(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 121.
#4551 1 year ago

Speaking of great movie assets!
One of my all time favorite pins.

15AE09E6-99F8-4A75-9F5E-A5444F9E8B6B (resized).jpeg15AE09E6-99F8-4A75-9F5E-A5444F9E8B6B (resized).jpeg
#4552 1 year ago

Whoever made this was a genius!!!

hw (resized).jpghw (resized).jpg
#4553 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Don’t say that your comments have way to much TRUTH and HONESTLY… this will get you cancelled. What a brave man you are my friend. Your comments wave in the face of the narrative being spewed.
Everyone saying the game is terrible hasn’t played it. Everyone who initially didn’t like it played it and loved it.
What else can you say other than GO PLAY THE GAME.
People want to hate on the game because the price, but when you ask a question like well then why is Jurassic Park 20k, or the hated Munsters 18k you hear crickets. If we’re to hate a game merely because of the price then I’m guessing there isn’t a single fan of Big Bang Bar right? C’mon so you don’t like the price but go play the game and review the game based on the game itself. Simple.

Dr. Frightner?

#4554 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good God man - give it a rest. You’re just flailing your arms like a lunatic now.

He’s not wrong though. I see a lot of lunatic arm flailing hate going on too which is fine with me, who cares but…

The price arguments are coming from the same people selling pins in the “marketplace”for bloated prices.

That’s a fact

#4555 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

It’s just funny when adults flip out when they get criticized if they get suckered into buying a $15k+ pinball machine where the highlight is a pop up Gabby bash toy.

I know I hear you its terrible. A brand new game is cheaper than Munster Premium asking $16,500.00. Godzilla LE 20k - Elvira Premium $15k - Tron LE 20k - some guy asked for 60K a few weeks ago for a Batman SLE. Let’s not forget Beatles ask out of the gate or Elvira 40th people asking 30k. And you’re really complaining about 12k for a brand new game. Don’t you find that slightly hypocritical.

I don’t know just saying. Why is it we as buyers of these games feel its fair game to ask for the sky the moon and the stars but the supplier can’t. Is Black Knight really worth the 20k some people are trying to get for that game right now? Seriously? That same person would ask 20k for their game but then RAIL ON JJP for asking 12k for a game with a top 5 license from Disney.

I again point out to you that NEW GAMES RIGHT NOW ARE CHEAPER THAN USED GAMES! Think about that for a second. Who created this market the sellers or the buyers then resellers????

Easy to point fingers but never look directly in the mirror! Here is the other thing that boggles the mind… KANEDA has been advocated that JJP sell their games for 18 to 25k now he’s complaining about the price. HUH.

Maybe the World right now is just in a place where no one is happy who knows. Play Toy Story it will make you happy. Just give it a try!

#4556 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Game play videos popping up all over.
Game sounds awesome and shots look good.

Half way into watching the first one and I am already noticing things. For instance, fun things to shoot from right to left: 1) Forky standups (mechanical) to start multiball (mechanical). 2) right alley feeds upper right flipper for a shot at ? and that shot is only makeable by upper flipper. 3) kaboom ramp pops up (mechanical toy) to attempt ball jump (mechanical). 4) behind kaboom is a spinner (mechanical) 5) gabby head pops up (mechanical toy) to bash and it becomes a multiball (mechanical) 6) behind gabby head is newton ball (mechanical) to bash. 7) scoop catches ball and awards value before VUK’ing ball back. 8). Ferris wheel ramp to iPad (8 digital games is an electronic toy). 9) spinning disc (mechanical toy) affects ball path and awards value 10) Lumber building (mechanical 3-ball locking toy) to start multiball (mechanical).

So lots of physical stuff going on that is mechanical in nature. Five are toys, four of which are mechanical toys and one is a digital toy. So if you like to play games by shooting everything eventually, you’ll encounter four mechanical toys and you will be shooting at a digital toy maybe 10% of your time in a game. That is not an overwhelming amount of time required of the digital toy.

#4557 1 year ago

I know I hear you its terrible. A brand new game is cheaper than Munster Premium asking $16,500.00. Godzilla LE 20k - Elvira Premium $15k - Tron LE 20k - some guy asked for 60K a few weeks ago for a Batman SLE. Let’s not forget Beatles ask out of the gate or Elvira 40th people asking 30k. And you’re really complaining about 12k for a brand new game. Don’t you find that slightly hypocritical.
I don’t know just saying. Why is it we as buyers of these games feel its fair game to ask for the sky the moon and the stars but the supplier can’t. Is Black Knight really worth the 20k some people are trying to get for that game right now? Seriously? That same person would ask 20k for their game but then RAIL ON JJP for asking 12k for a game with a top 5 license from Disney.
I again point out to you that NEW GAMES RIGHT NOW ARE CHEAPER THAN USED GAMES! Think about that for a second. Who created this market the sellers or the buyers then resellers????
Easy to point fingers but never look directly in the mirror! Here is the other thing that boggles the mind… KANEDA has been advocated that JJP sell their games for 18 to 25k now he’s complaining about the price. HUH.
Maybe the World right now is just in a place where no one is happy who knows. Play Toy Story it will make you happy. Just give it a try!

Your whole argument is based off of crazy asking prices not sold prices. Just because some people are fishing for a sucker does not mean the whole collector community is stupid enough to bite.

#4558 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL no one here plays their games that much, except Derek.

I’m at 1,000 on my DP. And getting there on Mando

#4559 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Your whole argument is based off of crazy asking prices not sold prices. Just because some people are fishing for a sucker does not mean the whole collector community is stupid enough to bite.

FALSE!

Point One: JJP raised the price of Guns N’ Roses LE to $11,000

Point Two: As a follow up Stern Raised the prices of their LE to $11,099

Point Three: Then Stern did the unthinkable they released Elvira 40th and DISTROS asked $30,000 for these games.

Point Four: You say ask not selling price… I don’t disagree with your point because I make that same point myself. Anyone can ask any crazy price doesn’t mean it will sell. But many of these games have sold for these prices, but either way the PERCEPTION which was created by the resellers is that people want to pay up to $38,000 dollars for a Pirates CE, $25,000 for a Tron Le, $30,000 for a Batman SLE, or as I pointed out $16,500 for a Munsters Premium. Look around man there isn’t anyone asking for less than what they paid even for PRO models. Stranger Things PRO have sold for 8 to 9k or more. What is the perception right now coming from the market?

LOOK AT THE BIG AUCTION THAT HAPPENED… we all followed that right??? Don’t tell me that didn’t change the market as well because it did. People DID PAY!

So I think your point about 12k being too much is mute, especially when we’re seeing right now people selling their CE version for up to $20k. Can we at least agree that the FLIP buyers/sellers have creeped into pinball in a big way? Jersey Jack didn’t create this situation and neither did Stern… Stern can ask for 30k for Elvira but if no one pays for it they need to sell it for a lot less. People paid! Remember just a couple years ago certain distros made a sales pitch to never sell higher than MSRP but now almost all of them mark the games up especially on LE versions.

When people STOP buying the prices will go down. People are paying for $7.00 gas right now it’s CRAZY! Everything is CRAZY. I was THIS CLOSE to buying a Lamborghini Aventador for $206,000 they came down from 240 to 216. I was only an inch from saying yes… then covid happened now the same used LAMBO would be about $330k. It’s crazy man. When everyone stops buying things will change. But 12k for a new in box game when Munsters is 16,500 the game isn’t overpriced sorry not by todays market.

#4560 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That really made me lol
So I have to put about 40 hours of gameplay on a machine before I have a right to review it....
Strongly disagree. I can tell if I like a game after just a few plays, because I know what I like

Heh, anyone who reviewed most video games with less than 40 hours on it would be dismissed right off the bat.

Edit: Kinda makes sense now why no one takes the Pinside rankings seriously.

#4561 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Whoever made this was a genius!!![quoted image]

STUPID!

#4562 1 year ago

Bottom line Toy Story brand new in the box is cheaper RIGHT NOW than Munsters Premium apparently.

Your argument is bizarre. How can you compare a random FS ad on Pinside, eBay, etc. for "game <whatever>" with the cost from a brand new machine MSRP?

JJP LE roughly maps into Sterns Premium and JJP CE maps into Sterns LE...the MSRP difference between Stern and JJP is ~3k. That's the only real apples-to-apples comparison for machines currently in production. Sure, flippers have been gobbling up Stern LE's and flipping them for 15k+, however it's wildly dependent on the license/game. The Elwin designed games typically commanding the highest premium for recently produced games.

#4563 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha I can remember being of some forums back in the days for PS3 and Xbox 360. It was very ugly and often very entertaining.
Though it's definitely fun to mess with people I don't agree with; I've come to accept that it's a good thing that all game consoles and all pinball machines aren't made specifically to my tastes. It boggles my mind that people still consider WOZ to be a good playing pinball machine, on the other hand I love my LZ. I literally hate DI and love WPT. I dislike almost all System 11 games, but love some of the Gottlieb games from that era. I hate Family Guy and love Shrek. Dislike Kiss and love Rush. There is no right and wrong, just opinions.
I'll also state that the best video pinball or tablet pinball is less fun than the worst real pinball machine. So once again my mind is boggled hearing people talk about the upper playfield in TS4 being a video pinball without 100% agreement that it's an atrocity!

Yeah, I got back into pinball thanks to virtual pinball. Now that I have a few machines at home I don’t enjoy virtual pinball nearly as much. Just can’t beat the physicality of a real machine.

It’ll be interesting to see if the digital features on the “tablet” in TS4 pulls in the next generation of kids. They might start playing for the tablet, but get into the hobby for the physical feedback like the rest of us. At the very least, this TS4 is an interesting experiment.

#4564 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Your argument is bizarre. How can you compare a random FS ad on Pinside, eBay, etc. for "game <whatever>" with the cost from a brand new machine MSRP?
JJP LE roughly maps into Sterns Premium and JJP CE maps into Sterns LE...the MSRP difference between Stern and JJP is ~3k. That's the only real apples-to-apples comparison for machines currently in production. Sure, flippers have been gobbling up Stern LE's and flipping them for 15k+, however it's wildly dependent on the license/game. The Elwin designed games typically commanding the highest premium for recently produced games.

Spot on.

#4565 1 year ago

When people STOP buying the prices will go down.

That time is NOW. JJP trying to pass off the BOM of an SE as an LE with a lame fourth movie theme for more money is the turning point. I would rather own any AP game or even Ultraman before buying this disappointment

20220618_152935 (resized).jpg20220618_152935 (resized).jpg
#4566 1 year ago
Quoted from Atlantis:

Don't post much here or anywhere to be fair but i think this stern vrs jjp a bit odd.
I only ever owned DI and kinda did not like it and bypassed the next few as I wanted to have Toy Story.
So I wait and wait and seen all these JJP pins loaded to the hilt and as JJP's model is to sell loaded premium tables, I said to myself (happy days there doing toy story next its going to be loaded after years in the making ) and I have been waiting since leaked announcement for Toy Story.
But WTF is thing I was to buy doing in place of what Jack's model is supposed to be.
They bring out one table per 2+ years and this is there best, cake decor in place of real toys a 10inch tablet in place of a proper mech either a Ferris wheel or a crane and dimmed down game play to suit kids.
So this brings me to my first point stern vrs JJP. Stern sell themselves as 4 new cornerstones and maybe 1 kapow per year, OK I can forgive them when they make 1 or 2 bad themed tables per year as I have other options with the other tables they make but Im kinda fecked now if i wanted to add another JJP IL have to wait 2 years again and chances are slim IL like that theme or there might be the same issue.
I know they may bring another game sooner but we don't know that for sure.
And before anyone says play it to me before you try, I cant I have to have the crap flown in before i can play it.
Also stop comparing stern with JJP games stern are miles ahead on every front with most of there games.

Buy a fecking Stern game and quit crying already!

#4567 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

That time is NOW. JJP trying to pass off the BOM of an SE as an LE with a lame fourth movie theme for more money is the turning point. I would rather own any AP game or even Ultraman before buying this disappointment [quoted image]
</quoted image]

Please someone sell him a Houdini so he will shut up already!

#4568 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

That time is NOW. JJP trying to pass off the BOM of an SE as an LE with a lame fourth movie theme for more money is the turning point. I would rather own any AP game or even Ultraman before buying this disappointment [quoted image]

In most markets, I’d be ecstatic if someone told me that 20% of customers in a sample planned to buy my product. Pinball is its own beast, but that poll honestly doesn’t look all that bad, especially considering the likely negative sample bias.

#4569 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Please someone sell him a Houdini so he will shut up already!

Hey, if I complain and compare TS4 to Oktoberfest, will someone buy it for me?

#4570 1 year ago

Dang that Tablet screen is huuuuuuuuuuge, I didn't realize that until looking at the latest YouTube videos. It's a bummer, they could have put it under the playfield and make room for an alien crane mech, that toy alone would have been a game changer for me.

#4571 1 year ago

Part of me wants to be happy for the people that like this game and are OK with the price, but the rest of me is frustrated that they're setting a new standard for price/features in New games going forward.

#4572 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Let's be honest here, it's not the "lack of toys" on this one, it's the Lack of toys FOR THE PRICE" and "Lack of toys FOR A JJP PIN".

I disagree, I strongly feel its all three. The game is Toy story 4. A movie about toys coming to life. Lack of toys is absolutely one of the complaints. This is the one obvious game that should’ve had some interesting toys/mechs.

I also don’t think it’s because of Disney. There has been several Disney games that had some awesome mechs, for example both pirates games from Stern and JJP just to name a couple. Where are the custom interactive mechs for the last 2 JJP releases?

Apparently Stern is the top company that works hard in the engineering department to create some cool mechs for their games. Loved Godzilla mechs, loved JP mechs.

I guess this is the new direction JJP will be going. What a shame

#4573 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I disagree, I strongly feel its all three. The game is Toy story 4. A movie about toys coming to life. Lack of toys is absolutely one of the complaints. This is the one obvious game that should’ve had some interesting toys/mechs.
I also don’t think it’s because of Disney. There has been several Disney games that had some awesome mechs, for example both pirates games from Stern and JJP just to name a couple. Where are the custom interactive mechs for the last 2 JJP releases?
Apparently Stern is the top company that works hard in the engineering department to create some cool mechs for their games. Loved Godzilla mechs, loved JP mechs.

I think if there was some kick ass interactive toy in the upper left instead of the giant iPad this game would be getting less hate. Yeah I'm sure it's a fun table, I mean it's Pat Lawlor there are likely tons of awesome things going on. But for me personally the iPad is a gargantuan miss. When I think of Toy Story I think of Toys not iPads. Mike Teavee's TV in Wonka made sense, I have yet to hear a good reason why the 10" tablet is a good thing, even from those who have played it.

And no I'm not a virtual pinball hater. I play my virtual pin as much as I play my physical tables. Just seems like such a waste of playfield in a game based on a movie about TOYS.

#4574 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm in the minority of loving JP due to it's lack of assets. They made it their own game. Reminds me more of some fun, packed BW era unlicensed games. And I never get tired of hearing an overpaid celeb, or not liking a sound alike.
POTC was a fantastic balance for me. Just enough movie influence, tasteful clips that are atmospheric more than obnoxious, overpaid actors, and Kevin McNally as Gibbs has such perfect line delivery, and is just a nice nod to the series. Magnificent balance!
And didn't Deadpool have the incomparable Nolan North? Dude is a powerhouse in the gaming voice over arena. Fits that theme perfectly! F' pricey stars!

I completely agree on all of this but I actually didn’t care for Pirates at all. I really wanted to like it.

Also, I am dying to try Jurassic Park as many people with whom I usually agree love that game. I don’t care if it doesn’t have assets from film. Problem is, I am probably a 6/10 in terms of skill and I have heard it’s really a hard one.

#4575 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Totally agree....But had it not been for JJP, Stern would have never upped their game. At least we have that to be thankful for.

As for JJP, it's obvious that the "bean counters" call the shots these days. Jack's initial vision of fully loaded, modern technology pins is just that....a vision. The old days of JJP are apparently over. That's sad...

#4576 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

dialed in got hit pretty hard on release. Everyone thought it was a game about a cell phone, mom jeans and how out of touch pat lawlor was. How the tide has turned on that one.

Still sells for under MSRP though

Quoted from wesman:

Dr. Frightner?

Correct

#4577 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Totally agree....But had it not been for JJP, Stern would have never upped their game. At least we have that to be thankful for.
As for JJP, it's obvious that the "bean counters" call the shots these days. Jack's initial vision of fully loaded, modern technology pins is just that....a vision. The old days of JJP are apparently over. That's sad...

It was over 10 years ago with WOZ Indy. $6500 was unheard of then for a new game.

Jack said he wanted WOZ to be the least innovative game they make.

Not sure why people forget the outrage over price increases for the past decade every time it happened to now

I can remember people being pissed an AC/DC premium was going up $200. $6,400 if I recall.

Every single LE increase people bitched and moaned and laughed at those of us that kept buying them.

Demand, flippers and these guys making great games have caused prices to soar for the past decade.

Look at the Pinside Marketplace, it’s not one or two examples, it’s across the board and that right there is why prices are where they are at today.

Stern will 100% raise prices again.

It’s only gonna end when buyers stop buying in BOTH the NIB and used market.

Maybe this time it’s game over?

I think it is. The $15k mass produced pin market isn’t sustainable long term. I don’t care how much is in a game.

The “price bubble” is gonna burst. Grapple with that one

#4578 1 year ago

They could have put a Buzz or Woody ball gobbler in the left corner and made this a modern day Funhouse!

#4579 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It was over 10 years ago with WOZ Indy. $6500 was unheard of then for a new game.
Jack said he wanted WOZ to be the least innovative game they make.
Not sure why people forget the outrage over price increases for the past decade every time it happened to now
I can remember people being pissed an AC/DC premium was going up $200. $6,400 if I recall.
Every single LE increase people bitched and moaned and laughed at those of us that kept buying them.
Demand, flippers and these guys making great games have caused prices to soar for the past decade.
Look at the Pinside Marketplace, it’s not one or two examples, it’s across the board and that right there is why prices are where they are at today.
Stern will 100% raise prices again.
It’s only gonna end when buyers stop buying in BOTH the NIB and used market.
Maybe this time it’s game over?
I think it is. The $15k mass produced pin market isn’t sustainable long term. I don’t care how much is in a game.
The “price bubble” is gonna burst. Grapple with that one

I agree iceman....That's another thing that JJP brought to pinball....higher prices.

My WOZECLE was my 1st NIB pin. At that time, I was really wanting a Scared Stiff, but people were wanting around $7k. At that price, I figured I might as well buy a NIB. I found someone willing to sell their WOZECLE spot for $7.5k. I jumped on it. For what is in TS4, I think manufacturers, (especially JJP) has reached the ceiling. I guess time will tell. My CCrLE is my last NIB purchase. The hobby has gotten crazy.

Thankfully, we still have CGC...They seem to sell the best value these days, by far.

#4580 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree iceman....That's another thing that JJP brought to pinball....higher prices.
My WOZECLE was my 1st NIB pin. At that time, I was really wanting a Scared Stiff, but people were wanting around $7k. At that price, I figured I might as well buy a NIB. I found someone willing to sell their WOZECLE spot for $7.5k. I jumped on it. For what is in TS4, I think manufacturers, (especially JJP) has reached the ceiling. I guess time will tell. My CCrLE is my last NIB purchase. The hobby has gotten crazy.
Thankfully, we still have CGC...They seem to sell the best value these days, by far.

CGC cuts on R&D, coding, designers, marketing, pretty much everything but production and license. It's a very smart business

#4581 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

CGC is by far the best value in pinball....The "NEW" JJP is turning out to be the worst

#4582 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC is by far the best value in pinball....The "NEW" JJP is turning out to be the worst

I agree 100%

#4583 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

CGC cuts on R&D, coding, designers, marketing, pretty much everything but production and license. It's a very smart business

IMO...CGC has a bright future. They have Butch Peel, and, most of all...they have LTG.

#4584 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Yes and No...clearly there was big R&D in the redesign of all the remakes, and they continue to make it better. They also had to revamp all the graphics and are starting to add code to the older games.

#4585 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes and No...clearly there was big R&D in the redesign of all the remakes, and they continue to make it better. They also had to revamp all the graphics and are starting to add code to the older games.

I agree....I don't see CGC cutting back at all on R&D. They're making classics even better.

I'm looking forward to their 1st "original title". I thing it'll be a game changer. The partnership they have w/ Rick @ Planetary has a very bright future.

#4586 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The good old days. Yeah I’ve got Cactus coming and Bond will probably be my last one. Famous last words.

I’ll never forget that feeling of buying a LOTRLE on close out from Automated back then for $5,200, while waiting for WOZ, after getting it set up I thought WTF am I doing spending that much $$$ on a pinball machine.

The insanity, and rationalizing it, is off the charts!

#4587 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

IMO...CGC has a bright future. They have Butch Peel, and, most of all...they have LTG.

Very kind of you. Thank you !

LTG : )

#4588 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree....I don't see CGC cutting back at all on R&D. They're making classics even better.
I'm looking forward to their 1st "original title". I thing it'll be a game changer. The partnership they have w/ Rick @ Planetary has a very bright future.

Yea it might be great...I'm sure they were hoping Lyman would code it....that was a big loss as he was the best

#4589 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Did you play the game in the wild around the LA area?
I live in Ridgecrest, Ca which is about 2-2 1/2 hours to LA area and would be nice to play one in person.
I got my CE in order, but wanna get my hands on one.

Yes, AYCE Gogi in West Hills. Bring your appetite also!

#4590 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea it might be great...I'm sure they were hoping Lyman would code it....that was a big loss as he was the best

I agree....Lyman was the best. I'm praying someone will step up to the plate....but there will never be another Lyman.

#4591 1 year ago

It just sucks, cause this was the most talked about highly sought after machine…and nothing screams Toy Story. Like I said before, might be fun etc, and don’t care about the price, just did not need the Disney license if you were not going to put in a bunch of cool figures and mechanisms…even from Toy Story 4. It is just a carnival with no Ferris wheel, but topper.

#4592 1 year ago

In the end I feel this way too - wiling to pay up as well.

Quoted from wackenhut:

It just sucks, cause this was the most talked about highly sought after machine…and nothing screams Toy Story. Like I said before, might be fun etc, and don’t care about the price, just did not need the Disney license if you were not going to put in a bunch of cool figures and mechanisms…even from Toy Story 4. It is just a carnival with no Ferris wheel, but topper.

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

In the end I feel this way too - wiling to pay up as well. But I’m not paying up for mediocracy

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Still sells for under MSRP though

Correct

Frightening!

Or well, Frightning. I remember the spelling was peculiar.

#4595 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Man, the Stern vs. JJP camps here are worse than the PlayStation vs. Xbox console wars.
Look, no one can really review TS4 (or any pin IMHO) until they get at least 500 games on it.

Man, it really isn't about stern vs jjp fans, I dont think. I've been the biggest ts4 loudmouth and I love jjp. I've owned woz, hobbit, dialed in and now gnr. Love them all. This game, for me, has a terrible theme, boring/tired Lawlor unoriginal tropes, and terrible music. I dont have to play it to know I don't want those things, and that's not even talking about the price.

I love stern. I love jjp. I love pinball. I'm not excited to play this.

#4596 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Whoever made this was a genius!!![quoted image]

Clash of the disappointments.

#4597 1 year ago

Was curious what JJPs TS4 Play field looked like after removing from the BOM:
$26 cake toppers
$16 - 10” LCD
+__________
$42 of the BOM’s probably most expensive parts removed.

JJPs BOM is so low even the bean counters have been breaking out in hysterical laughter.

JJP board room decision makers think: “Boy did we ever pull one over on the FOMO crowd. Super low BOM is just fine, as long as the empty PF is fun to play! Lots of software/video code and tons of LEDs plastered all over the PF works! A new virtual video game era for pinball has begun! Stern made an empty PF with Beatles for nearly half the price. We just proved we could 1 up Stern and get people to buy it for nearly twice. Wait till they see what’s coming next!” LOL!

57F04511-63CE-4558-A218-5DCDFFEBB0E1 (resized).jpeg57F04511-63CE-4558-A218-5DCDFFEBB0E1 (resized).jpeg
C8014C1E-5851-4072-AA7E-30FCC220C912 (resized).jpegC8014C1E-5851-4072-AA7E-30FCC220C912 (resized).jpeg (Posted earlier) BE136887-D979-447B-B2F9-B69968084723 (resized).jpegBE136887-D979-447B-B2F9-B69968084723 (resized).jpeg

#4598 1 year ago

This is Jersey Jack’s Led Zeppelin. No need to keep harping on the price. I would easily pay 15K for a game on the same level as GNR CE. Toy Story 4, who cares. Just give me Toys.

#4599 1 year ago

….and I will happily pay/play this game on location.

#4600 1 year ago

-Cross-posted in the other Toy Story thread too-

So played a bunch of games on TS tonight, and watched a bunch of games being played too. Here are some first impressions:

-The game reminds me heavily of the Toy Story "Midway Mania" ride from Disney World. If you've ever ridden that.

-Game is a smooth and easy shooter for the most part. Lots of makeable shots and it's very possible to do a left ramp to right ramp back-and-forth combo.

-It's a pretty forgiving game, with generally long ball times. That being said, the right outlane was fairly brutal on the TS that I played. Lots of bounce outs from the top of the right inlane.

-Duke Caboom jump-shot is fun, and I found making 2 shots in-a-row fairly easy, but 3 in-a-row hard.

-Music and sounds are mixed for me, some Toy Story stuff, but a lot of just general jingles and jangles, and generic lot-tee-da carnival-esque music. Callouts are good. But the overall soundscape doesn't fully work for me.

-Lot's of clips from TS4, but not a lot of synced audio when the clips played. Remined me of Wonka in that way, but maybe I missed some stuff while watching the ball.

-Code is decent, but missing any kind of real story progression or impactful moments. I didn't feel sucked into the game's world, or pulled into the game on a deeper level. At least not with as far as I progressed in the game tonight. There could be more gold farther into the game.

-Most of the modes are various carnival games, and not movie moments. So they don't feel particularly tied to the Toy Story franchise. Often the game feels like a carnival theme, and not a Toy Story theme.

-Game is very fun, and I didn't feel like anything was missing from a gameplay perspective, but something about the code doesn't fully satisfy.

-Also, I'm not sure about getting to the Wizard Mode being easy. We had some good players playing tonight, and no one made it there. But maybe there's a better path to the Wizard-Mode that we weren't following.

Closing Thought:

Toy Story 4 is very fun to play, and it's nice to have a proper Disney/Pixar theme, but I think TS is at least a couple thousand overpriced. Based on what I saw and played.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 35.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/92?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.