(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

website is down
https://jerseyjackpinball.com/
wonder if it's a glitch or getting an update?

Thanks I will let the guys know.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Any talk of more Potc or Wonkas?

Just finished another run of Wonka - if you want an LE they are out there NIB.

2 months later
#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

What is going on with seeing post it says 8 new post but when I go to look it’s the same old ones. Doing it on other ones to any ideas.

Kinda sums up this thread and, really, the pinball social media world in general.

#1021 1 year ago

I have met a lot of people in my life... Todd is not among them.

(sorry Boss)

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Okay... Where the heck will JJP announce the game when they are ready to release the notice? Let's say they do announce it during end of June during Pintastic would they post this announcement to https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/news/ or their Facebook page right away?
Or, do I have to follow some other feed?
Would like to know so I can contact my distributor right away.

Go to the bottom of the website and sign up for the JJP mailing list. Follow JJP on instagram and facebook. Those three will get the announcements when there are announcements.

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just got confirmation: Only 350 CE’s for this title. 100 Buzz’s, 100 Woody’s, 100 Forky’s and 50 Slinky’s

not a chance

#1411 1 year ago

Also since its a Disney title did JJP work out a combo license deal to do another run of Pirates?

NO MORE PIRATES are scheduled to be run.

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Excellent question! Since JJP knows people are killing each other to buy CE’s sight unseen, they know it’s not necessary to tell people what the game will have or any differences between the CE or LE

Doesn’t it seem logical that information such as that will be announced at the reveal? Discussing game features prior to mentioning the game at all seems odd.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry but that’s kinda of a stupid statement. Are you really going to have time to play the machine or at least see a good video before CE’s are sold out? From what I hear, CE’s sell out within hours??

Perhaps but your BS post “confirming” 350 CEs named after characters made me watchful. I get so tired of the trolling and the BS that when someone tries to argue that of course JJP wouldn’t bother to differentiate the features of each model when that was done for GnR in the launch day reveal videos felt like a silly thing to say. Sorry for the snippy tone but you and I go way back as far Usenet RGP I think and sometimes I wonder about peoples agenda.

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How many are

“You and I go Way back” WTF r u talking about? I have no clue who the F you are sir. As far as “trolling” I guess the truth hurts doesn’t it? Revel the fucking game already and give people time to decide. Oh and by the way….Fix your damn shitty playfields will ya?

Classy. I guess I should have expected it.

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How about you reveal the game and don’t accept CE orders until a week has passed to give people time to at least see and analyze the game??

Half decent idea. Unfortunately not my call but I’ll mention it going forward.

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

How do you get on the JJP mail blast?

go to the website and sign up for the newsletter

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Sorry if it has been answered before. Will CE be built before LEs?

No

#2229 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

What order does Jersey Jack make games - CE or LE first. How long did it take them to get through all the CEs for GNR?

LE first always. CE run follows after a few months or so usually.

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Initially total disappointment. Looks like a kiddie girls game. Will wait for gamrplay vid thou ..Where is the claw machine !!!!!!!!!

It shoots great. A wonderful game to play so far for me.

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Politically correct thing to say

I know I'm a tad biased on this but I've been playing it and it's great. Just hope everyone gets to play it a few times.

#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I know what you mean having a screen that shows a digital pinball game being played. Is there real kinetic satisfaction or make sense stopping play on a real pinball game to play a digital facsimile located far from you on a 10” phone screen? Hmmm, not sure how that works?

And Joe deliberately programmed in flipper lag which I thought was great

#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

FTR no fanboy BS, I love JJP, this is a massive miss, these will be sitting NIB at all our fave distros for years to come

I'd wager you but I don't gamble too much.

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

With the prices being charged these days, what a game looks like and the interactive toys/mechs on the PF are quite important to many players. Even before seeing gameplay a great deal can be assessed about a machine by the photos. It’s interesting how some are thinking DI now appears to be Pat’s pinnacle game of his JJP career.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Says that guy that works at jersey jack.
Dude, what the fuck was pat lawlor doing this entite time? It's a stripped down no good goofers with a worse theme. Like, Pat.... im so disappointed.
That video editor really tried to take a whole bunch of nothing and tried to make it look like something. I commend the fun action zooms (on nothing), trying ever so hard to get us excited for it this turd.
Also: you cant just add a crap ton of lights to things and make it make sense. Woz? Makes sense. Gnr? Makes sense. I dont remember the tiys going to effing vegas. Stop givimg us these crazy lights in every game and expect us to not notice the rest of the game.
Of they had a batman theme, or soemthing else noir and gritty,you better believe they'd have lights up the wazoo.... also, for no reason.
Sheesh I'm disappointed.

Yeah everyone just thinks I'm shilling I understand. I shouldn't even be here when everyone has their heart set on bitching and stuff. I'm enjoying this game more than I have a new game in a long time but that's me and I am certainly not the target audience that's for sure. It shoots great, the code is great and there are three separate voice actors that did custom speech for it coupled with movie quotes and all kinds of fun shots. No sarcasm here tho - I get it. Everyone wants to trash it today and that's your right if you want. Hopefully it will be like Pirates where once it gets out there and people have a chance to play it they will realize how good it is. I loved DI at the beginning and dung jumped on me and got me reprimanded on here. That's fine. I do tech support not game sales and I didn't design this one but it's just straight up fun. That's really all. It's fun.

#2587 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Being pushed by JJP bean counters to strip off all the fun & expensive stuff.

Quoted from Rarehero:

TS FOUR?!??!
Hahahahahaahaaa!!!
What’s next, JJP? Godfather 3?! Matrix 4?! Ghostbuster ‘16?!?!?
OMG, this is a scandal. How did this happen?!?! Like, even just taking “4” off the cabinet would be a 100% improvement.

How long have you been around, rare? Disney wanted 4. They are the licensor. Remember?

#2595 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

At that point you pass on the license...this is a turd plain and simple, wtf. I know you work for JJP; but don't even try here; I own GnR LE, had a Wonka; love both...This is so disappointing; they F'd up big time

Well I am sorry you feel that way. To each his own.

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Buyers wanted 1-3….and here we are.
For real tho - even if they only wanted to license 4, surely they would have allowed it to just be called “Toy Story Pinball”. POTC wasn’t named after only the final film. There’s plenty of TS merch that doesn’t have the 4 on it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The game has characters to collect like slinky dog and Hamm and such. The game is fun which I used to think was what mattered but I understand that things have been changing and maybe I'm missing out or something. I like playing it and the code is pretty much done. Shots are smooth. Maybe none of that matters and if so then I'm misjudging things. That's all cool.

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, but I can "collect" characters in any $20-$60 video game in a similar, and more realized manner.
The reality of a pinball game is NOT via relying more on digital assets than......physical one's.
It's okay for fans of the franchise, pinball, Lawlor and most of all JJP to be disappointed.

I agree it’s okay to be disappointed if you want to be. That’s all allowed. Game shoots great and is fun to play.

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

I felt similar until i got to play a no good gophers recently. The ramp shot on that game was so smooth and well designed, i loved it. The ball never clunked back onto the Playfield from my short play.

This one is super smooth

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Where does the woody spinner shot go? Upper right flipper feed?

Think whirlwind or earthshaker - there is a saucer that kicks out to the side to setup the mini flipper

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Damage control on announcement day isn’t really a good look, tho lol

You weren't this negative in the RGP days were you? Or maybe I forgot.

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Up until Toy Story 4 all JJP mini LCD's were actually intergrated into something that made sense from the theme. What the heck is that giant tablet from Toy Story, I mean Toy Story 4?
WOZ: Used in crystal ball
Hobbit: The Hobbit book
Dialed In: Phone
Pirates: Compass on the apron
Wonka: Wonkavision
GNR: Stage screen
Toy Story 4: ?
[quoted image]

Covers rules to all the modes and plays tiki party video pinball

4 weeks later
#5583 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Most recently (yesterday) when I came over it was stuck under that dang cake topper on the right return habitrail. Level left to right and about a 6.8% incline.
[quoted image]

Check the switch on the ramp just to the left. It may need a little bend to make the actuator less stiff. That could be deflecting the ball off of the wireform. This happened once on my game although the ball didn’t stick there.

1 week later
#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Just curious…is this actually accurate? It seems practically EVERY JJP game says “2nd line from the bottom” but the pitch is not intended to be the same for every JJP game….what are the chances this is just inaccurate boilerplate language that JJP reprints with every game?

Four JJP standard width cabinets using Pat’s cabinet design DI WW GNR TS4 - four same cabinets all same setup. With regard to bubble level. Simple as that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.