(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badgerx23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#654 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

A lot of people guessing the price of games is only helping JJP decide what price to set the games at. This speculation only hurts the potential buyers. It doesn’t help any may only lend to bragging rights that someone “knew” or guessed the price.
Stop speculating prices!

Yeah they are going, hey the 5 guys at pinside said they would pay this

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

JJP lives here like you do.
Still haunting...[quoted image]

Keep forgetting we live right by each other. Still hoping to cross paths and start a fun casual house league. South Elgin represent

1 month later
#2071 1 year ago

I made the mistake of only getting on the list of one distributor a year and a half ago. They are smaller I imagine. I should have put in more effort. But definitly trying for a ce tomorrow. Won’t buy an LE from the website, might even just buy a discounted gnr at some point instead and play the waiting game on toy story

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Email from Joe @ pinballstar about ordering
How Can I Order ?
JJP’s next game goes on sale tomorrow TUESDAY 6/14 at 12 NOON EST…
THE ONLY WAY TO ORDER IS VIA OUR EMAIL BLAST PAYPAL LINK.
IF YOU GOT THIS EMAIL THEN YOU'LL GET IT ONE TOMORROW AT 12 NOON.

I somehow did not make the blast list, lame.

#2136 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Check your spam folder.

First thing I did, maybe my email to them went to spam . Emailed them same day he posted the email. But I’m sure they were overwhelmed lol

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have a feeling were going have lots of disappointed folks as they wake up and see this .

Yeah. Only the duke kaboom topper was impressive

#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Watched it, but it doesn’t show much and highlights how much is not there. Shows its pretty mechless. Maybe actual game play will reveal some hidden gems?

Just really disappointed in the large screen on the playfield. Especially when it has a pinball mode on it. Mini games are fun and all but it takes away from the actual pinball experience.

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Disney wanted TS4 when? Before TS4 movie was released back in 2019? Releasing the game as TS4 back then would have made sense, but now especially as the new Buzz movie is about to hit, the TS4 theme seems old. I really wish Disney / JJP could have found a way to licence Toy Story as a theme rather than pinning the game to the 1 movie, especially the 4th one.

Even themeing it after the ride, toy story mania

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

I'm willing to bet the game is fun to shoot.
The big ramp shot to the big fake mirror hole looks like a rewarding shot that most anybody can hit.
It looks like a lot of the BOM budget went to software and the big LCD. There is a mini pinball game on the LCD which really rubs me the wrong way... If i wanted to pay digital pinball on a screen, I'll play in VR. I like real pinball because it's mechanical and not digital....
I agree with those wishing more original characters ended up as real toys.
Like others, based on price and current info, this has gone from a definite purchase to a wait and see.

With that big plastic catcher level, seems pretty easy. I wonder if it holds up better than the playfields. And wonder how the spot looks where the ball falls off. I am
Personally not a fan of when balls leave the playfield

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from BradVR4:

Plot twist.
All these "leaked" images and videos were from the prototype machine they scrapped years ago before 100% redesigning it to the machine that everyone is hoping for based on the complete TS IP, with better toys, more mechs, and a plethora of A-list characters with all the original voices.
The marketing is following a 3 Act structure, we are in Act 2 at the moment, waiting for the final resolve to be released at 12pm EST with the real images and videos!

Can confirm the little girl is my niece and she’s 30 now

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

No magnets at all either? No drop targets? This is the most stripped down jjp game to date. Also hate that the whole top left of the playfield is nothing but a screen.

There is 1 drop target and I think 3 magnets that hold the balls behind it. Not sure how they stay there otherwise

#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

When do order start? Next week maybe? I know nothing 100% but based off past JJP sneak peaks like on their website

It starts in 1.5 hours

#2736 1 year ago
Quoted from dbellAZ:

Uhh, cause it opened in 2010?

The actual land was 2018 but who’s counting

#2745 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

No way they use a magnet to hold locked balls

I relooked at the picture and zoomed in, you’re right. I swear I saw something about a drop target though.

#2968 1 year ago

Well that sold out lol

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Just one little click away...
NOPE
[quoted image]

At least your tax is 1k less than mine was. I just can’t justify it. Guess I’m in the waiting group now

#3030 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I got a CE from jersery jack and having buyers remorse lol. Can I cancel it or you think it can be worth something?

It will be worth less than you paid

#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

There isn’t anything behind it, no worries

Could have put it in the middle of the playfield then, nothing there either , lol

#3103 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ummmm…..?
[quoted image]

Was on their “list” will see if they reach out
Just got the pinball star email. That’s a bit late

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

“error loading” comments. Riiiiiiiiiight…
[quoted image]

Didn’t realize there was a target to activate the playfield issues

#3126 1 year ago

I’m 5 minutes in and the editing and camera work is horrendous. The side shot of pat is hysterical

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:My guess is the licensing costs was crushing to the BOM.. so they stick with the 'no SE edition' launch plan to push their ASP up.
.. but even while they said they made the game to be kid friendly and approachable... where a SE would have made a lot more sense.
I still think they have a SE in their back pocket... just deciding if they actually launch it based on market reaction to their 'new' prices.

Not much to cut out of the machine to make a SE

#3174 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

My thoughts exactly. Anything removed and then you have a Stern Homepin (almost).
Watching more of the gameplay, it doesn't excite me. The loop shot to the third flipper is just uninsipring and boring. I guess how GZ did the third flipper shot, while simple, is just fun and new.
The design team just seems out of touch in the video about what's going to be exciting and what really is exciting to me.

I was so pumped to finally get a CE for something, but now don’t know if I ever will. We will see if another dream pin ever comes out. Back to my met pro … lol

#3182 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

"Approachable" should never cost 12-15k.

Also a pin for kids. Broke open her piggy bank, she’s not gonna make it.

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

How do you guys feel about the fact that the CE has a lot more Annie Potts callouts than the LE (was being told in the featurette video)? Because that is bothering me actually. My thoughts are that the games should be the same especially because the CE's are limited.
Also someone here in this thread said they deliberately programmed flipper lag into the Tiki pinball game on the 10 inch screen. Now I do know how difficult it is to get no lag on a virtual pin even with good hardware so I would call that a bit of BS actually. And not nice to play when it has lag in the flippers. Thoughts?

Just from the video it looked like the virtual flippers were very floaty

#3739 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And yet, they had their biggest sales day in history.
https://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4586
Maybe the Pinside hive mind is wrong!

That’s only 2500 games. So they’re including distributor allocations

It’s also higher cause they jacked the price up bigly, lol. So real unit numbers are a better metric

#3766 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I was referring to the franchise, not a particular film. Here are some generic franchise underwear for you:
[quoted image]

Now this should have been in the upper left corner

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Been away for a while, got the email from JJP and hopped over here. I have been holding off buying new pins for a while waiting to see this one first. BIG MISTAKE.
Would love to see what Pat designed 2+ years ago before the Disney execs and bean counters got a hold of this. Sigh.

Heard it’s called wonka

#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

So.. let's say you're not an early adopter. Im not, the theme IS a letdown (TS4 vs TS 1-3), but the game still looks fun. Where will the resale for the LE end up? Msrp? 12k? Less? Is this the pinball community saying too much? There was no way JJP good sell this for $11k to match Wonka or GnR, or should they have?

Less until/if it sells out. Then maybe msrp as I think the CE does not have much room to run up at 1k size

#3869 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I just wished that if they wanted a screen for mini games then put a 5 to 7 in vertical one on the apron and made a claw mech for the green aliens that would have grabbed a pinball via magnet out as a prize. Kinda like the gumball on TZ. In the back corner. And a Buzz lightyear on a rail moving back and forth.

Worst part is because of the ratio can’t even mod it to be an etch a sketch. Unless you made the etch a sketch sideways, imo, silly that way

#3878 1 year ago

It still looks so empty.

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

You don't need a cluttered playfield to have a good time IMO.

I want to be excited about it, don’t get me wrong. I just feel like it’s missing that world under glass feeling

#4319 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:What percentage is the customers fault?

The other 100%

#4492 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Yes I think everyone wish it was Toy Story 1-3. I think people wished for Johnie Depp face in Pirates. Let me go one further… how about Deadpool game gets made based on the popularity of the movie, as does Avengers and Jurassic Park and NONE of those games have a SINGLE asset. True or False?
Toy Story pinball game IS TOY STORY because it has Tim Allen voicing the entire game. The game features you got a friend in me, plus tons of clips from the movie including Buzz and Woody.
Price doesn’t seem high for you get… 1 you’re paying for the Toy Story license lets start there. You’re paying for Tim Allen to voice the call outs. You’re paying for an overall better machine than the other companies, and lastly if you don’t go play it you’re not understanding everything in the game. Just play it.
Again as for price explain how Jurassic Park is worth 20k on this site when it doesn’t have a SINGLE asset nothing. Basically even the most hated Stern games like Munsters is selling for 18k but Toy Story isn’t worth 12? You lost me there.
You want to know about features… ball ramp feature - big screen plays mini games - pop up doll target - 3rd flipper - 4 pops - drop target ball lock - light bar led strip on both sides of the game - magnetic aprons to eliminate ugly cards - Bigger monitor than ANY other manufacturer - exterior cabinet headphone jack - camera that puts you into the game and takes your picture (no other pinball company features these) - captive ball - kickback - prize wheel spinner mech - oh and lets not forget JJP has the best back end matrix system. Oh and MORE LEDS than ANY other pinball ever created other than Guns N Roses.
As for the IPAD it plays mini games clearly they want you to be able to see it. Again this is a different approach to pinball go PLAY IT you’ll love it.

Think you meant overpaying

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.95
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badgerx23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=badgerx23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.