(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NashtyFunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1152 1 year ago

I'm sure most distributor allocations have been full for a pretty significant amount of time. There were probably a few outliers, but I know folks who have been on Toy Story CE lists for well over a year.

#1170 1 year ago

Well, They have a $30k game now and LE owners dont. Look at GnR, folks were selling CEs for over $20k while LEs have been holding down near MSRP. A lot of folks know the limited versions have a better chance of holding their value.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

The way I see it, and based on past experiences, LE’s will most likely turn out to be a much better value. What did Pirates CE owners got for theirs? A different (and uglier) colored playfield with same playfield issues as LE’s and SE’s, a CE placard, and a noisy topper?
Unless the CE offers a different playing experience by adding more goodies and toys, I just don’t see the justification. We will see….

#1178 1 year ago

Retained value is important. If both are the same game essentially and spending an extra $3k upfront means I'll have an extra $9k in value in 3 years, who wouldnt make that same call.
Most people assume any pin will some day be sold, whether that's 1-20 years in the future. Same reason people are about resale value when buying a home they have no plans to sell. It's all part of the logic/emotion on a big purchase.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

If your motive for buying is to resell it, then It makes sense

#1185 1 year ago

I dont disagree with you. Same thing has happened with Stern LEs. When there were $500 you could guarantee an increase of value on "most" of them. With 1000 CEs, it doesnt really matter if you have an LE or a CE. I'd prefer a CE, but if I get an LE I'm fine with that too. I've got a POTC LE, a Wonka CE and had a GnR LE. The only reason I have so many Stern LEs is because I'm impatient and want my games as quickly as I can get them.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If CE prices come out at $14k - $15k though and at 1,000 games there's going to be far less room for value growth. GNR CE's are going for around $17k - $18k but those games game out at $12,500 NIB and 500 were made. $14k - $15k NIB with 1,000 games made is an entirely different story. Even at $14k - $15k with 1,000 games the CE should at least maintain that level of value.

#1193 1 year ago

I'm going to try my best when the online orders open up, but it's not gonna break my heart if I dont get one. I'll take an LE. That's easy to say now before seeing it though.

Quoted from Vespula:

Anyone choking on $15k price for a CE is just in the grandstands waiting on the race to start.

#1626 1 year ago

The cats out of the bag Tuesday, so there’s no way they’re not going to control the release as distros will have all the details that day.
Makes a lot more sense to loop in the general public same day.
1k CEs at $15k will have no problem selling. Any more on either price or quantity and I think some folks might pause and look at the LE.

#1641 1 year ago

For reasons I can’t explain, I’m out at $16.5k. I’ve never paid that for a game, I think POTC and Tron at $14k were the highest and something about more than $15k just doesn’t compute for me.

#1655 1 year ago

Nah, I’ll just get an LE.
If it was Harry Potter, Futurama or 5Th Element, yes. Otherwise premium/LE is fine

Quoted from delt31:

You're buying at 18. Stop
I love the guys who say 2.5k more I'm out yet 15k I'm in . the truth is if you're crazy (like me) and buying a pinball machine at 12k or 15k, you're paying 18k too
Now I'm sure you're being truthful in theory but in reality you're buying it. Who's not buying is 97℅ of the world who thinks we're crazy.

#1996 1 year ago

I’m actually surprised we don’t have the promo video with 24 hours before order banks.
When was the GnR video and when did they open up orders?
I understand not giving a week because you want the excitement to be fresh but the day before taking orders seems like it would accomplish that.

#1997 1 year ago

You know what’s funny is having owned all 4 of those in addition to the Hobbit, I still feel like STTNG is my favorite wide body.
POTC is great, and I still own it, but TZ I didn’t like at all and IJ got boring quickly. Hobbit was a joke. About as much fun as Thunderbirds to me. Sold the others pretty quickly. Thankfully there’s room for everyone to like different things. Except people who don’t like Godzilla

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a cool pin, and I like the game, but I feel like a lot of the extra space on top of the PF was under-utilized. UNDER the playfield is another matter entirely, though - a subway maintenance nightmare.
So because it's not an unequivocal masterpiece like TZ, Indy, jjPoTC, I left it off. But it is another GREAT game that would not have worked in a narrow cab, and I look forward to Steve's new widebody at JJP that will beat it.

#2013 1 year ago

Most people in this hobby aren’t living paycheck to paycheck. If there are 3k TS buyers tomorrow I bet half of them lost $100k+ in the last two trading sessions.
Why not drop $15k on a toy if you can.
Prices may settle, but there’s not a huge crash coming to pinball.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Everyone should be considering the huge recession coming and not give into the FOMO on any pin. You can bet your bottom dollar, no matter the release, huge losses are coming in the pinball industry to all of us that purchased at extremely inflated prices. JJP selling any product at $12k and $15 is a fools game, no matter if its TS or not. People will be trying to dump them all at once at the next release and losing just like is/going to happen on GNR. That’s the problem with a small company only releasing 1 every 2 years. Resist FOMO, there will be plenty for sale after all the economic dust settles at much lower prices.

#2043 1 year ago

I don’t think avg folks are lining up to drop $15k sight unseen on a Toy Story CE, but that’s just my guess.
I can’t imagine buying a pinball machine if it was like…10% if my annual income.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I would say the % of people in this hobby that lost 100K plus in last two trading sessions are a very small % in this hobby.
There is a huge group of people that are just Average Smo's that skimp and save .

#2132 1 year ago

We’re a bunch of middle aged dudes (mostly) with tens of thousands of dollars worth or arcade games.
None of us are really in a position to judge anyone else’s deemed themes or what they’re in to.
We’re not cool.

#2531 1 year ago

Well, that’s incredibly disappointing. I’m sure it’ll be fun to shoot and play but I’m not spending $15k on TS4.

#2568 1 year ago

Exact same thoughts here

Quoted from PinWill333:I was in for a CE, being TS 4 im out completely. Since im not getting a CE now theres no rush. I can always get an LE down the road if it truly is amazing code and gameplay.

#2630 1 year ago

You’re not wrong, those things are important and I’m sure they’re great. For $12k-$15k though, the iconic Toy Story is where it’s at.
The game is missing just about everything iconic about the franchise.
If it was a $7500 SE, then they can get a pass.
This has been so anticipated for so many years. That’s why the fanatics of the IP are so dissatisfied

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The game has characters to collect like slinky dog and Hamm and such. The game is fun which I used to think was what mattered but I understand that things have been changing and maybe I'm missing out or something. I like playing it and the code is pretty much done. Shots are smooth. Maybe none of that matters and if so then I'm misjudging things. That's all cool.

#3246 1 year ago

I thought the SDTM video was great for game play. It actually might have been enough to make me have second thoughts about cancelling my CE spot. It's probably for the best that it was too late by the time it came out though.
I cant get excited for TS4 when I was hyped up on OG Toy Story.
It almost seems like it would have been smart to leak a couple months ago something confirming the title was TS4 so people could mentally prepare for it and wouldnt have woken up to massive disappointment.
Then again, what do I know. I'm just grouchy.

#3340 1 year ago

I'm confused, there's not enough to be disappointed about that we're going to go after Zach and Greg?
For real though, how dumb do you have to be to base your decision to buy something on one or two people's reviews. Isn't a review showing off different aspects of the game, shots, modes, call-outs, things you want to see? Would you not be able to determine on your own if you're interested in it.
Pinball is fun. Most pinball machines are fun to play.
If someone thinks everything is fun in this hobby, they may just enjoy the hobby.
You don't have to be crass and negative to be authentic. Some folks just like pinball for fun.

I on the other hand, am still pissed this is TS4.
Bring on Venom I guess...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NashtyFunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=NashtyFunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.