(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from BexAnn:

On JJP's latest post, it kinda looks like toy story art on one of the machines. I mean the head is clearly GnR but once you see buzz, it's hard to unsee it. I don't recognize the side art on the cabinet as a GnR. It honestly could just be wishful thinking, but its fun to hope.
Note: I first noticed to look closer from some comments on Facebook. They saw Buzz and Woody. That left me guessing on the other two, but I was surprised I didn't see anything posted about it here so thought I would share.

I think you need help from this little guy

Lenny_004 (resized).jpgLenny_004 (resized).jpg
#205 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you saw the pricing I’m pretty sure people won’t be buying to re-sell

So these prices are confirmed? I thought people were just guessing.

1 month later
#240 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

so called playfield issue

Why fix any "so called" issues when you can just cover them up with washers

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

JJP has to reassure folks regarding the playfields in some way before releasing the next game - right?!
It just seems ridiculous to continue without making a change of some kind.

68ovsx (resized).jpg68ovsx (resized).jpg
#262 2 years ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

the playfield is without blemish!

Does your playfield have washers under the sling posts?

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All of the most recent JJP’s do. Whatever combination of new posts + washers that JJP started installing on GNR’s in June / July of 2021 has worked. That same process appears to have been applied to the last Wonka run. Since then there’s been no widespread reports of playfield issues, have personally heard of none since those changes.

Covering up potential problem areas does not fix the issue. I understand certain people are content with washers and will buy Toy Story anyway.

1 week later
#391 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You know, I mean no disrepair, but Jack is kind of a cocky A-hole. Throwing jabs at stern for handcuffs on designers and code out of the box, yet their shit don’t shine, games have cluster of quality issues and all sorts of shoddy code with GNR. At least sterns get continuous code support.

Stern fixed their playfield issues too, didn't just cover them up with washers as a permanent fix.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What thread is this?

Still no Toy Story confirmation from JJP, back on track.

1 month later
#637 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Does anyone know if they finally fixed their playfields.

Some consider washers covering up potential problems areas as a "fix". It's going to be hard to resist ordering a TS if it looks amazing but not going to cloud the truth of the situation of washers covering up what JJP refuses to address.

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I am expecting 13K and $17K

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#660 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

If it IS going to be Toy Story, I just hope there's ZERO Randy Newman music in it. I know that's asking a lot, but I don't care how iconic that song is to the movie, I just can't take his voice anymore. I even mute the intro to Monk when i watch the reruns.

South Park can't stand him either lol.

#712 1 year ago

"load it up" means different things to different people. Some were arguing that GZ pro was still loaded compared to the premium because it had three spinners and some shrinky dinks. For 12k or more it better have a couple of unique or innovative toys/mechs and not just extra flippers or spinners to qualify it as "loaded".

#765 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great to see the excitement around a new pin but has everyone forgotten about all the issues with Marco and the playfields? Or does everyone just not care now?

I guess many consider washers covering up problem areas a good enough solution.

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

My expectation is that JJP will both increase the cost of the CE and the quantity. Something along the lines of $15k a game and 1000 units.

Hell, why not $17500? I'm sure JJP would throw in some extra washers and glue for any playfield defects since it's the owners fault they happen.

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Are there really going to be 2 CE Versions?

Yes... they are bend and over.

#951 1 year ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Keep seeing it will be Toy Story. Anyone think it might be BUZZ like the new movie coming out next month?

Nope but it would be hilarious to see at current price predictions.

2 weeks later
#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from JayH:

I have $36,000 for two CE's. One to play immediately and one to save for the future.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hopefully not an epic fail reveal like Dialed in was.

They already have plenty convinced that washers are a playfield fix and some are concerned that the CE's will be priced too low. Don't think a poor reveal is going to change any of that.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dealer just offered me a CE at 25k. No joke.
Wow

ben.gifben.gif
#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If the CE is gonna sell out in an hour and we don’t know how many they are making or what the price is maybe JJP should just go ahead and jump it on up to $20k.
No price is too high in this market it appears
Stern needs to go ahead and bump up to at least $14k on LEs and 2,000 units with Elwin

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I’ll buy a Toy Story SE if it is as good as predicted.

Don't think they're making SE's anymore.

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Remember they keep telling us, “Pinside is just a small part of the hobby”
So who knows, maybe $25k is the next stop ?
Elwin LE bound to be at least $17,500 next time

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#1766 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No SE model for Toy Story? Only two models available? Bummer if so.

That's what many are saying/predicting, sucks cause I'm pretty much done paying over 10K for a pinball machine.

#2046 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

What does it even take to reserve a CE with JJP tomorrow at 12 EST? I created an account, added credit card, shipping address, etc...but...is it like a $2k deposit or anybody know?

mark.gifmark.gif
#2082 1 year ago

Congrats to JJP for creating this much FOMO day before taking sales with a picture of the shooter knob. Hope they are offering a CCE edition at 30K with powder coated washers for those special collectors that scoff at piddly 15K estimates

#2100 1 year ago

I hope JJP doubles down on the Randy Newman music in the game. Who can forget this classic?

#2105 1 year ago

K man saying game is based off of Toy Story 4 so plenty of Forky and Bonnie with some middle aged Andy.

old.gifold.gif
#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

I somehow did not make the blast list, lame.

Check your spam folder.

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I have been talking with a lot of distributors today trying to find a Toy Story CE as a lot are already sold before JJP even named the theme. JJP is trying to act like Ferrari now as one distributor told me a lot of people keep a permanent down payment with them for whenever JJP announces a new title. Personally, this kind of rubs me the wrong way as I bought JJP's WWCE directly from them and it was not a problem. I do not like this feeling of when a new pinball title gets announced everyone who already has a deposit on order with a distributor gets first dibs right away. I am going to still try and get a Toy Story CE tomorrow, but I just feel this new system of permanently having down payments with a distributor is a little excessive.

Are you sure JJP is demanding this or is it so much demand that people get on waiting lists and offer deposits to show they're serious? Waiting to look for a CE the day before the sale sounds like the issue to me, other people realize what the demand is and get on a list/put up a deposit early is just being prepared.

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My GNRCE and WonkaCE pfs have no issues.

Look under the washers and report back.

#2278 1 year ago

Unless you love the fourth movie this is a fail on JJP asset wise. Buzz and Woody may be art on playfield but no toys associated with them.

#2819 1 year ago

I was never going to buy this game just based on playfield issues being covered up and not addressed and insane pricing but actually feel bad for people that were still on board and woke up this morning to a TS 4 theme with lack of toys based on the original characters. You won't get an apology from JJP but take mine instead and hope it helps... I am deeply sorry and know you were expecting so much more from the company that made such a ground breaking game like WOZ.

#2852 1 year ago

Half hour to go before sales open and still no video JJP? Maybe you want people to put a non-refundable deposit down first for a reason.

#2872 1 year ago

I see why they waited on releasing video...yikes!!!

#2892 1 year ago

Brain trust at JJP... Let's jack up the prices, give them less innovation/toys and base the game on TS 4.

Potential JJP buyers...

sus.gifsus.gif
#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

So JJP didn’t sell out of 1000 $15k CE machines today?!

Most were allotted to distributors so unless you can claim all distributors sold their allotments already it's a false statement.

#3668 1 year ago

Nothing says Toy Story like Gabby Gabby multiball!!!

#3783 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Find one CE in stock at MSRP. I know a few dealers held some trying to get more. But the vast majority were sold in minutes.

If the majority go to distributors and they immediately mark it up anticipating higher demand, you don't know for sure if 1k CE's would have sold out at MSRP because the game is rigged from the beginning. True test is to see how long they sit and what price they eventually sell at.

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Maybe this was JJP's attempt to hurt the flippers?
Make 'em buy, non-refundable..... and stick them with a game no one will end up wanting?
Kinda funny.

Even if you're solely a flipper, you have to have some confidence that the game will sell for over MSRP. What about a fourth movie theme with lacking main character toys, no innovation and 1k being made inspires confidence?

#3828 1 year ago

The game is technically sold out because the middlemen committed to them all, not the same thing as the public straight up buying them all. I hate to make this comparison but Spooky technically sold out of HW & UM right away too, this is not a comparison of how good any of the games are compared to each other.

#3944 1 year ago
gabby (resized).jpggabby (resized).jpg
#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

When I read most of the comments on Pinside, it looks like this game is not/will not be a success, but if you look at the sales at JJP it looks like a big hit (instant sell out of CE).
Also here in the EU all allocated spots are sold out, so I think that JJP is spot on with targeting a more non-pinball audience with a big wallet.
Most of these buyers won’t even notice that the sculpts are cake toppers
I think we can all agree that over the last years the hobby has shifted from hardcore technicians/entheusuasts to more wealthy people who bling everything out the max.
So continuing that trend was a wise idea.

Just cause Distributors allotments are spoken for doesn't mean the game is sold out. It's in their hands and has to be sold to the general public still. Many posts claiming it's sold out when that's not the reality.

#4145 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda brought up a good point today "Nothing that divisive is good" and that's what is sadly happening here with Toy Story 4. This is the opposite to the reaction that Godzilla and Guns N Roses received for example.
Two things are causing this divisiveness, the choice to call the game Toy Story 4 along with restricting assets to just the 4th film and a lack of mechanical features as well as molds on a $12k - $15k pinball machine.

Way I look at it is they are selling an SE at an increased LE price, charge another 3k for a topper and some bling. Add the fact that it's based off of the least popular movie of an iconic brand, dumb down the code for less experienced players and not putting any innovation in the game. We'll see if the flippers and distributors who marked the price up will make out this time or will the reality set in once the FOMO wears off that this is not the JJP that stunned the pinball community with WOZ.

#4228 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There seems to be a ton of disappointed people with the game and pricing here on Pinside.
I get it but where are the 1,000 people that bought CEs and several hundred LEs that went delivered the first day?
There must be a whole other world of the pinball hobby outside of this place?
I suppose it’s true that Pinside is just a small part of the hobby.
It’s surprising to me that the CEs all sold through, some at higher than MSRP, and so many LEs have already been delivered.
Tough to argue with what the market is saying right now. Like it or not

900 CE's went to distributors whether there are deposits on them or not, once all the CE's are made and in hands of buyers then they will be sold out. Couple hundred LE's delivered first day is not surprising with demand being higher than supply especially with a new game that little is known about.

#4237 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are “non refundable deposits” and my Distro says he has a long list of people waiting on dropouts which I had initially considered doing but not now.
I consider “non refundable” as sold out

I personally know two people who had access to CE spots and backed out. I'm guessing if you're in tight with a distributor they will let you put the deposit to another game possibly. Not saying CE's won't eventually sell out just maybe not all above MSRP or even at MSRP.

#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I feel like this game is going to crush it on location. And the high traffic places can most certainly pay $12k for an LE and still get a decent return on investment.

Hope the operators have the same enthusiasm you do. Having to pay 5k more compared to a Stern pro is a lot.

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

So even despite the license not being ideal, is that's what's "saving" this from complete and total bashing?

Flippers have to keep the narrative positive until they make their profit and fanboys are in denial that their favorite company could do no wrong.

#4388 1 year ago

I guess K man canceled his CE

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#4393 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM: Toy Story 4 Pinball First Impressions

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#4425 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s see if Toy Story has the same type of Lyman magic eventually.

st.gifst.gif
#4477 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I really want a OZ. My selfish thinking is hey lower demand for T4 may have JJP turn out another WOZ.
What cha think? Derek do you have a WOZ?

They are supposedly not set up for widebody games anymore.

#4479 1 year ago

I've seen all four movies and don't know who the hell this is.

20220618_071606 (resized).jpg20220618_071606 (resized).jpg
#4486 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

So far, everyone I know that was initially disappointed in the reveal (me being one), has played it, and loved it.

It's pinball with a Lawlor layout so it will be enjoyable for a time once you get past the fourth movie theme. For most it will be cool to own for awhile but not a keeper game, especially with the easier rule/code set.

#4495 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

You know, it is this thing called summer in the northern hemisphere and it's good to get outside enjoy yourself.

Come run the power grid for for me so I can go frolic in the great outdoors

#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I’m surprised that this would be a problem? Their rotisseries can’t handle another inch or two? Weird.
I mean, it’s not like a semiconductor fab, where you’d have to get multi million dollar equipment if you change process, is it?

I don't know what it takes to change back to widebodies. Last three games were standard, probably saving money in materials alone.

#4504 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Man, the Stern vs. JJP camps here are worse than the PlayStation vs. Xbox console wars.

Is it really the Stern fanboys getting their licks in on an easy target or collectors in general that know it's a subpar offering for a record high price increase compared to what JJP has done in past games?

#4541 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Forget the theme, the rule set, the accessories, the cost….there is already an issue with the playfield on the machine. Is anyone concerned about the jump ramp? This is a new machine just put on location causing damage.

I'm sure they can find a washer big enough to cover it up

#4552 1 year ago

Whoever made this was a genius!!!

hw (resized).jpghw (resized).jpg
#4557 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

I know I hear you its terrible. A brand new game is cheaper than Munster Premium asking $16,500.00. Godzilla LE 20k - Elvira Premium $15k - Tron LE 20k - some guy asked for 60K a few weeks ago for a Batman SLE. Let’s not forget Beatles ask out of the gate or Elvira 40th people asking 30k. And you’re really complaining about 12k for a brand new game. Don’t you find that slightly hypocritical.
I don’t know just saying. Why is it we as buyers of these games feel its fair game to ask for the sky the moon and the stars but the supplier can’t. Is Black Knight really worth the 20k some people are trying to get for that game right now? Seriously? That same person would ask 20k for their game but then RAIL ON JJP for asking 12k for a game with a top 5 license from Disney.
I again point out to you that NEW GAMES RIGHT NOW ARE CHEAPER THAN USED GAMES! Think about that for a second. Who created this market the sellers or the buyers then resellers????
Easy to point fingers but never look directly in the mirror! Here is the other thing that boggles the mind… KANEDA has been advocated that JJP sell their games for 18 to 25k now he’s complaining about the price. HUH.
Maybe the World right now is just in a place where no one is happy who knows. Play Toy Story it will make you happy. Just give it a try!

Your whole argument is based off of crazy asking prices not sold prices. Just because some people are fishing for a sucker does not mean the whole collector community is stupid enough to bite.

#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

When people STOP buying the prices will go down.

That time is NOW. JJP trying to pass off the BOM of an SE as an LE with a lame fourth movie theme for more money is the turning point. I would rather own any AP game or even Ultraman before buying this disappointment

20220618_152935 (resized).jpg20220618_152935 (resized).jpg
#4613 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m taking a wild guess here.I bet I can safely say you have nothing positive to say about JJP games and rave reveiws for Stern games right?
You have been going on for days here and you just keep coming up with negatives.I love how you compare JJP games from the past as being better.You had nothing good to say about them either at the time!You are simply a fanboy.
I have admitted to rooting for Jack from the beginning but I do not go to Stern threads to just talk shit like you do here. Just quit already

I've owned a Hobbit, GNR, WOZ and POTC. Been looking for a DI and Wonka. Plenty critical of Stern especially with the latest Rush scoop fiasco and continued coil stop failures out of the box. Instead of insisting I quit being critical of JJP's Toy Suck, maybe look in the mirror and ask why you are so defensive of such a lame theme with less BOM for a higher asking price.

#4617 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, you must be easily bothered. RUSH scoop fiasco? What, having to purchase a 3rd party protector that is more aesthetically pleasing is a big deal to you? Sure, it's a bummer that manufacturers don't do a great job protecting the PF (on occasion), however it's really minor. Do you like the game? For games I love, it's really easy to get past the minor manufacturer issues. Shit, took me 2 months to dial-in Rick and Morty, but it was a labor of love since the game is so amazing.

Plenty of Rush owners like myself that weren't happy to have to immediately change the scoop protector out, not a quick five minute job either. I've had to do plenty to R&M also, point is every manufacturer deserves to be called out when they deserve it.

#4621 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Have many post did you make about Rush scoop?What I’m complaining about is the way you go on and on like you want to stop anybody from buying any game from JJP.Most everybody here got it after day two.I’ve already stated days ago that I wasn’t happy with them having to do TS4.I also posted I wanted them to do a B/W JJP encompassing first three movies!
I also stated I was disappointed about the lack of cool mechs and crazy pricing!If you had bothered to actually read what I said about bean counters being in charge.
So I don’t blindly support JJP I just hope they can get back to their original mission and not just become another Stern.

You would see me posting negatively the TS 4 club thread if I was trying to stop anyone from buying the game but let's be real here, negative comments on Pinside isn't going to block anyone from buying it. It's cool that you are critical of them on certain things, only way they get the message to go back to the WOZ glory days is for people to vote with their wallet.

#4624 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bring it on! Is the guy in leather Gimp from Pulp Fiction?

bane (resized).jpgbane (resized).jpg
#4637 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Watching somebody discuss WOZ “glory days” over any shooter pinball by Lawlor tells me that people’s taste in pinball varies incredibly. I’ve got a WOZ and I’d almost rather just look at it than play it!

One of the best theme immersions there is and packed with mechs/toys. Game shot good enough for me but the curses and left outlane pop bumper pissed me off eventually and sold it.

#4670 1 year ago
cat (resized).jpgcat (resized).jpg
#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Guy gets GC and complains about slingshot to left outlane, “feels like the game is designed for player to fail”. Looks like he could shoot the right ramp all day.

It's Walt Wood, #55 ranked player in the world and a top player in CO.

#4720 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yup.. That is me the sucker paying CE NIB price! I’ll gladly take the hit. I’m fully aware if I decide to sell/trade it in the future, it’s value will go down (unless I find the right buyer). That will be a few years down the road.
Im good with that as I know I’m gonna have a blast playing this game.
I agree if JJP kept the price the same as Wonka, there would be less complaining.
The nearest pinball arcade center near me is at least 2 hours drive one way. Time is my main factor driving me to buy this game.
With my 3rd baby on the way I’m sure the wife will not want to drive just to play some pins.

Most people were expecting a price increase but not the theme solely focused on the fourth movie and them stripping mechs/toys out of the game to a Stern pro level. Glad your happy and excited but sadly many are very disappointed what's under the hood for 12-15K.

f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpgf35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
#4759 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Has anyone consider that perhaps JJP game construction is by design?

Yes, all designed to give you way less while raking in record profits. Problem is they went too far and will suffer financially for it IMO.

#4769 1 year ago

At JJP headquarters...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#4788 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"It's just where the market is".
People are having a tough time coming to grips with that fact. Like it or not. I understand it's crazy and ridiculous but it is what it is for now. It doesn't seem to be coming to a screeching halt yet.
Here's a good example, Thunderbird was over in the Munsters thread pumping up the LE sale at $17,500 and saying it's going a lot higher because of how great the game is. I have one, and I love mine but............... $17,500 and up?
THAT is the problem right there. Yes prices are insane but people now EXPECT to buy a game for X and sell it a LOT higher for Y.
What did you think was going to happen? The "money grabs"? Take a peek at the Pinside Marketplace. It's not one or two, it's across the board.
The idea that a pin manufacturer has gone there price wise is shocking, or is it?

ice (resized).jpgice (resized).jpg
#4852 1 year ago

DeAngelo beat game right after first warm up game, right flipper got weak on him. Zmeny saying all the dislike in chat is forced

#4910 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

If somehow Pinside AI was here. The best feature it could have would be to suppress bantering back and forth between individuals in what is clearly a mean spirited conversation. It would save the rest of us hours of our life so we don't have to page through this BS. What I am looking for in this thread is constructive feedback on TS4 and more curious about gameplay as it is now out in the wild. I love JJP pins and really like Pat's designs. The more I read, I think a lot of people may have been a little harsh out of the gate. With that said, this is why constructive feedback is really needed. This stuff is really expensive and real information is very helpful for those on the fence.
The direct digs at people on here are amazing. I really do wonder what people's motives are when they post so much hate? Is it that important to them to bash a given manufacturer because they own a competing brand? Really? It also astounds me how brave people can be behind a keyboard.
I will send anyone that wants a chill pill for free
Let's maybe try to be a tad kinder to one another? This is a hobby and frankly it is supposed to be recreation, right?
Peace
Dave

You say you want constructive feedback but admit you love JJP pins so what that really means is tell me only positive things to reassure my purchase. I get the love and defense of this company because they were the first to challenge Stern and bring much needed innovation to pinball but you have to call out mistakes when they make them. Choosing the fourth movie theme and charging 12k plus for less mechs/toys were mistakes. Some decisions are polarizing like the code simplification and sound, seems like some people like it and others don't. Game does shoot well and looks fun but will the enjoyment last long enough for people to buy it and keep it in their collection, time will tell.

#5045 1 year ago
brit (resized).jpgbrit (resized).jpg
#5058 1 year ago
homer1 (resized).jpghomer1 (resized).jpgmarge1 (resized).jpgmarge1 (resized).jpghomer.gifhomer.gif
#5241 1 year ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

I find all the negativity here amusing. TS4 is a game, an expensive game, frankly out of the reach for many people to purchase. Those that can afford it will ultimately make the decision as to whether or not it's worth buying. I have not owned pins for that long, yet I now own 5 and waiting on 3, including Elvira, CCr and yes a Toy Store 4 CE. I buy them based on what looks fun to play and a theme I like. I bought the Munsters because I liked the theme, people panned it, yet the new code updates make it, in my opinion, almost an entirely different game than the one I bought. Its actually a favorite among my guests and casual players. Sometimes a Glitzy looking game or one with a great theme that isn't overly deep is actually a positive, especially for those who aren't that into pinball but just want to flip a few games and see what score they can get. My wife falls into that category. I've never owned a JJP Game before so I am curious how it compares to my Stern games. I will reserve judgement as to whether my purchase of TS4 is a mistake although if I based my decision on what I'm reading here its an epic disaster.

I'm glad you're amused but it was just a big disappointment for many that the fourth movie was the theme, less game for more money and no new toys/mechs. I will flip it on location eventually and have fun, just not enough there for some to justify purchasing it. Munsters would not have had a code update if the criticism didn't happen so some good can come from negativity, same with GB and Spooky getting the message to release games more complete at the start.

#5300 1 year ago
20220629_164508 (resized).jpg20220629_164508 (resized).jpgbruh (resized).jpgbruh (resized).jpg
#5343 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m thinking the FOMO sales tactic is over for Spooky Damon.
Flippers got screwed.
Spooky needs to just sell a game and see who wants it without the drama. Pump the brakes

Depends on if they do it differently than last time and learning from there mistakes. Need to stream the game and status of the code before it goes up for sale to get the trust back.

#5354 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Disaster for Spooky going forward. They burned their base HARD. That sellout was because people TRUSTED Spooky due to accumulated goodwill, and that loss is not easy to charge up again. That trust was OBLITERATED with Halloween/Ultraman. Look at the marketplace. People selling a top of the line Ultraman for $6700. That's DUMPING. If Spooky is really are doing a double release AGAIN, they learned nothing and it will be very interesting soon.

They made mistakes and need to correct them but not the disaster you are claiming yet. Plenty of people got their games and are enjoying them with code still being worked on with new animators/coders hired. I'll believe the future double release rumor when I see it, they would have to mega staff up to make it work.

#5379 1 year ago
a (resized).jpga (resized).jpgfarmer (resized).jpgfarmer (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’d say it’s more because most people are getting them and realizing all the hating in this thread is nonsense and that it’s a great game. Is it the all-ending greatest game ever designed/built like some of us were expecting (including me), maybe not, but it’s a really good fun shooter that may be too easy for pros but certainly not for most of us, and one that will stay in my collection.
The more people playing it the more irrelevant all these posts hating become. But it’s fun to see how charged up people get!

Too you it's hate and to others it's honesty, a really good fun shooter can be said about plenty of other games for half the price.

#5458 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Were you same guys honest about Led Zeppelin when it came out?
Yea I didn’t think so.Before you fucking scream fanboy I’ve already stated I haven’t played the game but I was very disappointed in it being TS 4 and the lack of toys in a Toy Story pin!Led Zep looked like shit and most of you guys got very defensive of Stern’s new game

I owned a used LZ LE for about a month and sold it, was meh to me but probably would enjoyed better if the music spoke to me more. Why would I "scream" anything, are you doing okay? Looking forward to playing this on location, just wouldn't own one for obvious reasons stated before.

#5466 1 year ago
nana.gifnana.gif
#5486 1 year ago
hissy.gifhissy.gif
#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Something's wrong. We haven't had a single stuck ball.

Could be that more newbies are playing it and their wilder shots are causing it.

#5630 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Don’t see how people say this pin is so easy, I own one and I struggle to get past 2 mil and I think I’m a pretty good player. I do have the pin set up tuff.
Flippers setting are raised
Slings settings are raised
No rubbers in the outlanes.
I had friends over who are pretty high rank and they agreed it’s not easy as people say.

Are you focused on completing the game or playing for points? Heard people say you have to get to "Meet me at the Carousel" twice to fully complete the wizard mode, kinda the same stuff over again just harder with same ending result. Compared to a game like JP where it has three mini wizards, Escape from Nublar and When Dinosaurs roamed the earth it is an easier game

#5677 1 year ago
20220717_184033 (resized).jpg20220717_184033 (resized).jpggiphy (5).gifgiphy (5).gif
1 week later
#5887 1 year ago

Well it was inevitable...Gabby Gabby taking on multiple balls to the face has revealed her true nature as Dirty Gabby. The Bensons were disgusted but Ken was kinda down with it.

ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpgken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 35.00
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.