(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:Respectfully, this is the problem with the hobby at the moment. FOMO - it's a pinball.

Who is it a problem for? At most for the folks who are afraid of missing out and stress themselves. That‘s their choice and choice is good. I see a choice of new machines I can buy if I want to. Or a used one. Prices are high, sure, but that’s supply and demand. Too much cash in people’s pockets? - a problem? Pinball manufacturers seem to be doing well - that’s good - right - unless maybe you are going for bankruptcy closeout deals.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

To add to this, I would caution even buying this game. It will likely come with a shitty playfield that will chip up in a hundred plays or so.

And if you feel the risk is too high the game will not give you all the pleasure you feel you’ve earned with the money spent then don’t buy it - it’s your choice. Where’s the problem? And you can even increase your pleasure by telling us here on Pinside you think the risk is too high.

7 months later
#365 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Don’t count on a announcement of a new game just yet

party pooper

3 weeks later
#480 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Dialed In wasn’t so bad, but had a nagging issue with left ramp switch that eventually required intervention from Lawlor himself (which was pretty damned awesome; almost worth the month or so of headaches. For the record: Pat helped me get it straightened out in < 24 hours. #legend>

that sounds like an interesting story! Can you tell us more or have you described it elsewhere? Ordinarily I would think switch issues are pretty straight forward.

3 weeks later
#643 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I am expecting 13K and $17K

let’s hope not. I’d love to get a new JJP, but there are limits.

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Not a ton of mechanical toy stuff in GnR either.

I would argue that GnR LE is loaded - especially with the lighting, moving spotlights and with the new switch technologies they used. Fewer mechs, I agree, but that upper playfield is pretty fancy. So I think the trend started with Wonka won’t be continued. When Wonka came out, the official price was even lower than DI so they were following a different strategy. Now, they have to justify the higher prices and they have to uphold the claim they allow their designers more creative freedom - which I think will generally lead to larger BoMs. That’s my hope, anyway.

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:I've never understood the need/desire for "custom callouts". I'd be just as happy (maybe happier) if they could just use audio right from the movie(s).

I kind of like custom callouts - it’s something you can’t get frpm the films.

#889 1 year ago

a spaced theme pin with humor. I could get into that. I generally don't watch animated shows, but the animations are pretty impressive.

1 week later
#1010 1 year ago

if only there were other pins we could play to fill in the time until the next JJP is introduced…

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from APfan1:

I've seen JJP's next game. Don't want to spill the beans in here publicly. Let's just say the hysteria they created after the GnR reveal is going to seem tame compared to their next one....
I've also seen and played Nordman's new game at American Pinball. It's a great time for pinball (with the exception of the prices, of course).

All yesterday’s news. I played Steve Ritchie’s new JJP game. It’s nice, I liked it. But it’s a big secret, so I can’t tell you about it.

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

All I got say is... Play it before you buy it folks..

Why? You can get all the info you need watching videos and reading the ruleset. After that you just need to convince yourself you made the right decision. And if you can‘t do that you sell it.

Oh wait, now I get it, you‘re hoping to convince CE customers to wait so you have a better chance of getting a CE yourself. Clever…

No need to worry about me, though, I won‘t be getting a CE.

#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I bought an original WOZ ECLE for $6500 and canceled my Hobbit after the problems JJP had and the “evolution” of that game
A 5k “LE” run is NOT limited.
Either you serve the “collector market” or you don’t.
All of these companies are pushing the limits and risk bastardizing the whole process
Can’t charge what they want to charge with unlimited runs. That simple. If they could they would. Same with Stern

You say this like there are some rules regarding „limited“ or „collectors“ editions. Is this really true? I suppose a rule could be if they say an edition is „limited“ to a certain number of units, then they should stick to that, but I reckon there are ways around that - like introducing a further limited edition. I interpret your remark „bastardizing“ the whole process as irritating the customers (maybe to such an extent that sales decrease). Is that a danger? Honest questions, I do not know.

From my point of view, I see the „limited“ editions is a way to maximize margins on sold units and to optimize (probably maximize) number of units built. Ideally this strategy will delight customers and minimize the number of frustrated customers. It‘s a balancing act. What is the best strategy when you consider the interests of the manufacturer first?

1 week later
#4760 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Im actually surprised that we cant see how simple this is to fix. Why cant we just add more pop bumpers to it? Im shocked that pat "pop bumper" lawlor didn't cram them in those blank spots.

Great idea - put 3 pops between the slingshots for some serious ball action. I‘m in!

3 weeks later
#5576 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The reception among the "non-pinball" people on this machine at the company office has been overwhelmingly positive

that makes sense - JJP has again gone into new territory - it keeps reinventing pinball…

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

This doesn’t seem normal. I haven’t had a single stuck ball in about 50 plays on this game.

non pinball people play differently - I‘ve seen balls getting stuck in places pinheads would never experience.

#5589 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey hey hey hey, you’re gonna piss off Derek! It’s a Microsoft Surface in the upper corner!

I thought JJP ran on Unix - so it clearly can‘t be MS or Apple - let‘s just call it a workstation.

#5823 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The power of lowered expectations going in.

that‘s kind of the elephant in the room isn‘t it? Owning and playing pinball machines is a lot of fun, but is it 10, 12 or 15K fun? That’s an awful lot of fun to be expecting. In the last few years I just haven‘t seen anything to say yes to. Or maybe I‘ve just been seduced by Visual Pinball. I think Toy Story was the easiest new pin ever to say no to.

#5825 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have you seen the new Stern Iron Maiden by VP Workshop?

I have. I need to spend more time with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.