through this thread, lol, but by page 50 or so it just started to feel like groundhog day, lol. So I am just going to skip to the end.
I get it, TS4 theme is a let down, everyone (including JJP I bet) would have preferred the general TS theme allowing it to include any bits and pieces from all 4. But from a movie company perspective, I bet they would much prefer it be their most recent release. Sucks, but it is what it is.
My wife is a huge TS fan, before release I was instructed to get a CE site un-seen. I reached out to 4 distributors. All 4 said they were "sold out" of spots before the game was even released!! I'm sure the lists were comprised of their most die hard $$$ spending customers, I get it, but it sucked none the less.\
I decided I would give ordering direct a try. The morning of, I saw all the leaked pictures, confirming the game details and that it's TS4, etc etc. Huge let down. It's 9am and my wife is yelling "buy! buy! buy!" and I'm like, there is NO WAY they sell out of CE's... so i go to check out and BAM, sold out, lol.
Luckily, I think i dodged a bullet there (no offence intended to any other CE buyers). I like the art better on the LE, I dont really care about the bo peep extra speech, and IMHO the topper is a little disappointing for the extra CE cost. Lastly, LE gets here much faster.
So i went with an LE, it should get here late next week. Yes it's 12k which is way too much, but I am still going to give it a shot. I disagree that all people buying NIB's think they can grab one, play it, and if they dont like it flip it for a profit. Specially in this economy. I will get it, enjoy it, and if its not a keeper, in a year or two I'll sell it for whatever the current market will be, if that means I take a loss, BFD. I got my moneys worth for a year or two of enjoyment (I dont have enough time to play to where I would keep it for any less than that).
I think it looks fun! I think my wife will love it (she's the one that demanded it any way, lol) my kids will never play it because they couldn't care less about toy story, but I'm not buying it for them so I don't really care.
If you're happy to get it, awesome!
If you think JJP sucks and they are milking even more money out of the hobby that is fine too, you're entitled to your opinion. Me? I'd rather have them around than not, and I am always curious as to what they come out with next.
So congrats to JJP on releasing their next title and I also think its awesome that they were able to announce it and immediately start shipping.
Time will tell if TS4 is a success or flop, but given the sales so far, seems pretty successfully to me, but let's see how things look in a few months.

Congrats....I'm sure you and the family will enjoy the game, and I agree if u lose a few grand on resale (If u ever do sell it) who cares

#5124 1 year ago

Indeed, come check it out with Nick some time, I live right up the street from him now. cheers!

Sounds great ! I have a CCRLE coming at some point so I'll have u guys over

#5176 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

do you feel Toy Story would be a good addition to a lineup that already has deep rule based games with tough shots?
I’m thinking TS4 would fit that bill for new pinball machines. I feel I need a pin I can walk up to and have a fun experience.. FYI, I’m not the best player and do hope my skills improve.
Yes, the price is the main problem for many to add to their lineup…. Guess the future will tell what those same people would be willing to pay given the chance (and if they are still interested).

I have a decent line up of pins, and in my mind you're describing MM and AFM. Both of those games are really fun with easy rule sets to understand yet games that are not easy to beat.

#5183 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What sums up the popularity of TS4 is how one can buy a LE for MSRP from many places and it was just released. First time in a long time that has happened.
But if you want a Zilla premium you gotta pay about 2-3k over MSRP if you want one now.
Money talks and Jacks bullchiat walks.

Everyone knows JJP TS4 LE's are way overpriced (JJP probably knows this as well). It should have been priced like GNR LE's and they would sold a lot more. My guess is you'll start seeing a lot GZ premiums coming down in value. Stern is gonna build a shit ton of those games and rumor has it they'll be delivered in July sometime.

#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I WISH. I have a Godzilla premium on order that isn't set to fill until next year

Really? I was told that they were building Godzilla's Premiums in July (Automated)....maybe u missed out on that allocation or the information I got was wrong?

#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Which means potentially wise financial move for JJP. They have effectively taken the flipper profits on the high end machines. Maybe there will be fewer flippers on the collector machines and they will actually go to collectors.

Yes and no....now that theres way too much risk to the flippers my guess is JJP CE's will normalize like prior to GNR.....prior to GNR JJP never sold out CE's and they sat on the market for years.

#5306 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

“Overpriced” only if you start to see games re-selling for HUGE DISCOUNTS…anyone want to bet on whether TS4 CE’s will be selling for an average price of $12k or less in the next year? I’ll be your huckleberry…..step up…I’ll cover all bets….

Maybe not mainly because it will take JJP another year to deliver all the CE's. My guess is the CE's won't hold value and will eventually sell below MSRP. I think theres almost zero chance the LE's will hold value. Unless very few people buy due to the ridiculous price.

2 weeks later
#5605 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The part where callouts and lights have been enough for most people to understand where to shoot the ball on tons and tons of dmd pins. I didn’t know that people now need it literally spelled out for them on a dedicated screen taking up actual playfield real estate.

Totally agree....the tablet was a massive cost savings event for JJP. If that tablet wasn't there they would have had to add a mini play field or cool mech which costs money versus the $30 tablet (I'm guessing) they probably get on the cheap from China. As many have said this is probably the lowest BOM by a large margin than any other JJP pin yet its by far their most expensive. This was all about a massive money grab that in my opinion will back fire unless they get back to actually putting cool stuff into their games.

#5608 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The screen and controller in TS4 is about $10 in quantity. I checked. It's a pretty low res TN panel. Add $3-5 for the frame, frame LEDs and clear plastic protective shield. About half what you estimated.

Well there u go .... TS4 BOM has to be at historic lows for JJP

#5620 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

You want a crying towel? Don’t forget to “hold my pocket”!

Nope...I'm all good

#5656 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I already have a JP and GZ in the location.. along with every other recent stern title. And guess what... Toy Story is earning right along side them... and more than them right now... alot more.
Well one correction, GZ isn't earning because it's been down due to node boards wiping out entire series of boards and stern taking forever to replace them.

Doesn't surprise me as its brand new title. The real question is whats the residual value of a TS4 thats been routed. My guess is significantly less than MSRP

#5658 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

As will be any HUO TS4’s. So operators will earn $3 to $4k on location and see how much they will make on selling a routed pin. So good chance of just breaking even. $12k to pay for a pin on location will be difficult to make money on it vs a Stern Pro or even a premium. Just my opinion.

Yea I see nice low play HUO Le's dropping below $9K so who knows what a stock routed pin would drop to?

#5679 1 year ago

Reality vs perception of reality when it comes to pricing aside, I don't see it going that low, but let's see where prices are at once they are off the line and dealer stock is depleted.

My only rational is thats what JJP LE's sold for when GNR was announced. The only way they hold value is if JJP doesn't make very many, but your right time will tell.

#5686 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Do you really think they would let him go for no reason whatsoever?

Clearly someone at JJP justified it ....probably a control thing

#5697 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Drop-in or casual players don't know this. I tell people all the time 'this is the newest game in the industry.. just released' - they don't care. They only know what is familiar or not to them. Just as many people recognize Flintstones is new in the room. We route the latest games to pull in the hobbyists/regulars.. but the bulk of players know nothing of this.

Wait.. you think routed pinballs are at risk of depreciating?? STOP THE PRESSES. Routing games being worth less than MSRP is the norm. This is not some new risk for TS4.
Here's a secret... we routed GNR and eventually sold it too... for less than MSRP. We were still fine..

Good for u ! You made my point...

#5700 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, that you keep talking about dynamics and operations you don't really know about.

Its one business I have zero interest in

#5797 1 year ago

They were building GNR's for well over a year so my guess is they probably sold close to 3-4K units if you include the CE's + they kept increasing the price during the build so my guess is they were at full tilt the entire time. The good news with TS4 is it appears they've solved play field issues as I haven't heard any complaints, which is a step in the right direction.

#5839 1 year ago

Anyone get the JJP survey?

#5842 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I did and you can let them know what you think their doing wrong and tell them what you think they can do to improve!

Yep, and I did that....they ask what JJP games you own (I've owned all of them expect TS4). I let them know why I will never buy another NIB game, which is mainly due to their lack of warranty on play fields.

#5844 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Said I was interested to see what SR come up with but I will never spend 12k+ on a pinball machine.

I can see that....I actually didn't mention pricing as its all relative, and clearly an issue.

#5853 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Everybody needs to mention that getting rid of LTG and Butch was a bad move!

I would just tell them the truth about everything. I gave them my prospective based on a customer that has purchased all their titles (CE's and LE's). They may listen or they might just throw all the data in the trash and continue doing business as usual.

#5855 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

That's what I did, told them honestly how I felt when I filled out that survey. I highly doubt they'll listen or care, all evidence to the contrary so far, but I figured they gave me an opportunity so I might as well take it.
Jeff

You very well might be correct although I found it surprising they actually sent a survey in the first place

#5859 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

This being the first survey I've ever received from JJP is telling. Obviously sales on TS4 were not what they hoped.
For me, the reduction in mech count (ie the magic) is my main reason for passing on TS4. But for others, it could be the huge price increase, elimination of warranty or playfield quality worries. Oh - and Butch/LTG.

First one I've ever been asked to participate in....they had to of known that jumping from $9.5K for an LE (GNR release $) to $12K was risky? Especially with a game they knew had very little in it. That being said $ was the last thing on my list of JJP issues. I've purchased all of the prior JJP games (LE's and CE's), and was fine with paying a premium for JJP as they always packed games with shots, mechs, great animations, great code, and prior to GNR I always felt like they would take care of me if I had an issue. My issue now is they have raised prices, dropped quality, and have reflected this in their lack of warranty and customer support. Thus I will never purchase another NIB JJP game, and will just look to the secondary market for a nice HUO game.

#5878 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes I know she is evil. It’s still not a good look.

I agree that its a very odd choice whether she's evil or not.....

#5921 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like you're talking to the WRONG operators for this machine. Free play arcades are a different beast than location based vend play. Apples and oranges.

Doesn't it really come down to residual value of a machine once it comes off route? The real question is what would a routed TS4 be worth after several thousand plays?....my guess way below $10K, but who knows.

#5929 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unlike so many hobbyists, operators don't expect their equipment to appreciate in value. So it's accepted that there will be depreciation.. The question is simply a discussion of earnings vs that depreciation. You can't really talk about one without the other.
The thing about JJPs is... there is no flood of cheap used ones around because the majority of them were bought by home owners. That keeps the avg prices up. So even if you are the 'bottom 10%' of game examples.. you're still the bottom of a sales range that has a very high avg sales price.
Would taking a 4k hit in depreciation be a big hit? Sure... but it's still not 12k like people keep waving their hands about.. and still less than the 6k that most hobbyist have set in their mind that people need to make to offset a stern pro

Makes sense...

#5930 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It comes down to total income+residual value-initial cost. The residual value alone is not the sole indicator. But as I said before, there's an intangible "draw" consideration that is hard to directly quantify except with A/B comparisons of before/after TS4 showed up (and even then those are very vague data points since they're not ABSOLUTE unless you only have one other game at that location).

Clearly its not the sole factor in determining if it makes fiscal sense although its an important one

#5953 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The Hobbit I purchased off-route had 24,000 plays. It was the top earner for nearly 3 years in the large arcade I bought it from. It cleaned up beautifully, and looks nearly new after all that time. Hence, my experience is that it was very well built and held up quite well. As for "snooze-fest", that's a personal opinion. I find it a wonderful title and consider it one of the most underrated pins I've ever bought. Closest thing to an RPG in pinball, even better than AIQ in that regard.[quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive

2 months later
#6043 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How many whats the current discount?
Thanks

My guess is many distributors are stuck with a lot of inventory (which sucks for them)... you'll probably start seeing discounts around the holidays as most will want to get off the books by years end

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.