(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4528 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Without question, this pin IS the most polarizing pin realease I can remember in a while. That simple fact is difficult to ignore. I can't imagine everyone who hates it already will truly hate it, and I'm sure the some early adopters will not be as totally on board as they are now. But with SO much divide, this is clearly not the release JJP was hoping for. Whether or not the pin is good, bad, or whatever will be decided in 6 months not the first 6 days..

dialed in got hit pretty hard on release. Everyone thought it was a game about a cell phone, mom jeans and how out of touch pat lawlor was. How the tide has turned on that one.

3 weeks later
#5488 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

It’s not my video or game, it came through my YouTube feed and I had a shorter but similar experience on the location game I played, 30 seconds and then it kicked it to the left outlane.

I have the game and that’s never happened to me, or anyone else who has played it. Most likely, the game is not leveled properly and just needs to be made steeper. I have my game set at 6.8 degrees. I will say, however, the most dangerous part of the game is the right outlane from the left sling, but if you’ve played recent stern games, it’s not much different. Sterns sling shots are way too powerful on stock settings and easily throw it in the outlanes.

#5601 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looking all the way up to the backbox monitor is less convenient than looking where you're already directed on the PF. SEE: Cirqus Voltaire, Dialed In, Hobbit, GnR, etc

yeah, the tablet does a much better job of feeding you info on what to hit and I like having that info as I rarely look up at the backbox when playing. However, it really should have been built into the backboard or a smaller monitor like hobbit/GnR and the tablet area could have been something more special. That’s just it with this game, it’s really fun to shoot and I like it a lot, but it just could have been so much more.

#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the lag on Tiki Pinball is TERRIBLE. I tried some virtual flipper cooling fans, but they didn't help.
The weird thing is the physics seem to be wrong for where the ball is on the flipper vs how much kick you get when the flipper activates. But that could be down to lag.

When di first came out, there was a lot of lag on the phone with the animations and sound. It was fixed I think with software updates. This is out of my league, but wonder if a software update can address the lag. Agree it’s pretty bad. It is cool, however, that’s the game pops activate during video mode.

1 week later
#5933 1 year ago

I’m a big fan of the game, but from an operator standpoint, the price has to be tough. For 12k, you could nearly buy two stern pros. So the question becomes, can toy story out earn gz and mando? Or rush and stranger things? Maybe, maybe not, but that’s how I’d think about it.

#5960 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Makes sense...Pro's are a win/win for many ops. Also interesting relative to the JJP discussion...my buddy manages an awesome Pinball Museum (https://silverballmuseum.com/delray-beach/) and has remarked how the JJP games have much more down time than the Stern games (and he is an incredible pinball tech and restorer).

This is inconsistent with the silverball museum in NJ, which is the same owner as the one in delray. Silverball in asbury has no stern games. They used to have some, but got rid of them because of reliability issues. They have always had jjp games there.

2 months later
#6001 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That thread is close to dead to.

What do you want people to talk about? The code is pretty much complete and there are few issues with the game mechanically. Those two topics are most of what people tend to discuss. The theme turned quite a few people off as did the price. My guess is that given those two factors, there aren’t that many people that own the game and so participation in an owners thread will be lower. Personally, I owned an LE and really liked it, but for business reasons, I had to sell it

#6003 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So. Few have it and not much to talk about.
Isn´t that pretty much a disaster, esp considering the anticipation beforehand.

I thought that was what this thread was about.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.