(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Matt1724:

I was hoping for another pirates run, but after hearing Eric explain the warehouse is setup for standards builds, his talk about cost increases and how difficult pirates was to make I’ve now given up that hope. I’ll put a deposit down on anything, but another music pin.
I’d buy Toy Story.

I wonder if they could even sell 500 pirates - it’s hard to tell if the current prices are FOMO or actual demand.

If they were able, they should solve the multi-disc spinner issue - then they could sell 1000+ of them (and retrofit kits for existing games).

As for Toy Story, I’d probably be interested...but I’m really hoping for a Harry Potter or Mandalorian JJP.

9 months later
#193 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

If it's toy story I am in, No way I am buying first run....JJP track record with playfield issue's is a game of luck. I will sit back and enjoy CCR and wait.

It’s the worst kept secret as almost everyone agrees the next title is Toy Story.

The big question is how are they going to price it. I’m guessing $12k LE, $14k CE and dropping the SE entirely.

2 months later
#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They said late summer for the run of 5k. Sounds like it will end early. Congrats to TS lovers everywhere.

If the flexibility exists in the contract, it would be better business to end the run a little short - then build the remainder in a year. It worked well for them with WonkaLE.

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Steve Ritchie is at JJP now? Man, I must be out to lunch. Is he the head designer of Toy Story?

Steve's JJP game comes out next summer...according to an excellent source.

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

If you mean summer 2023, I highly doubt it. JJP is gonna reveal their next game in the next few months, I don't see how they would release another one just a year after.

I do mean summer 2023.

2 weeks later
#507 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

And if the CE sells out day one they got it right

Other than the few CEs that JJP offers on their website upon release, most all distributor CEs have been sold out for probably a year.

1 week later
#649 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I am expecting 13K and $17K

I think that would be a poor decision for JJP. $15k for a CE would be pushing the envelope (and only if they kept the production #s at 500).

1 week later
#750 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

The vast majority of CE buyers are boomers.

I would argue that the majority of CE buyers are GenX (born 1965-1980) but it would be interesting to see the breakdown.

As for the stock market/401k correlations - we didn't see much if any change in pricing when the market dipped to 17,000 in 2020 (or the 2000/2009 recessions).

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

12499 $ LE
14999 $ CE
5000 LE
800 CE
No se

It better be Pat Lawlor's best game ever - ie Pinside top 5 to support that kind of pricing. That's $4,500 over a CC SE and $3500 over a Stern Prem!

Not having an SE might prove to be a mistake as it's going to remove a lot of buyers. Eliminating the entry level game worked for CGC because their entry level game (SE) is $8k.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from atum:

From an economics perspective, 2020 wasn't a recession or any sort of long standing dip. So industry didn't even have a chance to feel a hit on demand, only supply, which supported price increases.
The two previous recessions are also atypical to the current environment in that there was not a rapid rise in prices due to supply issues (read greed in here as much as you want). So keeping prices current was feasible, as pinball is not a commodity item, and doesn't have to respond to price pressures. But when you have increased prices 20%-50% from a few years ago (looking back at the last 10 years), and money gets tight, you have the opportunity to see demand actually drop. Although most people in pinball view it as some level of investment. Not to be appreciating, but to at least fetch a buck to free up cash. It might be that generally people downsize to get new pins, or at least don't grow collections. And that doesn't impact manufacturers, and gets pinball into some new hands, assuming those people have the disposable income to acquire a collection.

No doubt we are in uncharted waters - currency in circulation in 2000 was just over 500B and as of today we are almost at 2.3T. Hopefully the economic growth remains and keeps unemployment low - otherwise we'll see the return of stagflation like we had in the 1970's.

I don't see pinball as an appreciating investment so much - more of a tangible commodity that depreciates less than cash (at least that's my pitch to the wife).

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Downvote me if you like, but it makes sense to me for them to open the CE at $19,995

You may be the only person that price makes sense to.

Pricing the CE at $20k would mean maybe 50-100 CE sales on day 1 leaving JJP to guess at how many games they need to build. They wouldn't be able to sell 500-800 CE games at that price.

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I don't expect JJP will price CEs at $20k.
That being said, Stern's EHoH 40th, a game that already have 2 previous other collectors editions sold before hand was easily able to sell 200 games at $25K within a day, and they barely did anything to the game... some powder coating, a new shooter, a new apron, and some new side decals... it didn't even include a topper. JJPs CEs do tend to be a bit better of an offer, in terms of additions they add on.
I personally do think they'd be able to sell about 500 games at that price point. Though, probably not many more than 500.
My expectation is that JJP will both increase the cost of the CE and the quantity. Something along the lines of $15k a game and 1000 units.

There are a couple of issues regarding your statement about EHoH40 - 1) It didn't sell out in a day - some distributors still have it in stock after 6 months now. 2) There was no MSRP - while a few did sell at $25k, some sold as low as $17k. The rest were in between that range. 3) EHoH40 was a run of 199 games. Less games = more exclusivity = higher price.

I think you have a good guess at TSCE being priced at $15k - but 1000 games would be risky at that price point. That's how many Stern makes of their LE at a much lower $10.5k price.

3 weeks later
#1106 1 year ago

My distrib's CE allocation was higher than expected (although not enough to meet demand) - which probably means they are making more CEs this time around.

Still no pricing information, but $15k seems to be a persistent rumor. I hope not.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

I was told the CE is sold out??

Just get on the list for distributors that keep lists and get on the mailing list for those that don't.

If they end up making more CEs this time and/or the price is a lot higher than GnRCE, you will be able to get one.

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from JayH:

And why not?

Because most of us would bail!

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your JJP observations are 100% accurate. Both Wonka LE and GNR had very little mechs, and were definitely not loaded by any stretch. They did a nice job on both games, but they were a far cry from their games in the past.

Agree. Extremely polished...loaded, not so much. The fun factor is still there though.

I'm hoping TS has at least as many mechs as TZ, but that may be hard to do on a standard body game.

#1470 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

This kind of positivity isn’t appropriate for pinside
But hell yeh man- I’m diggin the magic!! JJP is 7 for 7 IMO. TS gonna be fantastic in its own way.

I love the JJP magic too, I just wish they could nail another theme that resonates with me as well as Hobbit. Toy Story has potential but there are just so many directions they could go - I really hope they pull it off.

A JJP Matrix, Harry Potter or Star Wars would be a dream come true.

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Jersey Jack liked a comment on their Facebook post stating "CE sold out" and another few referencing Toy Story

And that "sell out" assumes the CE price:quantity ratio is within reason.

#1561 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And that "sell out" assumes the CE price:quantity ratio is within reason.

...and that the game actually looks fun of course. I was stoked about buying a Rob Zombie right up to the reveal video.

#1611 1 year ago

They made more than 500. My distrib's GnR CE allocation was 10. Their TSCE allocation is 25.

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

CE at 18k sells out in a day so 15 is easy. This market doesn't think twice now below 19.5 (as 20 scares people). Simple truth.
Why doesn't jjp sell higher than 15k then? Bc they don't need to. The margin is already ridiculous. This hobby just continues to prove out how much money is out there.

$12.5k - I'll buy it b/c it's a Lawlor JJP
$15k - I'll decide based on the video
$18k - nope

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Very true. I think any CE 500 or below is decent and rare. Not 1,000.

Demand is a huge factor though.

There are 1000 GZLEs and 4 for sale right now (with a $17k average price)

There are 1000 RushLEs and 10 for sale right now (with a $12k average price)

One could easily argue that 1000 was too few for GZ and too many for Rush.

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I think they could sell more this time as Toy Story is a much better theme with broad appeal to all ages.

With a higher price and a shakier economy, I could see them selling less too.

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Now if they would just show us the pin before orders open.
[quoted image]

They just did in your picture!

(or are you saying you'd like to see a few more pics?)

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Omigosh shreeeeeek marrrrrrrrrrry meeeeee pleeeeeeeeeese !!!!!!![quoted image]

marry (resized).jpgmarry (resized).jpg

"Whatever. Show me something I haven't seen before, then I'll get excited."

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Can any game live up to 7 years of anticipation?

There are some that are going to love it or hate it no matter what it looks like. 100% guaranteed.

#1956 1 year ago
Quoted from bobzilla:

When I look up the dimensions for all those it’s showing 29” for them.

The backbox is always the same size - 28~29ish depending on manufacturer.

Standard body = 22"
Wide body = 25"

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

You know what’s funny is having owned all 4 of those in addition to the Hobbit, I still feel like STTNG is my favorite wide body.
POTC is great, and I still own it, but TZ I didn’t like at all and IJ got boring quickly. Hobbit was a joke. About as much fun as Thunderbirds to me. Sold the others pretty quickly. Thankfully there’s room for everyone to like different things. Except people who don’t like Godzilla

I must be a widebody slut because I like STTNG, POTC, TZ, IJ *AND* Hobbit.

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

a hot chick with a belly shirt walks up and pulls the shooter rod

I'm in!

Quoted from MikeS:

The sound bellows through the topper soundbar "You've got a friend in Mee!"

...and I'm out!

#2625 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The game is fun which I used to think was what mattered but I understand that things have been changing and maybe I'm missing out or something

The thing you are probably missing is that WoZ, Hobbit, POTC, Dialed In, Wonka (LE) and GnR (LE) were all sub $10k purchases when they came out.

JJP has increased prices so much on this title that it's causing some push back. As I said yesterday:

12.5k CE - I buy because it's PL
15k CE - watch the video and decide

I watched and it's a pass for me. But I'm super excited to play it and know it will be fun - I just can't justify $15k.

#2635 1 year ago

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it - what if the leak was intentional in order to gauge response for setting a price?

How many of us would re-think if the prices were $12.5k CE / $10k LE ?

Still not sure I'd buy a CE, but I'd buy an LE for $10k.

#2714 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Tim Allen, alright, that's pretty cool! The LE is still the better deal IMO.

Yea - I'd rather have Tim Allen than Annie Potts. LE is by far the better deal....but at $10k aftermarket.

#2796 1 year ago

Paging all the goobers pushing for the CE to be $18k.... please, give us your thoughts today.

#2857 1 year ago

Seriously JJP - unlock the video already

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ya'll are something else. 15 million dollars worth of CEs sold out in less than a minute? Happy flipping LOL.

Nah - direct sales were probably 100 games. The distribs will now go through their interested lists (perhaps with a slight pucker factor as my guess is a 50% take vs pass).

#3069 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The CE? They should be plentiful for a long time to come. Secondary market is going to be disappointing for the FOMO's.

So, they shouldn't price the CEs at $19.5k then?

CEs will be $13 - $15k secondary market for a LONG LONG time. But I'm sure we'll see someone try to flip one soon for $17k. Fun times.

#3076 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So, they shouldn't price the CEs at $19.5k then?
CEs will be $13 - $15k secondary market for a LONG LONG time. But I'm sure we'll see someone try to flip one soon for $17k. Fun times.

Oh wait, there it is - $25.5k!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137240

I'm sad that he didn't enable the forum option.

#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

You're all waaaaay underestimating how frantic Disney Adults can be

And I know there is a large group of people that buy *only* JJP games.

FWIW - my distributor says sales are strong today.

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Never forget that Pinside killed Pirates.

The original spinner was so dang cool

#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe they are looking at these Stern LEs selling in the secondary market and thinking if a Munsters LE just went for $17k maybe Toy Story is worth $15k?
JP, Elvira, Stranger Things, Godzilla, Deadpool, Batman66, Iron Maiden, Munsters, Ghostbusters, MB, AFM, MM etc what am I missing? All $15k plus.
When you get enough people whining about price that’s when you know you’ve probably squeezed out most of the flipper crowd
Too much supply at higher prices will eventually cause some “Demand destruction”
What’s next for Stern LEs? $12,500?

All of your examples are top 20 games that have 1/2 (or less) as many LEs made (except GZ which is *the* #1 game).

Toy Story CE is 2x as many games made and will probably settle outside the top 20.

It honestly looks like a fun game - I think the major gripe is that it costs $4.5k more than a GZLE did at launch...and all you get for that is a shooter rod and topper. Jack's original vision of "putting as much as possible" into a pinball is dead and that makes a lot of us sad.

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can’t say it won’t land in the top 5. It might end up at 50. We will see
The point is that GZLE and many other Stern LEs, some with LESS in them now sell for $15k plus

Well, I can say it probably will be in the top 50 - top 5? Not likely.

I see your point about price, but you may have missed mine about quantity. There are 1/2 as many JP, StrTh, GotG, EHoH, etc LEs than TSCEs. That makes a huge difference! Maybe you are thinking that the top 10 Stern LEs are undervalued in the market???

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't hate JJP. I hate a price tag of $12-15k for a somewhat generic game.

I wouldn't mind the price if it were jam packed with mechs and custom molded toys like WoZ, Hobbit, DI, PotC were. My Hobbit has like 70 coils/servos!

#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

if JJP can sell a boatload of Stern-level TS4's at $12K a pop, why wouldn't Stern start selling their premium pins at the same price point?

Because Stern likes to stay in business. This pricing level is a pretty risky move for JJP.

#3870 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's really no way to know until people start playing them and seeing what the game actually IS. Even if low demand causes owners to take a hit, I think it's maybe $1500 max if you look at other recent pins that the market isn't hounding after like Mando Prem which often goes for 300-1200 less than MSRP. If you keep Toy Story for a year and sell it for $1200 less than you bought it for, you got a rental for $100/mo. In olden times we almost always assumed a new pin was going to sell for less when we sold it. This appreciating pin thing is pretty new.

Yea - I'd say that's a good guess. It will stay above the LE NIB price - so $13-15k would be my guess.

And you are correct - most of us in the hobby years ago didn't buy NIB games - we let someone else take the depreciation "hit" (and initial shipping cost).

#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Tablets have notoriously shitty viewing angles, wonder if it holds up OK.

It depends on the technology - IPS have pretty good viewing angles.

#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll agree its expensive but didn’t someone pay $25K for a Tron LE?

Don't you dare drag Tron into this thread!

8F147025-0AE8-46A5-BC39-9EDAAAA291AB (resized).jpeg8F147025-0AE8-46A5-BC39-9EDAAAA291AB (resized).jpeg

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not everything. But flashlights waving in my face during constant mb’s…
Yes. Another annoying gnr trait. Man, you REALLY hate that game!

Short People Got No Reason To Live!

(the best Randy Newman song)

#4653 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

For everyone not caring and disappointed in this game they sure do keep coming back to this thread…. I’d wager a fair number of them will have this in their collection in the future

I think it looks fun and I'm a huge PL fan. But I'm down on Disney and down on JJP right now. More power to them - they can do what they want. They just won't be doing it with my money.

Buying on the secondary market when prices come down (because they will) would allow me to try it out but not directly condone the direction JJP is taking.

#4918 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I can’t believe that adults are so triggered by “woke”. It’s just pinball. Get over the fact that gay people exist. Sheesh.

Wow - nice straw man argument.

#4933 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

That price is the main reason why I’m seriously considering a Cactus Canyon. I’m so tempted.
My personal limit is $12k for a perfect pin so something like Cactus Canyon, which to me is very good but not perfect, is going to sell by price. At $10k, I would not even consider it.

There is no such thing as a perfect pin - at least I've never owned one.

Cactus Canyon is a great game - easily one of the top 5 from the 90s with the CGC code fixes. And with the upcoming "extended" code that will be offered in the future, it will only get better.

#4944 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

and not laying 12k

Ugh - you mean to tell me I've been working my butt off for 25 years to make money while you guys are just laying money like eggs?

#5072 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right, but that was only the first time JJP did this by taking $1K off the retail off DI LE to make the SE, which you could do with leaving off powder, shaker, invisiglass. As the LE prices increased, more stuff had to be cut, which is why the next two pins, Wonka and GnR had playfield stuff removed (more in line with how Stern does it from Prem/LE down to Pro) to make SE versions, and those stripped games were a lot less desirable, so almost no one bought them. Taking $1k off Toy Story 4 isn't going to do anything positive for sales. The SE would have to be like $2.5k less to get it under $10k and then enough would have been cut that no one would want it. Lose-lose.

DISE actually had a shaker.

B131B551-5B20-48BA-B61E-6AD7D35B2982 (resized).pngB131B551-5B20-48BA-B61E-6AD7D35B2982 (resized).png

#5087 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So… what are the odds a distro selling CE for a discount??? Or would this apply to LE’s right now?

Patience young Padawan. Flow soon the discounts will...

#5108 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It shouldn’t matter if a CE ends up in the $12k range but in this market, who knows

And compared to what most of us have lost in the stock market this year, losing $3k seems like a bargain. At least you get some enjoyment out of it.

#5139 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

disney probably had to pay her $300K for the added voice-over work

It would be interesting to know, but I would guess more like $30-50k for a couple hours of her time in a studio.

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

When was the last time you walked into your employer’s office and said, “Hey boss, you know that $180K you pay me? Let’s drop that down to $140k. It feels like the right thing to do.”
When??? NEVER.

Or, a more accurate analogy - try going into your bosses office and demanding that they give you a 33% raise while reducing your hours from 40 per week to 30 per week.

99.9% chance he/she says - "I'm sorry - I no longer see the value. I'll choose someone else to take your place".

#5247 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

$2,500.. yes, he is losing $1,500 on his deposit.

The deposit amount varied by distributor. Mine charged $3500 deposit on the CE.

You would have to PM and ask fattrain what his terms are. I interpreted it as $1k on top
of the $15k otherwise it would have been sold by now.

#5274 1 year ago

Well, there actually *was* FOMO when we were all dreaming of laser fights with Zurg, slinky dog ramps, Sid bash toys, Buzz hot wheels loops, alien claws, etc, etc

#5319 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If new prices were magically announced for TS4 as $9k and $12k, with refunds automatically issued to current buyers ….that’s a big IF, but if it happened, the game would leave a a better taste in one’s mouth. JJP would have sold 3.5k games on day one instead of rumored 2k. At first thought, it would have been better to offer lower prices and sell more units. BUT in this case it is probably even results for JJP, as they sold and will build 2.5k games by year end. By then switching to their next title on both manufacturing lines it will allow those to be built in a timely basis. It will also allow one line to be started in Dec with Eric’s pin. JJP may have become a healthy and profitable manufacturer.
I see JJP running 2.5k games of TS4 in six months. Then Godfather selling and running 2.5k games in six months. Then 2.5k games of Steve Ritchie music title. Then 2.5k games of Eric’s Matrix pin. If they are following a strategy like this and get through the recession they are going to look fierce. They will also be releasing two games per year. Of course that would be a perfect sequence for them but things never go according to plan.

But making predetermined run sizes was part of what killed BLY/WMS in the end. 3k MB/MMs was way too few and 3k NGG/CVs was too many so they had to discount them.

Stern has a much better model with small runs that are cycled. That way they can make 10k GZs and only 2k LZs - maximizing your strong titles and minimizing your weak ones.

If JJP would do the same, they could have cut off the GNR run when demand started waning and switched to a small run of 500 WoZs and/or 500 PotC.

#5341 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

they have a lot of fires to put out with their Halloween/Ultraman disaster

By disaster, you mean selling out of the entire run in a couple of hours?? JJP wishes they could have more of those "disasters".

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Flippers got screwed.

I hope flippers got super screwed on HWN/UM and I hope they get screwed again on TS4. It was worth the *temporary* UM value hit for me as I won't sell mine for a long time so I don't care. But if they keep losing money, they leave our hobby and go screw up some other hobby.

#5358 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Disaster for Spooky going forward. They burned their base HARD. That sellout was because people TRUSTED Spooky due to accumulated goodwill

Lol - they didn't burn their base and the sellout had nothing to do with "trust" or "goodwill". The two hour sellout was *some* of their base and a *lot* of people trying to cash in on the R&M spot flipping. The flippers cared nothing about owning the game so they are simply dumping their spots as planned - but are forced to do it at market value and are taking a loss.

I know you've been around long enough to remember ACNC and TNA runs - those didn't sell out until late into the runs. That's the way it should be as it gives people time to see and play the games before purchasing. Everyone that purchased an ACNC or TNA actually wanted to own the game. Unlike this flipping BS that's been a cancer to our hobby the last few years.

As for me and Spooky - I'll keep buying every title they make because they make fun games and I like them as people. I suspect iceman44 will too.

#5365 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ACNC and TNA were not super-hot licensed properties. They would have sold out Rick and Morty with twice their units if they didn't cut it off way too low.

They didn't "cut it off" per se - they simply made as many as they were comfortable making at the time. They've attempted to grow slowly and increase the number of games with each release.

AMH - 150
RZ - 300
ACNC - 500
R&M - 750
HWN/UM - 1750

TNA was 550 and around the same time as ACNC/R&M but was a contract build.

1 week later
#5462 1 year ago

/\

Lol - epic fail.

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adjust the left sling so it registers and kicks like it's supposed to, and then if it's not enough, turn the sling power up.
Main problem is a lack of system check to make sure everything's working and in spec before playing it. I had to do a lot of little adjustments on mine out of the box. My slings were the opposite - machine gunning. The game tweaks were nothing major (kickout saucer strength, spinner, etc), just a lot of small stuff in a more than usual quantity.

And this would be extremely easy to fix in a code update. After 10 consecutive alternating sling activations, alter left sling power up or down for 5 seconds.

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given the tiny number of instances of this problem where it goes uncorrected (and adjusting the sling switch so it WORKS is the solution) this is a waste of programming and testing effort. Probably why it's never been done by anyone at any manufacturer to my knowledge.

I doubt half of the TS4 buyers would know how to even bring up the menu - much less would know how to adjust sling power.

And in 25 years of being in the hobby I've never seen a game go into an infinite sling loop.

It's a 10 second coding fix and a 10 second test - if it was my code, I would fix it.

1 week later
#5783 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lower than MSRP prices are never published. They're between distrib & customer.

My guess is the distributor's cut is around $1k so in theory they could go down to $11k/$14k if they just wanted to blow them out. But I agree - you won't see them post prices under MSRP.

#5786 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Did you see their ad? They are under MSRP

Hah - $2 under MSRP

Quoted from explosiveegg:

Last I knew distributors took a much larger cut than that.
I thought it was around 25-30% of the MSRP of the game.

No - the only thing they've gotten a larger cut on recently was EHoH40 - their cost was $15k and most sold between $19 and $24k.

#5857 1 year ago

This being the first survey I've ever received from JJP is telling. Obviously sales on TS4 were not what they hoped.

For me, the reduction in mech count (ie the magic) is my main reason for passing on TS4. But for others, it could be the huge price increase, elimination of warranty or playfield quality worries. Oh - and Butch/LTG.

#5869 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s this survey? I unsubscribed from their email list, so I guess I’m not getting it lol

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/jersey_jack_pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.