(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 2 years ago

The reality about qc is this. Early buyers get screwed. I ordered my gnr day 1 and while frustrated about the long wait, I got it after all the play field issues were well known and my game looks good as new after several months and plays. I was an early buyer, got lucky mine was delayed, and learned a lucky lesson. I simply will not order a first run game anymore. I will be patient. Sucks, but it’s for the better. I love jjp games, and toy story is the game I’ve been waiting for since the rumor started, so I’m buying it, but I will be patient and let them work out any kinks. I advise others to be patient as well.

1 month later
#155 2 years ago

I’ve been waiting several years for toy story after the initial rumor. No other company release is ever as exciting as a jjp release. I’m definitely in. I bought gnr le day 1, didn’t like the play field issues at all, and fortunately my day 1 order was so backordered that I got it in June after all the fixes started coming from factory. My gnr is perfect and amazing in every way even after a ton of plays. I may not order day 1 on toy story, but I’m getting one no matter what. Just let the initial kinks get worked out and then order one.

1 month later
#187 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

No doubt! But I think what you're seeing is the cab art for the GNR LE (the concert posters).

I went back and looked at the 3 different gnr sides, and I can’t line any of them up with the ones in this picture. I agree, I originally thought gnr le poster art, but it doesn’t seem to match the colors of the le side. Hmmm. Interesting if it’s a new art package for gnr or something different

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There's another cab with the same art to the left and slightly obstructed. Looks to have the LE head and I agree, can't seem to make any of the 3 cabinet art packages line up.

Yeah, definitely a wonka behind it, but then same cab on the left of the yellow pole. Definitely looks like gnr heads, but that side art doesn’t match up with any current gnr art. Very odd

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Wow! How much were the SE’s NIB of the older models upon release? Say GnR.

$6500 originally

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So these prices are confirmed? I thought people were just guessing.

They’re guessing. Nothing confirmed, and they better not go up again for toy story

2 months later
#415 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

JJP posted a picture on Instagram today, a bunch of guys in front of a 3D Printer. The printer is loaded with green wire, so I say that's a Toy story alien !

Army men and aliens!!

#416 1 year ago

Pinballstar stated gnr production ends soon. We’re getting close!

#439 1 year ago

It would be cool if one of the pinballs included with the game was that red ball with the yellow star hiding in all the movies.

2 weeks later
#504 1 year ago

It’s not buzz light year!! People questioned the same thing about wonka, asking if it was depps wonka. Jjp understands what we want, and it is 100% the original toy story. I’m curious if it will be multiple movies or just the 1st though. Can’t wait to see it.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not really...because apparently they think we want chipping and pooling playfields (with no warranty) from Mirco...

Completely off topic but thanks for the valuable contribution in regards to which movie it’s based off of

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What if it was only Toy Story 4? Why are you assuming you're getting Toy Story 1?

Dude, it’s not going to be based on only one of the 4 movies unless it’s part 1. I’m assuming it’s part 1, and possibly parts 1-4 based off of common sense. Why would you assume it’s not using part 1? When has any other pin based off of a movie franchise not used the primary 1st movie?

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

This isn't very uncommon.
Terminator 2, Terminator 3, & Lethal Weapon 3 are some pretty common ones.
The Stern Batman game was based off of the 3rd batman in the trilogy.
You could make arguments for Star Wars Episode 1 pinball machine being the 4th movie in the series.

Very true, but the difference was those games were all released to coincide with the movie releases. This is a game based off of past movies. The toy story franchise is a classic all time great, and It would be like if stern would have done a sw pin based off solely rotg. It wouldn’t happen. This pin will be either just the 1st movie, or the whole line of movies.

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Indiana Jones 4. Like you said, not super-uncommon.

Again, released to coincide with the movie release. BIG difference here

#545 1 year ago

The only way it’s not based on the original movies is if they couldn’t secure assets, and they went the Jurassic park route like stern did. Doubtful, as Eric stated that jjp wasn’t going to do any pin they couldn’t get the assets for after gnr was done. Since TS has been in the works long before that comment, it could have been something they were working on getting and hence the delay of the game, pushing it back after wonka and gnr. We’ll see soon enough, and I’m confident it’s not light year, or based off of only 1 of the movies after part 1.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not so much. Schedules change. Games get switched around. Toy Story X was in development for a long time, and could have been intended to coincide with the Summer 2019 movie release, but things changed and we got Wonka instead.

Noted.
Only a matter of weeks before we find out what's what.

Yep, only time will tell. Nobody would give a crap about light year, and jjp knows what toy story fans want. Can’t wait to see it revealed.

1 week later
#559 1 year ago

I see 2 different faces hiding back in there.

#579 1 year ago

Late May release rumor

2 weeks later
#938 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

GnR has skeletons fornicating, just saying.

I agree. Guess he thinks gnr is too family friendly ‍

#946 1 year ago

Rocky would be awesome!!!

#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think Toy Story is coming soon in beginning of June sometime (just a guess of course)What I’m curious about is why the seemingly long delay for title to be released?Was there an issue with needed songs,animations or was it for complicated mechanisms?

I remember hearing the original contract with Disney didn’t have rights to movie assets. The potc didn’t have movie clips of any actors, and it caused a big stir with fans not having assets. Game turned out ok, but assets would have been amazing. Jack supposedly went back, and negotiated assets. Again, that’s the rumor so who knows.

1 week later
#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think Harry Potter would make for an awesome pin! Just like The Matrix, it’s got all the ingredients, flying, magic, creatures and castles!

IMO it would be an instant buy only if jjp did it though. Stern would skimp out on the magic, and it would be a let down like Star Wars.

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Doesn’t it seem logical that information such as that will be announced at the reveal? Discussing game features prior to mentioning the game at all seems odd.

Exactly what I thought

#1652 1 year ago

CE buyers get a retirement dinner with Pat.

#1805 1 year ago

Everybody PayPal me $5 and I’ll give you my best prediction for jjps next game

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

HELLO EVERYONE...BEEN AWAY FOR SOME TIME.....GOING TO GET CAUGHT UP THIS WEEK AND BUY SOME OVERDUE MODS I HAVE BEEN WANTING...
NOTICE MY CAPS!!!!!
AND......
ITS 3AM....
ALREADY TEXTED JOE.....

What good does it do to text Joe early? According to him he doesn’t take names for a CE list and it’s supposed to be fair game for everybody. You saying you get out on the list before everybody else?

#1862 1 year ago

That is one sexy picture

#2083 1 year ago

There really isn’t a more exciting release in pinball than a jjp release. Can’t wait!!

#2104 1 year ago

Really hoping this isn’t based on ts4 only. If it is, I’ll have to wait and see. You wouldn’t see a crane, Sid, Zurg, and so many classic scenes. Not that it can’t still be great, but that was the weakest of the movies imo, and I’ll be disappointed if it is. Guess we’ll see tomorrow. This is a major dream theme for me, but really just the first two movies. Can’t wait to see it.

#2134 1 year ago

The hype train will slow waaay down if this is only ts4. I have a really difficult time believing it’s only ts4 though. I’m sure regardless the game will be beautiful, packed, cool and fun, but the main nostalgic story is what everybody wants, and this would take a hit if only ts4. We’ll see soon enough I guess.

#2477 1 year ago

The long, much anticipated wait for my dream franchise finally hits, and it’s not my dream theme. It’s like hearing they got rocky and it’s only rocky 4. It’s like hearing they got back to the future and it’s only part 3. My nostalgia lies only with part 1-2. Potato head, Rex, army men, Sid, zurg, the claaaaaw! I’m so happy I didn’t put down on a CE for this after all. I will say the game still looks great, and I’m excited to see it, but a big part of it will always leave me feeling empty and unfulfilled because of the movie choice. I can see how it’s probably easier to make a pinball story from part 4 based around a carnival atmosphere, but still. I hope it’s amazing. I hope it has movie assets and great callouts. I hope it’s just really fun. I’m also happy that the LE is blue so I don’t have to add another red game to my already red lineup at home. That all said, I have no doubt that it will be an amazing game that I will absolutely love and it could still potentially become a favorite of mine, even over my gnr.

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The long, much anticipated wait for my dream franchise finally hits, and it’s not my dream theme. It’s like hearing they got rocky and it’s only rocky 4. It’s like hearing they got back to the future and it’s only part 3. My nostalgia lies only with part 1-2. Potato head, Rex, army men, Sid, zurg, the claaaaaw! I’m so happy I didn’t put down on a CE for this after all. I will say the game still looks great, and I’m excited to see it, but a big part of it will always leave me feeling empty and unfulfilled because of the movie choice. I can see how it’s probably easier to make a pinball story from part 4 based around a carnival atmosphere, but still. I hope it’s amazing. I hope it has movie assets and great callouts. I hope it’s just really fun. I’m also happy that the LE is blue so I don’t have to add another red game to my already red lineup at home. I have no doubt either that it will be a fun hit at my house, and still potentially beat out gnr as my favorite game though.

#2498 1 year ago

Can somebody please make an LE topper out of the claaaaaw that comes down and grabs forky out of my game?!?!?

#2528 1 year ago

Jjp- we got the karate kid license!

Me- sweet! I get to fight up to Johnny in the game, chase Elizabeth Shue, train with miyagi, and fight cobra Kai skeletons!!!

Jjp- uh, no! You get to skip the tournament, and go straight to Mike Barnes. There’s no love interest, no cobra Kai, and some bonsai tree trimming. It’s karate kid 3

Me- ……….

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

People are ready to spend their money on Back to the Future trilogy pinball.

It will be the trilogy, just minus parts 1-2

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bwahahaha! Yep, best analogy I’ve seen.
Honestly though, is anyone all that surprised here? JJP, with the exception of GnR, has really struggled in the theme selection department since their inception. None of their themes, with the exception of GnR, have blown the collector community away. I don’t blame them for Hobbit…they took a bet it would be of similar quality to LOTR and were just wrong. But POTC without Jack Sparrow? Dialed In?

I have zero problems with their theme selections. Actually I love their themes. The problem lies with the lack of assets after hobbit. Woz and hobbit set a standard that since has fallen short on every game. Wonka had the asset, but the coder decided to make bad choices on how to use them, or more appropriately not use them. Anyway, I’m excited to see this game, just not nearly as excited as I was 24 hours ago

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

There's a huge exception to this observation: GnR. That game is the gold-standard for assets in a music pin. They had full concert footage including concert-generated imagery, all put to great and extensive use in-game.

Yeah, you’re right. Guess I was thinking only of the movie licenses. I will say though I was really disappointed at first learning gnr was based on the current tour. I wanted old videos and assets. That said, I absolutely love what they did with gnr and it’s my favorite game I own by far. I’ll have to see what this ts4 turns out to be first and give it a chance. Toy story is a top 3 theme for me, and my disappointment right now is high. Feels like the Star Wars release all over again

#2766 1 year ago

I will say, the pop up mold does look really good. I’m excited to see this game, but it will never be the one I’d hoped for. Going to give it a chance though, and I’m sure I’ll get an LE after all the kinks are worked out.

#3531 1 year ago

I’m really torn over this. I’ve been waiting years since the rumor leak for this ONE game. TS4 was just ok, as my love and nostalgia lie in part 1-2, maybe some of 3. I almost bought into the fomo hype last week and tried to get a CE spot. Turned out I’m so happy I didn’t. Sight unseen is a joke!! So happy the images leaked earlier than order banks, and gave me time to slow down and process some thoughts.

TS4 is the worst of the series, and has zero nostalgic tie to most of us.

Most of our favorite characters aren’t even a real part of the movie or game(Rex, potato head, army men, pig, etc).

No real magic is seen in this game(new mechs).

Price is way too much for this. (It literally has cake toppers for the figures) sigh!

CE offers pretty much nothing worth much other than a cool topper.

Feels like the lcd has become the focal point in a lot of newer games rather than kinetic toys

Game feels more like a toy than a premium game we’re used to at jjp (maybe I’ll feel different in person).

Most of all, as much love and excitement I had for this title, I shouldn’t have this much confusion on what to think. It should have been an absolute for me.

That said, the game looks beautiful as usual, the code will probably be good, it’s probably a fun game (which is most important), and I can now sit back, relax, no fomo, and just watch how the game unfolds before I decide to buy. It’s actually a relief not getting caught up in the fomo hype. Congrats to jjp and team for a good looking game, getting what looks like great assets and callouts. Even though it’s not what I was hoping for, I’m willing to give it a reasonable chance and consider getting one down the road.

#3534 1 year ago

Operation pinball distributor in Iowa just now. What a joke. Seriously

FDAB72E5-CA0E-43AB-A78F-0C2086AE7B27 (resized).pngFDAB72E5-CA0E-43AB-A78F-0C2086AE7B27 (resized).png

#3577 1 year ago

So in the video, I believe Joe Katz said you beat the game with buzz first. If you start going through again, it’s with woody. Does that mean we’ll see different Scenes the second time through or what was he referring to?

#3585 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Can you change the girls bash head out for Zurg or something ? Is it’s name Amber ?

Gabby Gabby I think

1 week later
#5194 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jaws, BTTF, He-man - they’re all coming

Wait!!! Did you say he-man?!?!? Do tell what you heard on that

3 weeks later
#5832 1 year ago

My guess is they just couldn’t get the lag fixed. How could jjp remove lag when major video game companies can’t even barely get virtual pinball to not have any lag? They just couldn’t fix it, and I’m guessing it is what it is.

#5848 1 year ago

Gladly filled mine out. Lack of magic and choice of ts4 over the nostalgic 1st movie was mentioned as my reason for not buying.

#5886 1 year ago

I think I’d pull the face out and add clear coat on it to help protect the paint better, and clean it safely

2 months later
#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

For those who had played enough TS4 and Wonka, how similar are the shots to one another?

Wonder the same myself. I’m interested in both wonka and ts. How easy is wonka to understand for casual guests? Is one more fun than the other?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.