(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLRage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4409 1 year ago

This is a dang Fact!

Quoted from indypinhead:

Value?
We can all see the direction that JJP is taking. It's all about profit. Ever since the "bean counters" stepped in, JJP isn't the same company. That's truly a shame.

#4507 1 year ago

They did the exact same thing with GNR. I Love their videos but its getting rather obvious what’s going on.

Quoted from delt31:

So I had a chance to watch the SDTM video - their first impressions of toy story. For those that haven’t seen it, I’m linking below

I listened to the entire thing and you guys know I’m a straight shooter and I’ve been critical of Zach and the boys shilling in the past - not dancing around that. But I still listen Bc it’s entertainment. This post is longer than expected but it wrote itself.
This video was disgusting. Even for SDTM - this is an entirely new level of shill to the point where it literally was a commercial that ended with a, “Where can I buy this? Well - at FlipNOut pinball! They even said pull the trigger! The kids will take the pin over! Wow. I’m sorry is this impressions or a sale? But we know the answer - obvious hype sell video which is what I really can’t stand. Just say what you’re doing guys. And if Zach wants to feel uncomfortable again and have me on I’ll be happy to juice up the views and I’ll be as respectful as I was before to discuss TS4.
I’ll leave some real nuggets from their own words bc even for my low SDTM standards there are some shill classics here.
“If you like Ballys 90s pins you will like this game.”
This could be the most ridiculous shill statement from this crew ever. Not even going to dive into this. Still shaking my head. They say later that jjp was aiming to be like 90s Bally (implying they were successful in doing so). Really? Not one mech, literally no magic? Shame.
“Is there anything mech wise you didn’t like”? Greg says no - not really.
No - not really? Everyone else who’s not selling the game would respond like this…..Zach - are you joking or are you just that much of a shill Bc there are no custom mechs in the game so what is there not to like? But hey - as Greg says - what makes up for the lack of everything is the fact it’s fun!……. It just costs 12-15k. Buy Buy Buy!
Zach says TS4 reminds him of Elvira house of horrors Bc there aren’t many mechs.
I guess Zach missed that GIGANTIC mech right in the middle of the pf called the custom house. Everyone knows Stern hates making that game Bc there are a ton of custom mechs/sculps on it. Shame. Buy Buy Buy - 15k
Zach says Toy Story 4 has TWO spinners! Wow. Awesome. 12- 15k
Zach says JJP could of saved money by including only 1 or 2 voices but they included 3!
I’m not a pinball manufacturer but I’m assuming they saved a lot of money by not including any custom mechs or toys that require more than 3 hrs of development. That’s just called common sense. And they got clips from toy story 4 - the movie no one wanted and no company would even care to pay for. Awesome
Zach says Joe Katz is a friend.
Yep that checks out. Probably the most honest thing I heard. Cromwell is already #1 but Joe they’ll make you happy too.
Zach says the one mech he loves is the saucer.
Yes - he’s calling out a SAUCER as a mech. New low.
Ok I’m stopping here. Zach tried to throw in “criticism” bc even he knows it can’t be all gushing and guess what - he says there could be one too many pop bumpers! Yep - Bc that’s what everyone is pissed about. What a joke.
There’s about 8 more things like the complete pass on that giant iPad and Zach’s kiss up tribute to Pat for basically taking JJP away from Jack, moving it to Chicago and essentially killing the JJP we all loved after WoZ….but just writing this disgusts me.
I’ve already acknowledged it will shoot well - that’s clear but to ignore all that it’s missing and not bringing that back to the price (just to debate) is so disappointing but also not surprising bc that was just an ad. I appreciate the other dealers who are wise enough not to try and make fake impressions videos to sell their games. It’s shameful.
Stop trying to influence newbies through pinside and just sell machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLRage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=SLRage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.