(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 2 years ago

Lawlor makes great pins based on designs that work well. Internet critics are funny.

1 month later
#110 2 years ago

It's pretty widespread, enough that they reworded their warranty. This is the third game in a row with these issues.

Also, remember that if you lose the dice roll, they will not support you at all. You're on your own. Better yet, they might tell you it's your fault.

Go ahead and take risk, but just remember, there will be no point in bitching about your crappy playfield. You've been warned a thousand times.

3 weeks later
#164 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I look for the positive no reason to dwell on the negative. Maybe with this attitude I'll live longer.
Cheers.

Our maybe you'll look at the bright side of a misdiagnosis.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

He is clearly a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I highly recommend people just use the handy 'ignore' feature pinside has implemented on him.

Yeah, and Romulick is a hybrid. Some human, mostly troll.

3 months later
#339 2 years ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

Question, would you recommend me buying Toy Story Pinball from JJP or from a vendor? If you recommend a vendor, from who and why? Thank you for everyone's help and replies!

Buy direct. If the game is a hit, they'll likely fuck over their vendors and short them games like they did with gnr. That means you might not get a game if it sells out.

2 weeks later
#458 1 year ago

Plus they make a gazillion LEs. There isn't a reason to rush. Plus they iron out flaws. My DILE has a slower processor than later games, for example. It does affect animations sometimes. I wish I waited.

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spend 80-100 bucks (probably much less if you go used) and replace the motherboard/processor. They're just running celerons, which are dirt cheap. Problem solved. It's not hard or expensive.

Or be smart in the future and wait for jjp to do it for me.

1 month later
#724 1 year ago

We might be surprised by more ppl voting with their wallets. Doubtful, but possible.

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Too bad this thread can’t just be rumors of the release of a new pin.

But a JJP collapse is so much more fun. Then Romulick can inject some strange, illogical defense of JJP. Then another like you can suggest we talk about Toy Story, and he'll get all the likes. SHUCKS!

#872 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you are delusional!Nobody here is defending the playfield issues.You got issues man don’t lay that shit at my feet.I don’t go to other manufacturers new pin threads and try to convince everybody they’re shit and you shouldn’t buy one.
Why can’t you bring something constructive to the conversation Traydick!

Lol

2 weeks later
#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

"The Lion King"is the new rumor.
Hakuna matata multiball, it means no worries.

Nah. I have an insider that confirmed it's Hungry, Hungry Hippo! 100% multiball. Just bash the flippers for a big score!

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You obviously haven’t been paying attention. I have been waiting for Toy Story for years. It is a dream theme for my family and I got on a CE list a couple years ago. But with the change in warranty support and no assurances that JJP has addressed the playfield quality issues I’m not willing to gamble $15k.
I can wait a year and see how things pan out. That probably means no CE but I’m sure the LE will be fine. Unless it’s a TS4 only theme. Then hard no.

Don't engage. It just encourages him.

#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

People are going to glue so much crap all over this thing.

Old men are going to glue crap all over this thing!

#1676 1 year ago

With the new 1 year replacement Mirco warranty, they've earned my business back. In on a CE!

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Is this satire or are you being serious?

The new warranty states the following:

"If you experience Mirco playfield issues, Jack will personally mail you a bag of sand along with detailed instructions on how to pound it."

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

DI will never be topped!

And only 1600 produced. Some day they might fetch a decent price.

#4075 1 year ago

I don't get all the hate on Pat. The game looks to shoot butter smooth. For fun and approachable games, he's the best in the world. The real issue is Katz and other people helping with rules. I can't think of a single jjp machine with great rules. DI could have been good had they addressed the terrible flaws...

That said, the Mirco dice role vs price is crazy. And the slot machine sounds are brutal as always. They hired a sound company instead of the slot guy, yet the slot sounds remain.... Weird. Maybe they actually desire such off-putting audio. The mismatch with gnr is far worse, but still...

Looks like most jjp machines: a fun shooter with crap rules and crap sound and potential pf issues. Zzzzzzz

#4501 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

looks like Joe Katz and the rest of the software team have killed it on this release!

The designer, graphic artists and modelers have done a great job. The rules will be the big decider. That is always the weakness with jjp.

#4680 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Whenever they trot out Pat Lawlor in interviews, I cringe. The guy is a legend but he's so past his prime that you wonder if he can even play pinball anymore. He talks slowly and certainly doesn't seem like he'd have the reflexes to play a fast shooting game, but we're supposed to think that this guy who crawls through every sentence on camera is innovating pinball? Does anyone think he even saw Toy Story 4 before being assigned this project?

My God, man, have some fucking respect. The guy makes the smoothest shooting games in all of pinball. He's the best of the best, still. Just because jjp limited his Bom and they decided to make a more approachable game doesn't tarnish Pat's reputation as a designer at all. Try designing ONE fucking ramp and get back to us. Ffs.

1 week later
#5339 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We should be so lucky. I think the idea is he's not designing anymore after TS4. He's still supposed to be around screwing up JJP production on other machines with his bad ideas as a kind of production managing director (I don't know what his official title would be/is). "Let's put the volume control at people's knees", "Widebodies are a mistake", "Pinball machines don't need manuals", he's got a million of 'em, and he's bad for JJP. Every good idea of his (like putting electronics back in the backbox) has three bad ones to offset it. Give him a watch and a pat on the back and let him go. It'd be more than JJP did for Butch and he was way more important to JJP, IMO. At least he wasn't actually screwing the company up.

Totally. Maybe you can take over with some innovative fan kits from China or some 3d printed insert color wheels!

Lawler doesn't choose themes or code rules, the two areas that ruin jjp games. There is direct evidence of Jack ruining dialed in's original ideas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.