(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 2 years ago

Anyone know of a dealer I can get on a list for a CE?

Thanks

10 months later
#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Are there new rumors suggesting a TPF reveal? Several weeks ago it was reported that they will not be doing a TPF reveal I thought. At any rate, very excited for the next Lawlor title. Wonka is my favorite pin all time.

The real issue with Willy is it grows on you, just got done playing it for an hour and could not hit the three ramp combo!!!!!!

Seems I like that game more and more and it is my oldest machine in the line up.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Covering up potential problem areas does not fix the issue. I understand certain people are content with washers and will buy Toy Story anyway.

Can you help me understand how this is not a fix?

The problem no longer persist.

There are many parts on many machines like grommets to avoid wear. It may not be the old way of doing things but if there are no issues to date with this how is this not a "fix"

If I removed plastic washers from appliances I have or my vehicle it surely would create issues. Part of progress to me.

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Does it move to the washers?
I haven't heard of anyone still having issues with the plastic washers, though I haven't really been looking too hard. Do you know of an example of this?
From my understanding the issue is with the clear coat not being 100% cured by the time it reaches people houses.
I would expect the washers to disperse the impact of the post enough preventing this from happening and after a long enough timeframe, the coating would be completely cured, preventing the issue from ever occurring.
That being said, I still struggle to comprehend how widespread the issue really is. I've played a lot of JJP games at many locations and have never noticed the issue on them and I always look. Their games tend to have plenty of other issues, but the clear coat bubbling isn't one I've witnessed.
This all makes me believe that in a HUO setting, with the plastic washers, it would be very unlikely for the issue to occur.
That being said, JJP's complete dismissal of the issue and unwillingness to help those effected is definitely a problem that should not be taken lightly. They should've stepped up and done something for those effected. These games are priced as a luxury item, you would expect customer service that matches the cost.

They did for me. I have a brand new playfield from my distro.

1 month later
#506 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not really...because apparently they think we want chipping and pooling playfields (with no warranty) from Mirco...

And if the CE sells out day one they got it right

1 month later
#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anybody know of a distributor with a CE spot, please let me know. A friend is in search of one.
LTG : )

i remember asking you this question, you told me to call a JJP distro

#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It does say LE is limited to 5K. Have past LE titles been at 5K also?
Doesn’t say how many CE’s

Have the amount of CE's been verified? This will determine if I buy or not, 500 yes 1,000 no way.

#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes. 1,000.[quoted image]

Thanks well 2 spots for CE's just opened up for the rest of the guys wanting a CE. Definitely sitting this one out.

Good luck guys!!!

#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hope so! Definitely got our moneys worth on Wonka.

My math is a bit different, buy for 10k play 10k games is not a buck a play, cuz you are selling it for 10k and selling it for 9k is still a bargain hobby!!!!

You got a great attitude!!!!! And with that attitude I bet you live a fun happy life. Thanks for all you do for us others in this hobby Derek!

#3381 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sidepoint, isn't it ironic, and sad, that Pat's first PINBALL game had possibly the best "second screen" usage via Banzai Run, and possibly his last involves a shitty iPad?

This is so funny I seriously laughed out loud and I have never even seen a Banzi Run! You are a funny dude!!

#3435 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you bought a CE today, you’ve already made money.
[quoted image]

I had three distributors call me today to see if I wanted a CE.

I understand the hype train but something smells funny on this release.

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Me thinks the $11k GnRs are going to sell out pretty quick now. Lots of unhappy TS fans.

Think of the value a Wonka CE is right now.

#3554 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Question for all those that have had a lot of hands on with past Lawlor JJP games, which is his best shooting game (ignoring theme) talking just the shots here… wonka? Dialled in?

Wonka

#3761 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Look like Toy Story 6 to me. Oh wait it's a clock.

CE spots down to 1,500.00

Halloween did not even drop this quick

Have any CE spots been sold yet? If so how much.

It will be refreshing to see a the first dealer post up a machine at MSRP.

#3762 1 year ago

CE spots down to 1,500.00
Halloween did not even drop this quick
Have any CE spots been sold yet? If so how much.
It will be refreshing to see a the first dealer post up a machine at MSRP.

#4054 1 year ago

So lots of dealers with LE's for July delivery, does that mean JJP did not hit this one out of the park? Oh I should have clarified July of 2022

#4108 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Wonka’s a really good game. When people come over to my house they almost immediately go to Wonka or at least play it a few times before they leave. It's more than likely my family's favorite as well.
I've heard people say plenty of times it's the best JJP machine out there and I have to agree it might be, I've played them all.
The theme integration is there with the modes, art, good use of the license, etc, etc. The toys are pretty cool too, and the sound is better than decent, with plenty of movie call-outs, etc.
I'm shortly arriving at the point where I'm going to have to make some room if I want additional games. I've considered Wonka as one of the games to let go but every time right after I play it I always say, I'm keeping this game which I more than likely will.
With that being said, TS4 isn't Wonka at all.
IMO, TS4 appears to be a watered-down Wonka clone mixed with no good golfers, with an Amazon fire tablet slapped on the upper playfield. (No thank you).
I would never pay 15k for TS4 or 12 or even 9k. It honestly doesn't do anything for me. (I haven't played it and I'm not too interested at this point).
While I'm at it, I'm done placing non-refundable deposits down on these expensive toys. I've rolled the dice enough!!
For me to invest this type of money into your products in the future, it better be worth it!! This Sir is not.

"You get NOTHING good day sir"

So funny do your friends just laugh when they get that call out? Nothing comes close to making one talk to a pin as that one!

#4117 1 year ago

I hope the pinsider begging to have someone find him a CE at MSRP was able to buy that pin. I gotta feeling more CE's will be hitting the market place coming up.

So can we officially say Jack (customers fault) was not accurate in his claim all the machines were sold yesterday?

#4318 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP is 100% responsible for every part that goes into their machines.

What percentage is the customers fault?

#4476 1 year ago

I really want a OZ. My selfish thinking is hey lower demand for T4 may have JJP turn out another WOZ.

What cha think? Derek do you have a WOZ?

#4618 1 year ago

I do not understand how so many dealers can have stock of this pin right now ready for delivery. How many will JJP pump out until they feel the distro are full?

Could this be the first pin in years that available upon release?

#4761 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This is why I dislike most modern games.
Multiball should be something that you work towards. Something earned.
Look at the great 90s titles like Addams. There’s a lot of skill and work to get towards the big Multiball. MB is a reward , and you get a big fanfare for doing it.
Most of the new games - mb after mb after mb after mb. It’s just boring.
rd

How many casual players can earn a multiball on Addams? I hated it on location cuz I didn’t have the money to learn how to play it.

Multiball is fun, what percentage of players should get to play it? That’s the delima every manufacturer deals with.

Watch a good player earn a multiball and never get on yourself = game sucks to hard.

Played Addams last night and loved it!

#4902 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorted already. Turns out the right flipper didn't have a coil sleeve installed.
Not something he could do live, but once he could move stuff out of the way, he figured out the problem quickly.

Wonder how long it is before Jack lets us know that missing coil sleeve was Karls fault.

#5078 1 year ago

I am glad to see a distro discounting this game, will be interesting to see if others follow suit. Wonder if itwill drop to SE level?

#5083 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So… what are the odds a distro selling CE for a discount??? Or would this apply to LE’s right now?

I do not think you will see CE discounted, although it is hard for me to believe spots for CE's are not even worth 1,000.

I am only aware of discounts from MSRP on LE's

#5131 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This notion that JJP has gone for a cash grab, or is milking money, at their current pricing is ridiculous.
They are a business with a sole purpose to make MONEY. They will charge what they need to charge to cover costs and hit their goals. Get over it.
When was the last time you walked into your employer’s office and said, “Hey boss, you know that $180K you pay me? Let’s drop that down to $140k. It feels like the right thing to do.”
When??? NEVER.
And if you were running JJP, you wouldn’t run some charity case of a company. Especially when you see the market prices people are paying for secondhand games and silly little pieces of plastic mods, paired with the fact that inflation and supply chain/staffing issues are blowing up. And if you did run the business in a manner that eliminates margins, you’d find yourself without line workers and the ability to pay R/D. You’d also find yourself on the street looking for a job.

Google priced out of the market business plan

#5143 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I think the bubble will burst when the next generation comes of age. That would be my kids and most millennials.
Highly unlikely they will buy new pinball machines or used for that matter. They don't care about nostalgia like all of us here on Pinside.
The demographic will change once us 40+ year plus olds stop buying or slow down.
Just my 2 cents.

LMAO

My kid never played T2 at our house growing up. He has 2 pins now and bought a cCrLE and wants a new stern TBA as well.

#5177 1 year ago

What sums up the popularity of TS4 is how one can buy a LE for MSRP from many places and it was just released. First time in a long time that has happened.

But if you want a Zilla premium you gotta pay about 2-3k over MSRP if you want one now.

Money talks and Jacks bullchiat walks.

1 week later
#5406 1 year ago
Quoted from Scucci_:

Glad I saw this. My right coil is super weak, NO CHANCE of getting up the left ramp with it. Took a peak... sure enough, no coil sleeve on the right flipper. Checked the left... no sleeve there either. Neither the left, nor right flipper coils, had sleeves. So, I'll get those put in and see if that gets us anywhere... not thrilled...

You should not have taken them out. As per Jack

#5436 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

LE# 435 delivered today. It looks great and I really think it is a nice add to my collection of JJP games. So far it is fun to play and the animations and call outs are fun. No regrets whatsoever here.

That is awesome to hear!!! What your favorite part of the game play?

#5490 1 year ago

I thought it was super cool when the game I was playing did it about 20 times, I was a little disappointed when it ended as was literally laughing while watching it.

#5502 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This is just really hard to wrap my head around.

I am trying to figure why it is my current favorite game in my line up. Maybe I need some new games, or higher rated games.

I can't wrap my head around it as well, just so much stupid fun playing it. I was so close to pure imagination today!!!! Stupid Vador Golden ticket!!! Sometimes it is my first ticket of game and usually it is the one holding me back from PI!

#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka is our favorite too. I find most people really like it once they wrap their head around the code.

Funny part is the code is wide and far but simple to understand, not like JP I still don’t know what I am supposed to be doing.

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Your collection is why. I would rate 90% of your other games as better than Wonka. The upper flipper shots are bad.(that weird little short side ramp shot?) The right ramp is way to wide(to accommodate poor shot design). Left outlane way to brutal (to accommodate otherwise too easy of a layout). Video assets don’t gel with game action. And of course horrible flipper system. But hey, different strokes, I suppose.

I for the life of me can’t wrap my head around this.

I love that upper flipper should say upper flippers it’s like its own game in a game when I start nailing the spinner and camera ramp, on a bad shot to the spinner you may land in the saucer. That right ramp is also awesome when one wants to get a little chocolate going factory ramp to gobstopper ramp making sure the red light is off when the ball comes through. Light the gum targets and that left out lane is out off play 100%.

Ha ha ha not a better game where the videos line up. What video is the worst for you?

Are you new to pinball?

Maybe my line up sucks so I am forced to like my Willie.

#5534 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

your lineup looks great, I don't think that's the problem!

Funny part is your collection is my wishlist!!!! Maybe not GB for me, kids loved it but draino issues for me.

#5546 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

do you "really" need to play a game to know if its for you or not ?
of course, playing/testing it in real will be the better, but to me (hardcore player), its enough by just watching a (good !) stream (in this case Karl DA)

So how do you determine what a game "feels like when playing it" without playing it?

Some times a girl can be way different then her looks "Whole Lot of Rosie" AC/DC you could be missing out.

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Maybe you’re not hardcore?

Reb out of fairness since you may be new here, no one on this site I am aware of plays more games then Derrick. (@zaphx)

#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not to be pedantic but "Derek" please Derrick is one of these:
[quoted image]

Hey the way I look up to you may get the innuendo

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Great tell. Seems like a great and approachable pin for getting family and friends involved.
If this were a 7.5k machine i think a lot of home collectors would consider it for that reason.

Honestly this alone would make me buy one. However that is why I kept Willy Wonk, newbies loved it, I was offered 16k for and my wife freaked out no way that is my piece of art LMAO. Happy to still have it and I just finished my worst game in a month, 800k ouch!!! And by far my favorite game. So maybe TS4 can do that for some people and I will most likely buy one at some point, after I save enough off MSRP to make up for my loss on Halloween, LOL.

#5567 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

My comment was a joke and not against Derek. I was joking on the guy telling Derek he's never played it and didn't need to because he's a "hardcore" player and can tell by a stream that it isn't good. I am aware of Derek's high play count!
[quoted image]

Thanks my apologies upvote at least

#5730 1 year ago

Interesting

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139289

Let’s see would a person rather order directly from a great distro or second hand deal?

Could this start the losses for the flippers?

#5732 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why do you think they have anything to prove or protect? It's the opposite... unlike hobbyist they treat their games like mules instead of personal trophies. If it doesn't work, they cut and run by selling the game early.
Meanwhile.. Scorbit is telling me ToyStory is earning great this week.

With TS4 being such a great earner how many more will you buy? 5-10?

#5740 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

“”***** Pre-order yours today with a $250 deposit - a few available! *****””
I thought deposits were a 2-3k? I also thought it was “sold out”.

Here’s one you can get for only 100 over MSRP

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138066

#5746 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

C300

Automated is the biggest pin distributor, They will have a ton of CE'S for sale, don't believe only a few spots left line .

They are a very good distro and are now selling TS4 LE’s below MSRP.

Going to get real interesting quick.

#5749 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Citation needed - looks like they are quoting $12K on pinballs.com

I was going off their add on here pinside

#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lower than MSRP prices are never published. They're between distrib & customer.

Here it published https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139290

Is this a little tip like hey we’re not at MSRP? Innuendo?

#5756 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

That just feels like a marketing gimmick to draw more interest than their competitors, like pricing something at $9.99 rather than $10.00. That's not meaningfully below MSRP...

Agreed but why? What other game have distros done this with so early?

Smashing sales records, I love my Willy and G&R but with all of the BS and gimmics coming out of JJP it’s making me wonder what’s behind the curtain. Hmmmm

Record sales step right up.

Will be interesting when CE’s ship. JJP was worried abot 20 games being sold above MSRP by the flippers now JJP maybe flopping.

#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Show us the proof of your so called “fact”. There is no proof and you know it. Sure hope for those that did buy GNR they didn’t make that many, 2nd hand prices for HUO will be so low if they really did make that many. But it matters not, because there is no proof of this crazy number anywhere to be found.

Kinda like Addams family and TZ, can you imagine their value if they didn’t make 6 times more of them then G&R?

#5761 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You mean this?

Yes exactly why so quick? Why the gimmic?

Why under MSRP when it against the typical manufacturers mandate of not advertising under MSRP?

Something is really odd about this whole release.

Machine - For Sale

Toy Story 4 (LE)

New!

NIB - New in box (distributor/business) “Please visit our web site - www.pinballs.com

Automated Services / pinballs.com has 400 new & reconditioned pinball machines in stock and we are an Authorized distributor for: ...”

5 hours ago

Milford, CT

pinballandgames

$2 under MSRP is *technically* under MSRP I suppose...

#5784 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My guess is the distributor's cut is around $1k so in theory they could go down to $11k/$14k if they just wanted to blow them out. But I agree - you won't see them post prices under MSRP.

Did you see their ad? They are under MSRP

1 week later
#5954 1 year ago

So starting to see CE buyers taking a loss on their deposits. How low will we go?

Have a Halloween coming so I feel the pain, but I loved that game over TS4 so I do have that going for me

At what point does panic set in when the margin call is made for payment in full?

Can people dispute a down payment on a TS game if a TS4 is what is sold? How can one get out of a deposit? I am not looking to get out of mine on my loser, just curious?

2 months later
#6042 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

We have a new batch of Toy Story 4 LE fresh off the line. If you are looking to get one, let us know.
https://www.kingpingames.net/jersey-jack/toy-story-4-limited-edition
[email protected]

How many whats the current discount?

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Coast, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=johnttwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.