(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It's confirmed, I heard it from Jack himself.

I call BS. None of the manufacturers confirm like that, Jack included.

5 months later
#103 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I used to agree. Been excited about the possibility of Toy Story for a long time (probably a CE), but that has been greatly diminished by the playfield quality fiasco. Until I’m confident that’s resolved or JJP will take care of impacted customers no way I’m a buyer of any edition.

I’ve been waiting for someone to say that. I don’t want to shit on anyone’s excitement, but personally I can’t get excited about anything coming from JJP because of their playfield fiasco as well as their horrendous customer service and them raising the price of GNR LEs twice during the run. It’s a shame because I was a huge JJP fan with the intention of buying many more of their games. But not now. There are other manufacturers out there who build quality machines and STAND BY THEM. I’ll be buying from them for now on.

1 month later
#131 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Wanted a Toy Story, but think the only story that will be made is more of the same crappy playfields as JJP history has shown us for 4 games and counting. Some of us have learned our lesson to stay away from companies that blame their customers for their lack of QC. “No warranty” is the most unbelievable stance any pinball maker has ever taken. Who in their right mind would do business with a company like that???

Yup. That's why I gave up my spot for a GNR LE and I will never buy another JJP game no matter how cool the title (BTW I don't think Toy Story is a very cool title). The hobby now has enough other manufacturers who legitimately care about quality and respect their customers. I'll be giving my business to them in the future. I'll be watching JJP from the sidelines. That sucks because I truly was a big JJP fan. I thought they had the potential to take this hobby to a whole other, great level. Unfortunately they showed us what they really are: a greedy company that will always put profit over quality and not give a shit about its customers.

#145 2 years ago

I’d never call someone who bought from JJP or any other manufacturer a “moron”. I have a JJP POTC, love it and have no intention of selling it. My beef is with JJP for the reasons we’re all familiar with. I feel profoundly let down by JJP, and I’m angry about that. That’s why I’m boycotting them. But if someone else has had a good experience with them and enjoys their game I’m legitimately happy for them. This is a great hobby that’s meant to be fun. So I would never begrudge someone else’s enjoyment. Calling someone a moron (or any other insult) for buying a JJP game is wrong. Those of us who are angry at JJP should direct our anger and our insults AT JJP, nowhere else.

5 months later
#585 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get Lloyd back.
LTG : )

After the way they treated you why would you want to go back?

2 weeks later
#940 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is Jack a Rocky Balboa fan?[quoted image]

I swore off buying another JJP game, but an updated Rocky pin with movie assets would make me reconsider my vow!

2 weeks later
#1498 1 year ago

My two cents here (not that anybody asked for it)…it really bothers me to see JJP rewarded for treating its customers like shit on their last game. I’m not a JJP hater or anything. I’m a happy owner of an LE POTC. It’s just that everyone seems to be falling all over themselves for this game, forgetting that JJP essentially gave us the middle finger with GNR: raising the price twice mid-run, giving mostly useless assistance on the playfield issues, changing their warranty policy, not responding to maintenance requests, etc. I don’t need to rehash all that mess. I just wish there was some blowback to their bottom line so they would realize that is no way for them to run their business. Otherwise, I think they make great games and I’d like to see them continue into the future but with more focus on customer service and quality builds. Again, that’s just my two cents.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

All reasons why, despite wanting TS for years, I’m out at release. If JJP shows that things are different, I’ll look at getting one next year. But there are too many with short memories or FOMO that will gladly take the slots of those voting with their wallets that it won’t make a difference or offer any incentive for JJP to change.

And, like you, I’m now all in on a Cactus Canyon. There are enough good pinball manufacturers out there who actually care about customer service and quality builds for me to leave JJP behind and put my pinball money elsewhere.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At least they honoured people who had their deposits in , unlike Stern who cancelled your order and made you reorder again at the higher price , no matter how long you had been waiting .

Yup. And that’s why I haven’t bought a Stern since 2004.

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m all about different viewpoints but sometimes this shit gets old.
This is a anticipation for Toy Story!
There’s threads for Mirco playfield issues and lack of warranty

I don’t think you are “ all about different viewpoints.” If you were you’d realize that those of us talking about the playfield issues aren’t trying to rain on anyone’s parade. Most, including myself, are just profoundly disappointed in how JJP handled things with their last game and we want them to improve that with this game. JJP makes awesome games. There is definitely a place in the hobby for their high end product, but when they ask a top price for a top product it’s not too much for the purchaser to expect a quality build and good customer service. We have a right to express that opinion on this thread (and any other) with the hope that JJP might realize these are areas they need to improve upon. Speaking for myself, I don’t begrudge anyone’s excitement over Toy Story. I think the game will be incredible and I’m anxious to play it. I’m just hoping it’s of the quality customers deserve for spending as much as this game will cost.

#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I’m getting tired reading so much speculative talk… I hope JJP can finally give a proper tease tomorrow so this thread can be more productive.
I’ll be a little sad if it’s not TS, but I’m still gonna get this CE. I’ve made arrangements with the wife.
I’ve had too many conversations with the wife to not follow through. She finally said yes and I’m taking advantage of it.

Convincing the wife is often the most difficult part about getting a new pin…at least it is in my case. If you’ve completed that mission the rest just falls in line. Get the game and play the hell out of it!

#1722 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I had to laugh because yesterday my wife was giving me a hard time on why I didn't order it yet, why a distributor said that I didn't make the cut on his list, and to be carrying my credit card at all times and keep checking for JJP updates.
So, the opposite is a challenge too. She (and I) really want a CE ... at MSRP, whatever that turns out to be.

Yeah. My wife said she’d like a Toy Story but she stipulated that I had to sell one of my others to get it. No dice for me! I told her that since I bought all our other games (we have separate bank accounts) she should buy the Toy Story. That abruptly ended the conversation.

1 month later
#5862 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Got to agree 100%. Sadly, JJP has a lot of work to do to win back my trust and enthusiasm for owning one of their games.
I’ve only had one JJP (Hobbit) but sold it quickly because it just didn’t resonate. Wanted Dialed In but my wife just thought it was a stupid name/theme (though would have been fine with Quantum City) and I should have bought a WOZ Emerald or RR when I had the chance. And as much as we love Pat Lawlor games there were just too many missteps and questionable decisions on DI, Wonka and TS4. And Pat wanted Butch gone so guess what?
The playfield and warranty debacle really soured me on JJP and the horrible decision to drop an evergreen TS 1-3 game in favor of a dated and lackluster TS4 at a ridiculous price doesn’t inspire confidence moving forward. They seem to shoot themselves in the foot every game about something.
Their first game may end up being their best and yet that was the opposite of Jack’s original plan. I’m still rooting for JJP but no longer see myself buying a game without seeing a significant change in direction.

Much of what you said, I feel the same way. I started out as a huge JJP fan. I have a POTC, love it and have had no real problems with it. But all the crap that went down with GNR, especially the company’s response to customer complaints and raising the price twice mid-run, turned me off big time. I still hope they succeed. I think they bring a lot to the hobby, but I won’t buy from them again if they don’t make some radical changes in regards to warranty, customer service and pricing. For them to expect us to pay their exorbitant prices they damn well better stand behind their product and give us something that’s worth the price. Otherwise, our business will go to other manufacturers. I hope someone of influence at JJP is reading this stuff!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 35.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.