(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2039 1 year ago

What do you think they are gonna ask for this thing? I am guessing 15k

#2042 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Still PLENTY of air to come out of the COVID bubble.
[quoted image]

I think realistically the S&P should be about 4200 or so right now if you take the average S&P gain. Now of course this does not account for the inflation and impending recession. Pre-Covid it was at about 3500 or so...so we are darn close to a bottom...but doesn't mean it wont dip further before it "springs" back. When a bubble bursts it tends to implode a bit before it gets back to reality.

Will this affect the pinball market? Time will tell, but I think yes to some degree overall people have been spending more money than they actually have in the past few years. That and money they didn't earn. Can they afford a 15K pinball machine? No, where they buying them? I think some yes, others had the money to burn. But if you think there aren't people that shouldn't be buying these toys not buying them you are likely wrong(not you Snaroff this is in regards to previous posts) because people genuinely believe they cant lose on these things so why not spend my last ~10k on a toy?

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Everyone keeps saying the huge recession 'is coming' but it's already here - a recession is two quarters of negative growth and we've already had one, and it's almost a given we're in the second quarter now, so, yeah. We are ALREADY in a recession (just like we've been in a bear market since January but only officially as of today).

Yes this is true, it just hasn't hit the job market yet. Hopefully it wont hit it too hard.

#2055 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

It hit the Bay Area tech job market already, lay offs plan and hiring freeze are popping up on a daily basis, some unicorns are laying off 25% of their workforce

Ugh, yeah I work in tech. I do also think in general with more and more people working from home they are gonna get rid of people who live in that area as it costs too much. Anyhow back to pinball I hope this game blows it out of the park!

#2061 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No doubt it's hard to lose much money on most NIB games produced by Stern/JJP! The only NIB game that people (including me) have been burned on is Spooky's latest release.
As you know, I only buy games to play...so the idea of buying/flipping/investing in games doesn't resonate with me.
People paying up for GZ Premiums (10-12k) are likely to get burned. Stern will continue pumping them out and the "gotta have it" Premium will diminish. I want the game, but will wait for one at MSRP. Not in a rush...have plenty to play.

Yeah I get them to play and collect as well. I will be honest, while I do ok I am not in the financial position to buy them if they would be a totally loss if I needed to sell so its nice to know they hold some value. But I do think the attitude of I am gonna make money on these things is not a good thing.

I too am "upside down" on a spooky lol. All good they are good people happy to try and support and hoping it will become a keeper. If I lost a few K so be it.

Zilla I love, but man with what I can get maybe I should sell that LE sheesh! I could get a premium later. But someone did do me a favor to pick it up so I really don't want to.

#2642 1 year ago

So this 15K CE is all speculation right? Not that I dont think it will be lol.

#2710 1 year ago

Yesterday, FOMO super high

Today, no one wants it

LOL

For what its worth I bet this game is fun as heck and shoots well but its just not what people expected.

#2774 1 year ago

When is the actual reveal noon when you can order?

#2798 1 year ago

HOT TAKE.

FOMO rules this hobby, and the thought that you cant lose and may even gain on these games.

Now the manufactures think, why not us getting the $$$ but there comes a point where if they take the air out of the FOMO and this is an investment angle this bubble Bursts. It very well may happen today!

It's a fine line.

#3047 1 year ago

I hate to say it but I hope the flippers lose their @$$ on this game . They just validated this pricing . Glad I mostly decided to start getting back into the classics . I was almost in on this and got out last second .

#3051 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

They make sure you hit the ramp square and not off to the side. I imagine they don't want you slamming a ball into the screen.

“Individually controlled” by who ? The player ?

#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Oh wait, there it is - $25.5k!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137240
I'm sad that he didn't enable the forum option.

He also has 2 Halloweens for sale . Not the brightest bulb in the box .

#3607 1 year ago

We are all arguing a moot point .. either you bought one or you didn’t . Time will tell if it’s a hit and if the value holds up . For now JJP wins .

#4037 1 year ago

What’s crazy is all this BOM talk . Even if they put 2 amazing mechs in there what’s the actual cost a few hundred bucks ?

The cost in these machines is in the labor , license and overal parts not one extra mech . So why not just put those in there if your gonna get 15K you can do whatever you want , either that or the cost of making these is just too much and is gonna move to china .

#4049 1 year ago

I mean people could just buy a pinsight HDD

HTTPS://www.cheapdrainz.com

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's multiple times in gameplay videos where something is being displayed on the 10" LCD but nothing in the center of the main 27" LCD (for seconds at a time) and then other times where the same information is basically duplicated. I don't understand the choice to use such a large LCD on the playfield other then it was cheaper versus putting a mini playfield or larger mech in that area.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 35.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=Mando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.