(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacklightprod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 2 years ago

Here is what I would throw into the ring... if JJP is starting to make more Wonka, then the next JJP game can't be very far away!

1 month later
#97 2 years ago

Toy Story is obviously next and its going to be HUGE! It might be their biggest seller ever. I’m predicting 1000 CE this time around with a price of about $13,500.00 That will be my guess. I think Matrix will be after Toy Story… JJP will be on fire in 2022.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

If you think we are getting two games next year then.

I'll bet you a pinball on that. From what I'm hearing the next game behind Toy Story is also already done. They hired new designers right but why? So they can release those games in 2029? I think their new game will release soon and they'll start a schedule going forward. What I mean by that is now that they have two lines, they'll release a production schedule. I doubt they're going to sell games until the game stops selling. I think JJP is going to have some great announcements coming up!

7 months later
#4464 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The SDTM video review just seemed fake and forced.
I like their reviews, but come on guys.
Either way it won't change how I feel about the game. Going to play it on location and doubt I'll ever buy it.

This post right here SUMS UP ALL THE NEGATIVITY! But First Delt is a totally Kaneda Shill so if he hates the game Delt hates the game. Delt is just a loudmouth who likes to pretend he’s something special. I’ll never forgot his one chance for fame to go head to head with Zach and he sounded like a goof. I can’t take anything he says serious.

Anyway back to my original comment. This guy here ‘Pinball Wiz’ summed it up best. He’s bashing on Zach’s review of the game while at the same time he says it won’t change how he feels about the game, but admits he has NOT NOT NOT played it yet because he says he’s going to play it this weekend.

Yo WIZ… before you’re almost positive you won’t buy the game PLAY THE GAME first. Don’t you test drive a car before you buy it? Why wouldn’t you test drive a pinball before you buy it??? The game is amazing, you can take it to the bank.

The game is just pure magic and you will discover that once you played it.

To all the negative people, just go play it give the game a chance to win you over, I’m betting you’ll have a change of heart. Personally I liked Zach and Gregs review and found it to be dead on the money. I’m not sure I’ve ever agreed with Zach before so this might be a first. I thought he was totally honest, despite trying to sell you a game at the end. But honestly that is his business, you know that going in so it is what it is. But the review was very accurate after you’ve played the game.

#4466 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

There's just so much to unpack here and I wish I did have a positive outlook! I really wanted to love this game! But let's start with the unpopular Toy Story 4 theme and work from there ($12K price tag, lack of real toys in the game, nothing really exciting to look forward to besides it just being new). On top of that, even the side target bank is plain stand-ups and not drop targets.. something a JJP game should have to bring that "premium JJP feel".

My point is simple basically everyone with a negative review hasn’t played the game including you per your post. My point is and I stand by it play the game then give a review. how can you give a review of the game itself without playing. What am I missing???

BTW the game does have a drop target it blocks the lock on the left side of the game. Again go play it!

You also said UNPOPULAR THEME… hmmm I think you got mixed up there. Toy Story as a brand is the 5th highest grossing license in the World. Toy Story 4 falls under that brand. Furthermore if you visit Disneyland or Disney World the toy story rides are carnival themed, so I’m pretty sure this is what Disney told JJP they could use.

Look let me spell it out for you… pinside is full of people with a vast difference of opinion on what a theme should be to what should or shouldn’t be included in the game itself. I think many if not most --pinsiders are old school, they want Die Hard, Ozzy, Judas Priest, stuff along those lines. A theme like Toy Story isn’t going to appeal to them today, tomorrow or ever no matter how good the game is. It’s just a fact.

So it really doesn’t matter but what is a fact this game is going to sell 5,000 units because this game appeals to people who’re NOT pinball collectors as well as many pinball collectors. It’s a massive title no matter all the negative.

#4470 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Overall criticisms:
1) Wish it included TS movies 1-3.
2) Price seems high for what you get.
Feature criticisms:
3) Where are all the mechanical toys?
4) Why is a big iPad in the back corner?

Yes I think everyone wish it was Toy Story 1-3. I think people wished for Johnie Depp face in Pirates. Let me go one further… how about Deadpool game gets made based on the popularity of the movie, as does Avengers and Jurassic Park and NONE of those games have a SINGLE asset. True or False?

Toy Story pinball game IS TOY STORY because it has Tim Allen voicing the entire game. The game features you got a friend in me, plus tons of clips from the movie including Buzz and Woody.

Price doesn’t seem high for you get… 1 you’re paying for the Toy Story license lets start there. You’re paying for Tim Allen to voice the call outs. You’re paying for an overall better machine than the other companies, and lastly if you don’t go play it you’re not understanding everything in the game. Just play it.

Again as for price explain how Jurassic Park is worth 20k on this site when it doesn’t have a SINGLE asset nothing. Basically even the most hated Stern games like Munsters is selling for 18k but Toy Story isn’t worth 12? You lost me there.

You want to know about features… ball ramp feature - big screen plays mini games - pop up doll target - 3rd flipper - 4 pops - drop target ball lock - light bar led strip on both sides of the game - magnetic aprons to eliminate ugly cards - Bigger monitor than ANY other manufacturer - exterior cabinet headphone jack - camera that puts you into the game and takes your picture (no other pinball company features these) - captive ball - kickback - prize wheel spinner mech - oh and lets not forget JJP has the best back end matrix system. Oh and MORE LEDS than ANY other pinball ever created other than Guns N Roses.

As for the IPAD it plays mini games clearly they want you to be able to see it. Again this is a different approach to pinball go PLAY IT you’ll love it.

#4538 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

So far, everyone I know that was initially disappointed in the reveal (me being one), has played it, and loved it

Don’t say that your comments have way to much TRUTH and HONESTLY… this will get you cancelled. What a brave man you are my friend. Your comments wave in the face of the narrative being spewed.

Everyone saying the game is terrible hasn’t played it. Everyone who initially didn’t like it played it and loved it.

What else can you say other than GO PLAY THE GAME.

People want to hate on the game because the price, but when you ask a question like well then why is Jurassic Park 20k, or the hated Munsters 18k you hear crickets. If we’re to hate a game merely because of the price then I’m guessing there isn’t a single fan of Big Bang Bar right? C’mon so you don’t like the price but go play the game and review the game based on the game itself. Simple.

#4545 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I’ve said, you can complain about price but when Stern LEs are selling for $15k plus it’s gonna fall on deaf ears.

At least someone or a few of us have some common sense. Someone on this very site RIGHT NOW is offering a Munsters Premium for $16,500.00. Okay lets break that down Munsters which is not really a hot in demand license vs Toy Story a top 5 World wide license. Hmmm… and people complain about the price.

If we went up and down ALL of these threads and looked at everyone and I mean everyone who’s complaining about the price and we looked at their asking prices for games they’ve tried to sell what would we see??? So the very people on this site has created the market where Stern also raised prices from the 9k range for a limited edition to $11,099 and they want to complain.

NEW GAMES such as Toy Story are STILL CHEAPER than the USED games the VERY people on this thread are selling right now. Makes no sense at all to complain about $12,000 when they’re selling a Munsters Premium for $16,500.00

Furthermore look at the ads for this game right now people are asking $17,500 for the CE right now. Who created that number not JJP. Also before the release of Toy Story we saw STERN putting out 199 Elvira 40th and putting their distos up to selling the game for 25 to 30k. ELVIRA STILL DIDN”T COME WITH A TOPPER… Toy Story CE has a topper and its HALF THE PRICE! HELLO… why the double standard

Price of pinball and what people are willing to pay was created by the pinball buyers market about 2 years ago to today. If all of us are hating on prices, why don’t we ALL agree to go on our listings and drop the prices across the board 30%. Who would do that? No one obviously. We all want the max we can get out of anything we sell a car, house, or a pinball. We created the numbers now we complain about a supplier raising the price is so hypocritical.

Bottom line Toy Story brand new in the box is cheaper RIGHT NOW than Munsters Premium apparently.

#4555 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

It’s just funny when adults flip out when they get criticized if they get suckered into buying a $15k+ pinball machine where the highlight is a pop up Gabby bash toy.

I know I hear you its terrible. A brand new game is cheaper than Munster Premium asking $16,500.00. Godzilla LE 20k - Elvira Premium $15k - Tron LE 20k - some guy asked for 60K a few weeks ago for a Batman SLE. Let’s not forget Beatles ask out of the gate or Elvira 40th people asking 30k. And you’re really complaining about 12k for a brand new game. Don’t you find that slightly hypocritical.

I don’t know just saying. Why is it we as buyers of these games feel its fair game to ask for the sky the moon and the stars but the supplier can’t. Is Black Knight really worth the 20k some people are trying to get for that game right now? Seriously? That same person would ask 20k for their game but then RAIL ON JJP for asking 12k for a game with a top 5 license from Disney.

I again point out to you that NEW GAMES RIGHT NOW ARE CHEAPER THAN USED GAMES! Think about that for a second. Who created this market the sellers or the buyers then resellers????

Easy to point fingers but never look directly in the mirror! Here is the other thing that boggles the mind… KANEDA has been advocated that JJP sell their games for 18 to 25k now he’s complaining about the price. HUH.

Maybe the World right now is just in a place where no one is happy who knows. Play Toy Story it will make you happy. Just give it a try!

#4559 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Your whole argument is based off of crazy asking prices not sold prices. Just because some people are fishing for a sucker does not mean the whole collector community is stupid enough to bite.

FALSE!

Point One: JJP raised the price of Guns N’ Roses LE to $11,000

Point Two: As a follow up Stern Raised the prices of their LE to $11,099

Point Three: Then Stern did the unthinkable they released Elvira 40th and DISTROS asked $30,000 for these games.

Point Four: You say ask not selling price… I don’t disagree with your point because I make that same point myself. Anyone can ask any crazy price doesn’t mean it will sell. But many of these games have sold for these prices, but either way the PERCEPTION which was created by the resellers is that people want to pay up to $38,000 dollars for a Pirates CE, $25,000 for a Tron Le, $30,000 for a Batman SLE, or as I pointed out $16,500 for a Munsters Premium. Look around man there isn’t anyone asking for less than what they paid even for PRO models. Stranger Things PRO have sold for 8 to 9k or more. What is the perception right now coming from the market?

LOOK AT THE BIG AUCTION THAT HAPPENED… we all followed that right??? Don’t tell me that didn’t change the market as well because it did. People DID PAY!

So I think your point about 12k being too much is mute, especially when we’re seeing right now people selling their CE version for up to $20k. Can we at least agree that the FLIP buyers/sellers have creeped into pinball in a big way? Jersey Jack didn’t create this situation and neither did Stern… Stern can ask for 30k for Elvira but if no one pays for it they need to sell it for a lot less. People paid! Remember just a couple years ago certain distros made a sales pitch to never sell higher than MSRP but now almost all of them mark the games up especially on LE versions.

When people STOP buying the prices will go down. People are paying for $7.00 gas right now it’s CRAZY! Everything is CRAZY. I was THIS CLOSE to buying a Lamborghini Aventador for $206,000 they came down from 240 to 216. I was only an inch from saying yes… then covid happened now the same used LAMBO would be about $330k. It’s crazy man. When everyone stops buying things will change. But 12k for a new in box game when Munsters is 16,500 the game isn’t overpriced sorry not by todays market.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacklightprod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=blacklightprod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.