(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 2 years ago

He is clearly a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I highly recommend people just use the handy 'ignore' feature pinside has implemented on him.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

And trolls are meant to be bashed with pinballs! Troll multiball madness! Im excited to see what Toy Story has. If its anything like Wonka or PoTC then I dont think I can pass.

Agreed.

The designer known for loading his games with toys working on a Toy Story game with a company who is known for allowing their designers a fairly large bill of materials. It has a lot of potential.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not without my reservations. Chipping playfields are a little concerning, but it's hard to tell how widespread that issue actually is.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This thread is about a JJP game coming soon.Trolling would be Stern fans coming here just to piss on something JJP does.I’m not in a Stern forum pissing on shit that you like now am I?

I don't even think it's that.

If you look at his game ratings. He straight up gave monster bash, medieval madness, GNR, etc a reviews of 5 or less. In fact nothing they reviewed was over a 5. Clearly the man just wants to watch the world burn.

In this thread he was actively trying to get dislikes.

I honestly am surprised Pinside doesn't ban him straight up.

3 months later
#275 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Because the issue eventually migrates outside the diameter of the washers.
Your vehicle and appliance analogy doesn't work. Washers there serve a mechanical purpose. On a pinball machine in this fashion, they serve no other purpose than to hide a larger problem. And as I stated above, it doesn't hide it permanently.
Also, there are thousands of pinball machines in the world that don't have them, and they don't have playfields cracking apart.
This is a defect.

Does it move to the washers?

I haven't heard of anyone still having issues with the plastic washers, though I haven't really been looking too hard. Do you know of an example of this?

From my understanding the issue is with the clear coat not being 100% cured by the time it reaches people houses.

I would expect the washers to disperse the impact of the post enough preventing this from happening and after a long enough timeframe, the coating would be completely cured, preventing the issue from ever occurring.

That being said, I still struggle to comprehend how widespread the issue really is. I've played a lot of JJP games at many locations and have never noticed the issue on them and I always look. Their games tend to have plenty of other issues, but the clear coat bubbling isn't one I've witnessed.

This all makes me believe that in a HUO setting, with the plastic washers, it would be very unlikely for the issue to occur.

That being said, JJP's complete dismissal of the issue and unwillingness to help those effected is definitely a problem that should not be taken lightly. They should've stepped up and done something for those effected. These games are priced as a luxury item, you would expect customer service that matches the cost.

1 week later
#328 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyBriskets:

Farthest machine out artwork..
Left side is definitely Jesse from Toy Story 2 onward.. sitting with legs crossed and cow print pants.
Middle is Bullseye on a mountain with the sun/moon behind him.
Right is Woody.
Toy Story Confirmed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just as an FYI. There is some discussion on this image starting at post #182 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/4#post-6737601). It seemed pretty split on whether people buy it as one of the new artworks or not. I will say, I think it's Buzz on the left side.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of this title. If it is indeed JJP's next game, I'll have a decision to make between it and a P3.

Have you played a P3 before? I really like what they're offering and hope they continue to knock it out of the park with their new modules.

I've only played a P3 one time at Expo and in my opinion the flippers felt off and the flipper button module extending out of the game just felt wrong.

That being said, since then they've released updated flippers, so I'm hoping the fixes my main concern with the game.

I do think the P3 is one of those try before you buy scenarios though as it is very different than what other people are offering.

I really like the premise and hope this new game will sell units like crazy for them.

2 weeks later
#426 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Steve Ritchie is at JJP now? Man, I must be out to lunch. Is he the head designer of Toy Story?

Ritchie just finished his first white wood at JJP. His game is still a ways out.

Toy Story will be Pat Lawlor's next game.

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

It would appear that something is imminent:
[quoted image]

To reinforce your point.

I just looked at all the other JJP playfields, and I don't think this lower trough section matches anything they've put out yet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#499 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So… this weekends pinball event does anyone know if JJP will be there with a possible reveal of its next game?

They're listed as a vendor here: https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/vendors/

Which would make me think someone from JJP ought to be there. It sounds like MGC was also where Lawlor's last game was revealed too.

That all being said, it doesn't look like they have their own event or anything and none of the main JJP designers are listed as attending. So, it's hard to say.

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

I was thinking this as well. It would seem to be easier asset wise (don't have to worry about Mr. Potato Head, Slinky, Etch-A-Sketch licenses). However we don't know much of anything about the movie Lightyear. It would be a stretch for them to make a pinball game with an asset no one knows much of. The movie might bomb (unlikely) and you'll have this awesome pinball machine to play. Remember Johnny Nomanic? Haha. If JJP can get enough of the license of Toy Story it will be phenomenal. I can't wait.

First of all, Johnny Mnemonic is an amazing movie, where else would you get clips like this from:

Secondly, it would be pretty uncharacteristic of JJP to base the machine off of some new IP that doesn't already have a raving fanbase behind it, and quite frankly, it would be kind of dumb of them to do so.

It would also be pretty uncharacteristic of JJP to make a pinball machine on an IP that they can't easily get the rights to use their assets for, so I would imagine the full crew of toys to be there. I could even see Etch-A-Sketch having a screen on the game and slinky being a ramp.

I really don't think the new game's theme will be based on the new Lightyear movie.

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

When has any other pin based off of a movie franchise not used the primary 1st movie?

This isn't very uncommon.

Terminator 2, Terminator 3, & Lethal Weapon 3 are some pretty common ones.

The Stern Batman game was based off of the 2nd batman in the trilogy.

You could make arguments for Star Wars Episode 1 pinball machine being the 4th movie in the series.

Edit: Corrected Batman game to 2nd game

1 week later
#625 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The whole thing with entry level jobs being called slave wages bugs me.I started out at a gas station pumping gas for minimum wage but I never thought of it as slave wages.I just worked hard and made my life better.Assembly of pinball machines is generally not a career just like working at McDonald’s is not a career usually

My first job was at a pizza place making about a dollar above minimum wage. I worked hard and really enjoyed my time there.

My second job was at a factory unlike these making cameras for the automotive industry. They worked us like animals and treated us as numbers who are easily replaceable. If we were lucky, we would get a day off every 14 days (due to state law). And they would decline any PTO you put in, I couldn't even get time off for my brother's wedding. The tricky part was the company offered more money than most unskilled labor around, which was only like $3 over minimum wage, but made you feel like you would be stupid to leave. It felt like a toxic relationship. The hard part is that there are a lot of low income workers that need that extra pay to survive. They have family to take care of after all. For me, it was a job while in college, for most, it was their full time career.

I do think my experience may be an extreme example, but I think in general, you can't compare manufacturing to a normal minimum wage high school like job. I think your statement about it not being a career is wrong, it generally is a full time career for these low income people and they are often treated like garbage.

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Any info on playfield layout or toys? Seems awfully close to not hear anything leak yet.

Someone at one point reported that there would be a jump shot, like on 'No Good Gophers'. I'm not sure how reliable the source was.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Jack was on a podcast and said game #7 in a couple weeks!

I just listened to the video and I didn't hear him say it would be announced in a couple weeks.

At one point around 13 minutes in he said that it 'maybe' revealed in a few weeks and near the end of the video he said it would be revealed in the coming weeks.

I would not hold my breath on it being two weeks out.

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the new JJP is all about profit, and the CE is by far their most profitable unit + I heard they're going away from the SE so why not increase the number of units and take the cash in this crazy market.

Just out of curiosity, what pinball manufacturer do you think is not all about profit?

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Trust me JJP doesn't need any motivation from Pinsiders to justify raising prices. I think they raised the price twice during the GNR run.

I agree.

The game is bound to cost more.

The cost of lumber, labor, shipping, computer components, and other parts has all gone up by a significant margin. Plus, their main competitor raised their prices by a significant margin.

Not only that, but I don't think it's wild to say that the CE will jump by an even larger margin after JJP saw the half assed EHoH 40th edition sell out in minutes at $25k.

It annoys me that people are jumping into a speculation thread and complaining about people speculating on the price. It's all in good fun. If they don't find it amusing to speculate, they don't have to. They need to leave the people who find it fun peace.

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You may be the only person that price makes sense to.
Pricing the CE at $20k would mean maybe 50-100 CE sales on day 1 leaving JJP to guess at how many games they need to build. They wouldn't be able to sell 500-800 CE games at that price.

I don't expect JJP will price CEs at $20k.

That being said, Stern's EHoH 40th, a game that already have 2 previous other collectors editions sold before hand was easily able to sell 200 games at $25K within a day, and they barely did anything to the game... some powder coating, a new shooter, a new apron, and some new side decals... it didn't even include a topper. JJPs CEs do tend to be a bit better of an offer, in terms of additions they add on.

I personally do think they'd be able to sell about 500 games at that price point. Though, probably not many more than 500.

My expectation is that JJP will both increase the cost of the CE and the quantity. Something along the lines of $15k a game and 1000 units.

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Better yet , a mini playfield with mini drop targets....

Please no... mini playfields with mini balls and mini flippers are always the worst.

1 week later
#998 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I heard it's going to be:
[quoted image]

I would love an ALF table.

I had it pretty high on my list of potential themes to make a homebrew table of.

1 week later
#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

I'm saying it's a JJP game. When any other company releases a game, it's news. When JJP releases a game, it's a moment.

Oh boy, you sound like a marketer...

We want details! Not wordplay.

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Damn it! I'm never getting a Harry Potter pin.

I'm pretty sure many people have sought out the Harry Potter license for pinball over the last couple of decades and J. K. Rowling actively doesn't want there to be one.

Last I knew, she is one of those people who still considers them gambling devices.

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

But then you lose the meaning of it being a very limited number available which gives it its value

The limited number doesn't really give it value. I believe Jack has said that the last couple of games they've sold, they have sold less standard editions than any other version. The standard is really the most limited version... Plus, looks at WOZ, they can make as many different types of collectors editions as they please. They're not so limited after all.

People generally just want the best version of the game.

It is a bummer that they prevent anyone who wants one from getting one. This mainly just benefits the flippers.

#1364 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm sorry, I can't...The voicework is probably the biggest reason the Toy Story movies are so amazing.
I'm holding out hope that they have this lined up right...We shall see...I'm excited to see the layout.

I can't imagine Tom Hanks is cheap. They couldn't even get his likeness on games like Apollo 13. Custom voicework would be even more costly. I'd personally rather JJP not spend the majority of their R&D on his voice, especially when his brother is a perfect fit for the role and sounds identical.

Plus, everyone knows the real best voicework in Toy Story was Jim Varney as Slinky...

#1713 1 year ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

4 pops?
[quoted image]

It also looks like it has two vertical up kickers next the front two pops. So I'm guessing we're going to see something a little similar to whirlwind. With a scoop, a shot through some pop bumpers, and another scoop.

#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm pretty certain it's widely known that the next title is Godfather by Eric

I've heard a lot of people say the next game is actually The Matrix from Eric. I thought the Godfather rumor died out.

#2686 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Think whirlwind or earthshaker - there is a saucer that kicks out to the side to setup the mini flipper

Is there any kind of right ramp? What happens to the ball when you hit the right orbit shot that the upper flipper is along?

#2744 1 year ago

Can anyone tell what happens when you hit the right orbit shot?

I'm trying to figure out if there is some kind of ramp hidden back there or not. I think a ramp back there would really help this game have good flow.

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

When is the actual reveal noon when you can order?

You can order it at noon. Most likely the actual reveal will be the same time.

#2817 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So the jump ramp goes.... where? To destroy the pop bumper covers?
Half surprised they're not jumping the ball onto the HUGE screen.

There is a plastic sheet over the pop bumpers much like No Good Gofers.

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are those images from?

#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I received the email and none of the links work. Strange they send an AVAILABLE NOW email and nothing works.

You willing to share the link? I'm on the email blast, but my email hasn't come through yet.

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Where does this shot go to? Looks like a saucer, but then What?
[quoted image]

Saucer kicks the ball to the right to feed the upper flipper.

#3227 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:Awwww that’s a little harsh. Maybe pull that bag off your head. Things look a little clearer that way! I mean you haven’t even heard us talk about the game yet! Sad and off putting when your expected to shit on every game that comes out.

Any idea when we'll be able to hear your thoughts on it?

#3293 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:I just saw a video of Joe the programmer at JJP that programmed TS. He did a nice job of explaining the game. Its like a 27 to 30 minute video. The game really does look fun to play. Hopefully i get to try it out soon.

Is this the SDTM featurette video, or something else? If it's something else, do you mind sharing a link?

#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So the upper right bat hits the left spinner and that's it ?

It's a normal looping shot like we've seen on many games before. Who doesn't like a good looping shot?

#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Not anymore...

Just for comparison sake. Using coils as they tend to be a good indicator on cost.

GZ Premium Mechs:
Total Coils 10:
3 flippers
2 slingshots
1 autoplunger
1 Bridge coil
1 VUK
1 Ball lock VUK
1 pop bumper

Toy Story:
Total Coils 24 :
4 pop bumpers
3 flippers
2 slings
2 autoplunger + kickback
3 pop up ramp shot and individual controlled posts
1 pop up target
1 vuk
1 saucer
2 Controlled Drop target
2 up posts
3+ diverters

I think you get similar results if you compare other cost like RGBs, playfield glass, display, motors, gimmicks, etc.

I personally don't think the bill of materials comes close between a JJP LE and Stern Premium.

That is not to say that more mechs means a better game. It is amazing how full Stern's games feel when they're in fact quite barren in side by side comparison.

As a side note, I probably missed a coil or two on each count.

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is a dreadful comparison. You flat out missed the building assembly in godzilla and the turning component of mecha godzilla which modifies the shot. Plus way more habitrails.
Finally, can we stop acting like pop bumpers are the cat's tits? Toy story has four pop bumpers and godzilla has only one. This is addition by subtraction. Pops are worthless.
Counting coils does not a good game make... clearly.

Did you even read my post? I said that the BOM cost does not equate to a good game and I also said that coils were only one aspect of the BOM.

If you're talking other toys between the two.

I would think the stepper motor and rails used for the building and the motor for Mecha Godzilla toy are probably pretty equivalent in cost to the tablet with their custom assembly and spinning wheel mech. If you count the included shaker motor and the camera as toys too, than TS probably also has a bigger BOM for toys too.

I can't think of a single element of the game where I would think that Godzilla would cost more to produce than Toy Story.

I personally do think there is a real difference in BOM cost difference between a Stern Premium and a JJP LE.

Do you honestly think that a Godzilla Premium cost the same to make as a Toy Story LE from a BOM standpoint?

I'm not disagreeing that Elwin is providing a bigger bang for buck in terms of BOM. I'm just stating that one game is clearly more expensive to make than the other.

Edit: I realized I didn't address your habit trails. I would expect the cost of Godzilla's additional habit trails would be about equal in cost to TS rails being as each ramp has some kind of diverter mech and they're all being powder coated.

#3707 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The one issue with a coil count comparison alone is that it doesn’t account for motorized mechs which from what I’m seeing Toy Story has none. Motorized mechs are typically among the most substantial items in games. Motorized mechs are almost always custom mechs that add value to a game. Take Smaug in Hobbit for example, the monkey mech in WOZ, or the moving ship in Pirates. Toy Story doesn’t have anything like that.
Godzilla has the motorized moving building with a moving gate on top of the building as a ball lock, the motorized moving ramp that when activated opens a shot to another mech with a magnet on it. Those items along with the vertical exposed magnet that we haven’t seen in a game before are substantial and in my opinion far more interactive then a vast majority of coil based mechs.
Would you rather have 4 pop bumpers or a motorized moving building with a motorized ball lock on top of it? I’ll take the building any day.

I'm not making a statement on who is using the BOM of materials better. I just think it's silly to act like TS LE cost the same to make as Godzilla Premium.

The building mech is a stepper motor with rails. If you look at 3D printers on amazon, you can get one for around $80, which has two sets of these motors with rails. Is the gate at the top of the building motorized? I thought it just caught something on it's way down.

I'm guessing it cost Stern around $40 for that mech. The motor for MechaGodzilla is probably even cheaper, let's say it cost them $20 dollars for that. Estimating around $60.

In terms of additional motors on TS LE, you have the Spinning Wheel Mechanism, which I would expect cost them around $20, and the shaker motor. Which I would expect costs them around $40. Estimating around $60. The cost of motors between these two games has to be really close.

This is probably the one mech where both games probably equal out in cost.

Does Godzilla use that estimated $60 in motor cost for a better effect, certainly! That is not the argument I'm making though.

When you start including things like the coil cost, the cost of the tablet, the cost to powder coat, the cost of the bigger screen, the invisi-glass, the sound system, the cost of over 300 rgb leds and hot rails. It's clear to me that Toy Story has to cost more to make.

Do you think otherwise?

#4152 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda brought up a good point today "Nothing that divisive is good".

I personally find that statement dumb.

Not everything needs mass appeal to be good...

Country, Rap, Punk, edm & Rock music are all divisive. There is a large population that loves those types of music and a large population that hates them. Does that really mean that their bad?

Is Pop the only good music because that is the most popular?

Of course not.

#4453 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

In contrast, here’s an honest TS4 review from a guy that’s one of us, not like those 2 flimflam sales clowns SDTM….

Chill out.

SDTM provides many of us with free entertainment and they never claimed to be unbiased source...

If you find yourself not enjoying their videos or simply can't stand to hear someone enjoying something you've already made up your mind that you'll hate.

Simply don't watch it.

You're acting like they killed your cat or something...

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

Can anyone demonstrate to me that the skill shot is physically possible? I'm feeling like a big dumb dummy - the geometry to that saucer, even with a soft plunge, doesn't seem possible but maybe I lack the skill.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1509490756 -> Go to 22:40

EDIT: Here is just the clip of the skill shot: https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousPoorPigeonTheTarFu-I9It4aVfrge-JGmI

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Unfortunately it’s true. Two echo chambers really. So far, a few people with whom I share favorite pins (Godzilla, Wonka, etc.) love it so I like my odds…

As someone who hasn't played it yet, there are a ton of contradictory statements.

A lot of people say it's too easy. While another group of people say those outlanes and pops are drain machines. Can't an owner setup their game to be as difficult as they want it to be?

Some people have said the shots are too open. While other people complain that the lock shot, scoop, skill shot, jump shot, and warp target are difficult. Isn't it better to have a good mix of easy and hard shots?

People complain about the flipper feel while other people are saying they're the best feeling JJP flippers. If you don't hate other JJP games flippers, this is a good sign.

There has also been a lot of love and hate for the jump shot. Some people say it's so buttery smooth, others saying it's janky and unsatisfying.

At least both camps tend to agree that it is fun game and expensive.

3 weeks later
#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

easy ! just by seeing the shoots, and the rules/code, but again, only when pin is played by a very good player (else its hard to know, i admit)

That is a terrible way to determine whether something is easy.

As a counter example, Tony Hawk can do Indy 540s all day, without fail. If you only watched him, you'd assume they're easy, because they're easy for him, but 99% of other skaters can't land those at all. If someone is very good at something, everything they do looks easy...

A better test for whether something is easy is how easy average players find it and if you're trying to figure out how easy it would be for you, then the best test would be watching players of a similar skill level to you play it.

#5636 1 year ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Played TS4 today - it was ok, very long play times (my wife who plays little pinball put up 500M on her first game not knowing any rules and commented on it)

A legitimate 500 million point game would on average take around a couple hours to play...

Either she managed to find an exploit, something in the game was broken, or she actually managed to get a score of around 500k and thought it was higher.

#5648 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They really thought going into TS4 that it was going to outsell the biggest seller to date in GNR, according to insider.

I mean Jack clearly stated he was planning to start production of another game before the end of the year.

Being as they basically did GNRs only for 2 years. It sounds to me like they weren't expecting it to sell at the same rate.

I think they knew the increase in cost would have an effect on the quantity sold.

That all being said, I expect their profit margin is higher on TS4. Hence, they still may make more (in the money sense) than GNR. Even if they sell less.

#5785 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My guess is the distributor's cut is around $1k so in theory they could go down to $11k/$14k if they just wanted to blow them out. But I agree - you won't see them post prices under MSRP.

Last I knew distributors took a much larger cut than that.

I thought it was around 25-30% of the MSRP of the game.

#5838 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Has anyone confirmed how the physical flipper buttons connect/control the mini screen and digital flippers? If a control board is connected via Bluetooth there could be lag introduced in the signal conversion process. Or it could just be a really crappy off the shelf processor chip that can’t handle the compute requirement. What is the culprit?

There is no way they'd use Bluetooth for this communication. I'm sure it's the same tech that has been used since Lane Change was invented.

Most of the lag is likely due to the display. As others have mentioned, virtual pinball is pretty awful on consoles, because there is input lag, and that is with a TV in game mode. You can get a better experience with a gaming PC and a monitor, mainly due to monitors offering things like VRR.

There is no way that display isn't some cheap off the shelf product that probably that likely isn't setup to support a 'Game' mode. Hence, the input to the screen is likely taking over 100ms of time to render. And that is all just the time it takes from the display getting the input to actually displaying it. Which is a very noticeable amount of time. JJP can probably reduce the lag somewhat, as they're probably introducing some delay on their end, but it's never going to feel great.

IMO, if you don't like it, Go to the settings, and set it to not have any ball save. At that point it becomes one of the weaker rewards on the wheel and you can actively shoot a spin loop to avoid it.

#5936 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why would Stern continue to produce Pro's if the ops were happy paying for Premiums/LE's?

Because the Pro games are significantly more reliable and reliability is important to many ops.

2 weeks later
#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Did your Wonka CE come with the washer under various posts like the one shown here??
I just bought NIB Wonka LE with build date 12/21.
Just curious.
[quoted image]

JJP didn't start putting washers under key playfield posts until after the issues came up with GNR playfields pooling.

They're only on the later Wonka runs.

1 month later
#5991 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

what you guys think of the stream with Eric playng the game....just doesnt look like a lot to shoot at. Awesome light show thou.

How do you mean?

I don't think anyone got to the wizard mode once during the stream. If you're talking about physical shots, it's got a fairly standard number of shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.