(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 121.
#4501 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

looks like Joe Katz and the rest of the software team have killed it on this release!

The designer, graphic artists and modelers have done a great job. The rules will be the big decider. That is always the weakness with jjp.

#4502 1 year ago

Man, the Stern vs. JJP camps here are worse than the PlayStation vs. Xbox console wars.

Look, no one can really review TS4 (or any pin IMHO) until they get at least 500 games on it. (FWIW, I won’t post a review until I play 1,000+ games.)

SDTM didn’t even call their video a review, they rightfully labeled it a first impressions. Obviously we can all form opinions and hypotheses because we need something to inform a purchase decision. But almost no one outside of JJP has put the time into TS4 to truly claim this is a good or bad pin yet, even subjectively.

Also, value is entirely subjective. Econ 101: there is a demand curve. That curve represents the variety of prices that different people would be willing to pay for a product across the population. Some would be willing to pay a lot more, others a lot less.

#4503 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The designer, graphic artists and modelers have done a great job. The rules will be the big decider. That is always the weakness with jjp.

+1

Actually, I like the rules on GNR, but the scoring is ridiculously out of whack with the risk/reward for many modes. And none of my friends can follow the rules for everything going on in the pin because it is a bit complicated.

Mando taught me the value of a clear rule set. I’m not enamored with the playfield, but it’s so easy to follow my mode progress and explain the objectives to new players. Plus the co-op feature is the reason it’ll have a long life in my gameroom.

Come to think of it, incorporating co-op would’ve been the perfect opportunity for JJP to really brand TS4 as an ideal home pin for the family.

#4504 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Man, the Stern vs. JJP camps here are worse than the PlayStation vs. Xbox console wars.

Is it really the Stern fanboys getting their licks in on an easy target or collectors in general that know it's a subpar offering for a record high price increase compared to what JJP has done in past games?

#4505 1 year ago

I guess only here can you suggest that people play a game before judging it and get called a “JJP account” lol. So here’s the deal, I buy nearly game that comes out, from JJP and Stern, as noted in my collection. I like the products of both companies and for those that know me, my favorites have been for some time now, Wonka and either GZ/JP, one of each brand.

So now we have a bunch of grown adult males (I’m assuming) arguing over a game because of “toys”, I’d say that the majority the people doing the hating have either not played it (because it plays amazing and if you’re into pinball to play and not stare at it, I think it would be hard to argue this), or have some pre-existing reason to hate it. It’s part 4, initially this bugged me too (pre-school theme), but then guess what, Toy Story 1-3 are kids movies too (neither of which had been part of my life since my kids watched them 10 years ago!). Tim Allen’s significant involvement (after he got booted from the new “woke” Lightyear) is enough for me, and he’s the main voice of the game.

The iPad doesn’t get in the way, it covers the top of a busy U-Turn ramp (unlike the static Grogu on Mando), and the Tiki game/multiball is a great mode. The code in this game is the gem, and the Lawlor layout is, a Lawlor layout. Even the little flipper (which in my opinion sucks on TAF, IM, and anywhere else they exist) is actually a good/easy shot (with the layout).

You folks who’ve made you’re mind without playing, if you enjoy playing pinball and like the feel of a TAF, TZ, DI, Wonka, etc, you’re missing out and the more people that play this, will be more evident. If you like Hobbit and WOZ (wow lots of toys) over the games I’ve mentioned above, maybe this isn’t for you (other than it’s pretty easy).

What’s a little annoying is that like most first run JJP’s, it’s required some tuning (which I think I’ve got solved!). Another detractor for good players is that the ball times I think are very long and it’s pretty easy (but so far the code has kept it from getting boring for me). But for most people that makes it fun, especially kids we’re trying to get into the next generation of the hobby so it doesn’t die with the boomers!

My humble opinion

#4506 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is it really the Stern fanboys getting their licks in on an easy target or collectors in general that know it's a subpar offering for a record high price increase compared to what JJP has done in past games?

Both.

#4507 1 year ago

They did the exact same thing with GNR. I Love their videos but its getting rather obvious what’s going on.

Quoted from delt31:

So I had a chance to watch the SDTM video - their first impressions of toy story. For those that haven’t seen it, I’m linking below

I listened to the entire thing and you guys know I’m a straight shooter and I’ve been critical of Zach and the boys shilling in the past - not dancing around that. But I still listen Bc it’s entertainment. This post is longer than expected but it wrote itself.
This video was disgusting. Even for SDTM - this is an entirely new level of shill to the point where it literally was a commercial that ended with a, “Where can I buy this? Well - at FlipNOut pinball! They even said pull the trigger! The kids will take the pin over! Wow. I’m sorry is this impressions or a sale? But we know the answer - obvious hype sell video which is what I really can’t stand. Just say what you’re doing guys. And if Zach wants to feel uncomfortable again and have me on I’ll be happy to juice up the views and I’ll be as respectful as I was before to discuss TS4.
I’ll leave some real nuggets from their own words bc even for my low SDTM standards there are some shill classics here.
“If you like Ballys 90s pins you will like this game.”
This could be the most ridiculous shill statement from this crew ever. Not even going to dive into this. Still shaking my head. They say later that jjp was aiming to be like 90s Bally (implying they were successful in doing so). Really? Not one mech, literally no magic? Shame.
“Is there anything mech wise you didn’t like”? Greg says no - not really.
No - not really? Everyone else who’s not selling the game would respond like this…..Zach - are you joking or are you just that much of a shill Bc there are no custom mechs in the game so what is there not to like? But hey - as Greg says - what makes up for the lack of everything is the fact it’s fun!……. It just costs 12-15k. Buy Buy Buy!
Zach says TS4 reminds him of Elvira house of horrors Bc there aren’t many mechs.
I guess Zach missed that GIGANTIC mech right in the middle of the pf called the custom house. Everyone knows Stern hates making that game Bc there are a ton of custom mechs/sculps on it. Shame. Buy Buy Buy - 15k
Zach says Toy Story 4 has TWO spinners! Wow. Awesome. 12- 15k
Zach says JJP could of saved money by including only 1 or 2 voices but they included 3!
I’m not a pinball manufacturer but I’m assuming they saved a lot of money by not including any custom mechs or toys that require more than 3 hrs of development. That’s just called common sense. And they got clips from toy story 4 - the movie no one wanted and no company would even care to pay for. Awesome
Zach says Joe Katz is a friend.
Yep that checks out. Probably the most honest thing I heard. Cromwell is already #1 but Joe they’ll make you happy too.
Zach says the one mech he loves is the saucer.
Yes - he’s calling out a SAUCER as a mech. New low.
Ok I’m stopping here. Zach tried to throw in “criticism” bc even he knows it can’t be all gushing and guess what - he says there could be one too many pop bumpers! Yep - Bc that’s what everyone is pissed about. What a joke.
There’s about 8 more things like the complete pass on that giant iPad and Zach’s kiss up tribute to Pat for basically taking JJP away from Jack, moving it to Chicago and essentially killing the JJP we all loved after WoZ….but just writing this disgusts me.
I’ve already acknowledged it will shoot well - that’s clear but to ignore all that it’s missing and not bringing that back to the price (just to debate) is so disappointing but also not surprising bc that was just an ad. I appreciate the other dealers who are wise enough not to try and make fake impressions videos to sell their games. It’s shameful.
Stop trying to influence newbies through pinside and just sell machines.

#4508 1 year ago

Played it last night. I thought it was fine and enjoyable. If, it was priced more in line with in the pro-premium of Sterns prices, they would have more buyers. IMHO.

#4509 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Look, no one can really review TS4 (or any pin IMHO) until they get at least 500 games on it

LOL no one here plays their games that much, except Derek.

#4510 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

So now we have a bunch of grown adult males (I’m assuming) arguing over a game because of “toys”...

Now? Is this new?

#4511 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t kid yourself, there is nothing free about their so called “D” grade entertainment. They are in for the money plain and simple. Just call Flipnout and ask them if they’re selling JJP TS4 just for the entertainment. LOL! These are super JJP biased sales informercials, designed to bring in the suckers.

NO one will convince you to buy this game or not buy this game.

IF someone is capable of doing that, that is YOUR problem, not theirs.

Salesmen are still people, and do NOT deserve persecuted for trying to sell.

I've always found Zach, when asking him questions regarding potential sales (I haven't bought from him, yet he still replies every time I do, and PROMPTLY!) courteous, frank, empathetic, and not in any way, shape or form, pushy. Yanno, kinda not a stereotypical salesman at all actually!

It's great to look at the game, call bullshit to the Abess family for keeping their wealth theirs with these absurd prices and cost cutting measures, but just leave it at the game, and the people making those decisions to neuter these expensive toys.

Zach is a nice dude, (didn't create the game or it's price) and obviously a big pinball fan, like us all..!

#4512 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Look, no one can really review TS4 (or any pin IMHO) until they get at least 500 games on it. (FWIW, I won’t post a review until I play 1,000+ games.) .

That really made me lol
So I have to put about 40 hours of gameplay on a machine before I have a right to review it....
Strongly disagree. I can tell if I like a game after just a few plays, because I know what I like

#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That really made me lol
So I have to put about 40 hours of gameplay on a machine before I have a right to review it....
Strongly disagree. I can tell if I like a game after just a few plays, because I know what I like

I think 500 games is a little extreme, but there is something to playing it awhile before reviewing. I bought Twilight Zone based on it being rated so high, never enjoyed (or understood) it in location, glad I did as it’s a favorite. Same with Deadpool LE, bought it because everybody said it was good. Pretty vanilla and was ready to sell before I played it for 2weeks straight and actually learned the rules beyond the surface (that multiplier rebound shot is awesome), and now it’s one of my favs. On the other end is the honeymoon period. When I got Hobbit I thought it was awesome, then it got boring as hell after 30 games.

#4514 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Haha I can remember being of some forums back in the days for PS3 and Xbox 360. It was very ugly and often very entertaining.

Though it's definitely fun to mess with people I don't agree with; I've come to accept that it's a good thing that all game consoles and all pinball machines aren't made specifically to my tastes. It boggles my mind that people still consider WOZ to be a good playing pinball machine, on the other hand I love my LZ. I literally hate DI and love WPT. I dislike almost all System 11 games, but love some of the Gottlieb games from that era. I hate Family Guy and love Shrek. Dislike Kiss and love Rush. There is no right and wrong, just opinions.

I'll also state that the best video pinball or tablet pinball is less fun than the worst real pinball machine. So once again my mind is boggled hearing people talk about the upper playfield in TS4 being a video pinball without 100% agreement that it's an atrocity!

#4515 1 year ago

Zach and Greg, the new My Pillow guys

Quit taking advantage of the poor dumb newbies!

#4516 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I’m taking a wild guess here.I bet I can safely say you have nothing positive to say about JJP games and rave reveiws for Stern games right?
You have been going on for days here and you just keep coming up with negatives.I love how you compare JJP games from the past as being better.You had nothing good to say about them either at the time!You are simply a fanboy.
I have admitted to rooting for Jack from the beginning but I do not go to Stern threads to just talk shit like you do here. Just quit already

#4517 1 year ago

Nothing will change the TS4 theme, so complain about it once to blow off steam and get it out of your system. There is no TS pin option, only TS4 pin. Go to a location with game and change $50 into ones and have fun. That should cover 99% of people. If you like it and want to buy one, only then consider price. The cost of entry into the TS4 world is $12.4k (incl delivery) The price you can expect to sell it when you are finished is roughly $1k-$2k less. If you want to buy and play it at home for a year and then expect to sell it, then your cost has been … $1k-$2k. Even though the price to pay for nib is high, the asset holds its value well. Now maybe you like all the above but don’t want to pay $12.4k. Then you will be the likely buyer of huo game at a lower entry point. You will buy and play it until you decide to keep or sell.

#4518 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL no one here plays their games that much, except Derek.

Maybe he meant to say 50 games?

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m taking a wild guess here.I bet I can safely say you have nothing positive to say about JJP games and rave reveiws for Stern games right?

You should click on his games icon and it will save you from making wild claims that are wrong.

#4520 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Even for SDTM - this is an entirely new level of shill to the point where it literally was a commercial that ended with a, “Where can I buy this?

Agreed...something like “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!”

Quoted from SLRage:

They did the exact same thing with GNR. I Love their videos but it getting rather obvious what’s going on.

I watched their videos and the first few minutes of TS4 'impressions' was all about how they had to be silent for a while about what JJP had prior divulged to them.

Obvious translation = Follow the legal stipulations in the infomercial contract or this won't be fun anymore.

#4521 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You should click on his games icon and it will save you from making wild claims that are wrong.

I’m glad your here to police comments.My post was meant for Thunderbird!

#4522 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Even though the price to pay for nib is high, the asset holds its value well.

That remains to be seen.

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Again as for price explain how Jurassic Park is worth 20k on this site when it doesn’t have a SINGLE asset nothing

Because the game itself is incredibly fun to play. TS4 doesn't appear to be nearly as fun or engaging.

#4524 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5: So now we have a bunch of grown adult males (I’m assuming) arguing over a game because of “toys”, I’d say that the majority the people doing the hating have either not played it (because it plays amazing and if you’re into pinball to play and not stare at it, I think it would be hard to argue this), or have some pre-existing reason to hate it. It’s part 4, initially this bugged me too (pre-school theme), but then guess what, Toy Story 1-3 are kids movies too (neither of which had been part of my life since my kids watched them 10 years ago!). Tim Allen’s significant involvement (after he got booted from the new “woke” Lightyear) is enough for me, and he’s the main voice of the game.
The iPad doesn’t get in the way, it covers the top of a busy U-Turn ramp (unlike the static Grogu on Mando), and the Tiki game/multiball is a great mode. The code in this game is the gem, and the Lawlor layout is, a Lawlor layout. Even the little flipper (which in my opinion sucks on TAF, IM, and anywhere else they exist) is actually a good/easy shot (with the layout).
eneration of the hobby so it doesn’t die with the boomers!
My humble opinion

Let's be honest here, it's not the "lack of toys" on this one, it's the Lack of toys FOR THE PRICE" and "Lack of toys FOR A JJP PIN".

#4525 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So I bet the Disney Company bought 100 Toy Story CE, they're gonna put them everywhere in their parks, hotels, boats

Have you seen a disney arcade this century? It’s not pretty

#4526 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

If Stern, AP, Spooky or any other manufacturer produced this, wouldn't it be even more harshly viewed than it is now?

Paging Led Zeppelin….

#4528 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Without question, this pin IS the most polarizing pin realease I can remember in a while. That simple fact is difficult to ignore. I can't imagine everyone who hates it already will truly hate it, and I'm sure the some early adopters will not be as totally on board as they are now. But with SO much divide, this is clearly not the release JJP was hoping for. Whether or not the pin is good, bad, or whatever will be decided in 6 months not the first 6 days..

dialed in got hit pretty hard on release. Everyone thought it was a game about a cell phone, mom jeans and how out of touch pat lawlor was. How the tide has turned on that one.

#4529 1 year ago

For those of you that have played TS4, are there any satisfying difficult shots? Is there good flow on the ramps? At this time in pinball, designers need to give us something to write home about!

#4530 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

For those of you that have played TS4, are there any satisfying difficult shots? Is there good flow on the ramps? At this time in pinball, designers need to give us something to write home about!

Game play videos popping up all over.
Game sounds awesome and shots look good.

#4531 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

In contrast, here’s an honest TS4 review from a guy that’s one of us, not like those 2 flimflam sales clowns SDTM….

Hardy the self promoter wearing his own Hardy shirt and hat.

What’s his motivation? Sell the controversy and hate to boost his you tube subs. Hasn’t even played the game.

Is it worth the money? Neither is that line of pins behind him sitting in that ridiculous looking gamer chair

Talk about flimflam blow hard sales guy! Lol

#4532 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:Yes I think everyone wish it was Toy Story 1-3. I think people wished for Johnie Depp face in Pirates. Let me go one further… how about Deadpool game gets made based on the popularity of the movie, as does Avengers and Jurassic Park and NONE of those games have a SINGLE asset. True or False?
Toy Story pinball game IS TOY STORY because it has Tim Allen voicing the entire game. The game features you got a friend in me, plus tons of clips from the movie including Buzz and Woody.
Price doesn’t seem high for you get… 1 you’re paying for the Toy Story license lets start there. You’re paying for Tim Allen to voice the call outs. You’re paying for an overall better machine than the other companies, and lastly if you don’t go play it you’re not understanding everything in the game. Just play it.
Again as for price explain how Jurassic Park is worth 20k on this site when it doesn’t have a SINGLE asset nothing. Basically even the most hated Stern games like Munsters is selling for 18k but Toy Story isn’t worth 12? You lost me there.
You want to know about features… ball ramp feature - big screen plays mini games - pop up doll target - 3rd flipper - 4 pops - drop target ball lock - light bar led strip on both sides of the game - magnetic aprons to eliminate ugly cards - Bigger monitor than ANY other manufacturer - exterior cabinet headphone jack - camera that puts you into the game and takes your picture (no other pinball company features these) - captive ball - kickback - prize wheel spinner mech - oh and lets not forget JJP has the best back end matrix system. Oh and MORE LEDS than ANY other pinball ever created other than Guns N Roses.
As for the IPAD it plays mini games clearly they want you to be able to see it. Again this is a different approach to pinball go PLAY IT you’ll love it.

It’s so true. I just recently got Deadpool and Godzilla LE and I paid Toy Story CE plus prices. I love them both but I could certainly whine about a bunch of stuff. Why couldn’t they get the Deadpool movie??? Why no Ryan Reynolds voice over? Those are cheap figurines.

Why is the Godzilla toy green??? Not of the time period at all. Why did they choose those movies? Wish they had went with other movies. Why aren’t there any lengthy movie cut scenes? The Kaiju/power up/ally sign looks so cheap. Thank goodness there is a neon mod for that.

I actually love both games but the point is it’s so easy to whine about a game before playing. I also want to try Jurassic Park because of the good reviews and word of mouth. But does it have the original cast? Did they get Jeff Goldblum for original callouts??? Oh they didn’t? Why not? Why no movie scenes from the original? Why did Stern cheap out? Could they not afford it????

Is it possible that the 12 carnival games on the playfield screen are actually fun and add to the carnival theme?

I’m also a Toy Story fan and Toy Story 4 is 4th place as a movie for sure but it’s still Toy Story and appears to have incredible film assets. Also, animation has improved considerably since the original so isn’t is a positive to have those beautiful cut scenes even if they include characters from the new movie?

#4533 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s his motivation? Sell the controversy and hate to boost his you tube subs. Hasn’t even played the game.

And the other dudes' motivation is to sell games and boost their subs.

Seems that the winning move is to simply not watch youtube... just play it yourself and see what you think.

#4534 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

And the other dudes' motivation is to sell games and boost their subs.
Seems that the winning move is to simply not watch youtube... just play it yourself and see what you think.

I would think that’s what most people do. I decide if I like it based on what i see. Then if I play it enough and it doesn’t click it goes. Doesn’t happen often.

I guess there is a slew of people that need to be told what to do and think.

#4535 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

It’s so true. I just recently got Deadpool and Godzilla LE and I paid Toy Story CE plus prices. I love them both but I could certainly whine about a bunch of stuff. Why couldn’t they get the Deadpool movie??? Why no Ryan Reynolds voice over? Those are cheap figurines.
Why is the Godzilla toy green??? Not of the time period at all. Why did they choose those movies? Wish they had went with other movies. Why aren’t there any lengthy movie cut scenes? The Kaiju/power up/ally sign looks so cheap. Thank goodness there is a neon mod for that.
I actually love both games but the point is it’s so easy to whine about a game before playing. I also want to try Jurassic Park because of the good reviews and word of mouth. But does it have the original cast? Did they get Jeff Goldblum for original callouts??? Oh they didn’t? Why not? Why no movie scenes from the original? Why did Stern cheap out? Could they not afford it????
Is it possible that the 12 carnival games on the playfield screen are actually fun and add to the carnival theme?
I’m also a Toy Story fan and Toy Story 4 is 4th place as a movie for sure but it’s still Toy Story and appears to have incredible film assets. Also, animation has improved considerably since the original so isn’t is a positive to have those beautiful cut scenes even if they include characters from the new movie?

When he's right, he's right. Would you rather have a game involving theoretically all the movies -- and literally none of the assets? Like POTC?

#4536 1 year ago

Dear JJP….Buying Pinball machines are family decisions but you are cutting me off at the knees when I try to talk my wife into a $12K machine. It just kills my argument. Help a guy out. Go back to $10K and stop trying to get blood from a stone.

#4537 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Paging Led Zeppelin….

I think I popped on here around when that was released. Definitely a lot of deserved flack.

I walked up to a Pro, and it was devastatingly barren.

But........that Pro/Premium was still several grand cheaper than this.

This is the double whammy of highest JJP LE, and least equipment of any JJP. If this was WoZ loaded, even at 12K, I think people would stomach TS4.

I'd love to see the underside of this LE, against a GnR SE. That at $6750, nearly half the price, seems a bargain just 1.5 years later....

#4538 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

So far, everyone I know that was initially disappointed in the reveal (me being one), has played it, and loved it

Don’t say that your comments have way to much TRUTH and HONESTLY… this will get you cancelled. What a brave man you are my friend. Your comments wave in the face of the narrative being spewed.

Everyone saying the game is terrible hasn’t played it. Everyone who initially didn’t like it played it and loved it.

What else can you say other than GO PLAY THE GAME.

People want to hate on the game because the price, but when you ask a question like well then why is Jurassic Park 20k, or the hated Munsters 18k you hear crickets. If we’re to hate a game merely because of the price then I’m guessing there isn’t a single fan of Big Bang Bar right? C’mon so you don’t like the price but go play the game and review the game based on the game itself. Simple.

#4539 1 year ago

Don’t say that your comments have way to much TRUTH and HONESTLY… this will get you cancelled. What a brave man you are my friend. Your comments wave in the face of the narrative being spewed.
Everyone saying the game is terrible hasn’t played it. Everyone who initially didn’t like it played it and loved it.
What else can you say other than GO PLAY THE GAME.
People want to hate on the game because the price, but when you ask a question like well then why is Jurassic Park 20k, or the hated Munsters 18k you hear crickets. If we’re to hate a game merely because of the price then I’m guessing there isn’t a single fan of Big Bang Bar right? C’mon so you don’t like the price but go play the game and review the game based on the game itself. Simple.

Like I’ve said, you can complain about price but when Stern LEs are selling for $15k plus it’s gonna fall on deaf ears.

It’s the “market” right now. Like it or not. Start deflating everything else and you’d have a good argument.

For now, it’s “crickets”, can’t have it both ways. Not that tough to understand.

If Toy Story doesn’t sell at these prices then that’s on JJP. We will see

#4540 1 year ago

Forget the theme, the rule set, the accessories, the cost….there is already an issue with the playfield on the machine. Is anyone concerned about the jump ramp? This is a new machine just put on location causing damage.

#4541 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Forget the theme, the rule set, the accessories, the cost….there is already an issue with the playfield on the machine. Is anyone concerned about the jump ramp? This is a new machine just put on location causing damage.

I'm sure they can find a washer big enough to cover it up

#4542 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

On a more important note .....How about them Warriors

Warrior's blew a 3-0 lead.....never forget lol

#4543 1 year ago

Meh

#4544 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Let's be honest here, it's not the "lack of toys" on this one, it's the Lack of toys FOR THE PRICE" and "Lack of toys FOR A JJP PIN".

Do we value our pins on how much we could part them out for and sell them? That would make WOZ and Hobbit really valuable. I personally consider anything with a time element (having fun myself and with others) to be of much greater “value” than the actual cost of the parts.

Would a magnet in that empty space that does nothing other than bend you over without even buying you a drink first (found on Wonka and TAF) make this a better value game? To me, no!

Again, my 2 cents.

#4545 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I’ve said, you can complain about price but when Stern LEs are selling for $15k plus it’s gonna fall on deaf ears.

At least someone or a few of us have some common sense. Someone on this very site RIGHT NOW is offering a Munsters Premium for $16,500.00. Okay lets break that down Munsters which is not really a hot in demand license vs Toy Story a top 5 World wide license. Hmmm… and people complain about the price.

If we went up and down ALL of these threads and looked at everyone and I mean everyone who’s complaining about the price and we looked at their asking prices for games they’ve tried to sell what would we see??? So the very people on this site has created the market where Stern also raised prices from the 9k range for a limited edition to $11,099 and they want to complain.

NEW GAMES such as Toy Story are STILL CHEAPER than the USED games the VERY people on this thread are selling right now. Makes no sense at all to complain about $12,000 when they’re selling a Munsters Premium for $16,500.00

Furthermore look at the ads for this game right now people are asking $17,500 for the CE right now. Who created that number not JJP. Also before the release of Toy Story we saw STERN putting out 199 Elvira 40th and putting their distos up to selling the game for 25 to 30k. ELVIRA STILL DIDN”T COME WITH A TOPPER… Toy Story CE has a topper and its HALF THE PRICE! HELLO… why the double standard

Price of pinball and what people are willing to pay was created by the pinball buyers market about 2 years ago to today. If all of us are hating on prices, why don’t we ALL agree to go on our listings and drop the prices across the board 30%. Who would do that? No one obviously. We all want the max we can get out of anything we sell a car, house, or a pinball. We created the numbers now we complain about a supplier raising the price is so hypocritical.

Bottom line Toy Story brand new in the box is cheaper RIGHT NOW than Munsters Premium apparently.

#4546 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I'm in the minority of loving JP due to it's lack of assets. They made it their own game. Reminds me more of some fun, packed BW era unlicensed games. And I never get tired of hearing an overpaid celeb, or not liking a sound alike.

POTC was a fantastic balance for me. Just enough movie influence, tasteful clips that are atmospheric more than obnoxious, overpaid actors, and Kevin McNally as Gibbs has such perfect line delivery, and is just a nice nod to the series. Magnificent balance!

And didn't Deadpool have the incomparable Nolan North? Dude is a powerhouse in the gaming voice over arena. Fits that theme perfectly! F' pricey stars!

#4547 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yes! The kaboom jump shot through two benson posts through a hoop of amazing LED’s and shaker craziness is really great. Ripping the woody spinner is really satisfying even though it is immediately stopped and dropped. The save Forky combo is incredibly satisfying.

It’s full of easy shots (left ramp, Buzz pop area) but there are some really hard shots as well (road trip lock and believe it or not, the very narrow scoop).

#4548 1 year ago

At least someone or a few of us have some common sense. Someone on this very site RIGHT NOW is offering a Munsters Premium for $16,500.00. Okay lets break that down Munsters which is not really a hot in demand license vs Toy Story a top 5 World wide license. Hmmm… and people complain about the price.
If we went up and down ALL of these threads and looked at everyone and I mean everyone who’s complaining about the price and we looked at their asking prices for games they’ve tried to sell what would we see??? So the very people on this site has created the market where Stern also raised prices from the 9k range for a limited edition to $11,099 and they want to complain.
NEW GAMES such as Toy Story are STILL CHEAPER than the USED games the VERY people on this thread are selling right now. Makes no sense at all to complain about $12,000 when they’re selling a Munsters Premium for $16,500.00
Furthermore look at the ads for this game right now people are asking $17,500 for the CE right now. Who created that number not JJP. Also before the release of Toy Story we saw STERN putting out 199 Elvira 40th and putting their distos up to selling the game for 25 to 30k. ELVIRA STILL DIDN”T COME WITH A TOPPER… Toy Story CE has a topper and its HALF THE PRICE! HELLO… why the double standard
Price of pinball and what people are willing to pay was created by the pinball buyers market about 2 years ago to today. If all of us are hating on prices, why don’t we ALL agree to go on our listings and drop the prices across the board 30%. Who would do that? No one obviously. We all want the max we can get out of anything we sell a car, house, or a pinball. We created the numbers now we complain about a supplier raising the price is so hypocritical.
Bottom line Toy Story brand new in the box is cheaper RIGHT NOW than Munsters Premium apparently.

Good God man - give it a rest. You’re just flailing your arms like a lunatic now.

#4549 1 year ago

Huh LOL?! You forgot to rant about woke, mainstream media and the deep state.

Are you really that insecure in your Toy Story love that you have to resort to whiny right wing language?

No one wants to cancel you. Breathe!!!

It’s just funny when adults flip out when they get criticized if they get suckered into buying a $15k+ pinball machine where the highlight is a pop up Gabby bash toy.

#4550 1 year ago

Don't post much here or anywhere to be fair but i think this stern vrs jjp a bit odd.
I only ever owned DI and kinda did not like it and bypassed the next few as I wanted to have Toy Story.

So I wait and wait and seen all these JJP pins loaded to the hilt and as JJP's model is to sell loaded premium tables, I said to myself (happy days there doing toy story next its going to be loaded after years in the making ) and I have been waiting since leaked announcement for Toy Story.
But WTF is thing I was to buy doing in place of what Jack's model is supposed to be.

They bring out one table per 2+ years and this is there best, cake decor in place of real toys a 10inch tablet in place of a proper mech either a Ferris wheel or a crane and dimmed down game play to suit kids.

So this brings me to my first point stern vrs JJP. Stern sell themselves as 4 new cornerstones and maybe 1 kapow per year, OK I can forgive them when they make 1 or 2 bad themed tables per year as I have other options with the other tables they make but Im kinda fecked now if i wanted to add another JJP IL have to wait 2 years again and chances are slim IL like that theme or there might be the same issue.

I know they may bring another game sooner but we don't know that for sure.

And before anyone says play it to me before you try, I cant I have to have the crap flown in before i can play it.

Also stop comparing stern with JJP games stern are miles ahead on every front with most of there games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/91?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.