(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 2 years ago

Bit of talk in this JJP thread that people won’t be buying another JJP and implying “morons” buy JJP products.

Take it easy, we’re glad you aren’t buying anymore JJPs, we’re glad you think we are morons, makes it easier for those who want a machine to get one sooner than later.

Why bother to post in this thread if you are done with JJP?

If JJP is such garbage, why do their pins command so much money on the secondhand market?

Why is their top tier model sometimes twice or three times what they sold for new?

Are JJP owners disappointed with playfield issues, yep we are.

Pinball is supposed to be fun and toy story is supposed to be fun. If this isn’t true for you, I’d find something else to spend time on.

Lastly, do you honestly believe JJP likes a defective product and wants that product in their machines? I’m sure they don’t, I’m sure they are trying to fix it and I’m sure there are business dealings and contracts we don’t understand or know about. The playfield issues are well known and likely everyone on pinside or this thread knows about it. It’s a dead horse.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Please show examples of 2 or 3x other than POTC.

Go look at archived ads, here’s two other titles that doubled original price. Is the next argument selling price was undisclosed? Do we need bank transactions to verify?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/120194

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/119499

The only theme that’s never really held it’s value is Dialed In. Even before the prices going up across the board on all pins, JJPs have at least held value if not gone up.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Down vote me all you want but I will never buy a JJP.

Then why are you interested in this JJP tread?

#175 2 years ago

Being that TS has been long speculated and supposedly was to come before wonka, I would think this title is going to be real special. Also likely to be Pat’s last game, with all that said, I have a super high expectation for this from JJP. I am anxious to see what come out!

3 months later
#299 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Personally ,I will never buy from JJP again .It’s not because of the damage on a brand new product I purchased nor any of the other issues that came up .I won’t buy from them again because I was totally ignored !! Now I get to ignore them

Yet here you are, posting and all. I don’t think that’s how ignoring works but IDK.

1 month later
#651 1 year ago

A lot of people guessing the price of games is only helping JJP decide what price to set the games at. This speculation only hurts the potential buyers. It doesn’t help any may only lend to bragging rights that someone “knew” or guessed the price.

Stop speculating prices!

1 week later
#781 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I agree and to assume that JJP is reading these threads and making business decisions based upon what people speculate is ridiculous.

It’s ridiculous to think they DON’T read these threads. It’s also ridiculous if you think none of their business decisions are based off any collected info from pinside or social media. Why wouldn’t they? It’s free information that didn’t require any questionnaires or solicitation.

3 weeks later
#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We did GREAT with WoZ and later jjPotC (even at $1.50/play) on the route I helped with. jjPotC was the #1 earner the whole time we had it. The only dud was Hobbit. It did really bad.

Public pinball is kinda like real estate, location, location, location. Hobbit was a good earner for me at all my locations, PoTC did ok. I had a TAF that did horrible, I moved it 1.5 miles to another location I had and it earned like a mad man. Couldn’t figure it out other than the location.

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Now with gas costing $4.17 a gallon

You are almost a dollar too low, the national average is over $5/gal. Some places are a lot higher, California is over $6/gal. Vehicles cost a lot more today too so I don’t know if that’s a valid argument either. Diesel is even more expensive and most diesel vehicles also require DEF making the cost per mile even more. Another factor is gasoline has been watered down with ethanol nowadays, if you buy non-ethanol gas the price is even higher.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/

Fuel is most definitely the highest it has been for the US. Goods aren’t moved with 90mpg vehicles unless its by train. The real cost goes beyond what you pay at the pump.

#1855 1 year ago

The whole price speculation is getting old. We don’t know what it is. Yes, they could ask a trillion for a one off super duper limited collector edition. They can ask whatever they want for any model.

It is a fine line to toe because if you ask too much, sales stagnate. If you lower prices then previous buyers get pissed and pitch forks come out. Price will be whatever it’s going to be, flippers are going to flip.

I’m pretty sure a smart company would produce a unit with an acceptable profit margin based on percentages, not FOMO. FOMO is not a constant and weakens/goes away, especially in a downturn economy.

#3670 1 year ago

I can’t keep up with ALL the posts without having thoughts get sidetracked. I noticed a lot of complaints about how bare the PF is and where are all the toys/mechs. I thought the same thing when I seen the video. It reminded me of Elvira when I first seen it. It is pretty plain, but it’s a fun pin.

Lots to complain about and that’s what todays pinball crowd seem to like to do best. I think Elvira and the prices for it are crazy too. 20k plus for an updated color of purple is crazy. I think a piece of couch cloth is crazy and somehow adds value to a pin.

Point is, I think all pinball is stupid expensive now and pins need played to have a proper assessment if they are worth the price or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.