(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

To help people with their games. When they contact jjp and get ignored. On the various forums when they ask for help and don't get help, or many hours later, or the wrong help that doesn't fix their issue.
I'd gladly continue. I wasn't doing it for me, or jjp. I was doing it because someone needed help with their game.
LTG : )

Absolute gentleman and legend!

DBA47B71-30F9-437E-9F88-6F7B158D049D.gifDBA47B71-30F9-437E-9F88-6F7B158D049D.gif
#706 1 year ago
2C653E83-B71D-4134-8C38-2A67200560C9.gif2C653E83-B71D-4134-8C38-2A67200560C9.gif
#743 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE
5000 LE
800 CE
No se

800 CEs? Make that 1995

#764 1 year ago

Great to see the excitement around a new pin but has everyone forgotten about all the issues with Marco and the playfields? Or does everyone just not care now?

#769 1 year ago

Mirco, Marco, Polo still shit playfields no matter what he calls himself

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh crap we forgot all about that!
We’re all so happy that you reminded us it sucks being all happy about a new JJP !

Mate don’t be a douchebag, I’m excited for Toy Story myself but CE are likely 15k+ and it’s like people have miraculously just forgot all about the issues.

Jack and co see these forums and figure why bother doing anything to sort the playfields these guys can’t wait to buy them quick enough, nothing worse than seeing a fellow pinhead opening a new game and having their excitement blown at the water by major issues.

#856 1 year ago

Kaneda telling everyone who waits they are stupid and going to regret sitting this one out, yet 6 weeks after release he will be telling all those that jumped in they are suckers for being drawn in by FOMO and it’s their own fault if they have playfield issues and they rushed into buying

#874 1 year ago

Think anyone not expecting toy story 4 elements, specifically forky is going to be disappointed, Disney love money too much and there is no way they don’t add their best seller from TS4.

I reckon we will get a buzz light year CE or super special edition, he is the Disney stores best selling toy can’t see Disney or JJP missing out on the Buzz collectors market.

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Like their doing with the Star War movies and now Marvel!

Difference being TS4 was good and most of the MCU marvel studio films are good to great.

Those new Star Wars films where complete garbage!

#880 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Totally agree with Star Wars statement.It’s like they just wanting so badly for females to be in charge and kicked Hans Solo like characters that add the fun out of the script

It’s a problem with modern day “feminists” instead of making strong female leads (Sarah Conner, Allen Ripley) who over come the odds and prove it’s nothing to do with the fact they are a woman they are simply resourceful and strong characters who happen to be female.

It’s now all about simply making female characters the most powerful characters out there, which surely defeats the point of women being strong? I know I’d take Conner or Ripley over Captain Marvel or Rey any day of the week because the first two battled for it compared to the latter two who where just given all the power and abilities from the get go.

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If JJP releases it today I will donate $100 to charity!

Knowing JJP and their ability to hit dates your money is likely very safe, unfortunately for the charity.

#899 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

So what. My 2 year old likes it. In my opinion it ain't bad but it wasn't made for grown ass men

Great movies, especially to watch with my young kids makes it all the better something we can watch and enjoy equally.

If the pin is good I’ll certainly buy one but I want to see how the playfields are first.

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

Star Wars in a Toy Story thread.
Makes sense.

00E0BC8B-2DF1-4A88-BC34-68B655150E82.gif00E0BC8B-2DF1-4A88-BC34-68B655150E82.gif
#907 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

Star Wars in a Toy Story thread.
Makes sense.

Well it kinda does make sense since we had Star Wars in toys story so why not Star Wars in a toy story thread..?

174D02B0-312F-4ECB-B9F0-F58F3A83BB9E.gif174D02B0-312F-4ECB-B9F0-F58F3A83BB9E.gif
#941 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

A polite way of saying thanks we hear you, but cool your jets.

The time it takes JJP to get releases out, I think everyone is already pretty patient. It’s about time JJP started acting like a real manufacturing company and getting more than one product out every 18-24 months.

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Prepare for blasphemy….. It’s not going to be Toy Story.

I’d prepare to be wrong.

#991 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GnR wouldn't leave a line untouched.

E2812A77-2F53-458A-AB84-67489C243CC1.gifE2812A77-2F53-458A-AB84-67489C243CC1.gif
#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

You know things are bad when there's over 1,000 posts and people are now talking about Alf and David Lee Roth's solo career.
Oof.

Maybe JJP are waiting for Toy Story to be in the public domain? At this rate it won’t be far off

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

it’s the boys with additional content to be added for season 3. It will feature a dont sneeze mode.

I’d love a Boys pin, the call-outs alone would be amazing, but no way JJP do it, it’s so far from family friendly.

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

How about, oh, I don't know, talking about Toy Story rumors or news? Seems strange, I get it. But it's literally in the title of the thread.

Let’s here the news you have then….

Unfortunately it’s the nature of the beast when a title is known/rumoured for so long and it’s anticipated reveal continues to drag on and on, minds wander.

But on topic, I have been hearing the end of this month will bring the revel.

#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Not before the Buzz Movie?

End of the month is the current chatter for the big reveal. Looking forward to this one but holding back until I see what the current state of playfields is like.

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

My distributor just indicated he’s received his initial allocations from JJP and he believes it will be revealed in the next 2-3 weeks.

Yep end of the month.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it was merely cosmetic differences, I could see it, but adding the physical coma lock to the CEs only meant that if you wanted the most complete GnR with all the mechs, you had to have a CE.
And CE is just "Collector's Edition" there's no limit in the name like "Limited Edition." If you want one for the scarcity flippers, add some bling to the Collector's Edition and make a Limited Collector's Edition. But making all the CEs the market wants would solve the flipper issue for the most part.

Exactly if JJPs “limited edition” is pretty much endless with a total of 5000 units (which I keep hearing they have not hit the total 5k) then why not just produce an unlimited collectors edition for all the collectors and reduce the number of the limited edition tier a little.

#1194 1 year ago

And just like that everyone forgets JJP had playfields falling apart on their last two releases CE included.

834386D6-D3F9-434B-A1FB-F61598A8C272.gif834386D6-D3F9-434B-A1FB-F61598A8C272.gif
#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Man up buttercup! If you can't deal with a couple washers on a playfield you are in the wrong hobby! Such a tiny issue compared to the enjoyment of playing the games....sheesh

Haha always find it funny when someone tells someone to man up buttercup from behind a keyboard but anyhoo some people had much bigger problems than a couple of washers on their playfield, but if non of that bothers you then good for you buddy, you enjoy it no hate my end.

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My last two CE's were perfect! Now my POTC LE and Wonka LE both had minor pooling. JJP provided replacement play fields for both games (on their dime), which as we both know won't happen anymore

I know people who couldn’t get replacement playfields and those that did had to fight really hard for them, which still isn’t a great resolution if it goes to someone who isn’t able to do a playfield swap, some people in this hobby physically can’t due to health issues.

But my original comment wasn’t to cause a big song and dance Vitty felt the need to try and make a big deal out of it but it’s always good to bring up the point for those unaware of past issues. No doubt there will be the same people moaning about problems if there are any, rinse and repeat is the Pinside way haha.

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t like doing this but check out this dudes collection!Why are you here instead of the Whats Stern’s new pin thread? Thanks

No idea why pointing out something from one manufacturer makes you a fanboy of another, let’s leave that at the door before someone ends up looking silly.

I’m 100% in on a Toy Story I’m just not jumping in on release. Will get ah LE and upgrade to a CE if the chance comes down the road.

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

If you listen to the video Ken asks international buyers that can't find a distributor for a CE to call JJP to help them with that before the game is released.
My guess is that means we might get a teaser Friday and reveal early next week. Unlikely we see it until then.

The fact JJP made a CE specific purchasing video makes me question the 350 CE mentioned above, if they where doing 350 CEs why make a video at all, they are likely spoken for already and if not will sell out easy at that number.

Hopefully this means we are getting a much higher CE number this time around, I often buy the top tier for my own personal tastes but I’m all for everyone who wants one getting the model they want so hopefully that happens here and everyone is happy.

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

I have seen it. Very early incarnation of the machine, but I know what the theme is as well as a couple of the mechs.
That's all I'm saying for now!

89C5B589-45D7-44D6-A2F2-3D314A6CAF3D.gif89C5B589-45D7-44D6-A2F2-3D314A6CAF3D.gif
#1355 1 year ago

Most likely we will get call outs from Tom Hanks brother, he does most of the voice work for woody outside of the main movies.

#1367 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I've waited 4 years for this pin...Expectations are super high

Hanks brother does 99% of the woody voice work outside the main movies. Video games, toys, talking teddy’s, you name it, he sounds just like Tom as woody so custom call-outs from his brother would be amazing!

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Who cares! You are still buying this pin even if your neighbor was doing the damn call outs!

Clearly smoke cares hence my message above, he shouldn’t worry as Tom hanks brother does an indistinguishable woody.

#1372 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I've waited 4 years for this pin...Expectations are super high

I don’t get it you waited 4 years so clearly your a fan of the franchise? Yet you are unaware hanks brother does all the woody voice work for Tom outside the main movies, clearly you haven’t been able to tell the difference like most people.

Now your also saying Lightyear is lame for not using Allen when it was done for a reason as the character is the actual Buzz (Evans)who inspired the toy (Allen).

You sure your not just complaining for the hell of it?

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just received a response from a distributor that they have 1 more CE available. Only $24,999. lol

Let us know how many dms you get from people asking which distributor it is

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from mozach:

That's from the Disney fanon website. It's user created and not real.
https://disneyfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Toy_Story_5

Was just about to post the same thing, pretty sure Disney has given no official word on Toy Story 5. Hanks has said he’s done with it a couple times since TS4 though, sure once was on a U.K. chat show (graham Norton)

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

With the new 1 year replacement Mirco warranty, they've earned my business back. In on a CE!

Where was this stated?

#1820 1 year ago

Very excited to see this game revealed, would love to grab an LE at some point and maybe if JJP announce do what they usually do by announcing another super duper edition (RE, YBR) without anything missing I’ll upgrade later.

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

We’ll see. JJP sold about 4k LE’s in a few days when GNR was shown.

No they didn’t, only now are JJP around the 4k mark of GnR LEs sold to date, not the first few days of its reveal.

#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That we do not know. We can merely speculate.

You mean like your speculation they sold 4k LEs in the first few days of reveal?

So you don’t know no one that has ordered a GnR LE outside of the first few days of reveal? No one you know ordered one this year? Cmon Jeff your talking nonsense mate.

#1909 1 year ago

It’s Toy Story, it will not be the new buzz lightyear movie.

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm sure that shooter rod is ce exclusive. This is the CE.

It’s the LE, CE comes with colour matched leg bolts

#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is thats the CE as I don't think JJP has ever built a game with a custom shooter rod

JJP might have finally seen how much money Stern are making from shooter rods, toppers etc and finally jumping on that bandwagon, it would make good business sense.

#2069 1 year ago

Crazy all these CEs sold out at distributors yet no one seems to know the actual total cost, if the price drops tomorrow and for arguments sake it’s 19k for a CE would people drop out?

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How are CE's sold out with this so called huge recession incoming?! That's impossible!

Like you said Panda most people in this hobby are doing just fine, I’m just a simple fireman but I’m definitely getting an LE if the game looks great at reveal, I will simply wait it out until the initial bugs and issues are all ironed out and I see how Mircos latest playfields are holding up.

#2624 1 year ago

For Wonka & GNR did JJP release a topper and art blades for the LEs? I have it in my head the CE of GNR had a topper and the LEs got a different one, anyone kindly confirm?

#2849 1 year ago

Taken my time to comment after the leaked reveal, obviously ignore gameplay itself and just going off initial impressions of what’s on show it’s a huge disappointment.

No slinky, Rc, or Rex who all featured heavily in the opening of the movie, no mr potato head honouring the late Don Rickles, who Disney and Pixar went to great lengths to include and honour him in TS4 nearly 2 years after his passing.

As I said I am sure it will shoot and play great it’s Lawlor but, where’s the slinky ramp? A nice industry roast would have been for JJP to one up Sterns JP TREX have Rex eat the ball, mr potatohead bash toy who’s parts pop off (a modern day MM castle) and why not use RC for a video mode on the big lcd!!

And missing the release of TS4 why not go back and negotiate for the original trilogy or all 4 films if Disney want TS4 in there, look at how amazing POTC handled the different movies that could have been done here! Buzz and his laser distracting the player using an app in multiplayer would have been funny with the backbox camera photos could have been done like the etch-a-Sketch toy from the movies!

Still look forward to playing this but after GNR using drumsticks for a ramp return and a guitar head ball lock I was expecting the same attention to detail on this.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Game looks very underwhelming for the high price I'm sure the play field quality will be bad as well.

I hope JJP have the playfield issues sorted finally because if not this game could be a disaster!

Scoop, spinning wheel, jump ramp, gabby pop up, all those features sure create and add a lot of exposed edges.

#3061 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Covers rules to all the modes and plays tiki party video pinball

Could I politely ask what the thought process was in having a 10” display to play a digital pinball layout video/mini mode in a physical pin?

It’s abit of a head scratcher so I’m genuinely curious and interested to know, where there no other video mode ideas? Also from a theme perspective what’s the digital display got to do with toy story? Thanks

#3078 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Don’t think anyone is saying anything about gameplay other than waiting to see how it shoots, peoples complaints are with regards to the aesthetics, mechs or lack of, underwhelming theme integration.

#3526 1 year ago

Question for all those that have had a lot of hands on with past Lawlor JJP games, which is his best shooting game (ignoring theme) talking just the shots here… wonka? Dialled in?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.