(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 121.
#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from JayH:

Recognize this Grogu ? He made it into Stern's Mandolorian:
amazon.com link »

Are you in the right thread?

#4253 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This has been a JJP thing for a while now. PotC, Wonka, GnR and now TS4 all do it. Without checking, I don't remember Dialed in doing it, but I feel like maybe Hobbit did, too? Dunno. But the last four JJP games have had this. It's not a TS4 specific thing.

Definitely correct there!

I guess here, it just adds to the jarring lack of harmony and balance presented in this GUI.

#4254 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

2016 - Dialed In reveal...
Some people think it's JJP's best.

but hey, it is !

#4255 1 year ago
Quoted from JayH:

Recognize this Grogu ? He made it into Stern's Mandolorian:
amazon.com link »

Or the hot wheels and floating eye in Demo man.

Not so funny tho, that demo man floating eye, once plentiful was pulled as a choking hazard, so now they only sell the big floating eyes, ergo, no longer easy to replace :/

Moral of the story, is I should have bought out those cake toppers while they were cheap.. no doubt the Amazon algorithm is doubling the price any time now

#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Are you in the right thread?

I figured it was a continuation of the cake topper blues.

#4257 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This comment is completely ignorant of the recent history of JJP launches that follow the EXACT same pattern:
2016 - Dialed In reveal - massive hate and snarky "a cell phone pinball? Dad jeans on the hero?" comments that turned into, it's...actually okay! Some people think it's JJP's best.
2017 - PotC reveal - grousing and complaining about lack of wheels, non-functional chest, giant area with Depp's face. This feedback and the cancellations BEFORE ANYONE EVEN PLAYED IT (including ME, but I course-corrected a few weeks later and got one) in any numbers caused JJP to cut the run short. Then when people got to play it, it became VERY desirable and is now the most expensive JJP on the secondary market because of the very short run from all the initial cancellations and complaints (plus it's a GREAT game).
2019 - Wonka reveal - "It sounds like a slot machine" - "BRAT Multiball?" - "Where's the innovation?" - "Rehashed Lawlor's greatest hits" (some of these may have been from me) - Annnd, people like-to-love it, and sales have been fine.
2020 - Guns n Roses. "There's too many multiballs" - "I hate the songs" - "Can we replace the music?" - and yet, demand was off the charts. And, if it hasn't passed WoZ in sales, it eventually will due to the massive start.
2022 - Toy Story reveal - we'll see, but so far the pattern is holding with a strong start of complaints and whining about it being Toy Story 4, DESPITE persistent rumors that it WAS NOT going to be TS1, 2, or 3 and WAS, in fact going to be TS4. I'll have one next week to form a firsthand play opinion. Karl DeAngelo's supposed to have his any day now, too. Interested to see what he thinks...

Pinmonk you are right in what you say, but from my perspective as a JJP customer the story is very different.

WOZ was my first ever pin. I was a huge advocate for JJP at the time and their vision to transform pinball. The quality, the vision, the team, the super deep code, the mechs, etc. It was all off the charts. I was not really a Stern fan at the time, their games just didn't seem to compare.

I bought Hobbit and loved it (still do). After Hobbit things changed... DI was a genius design but the theme sucked and turned me right off (I've since played the game a lot and have warmed to it). Then there was POTC which is well documented. I've played the original 3 wheel design and the other one, I don't rate the game at all (again just my opinion).

Then Wonka which was a dream theme for me, an insta-buy. But it fell way short of the potential so I bailed. This release was also important as it felt stripped down compared to what had come before. Then came GNR which I detest, despite the playfield issues it felt like a very boring game. Then the present day with the debacle that is TS4.

What's ironic to me is that Stern on the other hand has transformed themselves in the face of some competition. Some good themes, code is much better, good multimedia/screen, Elwin has developed some classics, they are handling warranty issues, etc. A few years ago you would not have bet money on Stern games having more tech under the hood than JJP, yet here we are.

I'm sure the change in company direction is not by design. JJP started with a vision which has had to adapt to keep them in business. Perhaps their current model of stripped down games with high polish will keep them afloat against the Stern mega-machine, only time will tell. But for me it's a case of all fur coat but no knickers.

#4258 1 year ago

I get the feeling that the distributors are playing games. Saying the CE's are sold out and having a long waiting list. The three I tried also said that to me. But I also got call from two of them already saying they got a spot opening up and if I was quick I was able to get one.

Making good use of fomo but unfortunately for them, for me the value is not there. Prices have risen too much for what the games are worth. I do not doubt the game is fun but I think it will not be as good long term as previous JJP offerings. This raise of price does also not feel like inflation correction but just a raise to see how far people will go. Price for a CE here is over 19000 euro with shipping.

My guess is that the CE's are mostly gobbled up by flippers or collectors/flippers (I know three guys that all three ordered two CE's) and when the dust settles and the fomo wears of, I think they will be quick to cancel their double orders. I even think they are not sold out at all by the distibutors, they just say so to be able to convince people that when they have one we should quickly buy it even at ridiculous prices.

Why can't we just be a bit more patient as a community and stop those flippers from ruining the hobby. Also do not pay over MSRP. If we all stop doing that, prices will drop and games will be available eventually. It is not like you can buy a CE now and get it tomorrow anyway.

#4259 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

A few years ago you would not have bet money on Stern games having more tech under the hood than JJP, yet here we are.

Stern? More tech under the hood? Aside from the better-integrated insider connected, to what do you refer? Magnets? Newton balls? Coil-operated toys? Servos? Elwin has used old pinball chestnuts in new and clever ways, but what is this new tech you speak of? Stern doesn't even have bluetooth support for wireless headphones (or an included wired jack) or a camera. They're hardly the tech leader except for insider connected and their magical flipper heat management tech.

I may decide Toy Story 4 sucks, but we'll see where I end up when it gets here next week and I've had some time on it. I've owned every JJP except Wonka, which I have played enough to know I didn't want, so I have plenty of JJP-specific perspective. I don't really see the need for lamentation and the wearing of sackcloth and ash over what's been seen so far, but it fits with every single JJP launch to date, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

#4260 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Moral of the story, is I should have bought out those cake toppers while they were cheap.. no doubt the Amazon algorithm is doubling the price any time now

Just go to the source. $2-4 a set on Alibaba.

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern? More tech under the hood? Aside from the better-integrated insider connected, to what do you refer? Magnets? Newton balls? Coil-operated toys? Servos? Elwin has used old pinball chestnuts in new and clever ways, but what is this new tech you speak of? Stern doesn't even have bluetooth support for wireless headphones (or an included wired jack) or a camera. They're hardly the tech leader except for insider connected and their magical flipper heat management tech.
I may decide Toy Story 4 sucks, but we'll see where I end up when it gets here next week and I've had some time on it. I've owned every JJP except Wonka, which I have played enough to know I didn't want, so I have plenty of JJP-specific perspective. I don't really see the need for lamentation and the wearing of sackcloth and ash over what's been seen so far, but it fits with every single JJP launch so far, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Sorry tech probably wasn't the right word, maybe innovation was right as you suggested. But yeah, fresh ideas, something that felt exciting. The first time I played AIQ I had no idea where the ball was coming from, it felt great. The TS4 reveal sunk me... a tablet to play a poor version of the real thing, 2 spinners, hit a target during multiball for jackpot (really?!). Theme integration is also terrible. There is nothing about this game that captures the heart and essence of the Toy Story universe, they have been reduced to fluff.

My point is that I was a staunch JJP fan and they have totally lost me. I was ready to 100% buy Wonka and TS but alas... Good for them if they are selling games though.

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Sorry tech probably wasn't the right word, maybe innovation was right as you suggested. But yeah, fresh ideas, something that felt exciting. The first time I played AIQ I had no idea where the ball was coming from, it felt great. The TS4 reveal sunk me... a tablet to play a poor version of the real thing, 2 spinners, hit a target during multiball for jackpot (really?!). Theme integration is also terrible. There is nothing about this game that captures the heart and essence of the Toy Story universe, they have been reduced to fluff.
My point is that I was a staunch JJP fan and they have totally lost me. I was ready to 100% buy Wonka and TS but alas... Good for them if they are selling games though.

It's not the end of the world. They lost me on Wonka (another Lawlor), but just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in with GnR, which I really like a LOT. In the end, it's only pinball, and there will be another one shortly.

when I thought i was out they pull me back in.gifwhen I thought i was out they pull me back in.gif
#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

On a more important note .....How about them Warriors

Great game. Curry is superhuman and the best shooter of all time and Wiggins seems to be the new splash brother. He's picking it up as Klay works to gets his consistency of rhythm and shot back. Next year could be a repeat if things could continue on this trajectory.
Really great and long comeback from earning the worst in the league after their 3rd 2018 (?) Ring.

#4264 1 year ago

I really think this game will push a lot of home collectors to the locations and barcades. I feel like this game is going to crush it on location. And the high traffic places can most certainly pay $12k for an LE and still get a decent return on investment. For sure, there will still be the home customer. But, more will choose the option to play on route with the current price tag.

This game doesn't have to have a ton of mechs and creativity to earn well. And a kid or barcade patron doesn't care it says "4" after Toy Story. The theme, glow of the machine, and energy will make it print some money.

I chose the option to cancel my CE order. But, I absolutely cannot wait to play it at Tilt Pinball Bar. And maybe someday I will pick one up. Just doesn't have to be RIGHT NOW! Just awesome to have a new pinball release no matter what.

Cheers everyone. And happy Friday.

Brian

#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I feel like this game is going to crush it on location. And the high traffic places can most certainly pay $12k for an LE and still get a decent return on investment.

Hope the operators have the same enthusiasm you do. Having to pay 5k more compared to a Stern pro is a lot.

#4266 1 year ago

I also tip my hat to JJP for not releasing some bullshit LE+ that includes the topper just days after selling out of the CE...... Or magically finding a couple extra hundred CE's that they forgot about somewhere hidden in the corner they could sell!!

#4267 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Hope the operators have the same enthusiasm you do. Having to pay 5k more compared to a Stern pro is a lot.

All depends on how heavy the cash box is and how long that lasts...

#4268 1 year ago

I think it’s clear that many are disappointed, including myself. What’s really interesting is the flip market. It’s going to be hilarious watching these fools go lower and lower as the market continues to realize what’s going on here.

Take ThirdFlipper - guy lists his flip attempt lower and lower each day. Started 25, now 16.5. Prob 15 tomorrow so he’s not stuck actually losing money as this market will flood. What was telling yesterday too was GAP selling their CE at cost. Look at their ads/sales history and they’re hardly the boyscout in the group when it comes to pricing.

Remember - TS4 sold through to distributors and flippers but what about to actual customers? Time will tell but when the flip market is this soft, prepare for some nice pricing during the next year as customers, who truly bought this game to play, get bored as well. I’ll predict LE 9500 within 6-12 months.

No corners cut on that CE @15k! The best are guys continuing to convince themselves this game is worth that much when in their gut, they know better. Only in pinball does someone hold on to a 15k+ expense like it is a badge of honor. It’s delusional. Credit to MaxIsDead for breaking that trend and using his brain and speaking with his wallet.

We deserve better

#4269 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

... Also at some point a bonus is hit, and dozens of very, very small scores echo off the top of the main score. It looks bizarre, size wise compared to the main score, and again, super tiny.

Quoted from PinMonk:

This has been a JJP thing for a while now. PotC, Wonka, GnR and now TS4 all do it. Without checking, I don't remember Dialed in doing it, but I feel like maybe Hobbit did, too? Dunno. But the last four JJP games have had this. It's not a TS4 specific thing.

This additional points scoring display feature can be turned off in the settings.

#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I really think this game will push a lot of home collectors to the locations and barcades. I feel like this game is going to crush it on location. And the high traffic places can most certainly pay $12k for an LE and still get a decent return on investment. For sure, there will still be the home customer. But, more will choose the option to play on route with the current price tag.
This game doesn't have to have a ton of mechs and creativity to earn well. And a kid or barcade patron doesn't care it says "4" after Toy Story. The theme, glow of the machine, and energy will make it print some money.
I chose the option to cancel my CE order. But, I absolutely cannot wait to play it at Tilt Pinball Bar. And maybe someday I will pick one up. Just doesn't have to be RIGHT NOW! Just awesome to have a new pinball release no matter what.
Cheers everyone. And happy Friday.
Brian

With respect, I think you're wrong and totally out of touch with what the majority of kids/teens want. They would rather play a claw machine than a pinball machine.

#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

With respect, I think you're wrong and totally out of touch with what the majority of kids/teens want. They would rather play a claw machine than a pinball machine.

I agree with the kids. I was going more with locations that serve alcohol but also allow kids during the day. But, the barcades are all about nostalgia for adults. Casual players put money in these machines strictly because of a theme that they connect with. I see it every day. Star Wars by Stern kills it. Iron Man kills it. Most of the people don't know what a packed playfield even is. And as long as the flippers flip on the game and there is some theme integration... They are happy to put in another dollar...

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

This is true. I have two kids, 10 and 13, and they can play pinball here all they want but never do, but when they see a claw machine they really want to get the "prize" from one of them.

Also all my pinball friends with kids that own pinball machines say the same. Wife and kids mostly not interested.

#4273 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Come buy it in Australia where under our consumer law, you should get 2 year warranty.

You are talking crap, Commercial Coin Operated Products are not Covered Under Consumer Law. And last discussion with High up ACCC reps, if that was to change the price of the machines would increase or they would only be sold to ABN Holders at a cheaper price.

#4274 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I personally know two people who had access to CE spots and backed out. I'm guessing if you're in tight with a distributor they will let you put the deposit to another game possibly. Not saying CE's won't eventually sell out just maybe not all above MSRP or even at MSRP.

Add me to that. This is the game I’ve been most excited about for a couple of years, on the CE list forever, and I canceled the one in my cart as well as the subsequent confirmed CE from my distributor. Apparently I was the 7th CE placeholder to cancel with this distro. Why did I bail? It isn’t the Toy Story universe I was hoping for, there are a surprising lack of toys in this game, and it is the most expensive JJP, with the least in it imo, to this point. Is the CE as packed as a $12,500 Lebowski, or a $9300 GZPre, or a $9200 CCrLe etc? Not for me, and I wish more people would do the same and pass, to help slow down the insane pricing for games with so little in them. Having said this, I’m sure it will be fun to play, just not to this price for me.

#4275 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I agree with the kids. I was going more with locations that serve alcohol but also allow kids during the day. But, the barcades are all about nostalgia for adults. Casual players put money in these machines strictly because of a theme that they connect with. I see it every day. Star Wars by Stern kills it. Iron Man kills it. Most of the people don't know what a packed playfield even is. And as long as the flippers flip on the game and there is some theme integration... They are happy to put in another dollar...

And this will earn back 12k + profit? Sorry but no.

#4276 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

This is so true. I have two pins and a homemade claw machine. When the neighbor kids come over, they only want to play the claw. They don't care about the pins at all.

#4277 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

This is so true. I have two pins and a homemade claw machine. When the neighbor kids come over, they only want to play the claw. They don't care about the pins at all.

OK, shame on you, now that gave me the idea of doing the same, next to the DIY Arcade.

#4278 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

And this will earn back 12k + profit? Sorry but no.

You are wrong.

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

You are wrong.

Maybe I am, I would be happy to be wrong. But have you been reading replies from operators on this pin? Those opinions plus my own kids and experience in arcades say otherwise, not discounting issues like rising cost of living/energy adding pressure.

Please keep believing that operators can afford to spunk $12k on a childish pinball machine that kids don't want to play. JJP have obviously have this as a cornerstone to their sales strategy.

#4280 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I stand corrected this sounds JUST LIKE Wonka and TS4. /s

JJP is not gonna fuck you bro, quit simpin. Thanks for the cool 80's casino sounds though. Great point.

Quoted from PinMonk:

This comment is completely ignorant of the recent history of JJP launches that follow the EXACT same pattern:
2016 - Dialed In reveal - massive hate and snarky "a cell phone pinball? Dad jeans on the hero?" comments that turned into, it's...actually okay! Some people think it's JJP's best.
2017 - PotC reveal - grousing and complaining about lack of wheels, non-functional chest, giant area with Depp's face. This feedback and the cancellations BEFORE ANYONE EVEN PLAYED IT (including ME, but I course-corrected a few weeks later and got one) in any numbers caused JJP to cut the run short. Then when people got to play it, it became VERY desirable and is now the most expensive JJP on the secondary market because of the very short run from all the initial cancellations and complaints (plus it's a GREAT game).
2019 - Wonka reveal - "It sounds like a slot machine" - "BRAT Multiball?" - "Where's the innovation?" - "Rehashed Lawlor's greatest hits" (some of these may have been from me) - Annnd, people like-to-love it, and sales have been fine.
2020 - Guns n Roses. "There's too many multiballs" - "I hate the songs" - "Can we replace the music?" - and yet, demand was off the charts. And, if it hasn't passed WoZ in sales, it eventually will due to the massive start.
2022 - Toy Story reveal - we'll see, but so far the pattern is holding with a strong start of complaints and whining about it being Toy Story 4, DESPITE persistent rumors that it WAS NOT going to be TS1, 2, or 3 and WAS, in fact going to be TS4. I'll have one next week to form a firsthand play opinion. Karl DeAngelo's supposed to have his any day now, too. Interested to see what he thinks...

To be fair GNR was almost universally praised when it first released. It wasn't until later people started griping about too many multiballs and it being a box of lights. To be more fair, this might go even further to prove your point.

Theres obviously plenty of people who think toy story 4 is a stinker right off the bat without playing it, and thats not surprising to me. I think the majority of people are like me though. I have no doubt the game will be fun and good. Its just the theme and price that are 2 major misses. The toys in the game leave a bit to be desired as well, particularly the tablet is stupid.

Also of course the CE's have (likely) sold out. Not necessarily because the game is popular but because theres still no shortage of people who think they can flip it for money, or they buy everything regardless hoping the value goes up. I don't think the CE's "selling out" is really an indicator of a whole lot. Lets not forget that LoV sold out pretty quick too. This could easily become the game where that trend finally gets bucked, but we'll see

#4281 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

JJP is not gonna fuck you bro, quit simpin. Thanks for the cool 80's casino sounds though. Great point.

Facts are facts. It doesn't sound like a slot machine. Saying an untrue thing over and over doesn't make it so.

If you don't think I can be critical of JJP, you're wrong. They just haven't disappointed me yet (aside from playfield issues which is technically their vendor)
I just really like the way they make and structure games, especially from the code/rules standpoint.
They are the ones that have resonated most with me so far.

fuck-me-right (resized).jpgfuck-me-right (resized).jpg
#4282 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Yeah, all the pinballs that I know and play in Dallas on location are in BARcades. Emphasis on Bar. As in alcohol. Where they make their money. With games set on free play.

Rush and GnR work really well in that setting but Wonka usually just sits there collecting dust because the alcohol drinking BARcade customers aren’t really into kids themes. And while they are open for < 21 during the day, it’s dead. The market for parents with kids driving to barcades during the day doesn’t exist.

#4283 1 year ago

*grabs popcorn while grown men purchasing $10k+ toys debate how childish TS4 is*

#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Facts are facts. It doesn't sound like a slot machine. Saying an untrue thing over and over doesn't make it so.
If you don't think I can be critical of JJP, you're wrong. They just haven't disappointed me yet (aside from playfield issues which is technically their vendor)
I just really like the way they make and structure games, especially from the code/rules standpoint.
They are the ones that have resonated most with me so far.[quoted image]

It does though. They are all ringey dingey and tadaaaahhh You apparently haven't played any slots lately. Giving an example of how slot machines sounded like in 1994 does not prove your point.

#4285 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

The market for parents with kids driving to barcades during the day doesn’t exist.

That maybe your neck of the woods - but that’s why they call it anecdotal evidence.

Breweries do exactly what you say doesn’t happen / because in many areas breweries can’t have late hours

#4286 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That maybe your neck of the woods - but that’s why they call it anecdotal evidence.
Breweries do exactly what you say doesn’t happen / because in many areas breweries can’t have late hours

Yeah, I’m sure that it’s a hit in breweries where 10 year olds hang during the day enjoying a sampler of craft beers.

#4287 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You apparently haven't played any slots lately.

True and a fair point. I consider slots to be ATMs in reverse.

#4288 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Stop simping

#4289 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Yeah, I’m sure that it’s a hit in breweries where 10 year olds hang during the day enjoying a sampler of craft beers.

There are some breweries that have learned to cater to “families” and have a restaurant/food and schedule entertainment/events/ and games….not all breweries are just a tour and a drink.

So yes when they have family themed events/activities scheduled they can be a place for a family to go.

#4290 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

*grabs popcorn while grown men purchasing $10k+ toys debate how childish TS4 is*

What do you have against talking potato's?

#4291 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So if I get a faulty television I should blame the parts vendor of the defective part, and not LG? lol It's still their product and they are responsible. I have had horrible CS from JJP in the past. However, I will say I sent and received an email same day this week about my POTC not starting up. Problem resolved. So let's hope this is getting turned around with them.

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I consider slots to be ATMs in reverse.

Should be a banner over every casino

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It does though. They are all ringey dingey and tadaaaahhh You apparently haven't played any slots lately. Giving an example of how slot machines sounded like in 1994 does not prove your point.

The slot actually has better sound fx and way better use of actual assets. I'd buy the slot but still pass on the pin. And Wonka was my dream theme.

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

However, I will say I sent and received an email same day this week about my POTC not starting up. Problem resolved. So let's hope this is getting turned around with them.

Did you have to jump start the PC? If it starts randomly rebooting look at swapping the PC power supply.

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

So if I get a faulty television I should blame the parts vendor of the defective part, and not LG? lol It's still their product and they are responsible. I have had horrible CS from JJP in the past. However, I will say I sent and received an email same day this week about my POTC not starting up. Problem resolved. So let's hope this is getting turned around with them.

JJP is 100% responsible for every part that goes into their machines.

#4296 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

What do you have against talking potato's?

*adds a side of fries with the popcorn*

#4297 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

The slot actually has better sound fx and way better use of actual assets. I'd buy the slot but still pass on the pin. And Wonka was my dream theme.

I watched the Jack Danger stream, and the sound fx reminded me of being at an arcade full of redemption games. Nothing sounded cohesive.. just dings and bings blending with carnival music. just my opinion.

#4298 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I watched the Jack Danger stream, and the sound fx reminded me of being at an arcade full of redemption games. Nothing sounded cohesive.. just dings and bings blending with carnival music. just my opinion.

I think you’ll find over time the team will reel it in and it will improve greatly

#4299 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I was at a brewery on a Saturday, middle of the day. Probably 50 adults, they have about 25 pins. I played for an hour and a half and I think I saw maybe 2 or three others play a game or 2, Taxi and T2 and DE SW. GZ, EHOH, Mando, all sat unplayed. The shuffle bowler was played more than the pins! I was a bit surprised.

#4300 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Put down the shovel dude... it's a scene clearly you don't understand.

In most locales Breweries operate under different ABC laws than bars - hence they tend to have very different 'product' that they put forth. Breweries and wineries often cater to open, casual environments. Picnics, dogs, kids, parties, etc. Couples bring their kids and the kids play while the adults adult. In this area, they are one of the most popular places for adults to go and know they can bring their kids too. Most are busiest on Weekends during the DAY - not your typical after dinner bar hours.

See this pac-man and driving game in the background? That's just the start of a whole line of vids and other kiddie focused games in this brewery.
281380267_2188233581345871_259396942343026717_n (resized).jpeg281380267_2188233581345871_259396942343026717_n (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/86?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.