(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

To each their own, funny how people have different taste in pinball right?!?! Rush just came in my door and GNR just left. I won’t miss GNR at all. Still in the honey moon phase with Rush and it might not be a long term keeper either, but I can already tell it will get played more in this house.

Right! Agree on different tastes for sure! That's a fascinating aspect of this hobby to me Your house/collection has no JJP at all which is interesting since they have some pretty good and varied games. You'd think at least 1 would land in a collection the size of yours. Have other JJP titles entered and left your house? Just curious.
Will TS enter the threshold or are you GnR shy?

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Was told from a reliable source at jjp their will not be a standard edition for toy story. We shall see if that is fact at announcement.

This doesn't seem all that surprising possibly based on manufacturing capabilities and maybe lessons learned from GNR. Could it be a new standard for JJP going forward per title? I.e. Stern releases three models, JJP releases two.

#302 2 years ago

No incentive.

#308 2 years ago

Assuming you don't need or want vendor services, and especially if all your vendors charge sales tax, then I would just buy from JJP direct and save the money. Even if vendor says no shipping, Shipping costs are less than sales tax in many states. Maybe it's a wash in NY if it's 4%

#316 2 years ago

Based on my ownership of and 900 plays on a Nov2021 build GnR, if I wanted TS, I would have no problems with that "risk."
PETG washers don't bother me either in case that's someone's next comment... TS may have them as well.

#336 2 years ago

reminds me of the big kids taking me snipe hunting when I was a little kid

#346 2 years ago

Thats one way around the issue but its still an issue..

https://sternpinball.com/ works just fine.

#349 2 years ago

I think it is.
This is a JJP forum, TS playfield concerns probably and rumors about them are relevant based on history.
Rumors discussion about the playfield are being discussed "will it have washers?" or "will it have art around the holes?"

#352 2 years ago

Does a positive last 10 months on the same title that started out with issues count for anything? TS isn't gunna be a GnR repeat.

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Jack did say their next game would be revealed by August of this year...

This is consistent with JJP previously stating late summer as timing for the GnR run to complete

Quoted from Concretehardt:

So just more GNR then I guess

From the serials shipping now it appears there are less than 1500 of their 5000 run left to complete. They appear to be right on schedule for a late summer official end of GnR production.

2 weeks later
#417 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Pinballstar stated gnr production ends soon. We’re getting close!

They said late summer for the run of 5k. Sounds like it will end early. Congrats to TS lovers everywhere.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So if you've got the time, they've eventually got the beer.

wow, great wayyyy back moment.. thumbs up

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

FWIW, I received one of the first batch of GNR LE’s off the line. Announcement was on a Monday; was playing the game in my basement the following Wednesday. Game has been rock solid: no playfield chipping, no spotlight issues, etc. Was my 3rd NIB JJP and 1st so early in the run; has held up the best & required the least amount of work (by far).

Applause jackpot!
You dodged a bullet, and got a rose. That definitely deserves an encore! .

Out of curiosity... How many plays does it have?

3 weeks later
#565 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Ahh woody is checking you out in the back
[quoted image]

Not sure could be..
Screenshot_20220505-160444_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220505-160444_Chrome (resized).jpg

#656 1 year ago

Aww why not... Make it 6 guys guessing...

11,000 LE 5000 made
14,500 CE 1000 made, sell out day 1

6 month after launch LE increases to 12,000
3 months later 12,500

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:Remember when Keefer use to haunt these halls?

JJP lives here like you do.
Still haunting...

Screenshot_20220511-175312_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220511-175312_Chrome (resized).jpg
#744 1 year ago

Consolidating bets

Quoted from Vespula:

Aww why not... Make it 6 guys guessing...
11,000 LE 5000 made
14,500 CE 1000 made, sell out day 1
6 month after launch LE increases to 12,000
3 months later 12,500

Quoted from PtownPin:

I predict the following:
1. CE differentiates itself with a major mech (like GNR LE to CE), but in a much bigger way. JJP's goal is to drive CE sales
2. JJP will increase CE's to 1250+ units.
3. Prices will increase to $12K+ for the LE and $15K+ for the CE
4. It will shoot great, and have the typical JJP great theme integration, graphics, software, etc...
5. The CE will have a very cool topper, and the LE topper will be crap
6. JJP will stay silent on play fields, and the warranty (or lack there of) will not change
7. CE's will sell out sight unseen

Quoted from AMSNL:

12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE
5000 LE
800 CE
No se

#782 1 year ago

For LE, due to qty, I guess JJP will to sell to the market, not pinside. Pinside is a very small and niche enthusiasts group that (imo) really won't swing JJP one way or the other... Now the CE probably will go to mostly those that will pay any price, both entusiasts AND those where price doesnt matter anyway.
Pinside speculation concerns is silly, JJP is a boutique mftr, knows their market, knows what they have, and its not their first rodeo. Coming off the GnR experience and what blindsided them as they left money on the table plus throw in the current crazier market with all cost increases of goods and materials and supply chain challenges adding to their BOM increase this isnt going to be pretty any way it unfolds.... and so I fully expect them to stick it to you CE guys.
Why do they want to sell out first day or even first week on CE? Set the number high enough that it makes most people cringe, creates sensational headlines, and includes uber margin they can reap from the uber cash heavy (and there are a LOT more now) such as those willing to pay $20k+ for a POTC. A common mindset is that depreciation on cash is going to be faster than depreciation on a rare asset like a pinball machine so parking $20k in a rare asset that is in highest demand I have ever seen since the lockdown is considered "smart."
Downvote me if you like, but it makes sense to me for them to open the CE at $19,995

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why even limit the CE? It's their most profitable machine, and it's not a "Limited" edition, but a "Collector's" edition. Make as many as people want. Flipping problem solved.

I know that is a rhetorical question, but for the non-monks I think the answer is found outside of Tibet and located in a basic economics principle of supply & demand. In short, because it would drive down the price.

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Of course all of this also hinges on if people WANT the Toy Story movie they actually licensed and made, but that will affect the LE and the CE sales. I just hope Lawlor gives something actually NEW mech-wise instead of shopping in the Lawlor & B/W greatest hits vault for mechs and design cues.

This is a key point for the demand side of the equation. 500 of something that is a dud is 500 too many.

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But if there's no CE number, there's no problem. Make what the market wants. There are not enough CE-specific parts where you couldn't just have them on hand without it being cost-prohibitive because the excess price of the CE over what the BOM cost is covers a lot of sins.

covers a lot of sins.... love that... and yes it will.

Let's see what the CE & LE look like and we will have more context.
As a comparative side note, the GnR difference wasn't compelling enough to me comparing those BOMs so I wanted the LE.
If I had really wanted a CE, I would have bought one on secondary, but I just didn't want it.
I got the benefit to put the mods in my LE and exceeded what a CE delivers (to me) for the same money.
Hopefully there is a lot more than economic disparities between versions with TS.

#811 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would be hilarious if JJP had some spot LED lighting and some specific weird figures from the cabinet party in the pinball machine cabinet.

LED Lighting and figures in the pin cabinet? Brilliant, yes. Original? No.

Screenshot_20220517-204121_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220517-204121_Photos (resized).jpg
#814 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You would really buy another JJP game after the PF Fiasco that was GnR?

I pretty sure you're probably only going to find around 5000 people who will say yes.

#839 1 year ago

Agree. Standard seems to be synonymous with cheap and lacking features that were intentionally removed to sell the LE to me. The triple tiered thing doesn't make much sense to me. Just make the limited which is a limited run and is THE core game design with all theb designers features and expected price to match and then offer the bling collectors version with the price to match also.

#925 1 year ago

Probably depends on how many they make

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

If thousands of people stopped buying each product, maybe they would.

If thousands of people stopped buying their product then you'd get nothing at all.

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Prepare for blasphemy….. It’s not going to be Toy Story.

That would be epic

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

What is going on with seeing post it says 8 new post but when I go to look it’s the same old ones. Doing it on other ones to any ideas.

1. deactivate pinside account
2. return in 30 days to re-activate again and you should see new posts.

#1158 1 year ago

self-imposed moderation.
Post content deleted due to misinformation.

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

CONTACT FORM?!
I'm out

This was For international only

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That was for non-US buyers. I believe.

Yup you are right. thanks for the correction. I will edit my post.

#1189 1 year ago

Anyone choking on $15k price for a CE is just in the grandstands waiting on the race to start.

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Anyone still need confirmation the game is going to be Toy Story?

Only everyone on this thread, yes.

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is your correct, but if JJP pushes the envelop on NIB pricing ($15k+) I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Keep in mind GNR is the ONLY CE that actually sold out day 1. DICE, WWCE, POTCE sat for months and months before distributors finally unloaded them.

That was the old world. This is the new world.
History is being erased or rewritten daily and is no longer a reliable measure of future events.

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I bet it is the best light show on any pin to date and has the coolest attract mode ever.

I'll take that bet. Seems logical based on the theme it is more focused on movie fun and mechs. GnR by Disney? Nah.

#1384 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I predict ... 15k CE, double the CEs as gnr and No standard editions

This is a repeat of the #1 prediction from many many people. Nothing original here.

#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

People are going to glue so much crap all over this thing.

Lol!!! So true.

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t take notes of others with too much time on their hands

Says the guy posting 6 times a day for the last 6 years. Lol.
I know personally how much time it takes to maintain that ratio and it equals a lot of time.

#1454 1 year ago

"people like me" is everyone who posts on pinside. Reading comprehension is not your strength, I get it.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

No I’ve updated to make it clear that trolls like you is who I’m referring to. You have nothing better to do with your boring life but try to stir something up on a pinball forum. But continue stalking me - the jealousy is obvious. Nothing but pity for chumps like you. I’m sure life sucks enough - no need to further embarrass yourself.
And please spare us with your predictable it’s me not you response. Guys like you are a dime a dozen here and are a complete waste of time so I’ll take one for the team and ask you just pm me…. so I can continue further ignore you bc last word from me on this
Back to the topic at hand. Excited to see the reveal hopefully early this week. I thought a teaser today so maybe full reveal will be later next week.

I'm licking my wounds.

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Just my two cents here but I’d give it some time and then contact delt via pm and see if you guys can work it out maybe later on. He’s an asset to this hobby, this forum, and pinside in general.

Keep your change and buy some condoms.

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I’ll be a little sad if it’s not TS, but I’m still gonna get this CE. I’ve made arrangements with the wife.
I’ve had too many conversations with the wife to not follow through. She finally said yes and I’m taking advantage of it.

Often times this translates into double money!

15k for the CE, plus
15k for the wife for the yes.

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good point about tax. Dumb question but I guess tax will be applied even if you’re not in Illinois? Damn 7% or so here in Penn on top of 15k? Yikes

No, no tax as long as the invoice is billed to an address outside the state of the company that is selling.

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I remember kaneda ordering a game direct on his live. He lives in NY. I don't remember if it was JJP or Stern, but he was charged tax on it.

If you order direct from JJP and shipped out of state there isn't any tax charged by JJP. Just shipping. Ask me how I know.

Does anyone else outside of Illinois who has ordered from JJP have a different story?

#1824 1 year ago

No surprise that it's not a simple answer.

#1828 1 year ago

Sonds like from a sales tax standpoint, basically you've got to get creative by leveraging state's tax differences when you're purchasing.

#3860 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't hate JJP. I hate a price tag of $12-15k for a somewhat generic game.

Are we at the "Remember when you could get a pin for under $10k?" days?!
I woke up today feeling like I totally got a deal on my NIB GnRLE at $9500

#3908 1 year ago

I think it was this thread that set the prices, no?
Everyone said 12k le and 15k CE.... Lookie what Cha got...
Jk?

#4024 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

The article says exactly what I typed: this was no joke 1000 sold in 2 minutes. It’s a crazy market
Those scalpers will sell their games too because anyone who tried to buy it after 5 minutes is now looking around on where to get one, and will eventuelly end up on the marketplace here.
It just needs to sink in that even less good games (at first glance) will sell faster and at hogher price than the last game.

900 were distro allocations, right? ... and basically pre sold so instant credit on second 1 of release time
But the JJP direct website had 100 allocations so really actually isn't what took 3 minutes just processing those 100 deposits?

#4030 1 year ago

Could you do me a favor and pick a better analogy? I mean it's June and all, but show dick some respect.

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Would you prefer the Cargument….again?

Between the two options, yeah, in a New York second. No contest. Cargument ftw. Hell, Anything else ftw. Cringe.

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

In a way it’s difficult to wrap my head around the thought that I’m looking at $12000+ here.
[quoted image]

target demographic? Is that a smile ?

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Fine. If i saw someone driving a dodge omni, i dont have to drive it to know that pat lawlor fucked up toy story 4. Better?

Muy bueno

#4046 1 year ago

Couple highlights.. ZaphX looks to have the top post with 35 upvotes currently. I still laugh when I read it.

Quoted from zaphX:

People are going to glue so much crap all over this thing.

Irony. The "people" turned out to be JJP - with the TS cake icing topper character set from Amazon for $26.95
2022-06-16_8-39-18 (resized).jpg2022-06-16_8-39-18 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Vespula:

I'll take that bet. Seems logical based on the theme it is more focused on movie fun and mechs. GnR by Disney? Nah.

Mechs disappointingly didn't pan out but... Maybe the GnR by Disney was closer to truth.. I was joking.

Collect all the band members, er, I mean characters and get to the concert, er, I mean carnival. Then Hit the applause, er, I mean ramp jackpot.

#4084 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

JJP has always promised incredible mechs in their games though starting with Hobbit and that is where they always fall short and all they do is just keep putting bigger displays on the playfield; to me toy story is a huge step down compared to Willy wonka which has way more in it and cost less then toy story 4

And its not even an Etch A Sketch either.
2022-06-16_9-56-21 (resized).jpg2022-06-16_9-56-21 (resized).jpg

#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

On a more important note .....How about them Warriors

Great game. Curry is superhuman and the best shooter of all time and Wiggins seems to be the new splash brother. He's picking it up as Klay works to gets his consistency of rhythm and shot back. Next year could be a repeat if things could continue on this trajectory.
Really great and long comeback from earning the worst in the league after their 3rd 2018 (?) Ring.

#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So unless you think they can finish up GnR and ship all of the Toy Story orders by Christmas, I’d say zero chance a new JJP is announced in 2022.

Someone said they have 2 lines now?
So why can't they keep rolling ts4 through the summer and split the lines for number 8 followed by announcing in December?

#4426 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You got "GIaNt iPAd iN ThE CoRnER!!!!" but forgot "SoUNdz LiKE A SlOT MaCHiNE"
You only get 1 of 2 possible Pinside haterade points.

U hit my funny bone

#4623 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just had a few beers and played my GNR LE a few times.
I haven’t really been playing it for the last couple months because it’s been moved around in my pinball room and because I’ve been playing the latest new additions to my collection, Godzilla, Spider-Man and Metallica.
Anyway, after playing TS a couple days ago, I realized that GNR is like night and day compared to what you will get in the latest JJP LE. For me, my GNR was $2500 less than TS because I bought it on day 1 release for $9500.
I don’t care what other people say about GNR… this pin is an amazing F’ng pinball experience every time you play it and it’s packed with a ton of stuff compared to TS. Even with “not so snappy” flippers, like stern, it’s still fast, fun and the experience is like no other machine out there.
I’m not a GNR fanatic but I do love the music and with a subwoofer connected to this things it’s unbelievable how great this thing sounds and how much it adds to the experience playing this pin. (I have a pinnovators sub connection)
Eric Meunier made a masterpiece with GNR and it’s packed with awesome shots, mechs, ramps sculpted figures and actual music instruments implemented into the machine. Most importantly it’s a true world under glass, even the pop bumpers are amazing in this game, with the drum sound effects and the moving drum set attached to them, most people could care less about pop bumpers!
Anyway, just wanted to say that this sucks that JJP is trying to charge 12k for their latest LE machine and there’s nothing really in it. What sucks even more is this though, I was REALLY looking forward to Eric’s next pin but NOT if this is JJP’s new direction. If JJP charges 12k for all their new LE pins from now on and they don’t plan to put much in them. Then I guess GNR was my only and last JJP purchase.

I agree GnR is just as you described. Very special.
I think ts4 is special in it's own way too.
Targeting a different, kinder, gentler, wholesome, younger demographic. Who else is making brand new pinball machines with this kind of theme targeting that group?

Is the timing of this good? JJP seems to be proving they are by staying ahead of the curve from a marketing and business standpoint but either way they are running a very successful business whether you like them, or their games, or not. They clearly have Stern's attention. And they got mine with GnR.

I'd never even wanted or considered to own a pinball machine until GNR released and the promo came across my phone that late night December 30, 2020 where I had my Napoleon Dynamite "I want that!" moment and immediately went to JJP website and put down my deposit so I could then (Unknowingly) wait 11 long months for delivery.

The comparison imo is there will be enough ts4 younger "me" generation buyers out there (with 2.3 young kids now) who Like me didn't have or want a pinball machine until they resonate with ts4 and see marketing, on location, or word of mouth promo, or a search algorithm pushes the toy story pinball machine promo video to their phone Because they rented TS on Amazon ...

They will jump in for the first time like me and the cost won't be a consideration for them because it's resonates and they want it. Pretty much anybody (And I'm throwing caution to the wind saying this) pretty much anybody can come up with 10 grand. It's the new 5 grand... Then you're some pocket change away from a TS4 and loads of "fun for the whole family.".
If you ever meet them and talk to them, they'll probably say "what's pinside?". And had JJP shipped my GnR pinball machine the next week after I ordered instead of 11 months later I probably would have never heard of it either. Lucky you.

#4937 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

nonsense is becoming tiresome, so gonna bow out.

Problem: ^^
Solution: Drain thread

ahhh.... here it comes...and I am about to feel a peaceful satisfaction that I think must be similar to Steph Curry from half court.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=Vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.