(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I'm thinking $15k CE, $12k - $12.5k LE. Crazy.

Is it crazy if they sell out? Shrugs.

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

People are starting to get even more worried about the economy after the Thursday friday stock market, i believe it will be bloody this Monday, perfect time to release a new overpriced game. Glad the CEs sold out for them, but that wont carry the company, unless of course its a tax shelter for a bunch of corporate investors then it really doesn’t matter

The amount and consistency of fear and panic leads me to believe the worst is over. People with money still have plenty as far as I can see, and in most cases are probably better off than pre pandemic. Demand for our hobby is thru the roof. There are more people, with more money and bigger houses. The game will sell extraordinarily well, and absent a nuclear war, our markets/economy will be fine after possibly a mild “recession”. Just my opinion. I look forward to once again seeing if I will be owning my first JJP.

#1576 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The national average price for gasoline hit a $5/gallon for the first time in history this week. The vast majority of Americans, including those working in factories making things such as pinball machines, are being absolutely crushed by that and food prices. I honestly don't understand your assessment about a "mild" recession.

Allow me to explain and you can still disagree if you like:

1) talking about absolute prices is not applicable for comparing to history due to inflation- particularly gasoline. Compared to the last time gas was high, what kind of mileage were people getting? How far were they driving? More or less? We’re gas stations more ubiquitous and closer? We’re more stores closer? Did they have as great a chance of working or attending school remotely? $5 is just a nice number that’s easy to write about and get clicks.

2) mild meaning short lived in the technical sense of the definition of recession. I believe flat/growth returns shortly after due to basic supply and demand. There is an invisible hand in place that will prevent too deep/long of a recession. That’s all I mean by mild. Yes pain OF COURSE, but not breadlines.

I’m not saying things are perfect, just saying I don’t believe the doom gloom scenarios. Things will level out and all the while those of typing on a pinball hobby forum will extraordinarily likely be fine and in most cases more than fine.

#2604 1 year ago

This is the most pinside that pinside has ever been lol. Layout does look fun. I understand the theme disappointment though, what a shame.

#2631 1 year ago

Saved by the bell. The new class. ?

#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Look forward to not playing it since no operators really touch JJP in Chicago for whatever reason.. :/

I don’t operate them. It’s a numbers/inventory game for me mostly. I have stern parts and I move games a lot. Adopting JJP would require slight variations in inventory, more body strain moving games, and higher invested capital on average. It’s a shame too because their themes are killer, even TS4 would be absolutely bonkers killer at MPB and probably most locations despite the launch day typing here.

#2761 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow. I was ALL IN on a CE. Had a spot lined up and all. Big fan of Toy story. I'm 37 and grew up with it. My girls love it too. But....just wow..... I'm out. Can't believe I'm saying that.
Me: You can't screw up Toy Story, there is way too much awesome stuff to work with!
JJP: Hold my beer.

“Hold my beer” when executed properly is so damn funny. Lol.

It will sell well despite launch day typing.

#4755 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Legit laughed out loud. Thanks manadams.

#5126 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

May be time to go back to mostly location pinball and away from HUO, good for ops

Hey I’m all for it, but I disagree.
Plenty of new-ish regulars have turned into “in home owners” over the last 5 years.
They keep playing on loc plenty too

Quoted from PtownPin:

Off the charts....the Cleland sound code is an improvement. If u haven't tried give a shot....I like the Negan whistle

Don’t forget my NIN/Radiohead mix, retains Cleland. Given out over 400 times.

A shame about toy story. I’m sure it’s fun when it’s working. I doubt it’s 12k+ fun. I want to put one at MPB but not at 12k+ and hassle of stocking more slightly different parts.

#5128 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I tried to make it all the way through this thread, lol, but by page 50 or so it just started to feel like groundhog day, lol. So I am just going to skip to the end.
I get it, TS4 theme is a let down, everyone (including JJP I bet) would have preferred the general TS theme allowing it to include any bits and pieces from all 4. But from a movie company perspective, I bet they would much prefer it be their most recent release. Sucks, but it is what it is.
My wife is a huge TS fan, before release I was instructed to get a CE site un-seen. I reached out to 4 distributors. All 4 said they were "sold out" of spots before the game was even released!! I'm sure the lists were comprised of their most die hard $$$ spending customers, I get it, but it sucked none the less.\
I decided I would give ordering direct a try. The morning of, I saw all the leaked pictures, confirming the game details and that it's TS4, etc etc. Huge let down. It's 9am and my wife is yelling "buy! buy! buy!" and I'm like, there is NO WAY they sell out of CE's... so i go to check out and BAM, sold out, lol.
Luckily, I think i dodged a bullet there (no offence intended to any other CE buyers). I like the art better on the LE, I dont really care about the bo peep extra speech, and IMHO the topper is a little disappointing for the extra CE cost. Lastly, LE gets here much faster.
So i went with an LE, it should get here late next week. Yes it's 12k which is way too much, but I am still going to give it a shot. I disagree that all people buying NIB's think they can grab one, play it, and if they dont like it flip it for a profit. Specially in this economy. I will get it, enjoy it, and if its not a keeper, in a year or two I'll sell it for whatever the current market will be, if that means I take a loss, BFD. I got my moneys worth for a year or two of enjoyment (I dont have enough time to play to where I would keep it for any less than that).
I think it looks fun! I think my wife will love it (she's the one that demanded it any way, lol) my kids will never play it because they couldn't care less about toy story, but I'm not buying it for them so I don't really care.
If you're happy to get it, awesome!
If you think JJP sucks and they are milking even more money out of the hobby that is fine too, you're entitled to your opinion. Me? I'd rather have them around than not, and I am always curious as to what they come out with next.
So congrats to JJP on releasing their next title and I also think its awesome that they were able to announce it and immediately start shipping.
Time will tell if TS4 is a success or flop, but given the sales so far, seems pretty successfully to me, but let's see how things look in a few months.

This should be a key post. Unprecedented logic and sanity!

3 months later
#6019 1 year ago

Now appearing at My Parents Basement in ATL.

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
#6020 1 year ago

I have to say, it is WAY more fun than I thought. Getting my own hands on it to tune the flipper power and level it combined with not having to wait forever at a pinball show is all the difference in the world.

My initial reaction is that the hate for the game itself is based on the price (which, yes, does absolutely suck) and ppl be lettin’ dat bleed into dey opinyun.

I’m shocked at how much I want to play again tbh.

We’ll see how it earns! We’ve always thought it would be a killer theme for earnings as we get decent kids traffic on weekends and regulars have been clamoring for the subtle variety that JJP brings.

TLDR:
Gabby’s ugly and I want to bash her face in.

#6030 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

That’s an overblown statement IMHO. We are a household of above average players and we haven’t reached the wizard in 200 plays. I am not an advanced player but I have reached Pure Imagination on Wonka, scored 3B on Godzilla, 104M on GNR and 90M on RIck and Morty. Then again, reaching a wizard mode doesn’t ruin a fun game for me.

Thanks for that reference. If you’re capable of 3B on GZ, 100M on GNR and 90 on RM, and haven’t reached TS4 Wizard in 200 plays then I’m feeling pretty good about TS4 difficulty overall.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 35.00
$ 16.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=atlpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.