(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I'm concerned that this title will suffer from lack of assets. For the love of God is it too much to ask when we pay 11-14,500 on these new JJP games. If anyone is listening over there please realize this matters.
I want to hear and see the words / music that make this license so special. And in a perfect world see and hear them at the same time.... (wonka)
I do appreciate that JJP will create a world under glass experience However I would really appreciate it if the code had some substance and was not just all multiballs as well.
This is constructive criticism. Tough love approach. Hope it helps.
I'm 100% in on a Toy Story. JJP please do not disappoint.
[quoted image]

I want Buzz to have a Spanish mode

4 weeks later
#87 2 years ago

Buzz Lightyear without Buzz's voice, that movie is off to a bad start

5 months later
#411 2 years ago

JJP posted a picture on Instagram today, a bunch of guys in front of a 3D Printer. The printer is loaded with green wire, so I say that's a Toy story alien !

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Steve's JJP game comes out next summer...according to an excellent source.

If you mean summer 2023, I highly doubt it. JJP is gonna reveal their next game in the next few months, I don't see how they would release another one just a year after.

3 weeks later
#599 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just hope jjp returns to the old jjp by really packing their games. My guess is that toy story will be similar to wonka and gnr which is good but not the same bom as woz, potc, etc. It’s called diet jjp. Tricky part is the price will be much higher than before although it doesn’t matter when they see games like stranger things sell for 16k.

Not gonna happen, they hired a CFO right in the middle of JJPOTC production and that guy seems to have put some serious law and order in the BOM.

1 month later
#1043 1 year ago

Is this for real ? (and I'm asking because it sure looks real)

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The limited number doesn't really give it value. I believe Jack has said that the last couple of games they've sold, they have sold less standard editions than any other version. The standard is really the most limited version... Plus, looks at WOZ, they can make as many different types of collectors editions as they please. They're not so limited after all.
People generally just want the best version of the game.
It is a bummer that they prevent anyone who wants one from getting one. This mainly just benefits the flippers.

WOZ was at a time where Jack promised they're would be no gameplay differences between each versions at JJP. But that ship has long sailed !

#1429 1 year ago

I have no hope TS will be loaded with toysw that ship has sailed with the Pirates ar JJP.

But I'm still in to buy one ,can't go wrong with Pat Lawlor and a dream theme

#1556 1 year ago

Wait til everyone drives an EV, you'll see about high electricity prices

#1568 1 year ago

So I put my bet on a big mech in the middle left of the playfield, apparently no subway.

There's 2 jst connectors under the shooting lane, below the light board. I don't think I've ever seen that,

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If they do 1,000 CEs it should be
500 Woody
500 Buzz
1k is too many I think. A ton of Wonka CEs sat for a long time.
You say Toy Story is a theme worth 1k CEs? I don’t know.
When we reach the point that people lose money on the secondary market like on Halloween, that might tamp down the FOMO next time.
$15k for folks about to head into a recession isn’t chump change. Not to mention all the other games coming out this year

CE or not Halloween is a terrible game, that's why they lose value.

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s not really a “terrible game” but the demand for it at that price and that many supposed “collector editions” isn’t there
Classic FOMO rush. Too many for what it is
Doubt it happens again with Spooky even though I like their games.

Nope it's a terrible game, it's bad and doesn't want to be played. It was a dream theme for a lot of people but they couldn't go other how bad the game is.

#1625 1 year ago

I don't think the reveal will be Monday. They just started the real buzz on social media, they're gonna go for a week and announce the reveal date show end of next week for the week after

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Elwin is the King of pinball now. He’s gonna command big $$$ now
How many Dialed In CEs are there. Everything I hear it’s a great game?
Might as well make 2,000 CEs for $20k? See how that works out.

Dialed In is a special bird, IMO the best JJP and Top 3 in pinball history, but the game never got recognized as I think he should be.
There's one CE still for sell on Pinside, and a bunch of LE below market, both are probably the best deals one can get in pinball right now, but it's a game that needs to play a lot to reveal its true awesomeness, it doesn't pop up instantly when you play it.

I hated it for a year before loving it and buying one.

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s just your opinion as is mine and my family and we love it. GNR LE’s can be had below MSRP so I guess that game is terrible, also, and it is. My opinion and my families. Couldn’t wait for my last ball to be done.
After the light show wares off, it’s not a great game. Just my opinion.

Oh for sure it's just my opinion on that game, I'm glad everyone finds its joy in a pinball they like.
GNR was a big disappointment for me, but so was JJPOTC, I still wished I bought one new on day 1 when I see how much they go for !

I guess I'm not a Meunier guy, but I surely am a Lawlor guy so there's definitely a Toy Story headed my way !

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Has anyone heard of the new prices? I am hearing the LE's are now 12k and the CE's are now 15k. I just can't spend this much on a pinball during these times.

So they dropped the SE because 9k wasn't viable for them and above 10k was too expensive for an SE

That makes the LE not really limited anymore.

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That’s what I was arguing a few days ago. They know people are hungry to buy it sight unseen. If you wait until they show a teaser video or pictures of any kind, the CE will be out of stock by the time you make your decision.

There's a bunch of CE reservation spot sales that are gonna go up Wednesday for twice the price, the scalpers are among us.

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well jjp didn't get me back before the unveiling.
I do hope it's a great game. And everybody that wants one gets one !
LTG : )

Now that's a real bummer

#1941 1 year ago

I remember reading something about JJP going standard after JJPOTC and not doing widebody anymore.

#2052 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes this is true, it just hasn't hit the job market yet. Hopefully it wont hit it too hard.

It hit the Bay Area tech job market already, lay offs plan and hiring freeze are popping up on a daily basis, some unicorns are laying off 25% of their workforce

#2120 1 year ago

Just got an email from Pinball Star, they already allocated some CE to previous CE buyers but they also say they will have more CE slots open tomorrow at reveal time
Also there is "plenty of LEs" so it looks like there are no SEs

Or the other way to see it is there are LEs and SEs but no CEs, it's all a matter of naming

#2145 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Question for previous JJP owners: Do you buy replacement parts right away or wait it out?
Is it best to order it through JJP website or your distributor??

Aside from rubbers I never had to buy any replacement parts for my 2 JJP games. I actually can't remember the last time I had to lift the playfields

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! The feeding frenzy will probably shut JJP website down

It's a very niche frenzy, I doubt a website even poorly hosted can't take 10,000 concurrent connexions. A pinball reveal isn't the PS5 reveal or Black Friday

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I hate this. I can only afford about one game per year. I do like Toy Story,,,, But I am a huge BOND fan and am trying to stay disciplined enough to not go in on TS. Do you think there will be plenty on used market in a year?

Of course there will be. We are in the FOMO age, I think it started with the toilet paper during COVID and it's still sticking to our butts.

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I might be wrong, but "4" is in their URL and that is a fact.[quoted image]

They might have needed to host it on a static page to redirect all the others to it. Toy story 4 pinball game doesn't follow their page naming "convention".

On the other hand, the Fun fair in TS4 could be a good theme to build a world around under the glass so that plus a push from Disney to use TS4 assets would also make sense.

#2347 1 year ago

So it's Toy Story with no ...... Toys

#2355 1 year ago

I also get why there is no SE, there wasn't much to remove from the LE like a mini playfield or a wonkavator.

I was selling my WOZ to buy TS but I don't know anymore, now I feel WOZ belongs to a glorious past that will never happen again.

#3121 1 year ago

So the ball pauses so you can play a cheap video game on a screen while you are just trying to play pinball with a real ball.

Pretty sure there was a mini playfield where the screen is and JJP axed it.

This sucks

#3344 1 year ago

So the upper right bat hits the left spinner and that's it ?

#4227 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Read Apple case studies. JJP is like Apple in it needed money and was likely close to going under.
No comparison today as JJP quality is nothing like Apple. Apple is sleek marketing with very high quality.

Very high quality ?!? You're definitely a victim of their sleek marketing !

#4358 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone looking for innovation from Lawlor in 2022 hasn't been paying attention. He's been on a "greatest hits" mech tour for years. What's the last truly original playfield mech he's debuted? I think you'd have to go back to Bally/Williams for that. He's a master of flow and his pins are going to shoot well, but innovation or reinventing something in a new way? Look to sk8ball or Hogbog for that these days.

I think the Quantum Theater in Dialed In, is an original mech, a see through screen coupled to a magnet that makes the mech behave differently while displaying the corresponding image on the screen. It can act as a drop target, a spinner, a saucer, it's versatile and brings great depth in a game as a multi facet mech.

I don't thini I have ever seen that before Dialed In.

#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Part of being an operator. Having the game your players want. Rotating games and getting the right game in the right location.
Some games haul in money. But not true for each location.
LTG : )

So I bet the Disney Company bought 100 Toy Story CE, they're gonna put them everywhere in their parks, hotels, boats

#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nah. It's just a small screen with a magnet and opto that does the sanctum lock ball pullback performance from The Shadow (and does it way worse). Nothing new there, and way less cool than hyped. Like I said, he's all about pinball's greatest hits.

It's the combination that makes it new, and having different effects on the ball, I find it super cool especially as the centerpiece of the playfield

#4382 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm not sure what the bigger crime is, the daft tablet on the playfield or the fact it masks a wireform (sacrilege! burn them!!)

A decade ago having screens everywhere was a big innovation and a total eye catcher. But 10 years later it's just a way of occupying some playfield real estate for the cheapest possible cost.

#4418 1 year ago

Oh there's the green aliens, finally !

Screenshot_20220617-201211 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220617-201211 (resized).png
#4570 1 year ago

Dang that Tablet screen is huuuuuuuuuuge, I didn't realize that until looking at the latest YouTube videos. It's a bummer, they could have put it under the playfield and make room for an alien crane mech, that toy alone would have been a game changer for me.

#4580 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree iceman....That's another thing that JJP brought to pinball....higher prices.
My WOZECLE was my 1st NIB pin. At that time, I was really wanting a Scared Stiff, but people were wanting around $7k. At that price, I figured I might as well buy a NIB. I found someone willing to sell their WOZECLE spot for $7.5k. I jumped on it. For what is in TS4, I think manufacturers, (especially JJP) has reached the ceiling. I guess time will tell. My CCrLE is my last NIB purchase. The hobby has gotten crazy.
Thankfully, we still have CGC...They seem to sell the best value these days, by far.

CGC cuts on R&D, coding, designers, marketing, pretty much everything but production and license. It's a very smart business

#4662 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

The haters are hilarious broke hoes. They wanted to buy it for 9.5 and sell it for 12. They come here to bash gameplay/layout but really just want to justify why they can't afford the going rate of sought after games. Toy Story 4 is a great game already. Just like Godzilla was right out of the gate. I wish the price was lower on a lot of games but to complain of empty playfield when people haven't played it. It's actually packed with shots. It's embarrassing and sad to constantly see crybabies bash a title they can't afford.

I just bought a 12k pinball but it's not a Toy Story, am I allowed to bash Toy Story ?

#4686 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Whenever they trot out Pat Lawlor in interviews, I cringe. The guy is a legend but he's so past his prime that you wonder if he can even play pinball anymore. He talks slowly and certainly doesn't seem like he'd have the reflexes to play a fast shooting game, but we're supposed to think that this guy who crawls through every sentence on camera is innovating pinball? Does anyone think he even saw Toy Story 4 before being assigned this project?

Who cares about how he talks, how old he is or how well he play pinball ??
His job is to design pinballs and he is beyond amazing at it, the man is a legend and I wish I had half of his skills and brains by the time I reach his age.

You might not like his latest creation, I don't either, but I would surely not go attack him on his age, it's shameful.

#4700 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's nothing to "catch." Electrical resistance in the coil increases as heat advances, so the same amount of power does less work. Increasing the power once it starts fading just makes the problem worse because more power is more heat which creates more resistance. The only way to address it (and this is the same for every manufacturer) is to cool the coils externally or provide less power. Less power isn't sexy, but by just changing the duty cycle, you can give it less power in hold and cut a ton off the heat, especially with trap players. BUT only Stern has the hardware to support a sub-1ms duty cycle at the moment. All of them will eventually end up going this way in the future.
I have a JJP specific version of the Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit that's testing right now that should fit ALL JJP machines, not just GnR. I've been working on it since last summer. The problem with JJP for external fan brackets is they have super-tight clearances on flipper plates in all their machines, so for some it's just impossible to mount the brackets I designed years ago. Hopefully I'll have the word that it works in all the JJP machines in the next couple weeks. If that's the case, I'll be able to ship a kit that works for all JJP by Aug. And, if the GnR brackets work for Toy Story 4, even sooner for Toy Story 4.

Yep it looks like there's plenty of room under TS4 palyfield to fit these brackets

#4748 1 year ago

Rough year for Toy Story fans, the pinball is a major disappointment, and the lightyear movie sucks plain and simple

#4775 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I keep seeing this like its some sort of achievement or makes the game not worthy of its criticism. Did they sell 300 through their website? Otherwise, a big chunk of that is just distributor allotment. AP sold millions of dollars worth of LoV day one too. Spooky sold out their entire run of games day 1 as well. Surely a large percentage of these TS4 sales are from people who are hoping to cash in, or just buy every new title. How many of them are actually thrilled with the end product? Any pinball machine released right now is pretty much a sure fire license to print cash for any company. Demand is at epic proportions, supply is at its lowest. The real test is how many people who don't or can't just buy every single new machine are interested? None of that has anything to do with the reason a huge swath of the hobby is let down by this release anyway.

To me the real marker is how the game lives on the used market. Since all of them are limited runs, now that we see some games gaining values through time, while others don't, it's a good way to establish the success of a game.

#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, he’s a very good player. Not sure he’s going to give real impressions publicly ever on this or most any pin. Not wise of him to do.

I'm discovering his Twitch channel, and almost fell off my chair. I watched how he completed the rescue multiball in WOZ and realized how I was lightyears away from ever being able to complete a third of it.

The way he holds 2 balls, then sends one right to the spot while holding one ball, then passing one from the right bat to the left one, and doing the same with three balls, holding two passing one around, hitting it spot on.

I'm looking forward to watching his Toy Story stream, I guess there is a big step between playing pinball and being a pinball player, I'm wowed like I've rarely been.

#4862 1 year ago

Amazing play, bummer the right flipper has issues, he is missing a lot of shots because of it.

I'm aslo glad I didn't buy a TS4, there really is not much play there, I still cant believe it actually

#5169 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I never agree with this logic. Pinball was old when I was a kid too. I never played pinball in the arcades and I'm 53, I barely remember them being there. My parents got the house a pinball machine when I was young -- a Genesis -- and I didn't even know there was a robot reveal until I was forty, it shocked the hell out of us, I just never played it. So for me pinball had nothing to do with nostalgia. I played it digitally and realized it was actually awesome and got into it at the cliche age of 46. It's perfectly possible that each new generation will discover it the same way. I mean it could die off, it's a pretty impractical hobby, but I don't think it will be because the younger generation doesn't like it currently.

There were always a few pinballs in the arcades in France, that was to keep parents entertained while us kids were playing video games

And I guess parents in my neighborhood only liked Amazon Hunt because there was 3 of them lined up !

#5179 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Benson posts keep being touted as some crazy interactive feature when in reality they seem designed to prevent airballs from off centered pop up ramp shots. NGG has similar posts on each side of its pop up ramp.
The most disappointing thing about Toy Story 4 code is the complete lack of mini wizard modes. There’s no way I’m spending $12k+ on a pin without at least 1 mini wizard mode. Every JJP pin has contained at least one mini wizard mode until Toy Story 4.

It's a pop up post powered by a coil, finally a 2022 complex innovation

#5282 1 year ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Model 3 do not do it in 2.5 seconds. Closer to 3 and change.

And don't do it on a road trip unless you want to add an extra 3 hours stop at the charging station.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.