(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 121.
#4851 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I don't think it will lose value unless the entire marketplace drops. This is not a shitty game (quite the contrary) and people stuck on the "lack of mechs" are going to be the minority as more people play it. It's a great pinball.

That’s the point I’ve been trying to make 100 different ways. They still don’t grasp it. The market is what it is right now, like it or not.

And I agree the pin looks really good. You have one right ?

#4852 1 year ago

DeAngelo beat game right after first warm up game, right flipper got weak on him. Zmeny saying all the dislike in chat is forced

#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

DeAngelo beat game right after first warm up game, right flipper got weak on him. Zmeny in saying all the dislike in chat is forced

where's the link to the game play

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:That’s the point I’ve been trying to make 100 different ways. They still don’t grasp it. The market is what it is right now, like it or not.
And I agree the pin looks really good. You have one right ?

Have had a CE ordered, but played one game on an LE the evening it was released (St. Louis distributor drove up to Chicago to get them the first day), and sort of had to have one, so went back and got one of the LE's in the box the next day, have about 120 games on it now (and just getting better as I've learned the rules). At this point, still doing a CE, and I don't think I'll lose anything on either transaction.

It's not as easy as I originally thought, seeing some Lawlor design normalcies coming through (like rockets coming out of the pops down the middle), and punishing slings if you miss a shot. That's about the only annoying thing about it are the slow slings that you just have to watch yourself about to be hosed by a sling to outlane, almost in slow motion compared to a Stern. When you have to make the hard shots as dictated by the rules to progress, that's when I started seeing some of the more challenging aspects of the game. The ramp shots are easy, but the scoop and roadtrip lock are tight.

#4856 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

DeAngelo beat game right after first warm up game, right flipper got weak on him. Zmeny saying all the dislike in chat is forced

He didn't beat the game. He finished the FIRST HALF and was partway through the second half of "Meet me at the Carousel" when he lost the ball. You have to finish both halves to actually beat the game.

#4857 1 year ago

He referred to the right flipper as feeling like a wet noodle…sounds like that issue hasn’t been solved. Also said that the angle and placement of gigantic iPad made it hard took at while playing, not much better then the back box monitor.

#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He didn't beat the game. He finished the FIRST HALF and was partway through the second half of "Meet me at the Carousel" when he lost the ball. You have to finish both halves to actually beat the game.

A simpleton’s programming trick, just like racing games that have you do the first race on a track and then tell you there’s a different stage/2nd half, as you race same track again mirrored only backwards. TS4 employing same cheap tricks, but it sure saves on programming costs and fits right in with the low BOM ideals of the new JJP.

#4859 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

A simpleton’s programming trick, just like racing games that have you do the first race on a track and then tell you there’s a different stage/2nd half, as you race same track again mirrored only backwards. TS4 employing same cheap tricks, but it sure saves on programming costs and fits right in with the low BOM ideals of the new JJP.

I'll save that judgment until I see if there's actually something to play that's different if you finish both sides.

Second time through and he's doing much better - playing the Buzz version of the Carousel with 3 balls left, so we may see the full end tonight.

#4860 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll save that judgment until I see if there's actually something to play that's different if you finish both sides.
Second time through and he's doing much better - playing the Buzz version of the Carousel with 3 balls left, so we may see the full end tonight.

An easy shooter built for kiddies, couldn’t imagine Karl a pro, won’t make it all the way through in one evening.

#4861 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

An easy shooter built for kiddies, couldn’t imagine Karl a pro, won’t make it all the way through in one evening.

Well, he blew his 3 balls and is on his last, so maybe not tonight. It's a nail-biter now with 80% of the second part left to do and no balls left. Still, amazing play for literally his first time ever playing the game.

#4862 1 year ago

Amazing play, bummer the right flipper has issues, he is missing a lot of shots because of it.

I'm aslo glad I didn't buy a TS4, there really is not much play there, I still cant believe it actually

#4863 1 year ago

Crazy, flippers are so weak Karl has had to nearly take the game apart and pause play just to try to continue his streaming of TS4. He says he’s concerned with the jump ramp not always working. This game is typical poor quality workmanship from JJP. Sheesh, will we ever learn? Have never seen someone streaming and have to stop in the middle of the stream because the game won’t work properly.

#4864 1 year ago

Right now anyone can get a GnRLE , Hobbit or Dialed In from 8800-9500 .Not trying to be a D#*? but if those are the better games ………As always wish the best to all looks fun

#4865 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Right now anyone can get a GnRLE , Hobbit or Dialed In from 8800-9500 .Not trying to be a D#*? but if those are the better games ………As always wish the best to all looks fun

TS4 is going to tank even more than GNR, Hobbit, or Di. At least Hobbit and DI have some mechs to keep things interesting…

#4866 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TS4 is going to tank even more than GNR, Hobbit, or Di. At least Hobbit and DI have some mechs to keep things interesting…

I was wrong , make that 7900-9500

30D4134F-7600-431C-A64A-7793A017C324 (resized).png30D4134F-7600-431C-A64A-7793A017C324 (resized).png
#4867 1 year ago

Update on TS4 streaming: Karl worked on TS4 what seemed like forever and said it was the upper flipper was binding some…then after putting it together again, said its still weak as hades. Now he’s taking it apart again! Ha!! He said only 40 games on, shouldn’t mean flippers are totally weak… In frustration he puts the table back together a 2nd time and says, that’s about all I can do tonight.

Wow, TS4 might be a bigger shooting problem than we all thought….

Now Karl is trying again in vain to play on, but says it just won’t hold up. Maybe TS4 will hold value around a used pro at $5500 or even a Home Edition at $3999 (maybe that’s too low though)? Just wondering?

…most consistent shots are roll backs of balls that won’t make the ramps…

#4868 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Update on TS4 streaming: Karl worked on TS4 what seemed like forever and said it was the upper flipper was binding some…then after putting it together again, said its still weak as hades. Now he’s taking it apart again! Ha!! He said only 40 games on, shouldn’t mean flippers are totally weak… In frustration he puts the table back together a 2nd time and says, that’s about all I can do tonight.
Wow, TS4 is a bigger joke that we all thought….
Now Karl is trying again in vain to play on, but says it just won’t hold up. Maybe TS4 will hold value around a used pro at $5500 or even a Home Edition at $3999 (maybe that’s too low thought)? Just wondering?

Yeah I'm watching the stream too, watching that flipper not even get the ball up the ramp was painful.

#4869 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow, TS4 might be a bigger shooting problem than we all thought….
Now Karl is trying again in vain to play on, but says it just won’t hold up. Maybe TS4 will hold value around a used pro at $5500 or even a Home Edition at $3999 (maybe that’s too low though)? Just wondering?
…most consistent shots are roll backs of balls that won’t make the ramps…

Update.

As I’m watching, no the flippers aren’t weak.

Had to dial the power down the left flipper.

Upper flipper binding and working good now.

Right flipper also working fine now after adjustment again.

Most depressing part? Karl is too good.

#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Update.

was good for a few minutes, not any more

#4871 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Update.

"I'm gonna have to tear apart that flipper mech completely...."
Karl at 10:22pm PST

"This feels like playing a broken routed game...."
Karl at 10:25pm PST

"We're done, can't play it anymore...."
Karl at 10:28pm PST

Damn this is painful to watch. I hope he can sort it out.

#4872 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

"I'm gonna have to tear apart that flipper mech completely...."
Karl at 10:22pm PST

That’s what it looks like. Issue with it. Broken spring? Left flipper good

No issues with either flipper on Helicon or Buffalo stream I watched.

Yeah I would pick GNR too but he said it was too early to call for him

#4873 1 year ago

Karl’s best comment of the night: “This feels like I’m playing a broken routed game!” Ha HA! Glad at least he’s being honest. He also said he would pick GNR over TS4 when asked. Says he’s going to have to call it a night because after not that long playing it, the game just can’t do more…and people are paying $12k to $15k for this?

….Karl says as he throws his hands in the air: “we’re done”. He says this is not just a fan issue, although they might help.

#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Update.

Wait buddy Ice, we can’t be watching the same stream. Karl just gave it up in total frustration, because of all the poor quality flipper problems, jump ramp not working, issues with not being able to make the ramps. Take off those rose colored JJP glasses, you can’t see very well it appears, lol!

#4875 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wait buddy Ice, we can’t be watching the same stream. Karl just gave it up in total frustration, because of all the poor quality flipper problems, jump ramp not working, issues with not being able to make the ramps. Take off those rose colored JJP glasses, you can’t see very well it appears, lol!

Fake news Tbird!

Left flipper too strong.

Wasn’t sure about jump ramp

Right flipper has issues that weren’t there in other streams.

Give it up Tbird! Take off the haterade glasses.

You have zero credibility when you pump MunstersLE as worth much more than $17,500

Sorry buddy. The Stern pumper bias is fine but I like em both. And I have no bias like you do

#4876 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fake news Tbird!
Left flipper too strong.
Wasn’t sure about jump ramp
Right flipper has issues that weren’t there in other streams.
Give it up Tbird!

LOLOLOLOLO! Ice, have you become the ultimate JJP suck up? That flipper was the worst. He could not make the ramps or do much of anything from the left flipper. You’re dreaming again or had too much to drink, LOL!!!

#4877 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

LOLOLOLOLO! Ice, have you become the ultimate JJP suck up? That flipper was the worst. He could not make the ramps or do much of anything from the left flipper. You’re dreaming again or had too much to drink, LOL!!!

Wtf are you talking about? He got 48 mill on his first game. You are full of shit with the left flipper nonsense.

You obviously didn’t watch it. He dialed the power DOWN on the left flipper.

He’s gonna have to fix that right flipper mech.

I heard and watched the whole thing. You are totally biased with no credibility my friend.

As much as I like my MunstersLE when you say things like this one has to wonder what you are smoking?

“Selling for $17,500.00…and worth every penny. People are beginning to discover what they’ve missed out on. Munsters will continue to go up in value to the chagrin of the past pinside pitch forker’s and stoners. LOL!”

That is some serious Stern pump brother !

Objectively, it looks like a fun game, especially for an average player, it’s a more simple shooter like Munsters, Elvira or BM66

The pricing, I’ve said it many times already. No game is worth that $$$ including this one, but this market is crazy and in a “bubble”.

#4878 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf are you talking about? He got 48 mill on his first game. You are full of shit with the left flipper nonsense.

You might also turn up your hearing aids, don’t think you heard Karl correctly, my friend. Suggest you watch replay again to understand fully, lol.

He doesn’t just need to fix the right flipper mech, he thinks he needs to fix most of the whole game is the real issue it seems. You must be defending this so unwittingly, because you’re in on one???

#4879 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have zero credibility when you pump MunstersLE as worth much more than $17,500
Sorry buddy.

Zero credibility says my buddy from Boerne who also defended Deep Root as being legitimate to the bitter end….

#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Zero credibility says my buddy from Boerne who also defended Deep Root as being legitimate to the bitter end….

Lol. Read your Munster words. Sounds ridiculous don’t you think?

#4881 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Read your Munster words. Sounds ridiculous don’t you think?

Wow, I’ve got so many Deep Root thread words from you, that if you re-read just a tenth of your comments, you’ll think more than “ridiculous”! Too funny Ice, too funny…

BTW, our dogs here in Dallas are bigger than your dogs in Boerne, just sayin…

#4882 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow, I’ve got so many Deep Root thread words from you, that if you re-read just a tenth of your comments, you’ll think more than “ridiculous”! Too funny Ice, too funny…

That’s all you got? Go on back over there to that nut job DR thread and help em solve the conspiracy mystery puzzle. You’ll fit right in.

Duh, doh, Deeproot

Keep making a fool out of yourself here. The more you talk you are removing all doubt

#4883 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Damn this is painful to watch. I hope he can sort it out.

Sorted already. Turns out the right flipper didn't have a coil sleeve installed.

Not something he could do live, but once he could move stuff out of the way, he figured out the problem quickly.

#4884 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorted already. Turns out the right flipper didn't have a coil sleeve installed.

Well Thats an inconvenient truth now isn’t it?

Love those coil fans!

#4885 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not something he could do live, but once he could move stuff out of the way, he figured out the problem quickly.

Well isn’t that a convenient highly suspect excuse for a huge problem JJP is well known for. If JJP didn’t have the known flipper issue history, we might buy into that nonsense…

….JJP history says BS to that.

#4886 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well isn’t that a convenient highly suspect excuse for a huge problem JJP is well known for. If JJP didn’t have the known flipper issue history, we might buy into that nonsense…
….JJP history says BS to that.

Have you been drinking or something? What incentive would Karl have to lie about the solution to the problem from his live feed?

#4887 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did he find what the problem was with the upper right flipper getting hung up after the stream?

#4888 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you been drinking or something? What incentive would Karl have to lie about the solution to the problem from his live feed?

Never touch the stuff…but questioning all the BS apologists talk about the flippers. We all were able to see first hand what was happening, regardless if one flipper sleeve was missing. Quit trying to put Karl in the liar category, no one ever said anything of the kind. Let’s agree that JJPs manufacturing quality is so bad, one flipper sleeve was gone, what about the other two? Everyone could plainly see all three had issues. For someone like you Pinmonk, that says he could care less about being on the JJP sales/promotion team, you my friend qualify as someone that cares deeply like their stock holdings depend on it, lol.

#4889 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Did he find what the problem was with the upper right flipper getting hung up after the stream?

I don't think he had done that yet. I'm sure he'll run down what he found on the next stream. With the machine fully working there shouldn't be anything keeping him from completing both sides of Meet me at the Carousel and actually completing the game. He almost got there with a gimpy right flipper.

#4890 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Never touch the stuff…but questioning the BS about the flippers. We all were able to see first hand what was happening. Quite trying to put Karl in the liar category, no one ever said anything of the kind. Let’s say one flipper sleeve was gone, what about the other two? All three had issues, so for a guy that says he doesn’t care about being on the JJP sales/promotion team, you my friend qualify as someone that cares like their stock holdings depend on it, lol.

The left flipper had no problems the whole stream. In fact after turning the power up, he actually turned the left back down because he said it was too strong. the highest temp recorded with the left flipper was only 135F. So no, all three flippers did not have problems. The left was fine.

And again, what possible motive would Karl have to lie about the fix for the right flipper after he ended the stream? That's a crazy accusation with no basis.

#4891 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The left flipper had no problems the whole stream. In fact after turning the power up, he actually turned the left back down because he said it was too strong. the highest temp recorded with the left flipper was only 135F. So no, all three flippers did not have problems. The left was fine.
And again, what possible motive would Karl have to lie about the fix for the right flipper after he ended the stream?

Don’t buy your sales pitch Pinmonk, not for a second, as I watched the whole thing. If the left flipper had no problems, why couldn’t he make the ramp shots from the left flipper much of the time after playing a while??? Stop putting Karl in the liar conversation and stand on your own two feet. Karl’s not a liar. He called it like it is: “feels like I’m playing a routed machine”, that was referencing all the flipper TS4 problems, sheesh.

#4892 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t buy your sales pitch Pinmonk, not for a second, as I watched the whole thing. If the left flipper had no problems, why couldn’t he make the ramp shots from the left flipper much of the time after playing a while??? Stop putting Karl in the liar conversation and stand on your own two feet. Karl’s not a liar. He called it like it is: “feels like I’m playing a routed machine”, that was referencing all the flipper TS4 problems, sheesh.

Don't turn this around on me. YOU said, "Well isn’t that a convenient highly suspect excuse for a huge problem JJP is well known for." As if Karl lied about the coil sleeve being the reason the flipper couldn't make a ramp at 166F. Even faded, that ramp should have been make-able. The fact that the coil sleeve being gone was the issue (as Karl discovered after the stream) explains what was seen perfectly.

YOU also said he had problems with all three flippers malfunctioning. Anyone that watched the whole stream sober knows that's completely untrue. He ONLY had issues with the lower and upper right flippers.

#4893 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't turn this around on me. YOU said, "Well isn’t that a convenient highly suspect excuse for a huge problem JJP is well known for." As if Karl lied about the coil sleeve being the reason the flipper couldn't make a ramp at 166F. Even faded, that ramp should have been make-able. The fact that the coil sleeve being gone was the issue (as Karl discovered after the stream) explains what was seen perfectly.
YOU also said he had problems with all three flippers malfunctioning. Anyone that watched the whole stream sober knows that's completely untrue. He ONLY had issues with the lower and upper right flippers.

You’re the only one lying to yourself my friend. Take a few Zen deep breaths, relax and watch the stream again, you missed a great deal of it while your were texting in the chat box and looking for temp numbers so you can sell the heck out of your high priced fans.

#4894 1 year ago

Get a room you guys.

#4895 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re the only one lying to yourself my friend. Take a few Zen deep breaths, relax and watch the stream again, you missed a great deal of it while your were texting in the chat box and looking for temp numbers so you can sell the heck out of your high priced fans.

This also makes NO SENSE. If I was trying to sell Tibetan Breeze kits, I'd be pushing the crap out of the temps of that stream. But I'm not even publishing them because there was a mechanical problem and the temps are not legitimately representative of that machine. I don't want to sell people kits for machines that don't need them. You're all over the place.

But yeah, I've had enough of whatever wacked out, crazy trip you're on. Welcome to the hall of infamy.

#4896 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This also makes NO SENSE. If I was trying to sell Tibetan Breeze kits, I'd be pushing the crap out of the temps of that stream. But I'm not even publishing them because there was a mechanical problem and the temps are not legitimately representative of that machine. I don't want to sell people kits for machines that don't need them. You're all over the place.
But yeah, I've had enough of whatever wacked out, crazy trip you're on. Welcome to the hall of infamy.

Your last resort is putting others opinions and observations down? Calling them “whacked out”, “on crazy trips”, “casting them into the “hall of infamy”, because they don’t align with your views? Really feel sorry for you Pinmonk. Monk’s never resort to these type tactics. I wish you peace and the best on your JJP sales journey and hope for much happiness!

#4897 1 year ago

DI is the lawlor goat

#4899 1 year ago

Here's our gameplay stream on TS4 from last night:

#4900 1 year ago

“Karl is obviously the problem. Here at JJP we make sure everything is 100 % before shipping. The home owner then does things that cause problems.” - Jack’s response on any future issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/98?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.