(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 121.
#4601 1 year ago

I think we are noticing people playing the game and having fun and that is what pinball is all about! But do it on someone else’s dime! Put five bucks in the machine and enjoy!!

#4602 1 year ago

So in GNR, you have 2 guitar necks, drum sticks, cymbols on the pops, etc.... on a toy story game, you have... no toys.

Yes, beating the dead horse LOL

#4603 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Was curious what JJPs TS4 Play field looked like after removing from the BOM:
$26 cake toppers (these were surely even less through bulk buying)
$29 - 10” LCD (JJP purchased even more so the individual price was even cheaper)
+__________
$55 of the BOM’s probably most expensive parts removed.
Take away the art…surprising how barren it is, even more than thought, as not much is left. JJPs BOM has to be so low even the bean counters have been breaking out in hysterical laughter. Because that MSRP price tag of $12k to $15K has been actually accepted by some buyers as being just fine, as long as the empty PF is fun to play!
JJP board room decision makers think: “boy did we ever pull one over on the FOMO crowd this time. See we told you people would buy anything that mainly has artwork/photos, with lots of software/video code and tons of LEDs plastered all over the PF. A new virtual video game era for pinball has begun! Stern made an empty PF with Beatles for nearly half the price. We just proved we could 1 up Stern and get people to buy it for nearly twice. Wait till they see what we come up with next!” LOL!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So…. Are you going to buy one?

#4604 1 year ago

Just had a few beers and played my GNR LE a few times.

I haven’t really been playing it for the last couple months because it’s been moved around in my pinball room and because I’ve been playing the latest new additions to my collection, Godzilla, Spider-Man and Metallica.

Anyway, after playing TS a couple days ago, I realized that GNR is like night and day compared to what you will get in the latest JJP LE. For me, my GNR was $2500 less than TS because I bought it on day 1 release for $9500.

I don’t care what other people say about GNR… this pin is an amazing F’ng pinball experience every time you play it and it’s packed with a ton of stuff compared to TS. Even with “not so snappy” flippers, like stern, it’s still fast, fun and the experience is like no other machine out there.

I’m not a GNR fanatic but I do love the music and with a subwoofer connected to this things it’s unbelievable how great this thing sounds and how much it adds to the experience playing this pin. (I have a pinnovators sub connection)

Eric Meunier made a masterpiece with GNR and it’s packed with awesome shots, mechs, ramps sculpted figures and actual music instruments implemented into the machine. Most importantly it’s a true world under glass, even the pop bumpers are amazing in this game, with the drum sound effects and the moving drum set attached to them, most people could care less about pop bumpers!

Anyway, just wanted to say that this sucks that JJP is trying to charge 12k for their latest LE machine and there’s nothing really in it. What sucks even more is this though, I was REALLY looking forward to Eric’s next pin but NOT if this is JJP’s new direction. If JJP charges 12k for all their new LE pins from now on and they don’t plan to put much in them. Then I guess GNR was my only and last JJP purchase.

#4605 1 year ago

Funny cause with all the lack of toys and stuff, this machine is going to have playfield issues. We thought GNR was bad…jump ramp here we come!!

#4606 1 year ago

So after reading this topic that it HAD to be Toy Story 4…
Saw this during a holiday at the hotel today!
It’s funny that a yoghurt brand apparently was able to work out a Disney deal that wasn’t so restricted?

7DEDA69E-5A9B-43D5-B635-C51F72A2BDB2 (resized).jpeg7DEDA69E-5A9B-43D5-B635-C51F72A2BDB2 (resized).jpeg
#4607 1 year ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

So after reading this topic that it HAD to be Toy Story 4…
Saw this during a holiday at the hotel today!
It’s funny that a yoghurt brand apparently was able to work out a Disney deal that wasn’t so restricted?
[quoted image]

Food branding with Disney is a VERY different ball game. I have first-hand experience with this. Most food related items are not tied to a single entity like a movie, but more to a franchise. The only real stuff that's tied directly to movie or TV show premieres are fast food tie-ins like Happy Meals at McDonalds and other promotional type items, but only around the time the movie is released. After that, it defaults to the overall franchise IP where they have a hierarchy of characters that they dictate the use of on any and all packaging that you print. The imagery can get very non-descript with respect to a single offering in that IP's catalog. While these do have Forky, it doesn't actually say Toy Story 4. Same thing we had when we did Marvel labels. The artwork was obviously referencing Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but nowhere on the label did it have the movie title since it was over six months old at the time. Same for The Force Awakens, too. We did those labels a year after that movie was out and it had Rey and BB8 plastered all over it, but all it said was Star Wars.

Trust me, Disney has their reasons they do things this way. They are all planned, organized, and voted upon by multiple people long before we ever see things on the shelves. This is intentional. Nobody controls their branding more than Disney.

#4608 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Dang that Tablet screen is huuuuuuuuuuge, I didn't realize that until looking at the latest YouTube videos. It's a bummer, they could have put it under the playfield and make room for an alien crane mech, that toy alone would have been a game changer for me.

Said this from the start : )

#4609 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Whoever made this was a genius!!![quoted image]

I’ll just leave this here.

EB436424-B3D8-4CC6-89DE-0E4329372589 (resized).jpegEB436424-B3D8-4CC6-89DE-0E4329372589 (resized).jpeg
#4610 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Was curious what JJPs TS4 Play field looked like after removing from the BOM:
$26 cake toppers
$29 - 10” LCD
+__________
$55 of the BOM’s probably most expensive parts removed.
JJPs BOM is so low even the bean counters have been breaking out in hysterical laughter.
JJP board room decision makers think: “Boy did we ever pull one over on the FOMO crowd. Super low BOM is just fine, as long as the empty PF is fun to play! Lots of software/video code and tons of LEDs plastered all over the PF works! A new virtual video game era for pinball has begun! Stern made an empty PF with Beatles for nearly half the price. We just proved we could 1 up Stern and get people to buy it for nearly twice. Wait till they see what’s coming next!” LOL!
[quoted image][quoted image] (From earlier post) [quoted image]

Hi, just wanted to point out that the LCD you linked is not a normal LCD, but a touch panel overlay for a 10 inch display (or maybe display including touch that is not clear from the screenshot). A normal 10 inch LCD screen with low resolution is cheaper especially when bought in larger quantities.

#4611 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

So…. Are you going to buy one?

Originally really wanted to, but instead will spend my $50 in the local arcade that may have one on location. Not worth $12k-$15k, but would have paid $6k near the price of a Pro, even with it being so empty. Might be able to find a TS4 HUO in a year or two for that price, so will wait until then. Thanks for asking!

#4612 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Hi, just wanted to point out that the LCD you linked is not a normal LCD, but a touch panel overlay for a 10 inch display (or maybe display including touch that is not clear from the screenshot). A normal 10 inch LCD screen with low resolution is cheaper especially when bought in larger quantities.

Corrected now and yes, its half the price of the other one! There are even cheaper ones than that, but thought I’d at least pick a nice one, which JJP probably put in TS4 at a whopping $16, for the most expensive piece in the BOM. Although they may have acquired an even cheaper one and certainly got bulk pricing, lol.

#4613 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m taking a wild guess here.I bet I can safely say you have nothing positive to say about JJP games and rave reveiws for Stern games right?
You have been going on for days here and you just keep coming up with negatives.I love how you compare JJP games from the past as being better.You had nothing good to say about them either at the time!You are simply a fanboy.
I have admitted to rooting for Jack from the beginning but I do not go to Stern threads to just talk shit like you do here. Just quit already

I've owned a Hobbit, GNR, WOZ and POTC. Been looking for a DI and Wonka. Plenty critical of Stern especially with the latest Rush scoop fiasco and continued coil stop failures out of the box. Instead of insisting I quit being critical of JJP's Toy Suck, maybe look in the mirror and ask why you are so defensive of such a lame theme with less BOM for a higher asking price.

#4614 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I’ll just leave this here.[quoted image]

Quoted from McDoom:

I’ll just leave this here.[quoted image]

Bring it on! Is the guy in leather Gimp from Pulp Fiction?

#4615 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I've owned a Hobbit, GNR, WOZ and POTC. Been looking for a DI and Wonka. Plenty critical of Stern especially with the latest Rush scoop fiasco and continued coil stop failures out of the box. Instead of insisting I quit being critical of JJP's Toy Suck, maybe look in the mirror and ask why you are so defensive of such a lame theme with less BOM for a higher asking price.

Man, you must be easily bothered. RUSH scoop fiasco? What, having to purchase a 3rd party protector that is more aesthetically pleasing is a big deal to you? Sure, it's a bummer that manufacturers don't do a great job protecting the PF (on occasion), however it's really minor. Do you like the game? For games I love, it's really easy to get past the minor manufacturer issues. Shit, took me 2 months to dial-in Rick and Morty, but it was a labor of love since the game is so amazing.

#4616 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have many post did you make about Rush scoop?What I’m complaining about is the way you go on and on like you want to stop anybody from buying any game from JJP.Most everybody here got it after day two.I’ve already stated days ago that I wasn’t happy with them having to do TS4.I also posted I wanted them to do a B/W JJP encompassing first three movies!
I also stated I was disappointed about the lack of cool mechs and crazy pricing!If you had bothered to actually read what I said about bean counters being in charge.
So I don’t blindly support JJP I just hope they can get back to their original mission and not just become another Stern.

#4617 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, you must be easily bothered. RUSH scoop fiasco? What, having to purchase a 3rd party protector that is more aesthetically pleasing is a big deal to you? Sure, it's a bummer that manufacturers don't do a great job protecting the PF (on occasion), however it's really minor. Do you like the game? For games I love, it's really easy to get past the minor manufacturer issues. Shit, took me 2 months to dial-in Rick and Morty, but it was a labor of love since the game is so amazing.

Plenty of Rush owners like myself that weren't happy to have to immediately change the scoop protector out, not a quick five minute job either. I've had to do plenty to R&M also, point is every manufacturer deserves to be called out when they deserve it.

#4618 1 year ago

I do not understand how so many dealers can have stock of this pin right now ready for delivery. How many will JJP pump out until they feel the distro are full?

Could this be the first pin in years that available upon release?

#4619 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Plenty of Rush owners like myself that weren't happy to have to immediately change the scoop protector out, not a quick five minute job either. I've had to do plenty to R&M also, point is every manufacturer deserves to be called out when they deserve it.

I actually replaced the protector a couple days ago...definitely a PITA! Still minor compared with other shit I've had to deal with. No problem calling it out...I agree. The good news is there was zero damage with the original protector, unlike my DILE that had a major PF chip at the SIM card shot (much bigger deal, IMHO).

#4620 1 year ago

Forgot to add, that the flippers felt like your standard slightly mushy, slightly weak JJP flippers.

They felt the same as other JJPs, and they definitely faded over the course of the night.

#4621 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Have many post did you make about Rush scoop?What I’m complaining about is the way you go on and on like you want to stop anybody from buying any game from JJP.Most everybody here got it after day two.I’ve already stated days ago that I wasn’t happy with them having to do TS4.I also posted I wanted them to do a B/W JJP encompassing first three movies!
I also stated I was disappointed about the lack of cool mechs and crazy pricing!If you had bothered to actually read what I said about bean counters being in charge.
So I don’t blindly support JJP I just hope they can get back to their original mission and not just become another Stern.

You would see me posting negatively the TS 4 club thread if I was trying to stop anyone from buying the game but let's be real here, negative comments on Pinside isn't going to block anyone from buying it. It's cool that you are critical of them on certain things, only way they get the message to go back to the WOZ glory days is for people to vote with their wallet.

#4622 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I do not understand how so many dealers can have stock of this pin right now ready for delivery. How many will JJP pump out until they feel the distro are full?
Could this be the first pin in years that available upon release?

It’s because getting people to part with $12000 plus tax isn’t easy, unless there’s a shortage of a highly desirable item which will likely increase in value.

TS4 doesn’t tick any of these three boxes (yet) so that’s why you can just waltz in and pick one up.

The pandemic and the easy ride for manufacturers of toilet paper is over.

#4623 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just had a few beers and played my GNR LE a few times.
I haven’t really been playing it for the last couple months because it’s been moved around in my pinball room and because I’ve been playing the latest new additions to my collection, Godzilla, Spider-Man and Metallica.
Anyway, after playing TS a couple days ago, I realized that GNR is like night and day compared to what you will get in the latest JJP LE. For me, my GNR was $2500 less than TS because I bought it on day 1 release for $9500.
I don’t care what other people say about GNR… this pin is an amazing F’ng pinball experience every time you play it and it’s packed with a ton of stuff compared to TS. Even with “not so snappy” flippers, like stern, it’s still fast, fun and the experience is like no other machine out there.
I’m not a GNR fanatic but I do love the music and with a subwoofer connected to this things it’s unbelievable how great this thing sounds and how much it adds to the experience playing this pin. (I have a pinnovators sub connection)
Eric Meunier made a masterpiece with GNR and it’s packed with awesome shots, mechs, ramps sculpted figures and actual music instruments implemented into the machine. Most importantly it’s a true world under glass, even the pop bumpers are amazing in this game, with the drum sound effects and the moving drum set attached to them, most people could care less about pop bumpers!
Anyway, just wanted to say that this sucks that JJP is trying to charge 12k for their latest LE machine and there’s nothing really in it. What sucks even more is this though, I was REALLY looking forward to Eric’s next pin but NOT if this is JJP’s new direction. If JJP charges 12k for all their new LE pins from now on and they don’t plan to put much in them. Then I guess GNR was my only and last JJP purchase.

I agree GnR is just as you described. Very special.
I think ts4 is special in it's own way too.
Targeting a different, kinder, gentler, wholesome, younger demographic. Who else is making brand new pinball machines with this kind of theme targeting that group?

Is the timing of this good? JJP seems to be proving they are by staying ahead of the curve from a marketing and business standpoint but either way they are running a very successful business whether you like them, or their games, or not. They clearly have Stern's attention. And they got mine with GnR.

I'd never even wanted or considered to own a pinball machine until GNR released and the promo came across my phone that late night December 30, 2020 where I had my Napoleon Dynamite "I want that!" moment and immediately went to JJP website and put down my deposit so I could then (Unknowingly) wait 11 long months for delivery.

The comparison imo is there will be enough ts4 younger "me" generation buyers out there (with 2.3 young kids now) who Like me didn't have or want a pinball machine until they resonate with ts4 and see marketing, on location, or word of mouth promo, or a search algorithm pushes the toy story pinball machine promo video to their phone Because they rented TS on Amazon ...

They will jump in for the first time like me and the cost won't be a consideration for them because it's resonates and they want it. Pretty much anybody (And I'm throwing caution to the wind saying this) pretty much anybody can come up with 10 grand. It's the new 5 grand... Then you're some pocket change away from a TS4 and loads of "fun for the whole family.".
If you ever meet them and talk to them, they'll probably say "what's pinside?". And had JJP shipped my GnR pinball machine the next week after I ordered instead of 11 months later I probably would have never heard of it either. Lucky you.

#4624 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bring it on! Is the guy in leather Gimp from Pulp Fiction?

bane (resized).jpgbane (resized).jpg
#4625 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

I think he wants to take you on your offer?

706F07BE-4D37-4381-BE40-30FDBB8309DD (resized).png706F07BE-4D37-4381-BE40-30FDBB8309DD (resized).png
#4626 1 year ago

Got to play the LE at Woodfield Mall near Chicago and it was not just the busiest game there, but it was the best game there by a good amount and earnings would likely show that over time.

Seemed like the best shooting JJP by a wide margin. Reminded me of a more modern Funhouse with a lot more shots and depth.

I couldn’t be less of a toy story fan but the game seems like a real classic nonetheless.

#4627 1 year ago

Well I think that ship has sailed to the point that they are far worse than Stern....at least Sterns Premiums are $9K (which is high)....are JJP LE's 30%+ better.....no way

#4628 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well I think that ship has sailed to the point that they are far worse than Stern....at least Sterns Premiums are $9K (which is high)....are JJP LE's 30%+ better.....no way

Don’t worry amigo. Stern has seen the price increases and will be ready next release.

Who’s ready for 10k Stern pros? Anyone? Ok. They’ll drop the Pro model and go right to 12k LE’s. Oh that’s right, they’re already there.

Keep buying JJP and Stern ‘CE’s’.

#4629 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

Got to play the LE at Woodfield Mall near Chicago and it was not just the busiest game there, but it was the best game there by a good amount and earnings would likely show that over time.
Seemed like the best shooting JJP by a wide margin. Reminded me of a more modern Funhouse with a lot more shots and depth.
I couldn’t be less of a toy story fan but the game seems like a real classic nonetheless.

I can't tell if you're joking. This location has a ton of really really good games. They have Godzilla for God's sake. Am I understanding you correctly that this game is going to be far better than Godzilla?

EDIT: i just looked at the games you own, and toy story CE is on your list. It makes more sense, now

#4630 1 year ago
A3104ACB-A405-4BBA-84CC-805758DB340A (resized).jpegA3104ACB-A405-4BBA-84CC-805758DB340A (resized).jpeg
#4631 1 year ago

For everyone not caring and disappointed in this game they sure do keep coming back to this thread…. I’d wager a fair number of them will have this in their collection in the future

#4632 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:For everyone not caring and disappointed in this game they sure do keep coming back to this thread…. I’d wager a fair number of them will have this in their collection in the future

The bigger issue is not the game itself...its JJP's pricing structure so yea many will try to get one at a discount

#4633 1 year ago

Outside the absurd price, the biggest issue to me is that iPad screen, it just looks horrible and contrary to why most people play pinball IMO - the mechanical feel in a digital age. I’m also not buying the licensing thing as being insurmountable. Disney licenses their stuff all over the place including on very cheap and low quality products. I’m looking at 50 cent Walmart party favors right now with mickeys face on them. Searching for items sold by Walmart (to filter out knockoffs) gives over 1000 hits, with all kinds of low quality junk from furniture to generic shoes. If Huggies can label their diapers as Toy Story and not TS4 why couldn’t JJP.

#4634 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The bigger issue is not the game itself...its JJP's pricing structure so yea many will try to get one at a discount

I to will wait for the dust to settle. Give it a little time and used ones like EVERY SINGLE NEW RELEASE FROM ALL COMPANIES, will be available before Christmas at a decent price. TS4 looks very fun so I can't wait to play it. Some will not like it which is 100% fine.. But why they keep coming back to this thread bashing it is a mystery to me. Anyway, I just looked at your collection and I must say, you have a wide variety of very nice games.

#4635 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

You would see me posting negatively the TS 4 club thread if I was trying to stop anyone from buying the game but let's be real here, negative comments on Pinside isn't going to block anyone from buying it. It's cool that you are critical of them on certain things, only way they get the message to go back to the WOZ glory days is for people to vote with their wallet.

Watching somebody discuss WOZ “glory days” over any shooter pinball by Lawlor tells me that people’s taste in pinball varies incredibly. I’ve got a WOZ and I’d almost rather just look at it than play it!

#4636 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I can't tell if you're joking. This location has a ton of really really good games. They have Godzilla for God's sake. Am I understanding you correctly that this game is going to be far better than Godzilla?
EDIT: i just looked at the games you own, and toy story CE is on your list. It makes more sense, now

He also owns B/W’s,AP,Spooky,Stern and JJP.

#4637 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Watching somebody discuss WOZ “glory days” over any shooter pinball by Lawlor tells me that people’s taste in pinball varies incredibly. I’ve got a WOZ and I’d almost rather just look at it than play it!

One of the best theme immersions there is and packed with mechs/toys. Game shot good enough for me but the curses and left outlane pop bumper pissed me off eventually and sold it.

#4638 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Outside the absurd price, the biggest issue to me is that iPad screen, it just looks horrible and contrary to why most people play pinball IMO - the mechanical feel in a digital age. I’m also not buying the licensing thing as being insurmountable. Disney licenses their stuff all over the place including on very cheap and low quality products. I’m looking at 50 cent Walmart party favors right now with mickeys face on them. Searching for items sold by Walmart (to filter out knockoffs) gives over 1000 hits, with all kinds of low quality junk from furniture to generic shoes. If Huggies can label their diapers as Toy Story and not TS4 why couldn’t JJP.

Have you played a TS yet? I found the screen was used very well, and it's sitting over the pf, so the ball can still move under and around it. The screen conveys a lot of information and is easier to look at while playing than the backbox. And it didn't dominate my vision at all while I was playing.

#4639 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Have you played a TS yet? I found the screen was used very well, and it's sitting over the pf, so the ball can still move under and around it. The screen conveys a lot of information and is easier to look at while playing than the backbox. And it didn't dominate my vision at all while I was playing.

I have not, but I’d like to try it. Even if it’s fun, I don’t see myself ever embracing an iPad screen on a pinball machine. Also if the game is so complicated it needs an iPad screen to follow it’s probably not for me. I prefer simple rule sets like Monster Bash or MMR. I’d like to own a JJP for something different, but don’t think this will be the one.

#4640 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Godzilla barely got played at all from what I saw. It’s the pro but still. Go play for yourself and decide. There seem to be plenty out there already.

#4641 1 year ago

People keep coming back to this thread cause it is funny. Cake Toppers, Massive Cheap iPad, etc
I am not knocking the game in terms of fun, I am sure it is a lot of fun and I am excited to play the game at a location just like everyone is currently doing. It just is not going in my home =)

#4642 1 year ago

If someone had to guess on the CE, what percent are really speculators and looking at it as an investment/flip? It is funny cause Kaneda (who should not even be brought up but I will) was pumping this game and how awesome it was going to be blah blah blah, and he is out. He was saying it is not going to be a loser, Pat's last game, his good friend said it was amazing....Canceled his deposit.

#4643 1 year ago

I posted this in the Toy Story Are you in or out thread.

We waited several years for Toy Story and we were expecting the equivalent of a first generation Ford Mustang with a high output V8. What we got was a Ford Mustang II that was built on the Ford Pinto platform with a low output 4 cylinder.

Yeah, it's a Mustang, but it's not the iconic Mustang that we all wanted, expected, and are passionate about.

#4644 1 year ago

I'am asking myself, how do i use the ipad while playing with the glass on ?

#4645 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He also owns B/W’s,AP,Spooky,Stern and JJP.

I'm aware. It's my assertion that he's trying to pump it up as he bought the most overpriced model.

To say it's far better than anything else they have there, and all the machines they own are bangers is exageration of the year.

#4646 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Forgot to add, that the flippers felt like your standard slightly mushy, slightly weak JJP flippers.
They felt the same as other JJPs, and they definitely faded over the course of the night.

It's pathetic that a mainstream pinball company in JJP's position (making premium games) can't engineer perky flippers that don't fade. WTF?

In a home environment, it's not a showstopper, however in an arcade, it's a big deal. Nothing more frustrating than playing on location and you can't make shots because of weak flippers.

#4647 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's pathetic that a mainstream pinball company in JJP's position (making premium games) can't engineer perky flippers that don't fade. WTF?
In a home environment, it's not a showstopper, however in an arcade, it's a big deal. Nothing more frustrating that playing on location and you can't make shots because of weak flippers.

I may have heard wrong, but I thought someone mentioned they fixed that issue? Not sure it its true or not?

#4648 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I may have heard wrong, but I thought someone mentioned they fixed that issue? Not sure it its true or not?

Well, DakotaMike doesn't seem to think so (who I was responding to).

#4649 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Woz is a lovely game with a pretty god awful layout. Amazing rules but that layout is pretty boring. Still, the software and toys is what saves that machine, not to mention the "world under glass" feel they pulled off with it.

So I mean, yeah... now that I type that out, toy story could be an okay game if that absolutely knock it out of the park with software. But even with mind blowing software i dont see it being any thing more than a top 50 game, at best (still not a bad thing).

#4650 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm aware. It's my assertion that he's trying to pump it up as he bought the most overpriced model.
To say it's far better than anything else they have there, and all the machines they own are bangers is exageration of the year.

You live 59 minutes from Woodfield. Get off your butt and go see for yourself and quit talking shit. Even if you don’t like it, you’d at least have a qualified opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/93?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.