(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astro_judge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Any info on playfield layout or toys? Seems awfully close to not hear anything leak yet.

I definitely think there will be toys.

(Sorry ...and GO SUNS!)

4 weeks later
#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The obvious pinball toy is a claw that picks up a pinball and deposits it somewhere else on the playfield

Would love to see Lawlor pay homage to his days of mind-blowing toys on the playfield for how special this theme is-- a working Claw would be right up there with the Gumball Machine and Rudy..

My predictions:
- Lawlor returns to a 4-flipper layout
- Claw on small-ish upper playfield ala Twilight Zone
- Opening/Closing Toy Chest with a jump ramp
- Major modes for Woody / Buzz / Forkie
- Minor modes ala Batman '66 to rescue other toys for power-ups / bonuses

Can't wait to finally see this one! Also, when did the rumor start about TS being Pat's last game? Would be a shame, but if he's put the work in to make another masterpiece as expected, I can see him wanting to go out on top.

#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Godzilla Pro would absolutely bring more people in to buy Beer. However, Toy Story would bring more people in to buy pizza and attract more Birthday parties. One group has and spends alot more money though... and has transportation of their own.

You're all waaaaay underestimating how frantic Disney Adults can be... If you still think most Disney fans are kids riding around on bikes, you're mistaken. Lots of people out there with cash to burn on anything relatively cool with a Disney logo.

I also think you're overestimating how much a machine's theme will affect the draw. Pinball people will show up wherever the games are and casual players will drop credits into anything that aligns with their interests just for the novelty of playing. Kids are just as likely to be into Stranger Things, Mando / SW, Avengers, TMNT, Jurassic Park, Rick & Morty... Trying to distinguish between "Kid Themes" and "Adult Themes" is hilarious now that companies like Disney and Marvel have erased any divide between the two to take advantage of Disney Adult nostalgia.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Eh... I'm sure there are more Disney Adults than I realize. As to "kid themes". I have 3, who are 5, 8, and 10. Of the items you mentioned they are into/would appreciate Avengers, Jurassic Park, Mando, and Star Wars. However, Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, and TMNT are things they are not interested in at all. This coming from a Father that would love to have, "but the kids like it!" as a guilt free excuse for another pin.

Yeah, ST and R&M would likely be more interesting to the pre-teen/middle school crowd depending on when they started watching. At my usual location, Turtles, Hot Wheels, Simpsons, Shrek, and (oddly) Tron are all super popular with families playing whichever game the kid picks out.

#3322 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And I know there is a large group of people that buy *only* JJP games.
FWIW - my distributor says sales are strong today.

Totally agreed. They've got a good following for a boutique label -- but those are already pinball people with pinball opinions.

I'm more interested in what happens when the news leaks out to places like Disney fansites. Rush is a good example of a game that could hook into a rabid fanbase even if they've only stopped into a barcade every so often. I'd imagine there's a significant number of Disney Adults who recently bought SW/Mando/Avengers as their first game and now they're eyeing Toy Story as the crown jewel of their Disney collection.

#3339 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think you grossly overestimate how much you think you know about the casual pinball customers. Theme is everything to get them to try a game.
Kids run past every title you just mentioned to play Super Mario Bros when they've never even seen the pin before.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant when I said casual players drop money into whatever happens to line up with their interests. I was trying to say that I don't think the presence of a specific theme like Toy Story vs. Godzilla would affect the type of crowd the venue draws like SantaEatsCheese mentioned with the Birthday Parties vs. Beer argument.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Oh, and I'm in for a CE if some of the Annie Potts callouts are from Designing Women.

Unfortunately Stern scooped the rights for Designing Women. Rumored to be the next Kapow release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.95
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astro_judge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=astro_judge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.