(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 121.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Agreed, let's discuss it...It's important for people to know that playfields are now turning out good...I hope they announce Toy Story this weekend...Fingers crossed...Long time coming!!!

Little early to be making claims like that. Let them produce a whole title without any PF issues and then maybe (just maybe) we can say that those issues are handled.

What I'm really hoping they don't do with this title is apply some kind of "sub-brand" to it, like "Lightyear." If this pin is a co-launch with that movie I'll be pissed.

#352 2 years ago

Does a positive last 10 months on the same title that started out with issues count for anything? TS isn't gunna be a GnR repeat.

#353 2 years ago

I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of this title. If it is indeed JJP's next game, I'll have a decision to make between it and a P3.

#354 2 years ago

I currently own a WoZ that is in pristine condition and am thinking about selling it for a TS. I get that it won't be an even trade, but I could see the TS theme being a lot of fun. For me those movies were at a perfect time when my kids were growing up. Very funny and well written. Hopefully translates into a pin well. In the back of my head, I am still hoping that JJP can get the HP title.....and I know, unlikely, but I still can hope right?

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of this title. If it is indeed JJP's next game, I'll have a decision to make between it and a P3.

Have you played a P3 before? I really like what they're offering and hope they continue to knock it out of the park with their new modules.

I've only played a P3 one time at Expo and in my opinion the flippers felt off and the flipper button module extending out of the game just felt wrong.

That being said, since then they've released updated flippers, so I'm hoping the fixes my main concern with the game.

I do think the P3 is one of those try before you buy scenarios though as it is very different than what other people are offering.

I really like the premise and hope this new game will sell units like crazy for them.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Have you played a P3 before? I really like what they're offering and hope they continue to knock it out of the park with their new modules.
I've only played a P3 one time at Expo and in my opinion the flippers felt off and the flipper button module extending out of the game just felt wrong.
That being said, since then they've released updated flippers, so I'm hoping the fixes my main concern with the game.
I do think the P3 is one of those try before you buy scenarios though as it is very different than what other people are offering.
I really like the premise and hope this new game will sell units like crazy for them.

There's a P3 on order at one of the local spots. Once it arrives, I'm going to make a trip and give it a shot before committing. I'm worried about the feel and play experience which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet...Whereas I've owned WoZ in the past and loved it. I know JJP is having some playfield issues, but I'm not going to get too deep into that and will wait until TPF to see what happens.

#357 2 years ago

What time is JJP's announcement slot at the Texas Pinball Festival?

#358 2 years ago

8 pm to 9 pm

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

8 pm to 9 pm

Today?

#360 2 years ago

Yes

#361 2 years ago

No wonder I couldnt sleep last night, too much anxiety/anticipation for today! My NIB pinball spidy senses work!

#362 2 years ago

Are there any live streams for the TPF stuff going on?

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No wonder I couldnt sleep last night, too much anxiety/anticipation for today! My NIB pinball spidy senses work!

Don’t count on a announcement of a new game just yet

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I hope they announce it when its ready to ship

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

party pooper

#366 2 years ago

Haha!

#367 2 years ago

Will someone please inquire to Jack or Pat about WOZ 2.0 boards coming.
Thanks

#368 2 years ago

Looking forward to any announcements from JJP tonight at TPF. Anyone know if the seminar will be live streamed?

Screenshot 2022-03-25 181946 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-03-25 181946 (resized).jpg

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking forward to any announcements from JJP tonight at TPF. Anyone know if the seminar will be live streamed?
[quoted image]

Nice. Thank you!

#371 2 years ago

Isn’t Jack and crew staying at hotel?Two words Covert Operation!

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:Don’t count on a announcement of a new game just yet

Great now I wont be able to sleep for who knows how long

#373 2 years ago

Missed it. Did they announce?

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Missed it. Did they announce?

Nope

#375 2 years ago

Anything relevant come from seminar?
I'm assuming a whole lot of patting ourselves on the back.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Lot of stern bashing and saying the handcuffs are off. Oh and when someone asked steve what his favorite games of all time are he mentioned like 7 games but not one JJP….

As a steve ritchie fan(was just playing my BKsor LE) i am very excited to see what he can do with the extra BOM.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Not really. It was, all things considered, a pretty boring panel.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Thanks. Expo last October was pretty boring too.
Nothing of substance came from that one either.

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Said JJP 7 definitely out by July and August with hope of JJP 8 before end of year

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Oh and when someone asked steve what his favorite games of all time are he mentioned like 7 games but not one JJP….

He was listing each of his favorite games *from other designers*

TAF - Lawlor
WH20 - Nordman
Mata Hari - Patla
Pinbot - Oursler

Not exactly modern era games.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Jack did say their next game would be revealed by August of this year...

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Said JJP 7 definitely out by July and August with hope of JJP 8 before end of year

I guess that's one thing...But that's just in line with the expected "2 games per year". And having a Q1/Q2 release for game 1 and Q3/Q4 release for game 2 isn't really "exciting" to me, ha.

#382 2 years ago

So just more GNR then I guess

#383 2 years ago

Can’t wait for MGC!!

#384 2 years ago

I loved the moment when someone asked Steve if his game was going to be fast and Steve sarcastically replied about the playfield being like a mud bog and shooting across slimy stuff. Jack had just taken a big mouthful of water and literally did a spit take. Funny as hell. See the 36:37 mark for this, it's hilarious!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1436803899

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

He was listing each of his favorite games *from other designers*
TAF - Lawlor
WH20 - Nordman
Mata Hari - Patla
Pinbot - Oursler
Not exactly modern era games.

He was asked about his own and then mentioned others. Just saying at a JjP presser im sure Jack wouldve appreciated 1 jjp game mentioned.

#386 2 years ago

I think Steve did try to mention a few times that he was happy to be at JJP. I don't think he sounds like the type of guy that thinks how he is going to promote JJP with every answer. Also, I think he was having a hard time hearing so that probably threw him off a little.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I think Steve did try to mention a few times that he was happy to be at JJP. I don't think he sounds like the type of guy that thinks how he is going to promote JJP with every answer. Also, I think he was having a hard time hearing so that probably threw him off a little.

Thats true. You never know if he hears the entire question right. But I do like his honesty. I just noticed he didnt mention any of those games. Steve is fun to listen to.

I thought Jack did a decent job answering Kanedas playfield question as well.

#388 2 years ago

Steve is very hard of hearing especially his right ear.
I think Jack will show Toy Story at the MGC and they will immediately start taking orders.And I agree Jack did pretty well answering Kaneda and Chris was respectful

#389 2 years ago

So… I have not watched the stream yet. Waiting for my kids to go to sleep.

There is no Game reveal today?

#390 2 years ago

You know, I mean no disrespect, but Jack is kind of a cocky A-hole. Throwing jabs at stern for handcuffs on designers and code out of the box, yet their shit don’t shine, games have cluster of quality issues and all sorts of shoddy code with GNR. At least sterns get continuous code support.

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You know, I mean no disrepair, but Jack is kind of a cocky A-hole. Throwing jabs at stern for handcuffs on designers and code out of the box, yet their shit don’t shine, games have cluster of quality issues and all sorts of shoddy code with GNR. At least sterns get continuous code support.

Stern fixed their playfield issues too, didn't just cover them up with washers as a permanent fix.

#392 2 years ago

What thread is this?

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What thread is this?

Still no Toy Story confirmation from JJP, back on track.

#394 2 years ago

Any talk of more Potc or Wonkas?

#395 2 years ago

Damn… so the intent of this Q&A was to publicly introduce Steve Richie to JJP??

Was hoping today was a game reveal. This show is not done, but my hope is fading.

#396 2 years ago

How does this company stay in business? They must bleed money.

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

How does this company stay in business? They must bleed money.

Little old lady investors.

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

This is consistent with JJP previously stating late summer as timing for the GnR run to complete

Quoted from Concretehardt:

So just more GNR then I guess

From the serials shipping now it appears there are less than 1500 of their 5000 run left to complete. They appear to be right on schedule for a late summer official end of GnR production.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Any talk of more Potc or Wonkas?

Just finished another run of Wonka - if you want an LE they are out there NIB.

#400 2 years ago

No more potc and no more wonka re-run this year like I already said I think some distro s have the last run wonka in stock .And we are a few months out for the new game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.