(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 121.
#3851 1 year ago

Obviously wayyy early but does the collecting characters objective imply this will be a shallow rule set ? Almost like monster bash ?

#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

it feels like the Toy Story Midway Mania ride that's at Hollywood Studios and California Adventure

100%

#3853 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Stern has developed and optimized its pinball platform to be simple and modular, JJP is still using a pc. The reason JJP games look busy has nothing to do with quality or good design, in fact it’s the opposite. TS4 has cool lighting and little else from a pinball standpoint.

Look at us! We're doing it! I give an opinion, you give a different opinion. We're debating!

Paul_Rudd_Look_At_Us_sml.gifPaul_Rudd_Look_At_Us_sml.gif
#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wasn't the GNR SE $8000?
$12,000 + shipping price of admission is a lot of money - too much for the majority of people.

Pretty sure that briefly lived SE, was $6750. It was stripped down a good bit, whereas the $7500 Wonka's were really, really solid/mostly intact!

#3855 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No just comparing the curb stomping Don’t be bringing in the racial component!

Yeah because a guy getting pulled from his vehicle and literally beaten with a cinder block is an excellent metaphor for a bunch of old privileged dudes with money complaining about a $15K toy.

#3856 1 year ago

So.. let's say you're not an early adopter. Im not, the theme IS a letdown (TS4 vs TS 1-3), but the game still looks fun. Where will the resale for the LE end up? Msrp? 12k? Less? Is this the pinball community saying too much? There was no way JJP could have sold this for $11k to match Wonka or GnR, or should they have?

#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The manual is already online to confirm for yourself
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/Toy_Story_4_Manual_1_0_May_2022.pdf
Spoiler - no magnets

Welp.....we need to focus on the good here.

The bad, (getting this out of the way) the most expensive JJP game yet.

The good, probably the LIGHTEST JJP ever!!!!!!

#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

So.. let's say you're not an early adopter. Im not, the theme IS a letdown (TS4 vs TS 1-3), but the game still looks fun. Where will the resale for the LE end up? Msrp? 12k? Less? Is this the pinball community saying too much? There was no way JJP good sell this for $11k to match Wonka or GnR, or should they have?

Less until/if it sells out. Then maybe msrp as I think the CE does not have much room to run up at 1k size

#3859 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Are you saying it is i that have a fear of missing out? I can place an order right now for this pile of shit, and definitley am passing. No fear here.
Edit: I don't... I don't think that's what you were saying, but the internet is hard for me sometimes.

Agreeing with you that the early sales volume doesn’t necessarily mean people like the game

#3860 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't hate JJP. I hate a price tag of $12-15k for a somewhat generic game.

Are we at the "Remember when you could get a pin for under $10k?" days?!
I woke up today feeling like I totally got a deal on my NIB GnRLE at $9500

#3861 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It’s hard for me to bite on a new Lawlor at these prices since I have my fav Lawlor games already and they were a fraction of today’s prices. Addams $2400, Gofers $2200, Road Show $1800, Family Guy (free, sort of lol)

#3862 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The kicker is, aside from the larger backbox monitor and "complimentary" hot rails, this machine doesn't have much going for it beyond a typical Stern premium. In fact, you could argue that Godzilla Prem has more features than TS4.

So if JJP can sell a boatload of Stern-level TS4's at $12K a pop, why wouldn't Stern start selling their premium pins at the same price point?

Speaking from the marketing perspective rather than as a consumer, the question isn't whether TS4 is priced too high, it's whether Stern has been pricing too low.

#3863 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah because a guy getting pulled from his vehicle and literally beaten with a cinder block is an excellent metaphor for a bunch of old privileged dudes with money complaining about a $15K toy.

Did you find a cause and your just going to go on and on about it until
you get everyone’s approval.I was just referring to someone being kicked while their down.So move on to the next issue it was deleted anyway!

#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is there a transfer fee? I actually thought this would be a great way to curb flipping.

That's not a way to curb flipping. That's the way for the distributor to get a piece of this flipping. If you actually wanted to curb flipping as a distributor, you wouldn't allow a transfer.

Some distributors allow a transfer with a fee. Others don't allow a transfer at all. Those are two completely different agendas.

I personally don't care which path they choose. It's their business and a free market. It's completely their choice.

#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

if JJP can sell a boatload of Stern-level TS4's at $12K a pop, why wouldn't Stern start selling their premium pins at the same price point?

Because Stern likes to stay in business. This pricing level is a pretty risky move for JJP.

#3866 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

at these prices since I have my fav Lawlor games already and they were a fraction of today’s prices. Addams $2400, Gofers $2200, Road Show $1800, Family Guy (free, sort of lol)

Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s hard for me to bite on a new Lawlor at these prices since I have my fav Lawlor games already and they were a fraction of today’s prices. Addams $2400, Gofers $2200, Road Show $1800, Family Guy (free, sort of lol)

I’ve owned all of the above Lawlor games you mentioned and the one I still have is Whirlwind.I own Dialed In and Wonka and I can tell you the new stuff is a lot more challenging and dependable once set up!
For some weird reason the only one I want to buy in the future is Road Show in great shape!
I loved the banter and even liked the music especially multiball!

#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

So.. let's say you're not an early adopter. Im not, the theme IS a letdown (TS4 vs TS 1-3), but the game still looks fun. Where will the resale for the LE end up? Msrp? 12k? Less? Is this the pinball community saying too much? There was no way JJP could have sold this for $11k to match Wonka or GnR, or should they have?

There's really no way to know until people start playing them and seeing what the game actually IS. Even if low demand causes owners to take a hit, I think it's maybe $1500 max if you look at other recent pins that the market isn't hounding after like Mando Prem which often goes for 300-1200 less than MSRP. If you keep Toy Story for a year and sell it for $1200 less than you bought it for, you got a rental for $100/mo. In olden times we almost always assumed a new pin was going to sell for less when we sold it. This appreciating pin thing is pretty new.

#3868 1 year ago

I just wished that if they wanted a screen for mini games then put a 5 to 7 in vertical one on the apron and made a claw mech for the green aliens that would have grabbed a pinball via magnet out as a prize. Kinda like the gumball on TZ. In the back corner. And a Buzz lightyear on a rail moving back and forth.

#3869 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I just wished that if they wanted a screen for mini games then put a 5 to 7 in vertical one on the apron and made a claw mech for the green aliens that would have grabbed a pinball via magnet out as a prize. Kinda like the gumball on TZ. In the back corner. And a Buzz lightyear on a rail moving back and forth.

Worst part is because of the ratio can’t even mod it to be an etch a sketch. Unless you made the etch a sketch sideways, imo, silly that way

#3870 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's really no way to know until people start playing them and seeing what the game actually IS. Even if low demand causes owners to take a hit, I think it's maybe $1500 max if you look at other recent pins that the market isn't hounding after like Mando Prem which often goes for 300-1200 less than MSRP. If you keep Toy Story for a year and sell it for $1200 less than you bought it for, you got a rental for $100/mo. In olden times we almost always assumed a new pin was going to sell for less when we sold it. This appreciating pin thing is pretty new.

Yea - I'd say that's a good guess. It will stay above the LE NIB price - so $13-15k would be my guess.

And you are correct - most of us in the hobby years ago didn't buy NIB games - we let someone else take the depreciation "hit" (and initial shipping cost).

#3871 1 year ago

How much of Kay & Peele sounds bits are in the game?
Hopefully a bunch.

#3872 1 year ago
unnamed-4(1) (resized).pngunnamed-4(1) (resized).png
#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Because Stern likes to stay in business. This pricing level is a pretty risky move for JJP.

I think its a case of short term gain, but long term pain....its just not sustainable long term....I truly believe that JJP is pricing themselves out of the market especially when the supply chain catches up and Stern starts pumping out games like they did pre covid.

#3874 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

How much of Kay & Peele sounds bits are in the game?
Hopefully a bunch.

I had no idea they were in the movie.

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I have an Godzilla le, but im much more excited for Toy story!

Same but I am glad I will have both! Godzilla is an incredible game.

#3876 1 year ago

Dang.. Already out in the real word. Well done JJ!

Screenshot_20220615-163509_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220615-163509_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3877 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Dang.. Already out in the real word. Well done JJ! [quoted image]

Ummm, that lcd under the glass looks exactly like my 4 year olds amazon fire tablet...

#3878 1 year ago

It still looks so empty.

#3879 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

It still looks so empty.

You don't need a cluttered playfield to have a good time IMO.

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I want to be excited about it, don’t get me wrong. I just feel like it’s missing that world under glass feeling

#3881 1 year ago

I would certainly hope some of the games are ready and going out now with nearly full code.
It’s been two years since the last release.
Good news for owners!

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re right, its the price that is very prohibitive.

Agree with many opinions people have been expressing. TS4 is empty as and not what many of us are looking for in a mechanical pinball experience, especially at the highest prices in pinball. Don’t believe for a second that TS4 is all sold out to consumers, as is hyped. Those that really did buy one are going to be hating the day, when they try to sell it. It is an attempt at an unintential insult to the pinball consumer, where JJP thinks, we’ll buy anything for any price. Playing the game or not, there is not much there to hold a real players attention for the long haul. How fast will anyone get tired/bored with “collecting tickets”??? Not even the premise of TS4 storyline by any stretch of the imagination.

It would be like having a fishing tourney with Thanos. A competition to see who can catch the most or biggest fish in a pinball game quest. The whole premise for TS4 does not fit the theme. It was never about a carnival quest for tickets. That works for WW, because that was the story line to begin with. JJP has run out of ideas and creativity if that’s the best they can do. The games main toy is the 10” ipad: no real mechanical mechs in the game. Remove that 10” ipad and its even more glaring how empty the PF is. Sell it at a Stern pro price and then maybe people will take a chance on it. I’m all for having games for families, but this only works for a family of girls, that are really into pinball to justify a $12k to $15k purchase. JJP has gone down an astonishing path from WOZ and DI that are loaded with toys, to an almost empty game, devoid of mechanical satisfying mechs. Not trying to take any shine off JJP efforts, just looking at it from a real perspective.

#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You must be new here.
JJP gutted the warranty quite some time ago.

Come buy it in Australia where under our consumer law, you should get 2 year warranty.

#3884 1 year ago

...anyone have an Amber Heard miniture head sitting around by chance....just thinking "a head" ...too soon?

Stern: we'll just put this spinner in the middle of LZ thats a cool mech

JJP: Hold my beer...and we'll do it for $6.00

#3885 1 year ago

Dialed in Upgraded lol

#3886 1 year ago

Don't get me wrong, I am not impressed at all with TS4 and I can't see this becoming some sort of sleeper hit. But I find it funny that many of the same people that are always crapping on JJP games for having so much 'junk' jammed into the playfield that the gameplay suffers, are now posting on every page about what a failure this is for JJP because of how barren the playfield is...

#3887 1 year ago

Eh, not every game needs to 100% appeal to 40-50 year old men. I showed the video and pictures to the kids and they loved it. I love IMDN and MET, MM, and GNR....they kids could give two shits about them. They like TMNT and Avengers...and having a large screen that tells you what to do is good for a novice player. I actually hate TZ its too cluttered for me. If the kids play it, I think its worth the money. Sure its more expensive than GNR etc but so is EVERYTHING....go buy gas, milk, cars, houses etc. Inflation is a bitch

#3888 1 year ago

Looks like Jack took too many naps back in his office...

#3889 1 year ago

The first Toy Story 4 pinball machine is now on location! Stop by ENTERRIUM in Schaumburg, IL and play pinball with some familiar friends!

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

I want to be excited about it, don’t get me wrong. I just feel like it’s missing that world under glass feeling

Maybe that's why there is no standard version on this title. What is left to remove.

I guess you could take away another voice actor callout or two?

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Crazy talk...

This is a JJP if it doesnt look like the Griswold xmas house its not enough stuff.

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ummm, that lcd under the glass looks exactly like my 4 year olds amazon fire tablet...

I saw thhis photo too, and definitely felt it looked eerily out of place, powered off and all.

As with any new game, definitely excited to try it! Owning things is an entirely different concept.

Screenshot_20220615-160139_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220615-160139_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3894 1 year ago

Tablets have notoriously shitty viewing angles, wonder if it holds up OK.

#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Tablets have notoriously shitty viewing angles, wonder if it holds up OK.

It depends on the technology - IPS have pretty good viewing angles.

#3896 1 year ago

Why it's cool to live in Chicago
https://fb.watch/dG53UaiAmg/

Screenshot_20220615-181659_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220615-181659_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm actually waiting for someone cheeky enough to post a no good goofers on the market place with an old tablet inside it, and pitch it as a toy story 4 prototype.

i got u fam
5A7CD3CB-5F4A-4964-8C71-ED0CECE39977 (resized).jpeg5A7CD3CB-5F4A-4964-8C71-ED0CECE39977 (resized).jpeg

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:i got u fam
[quoted image]

I hope you sent that to [email protected] offering to replace their retiring head of design

#3899 1 year ago

I actually thought TS4 was a great flick. And NGG is a great time, this is extremely similar - but I'd probably rather get this because of the incidental bits like LCD and hot rails. But ugh...that tablet. That takes phoning it in to a new level. There's a huge friggin' LCD right next to it on the backboard! You can't put the games up on that?! You put them on a smaller, harder-to-see screen with a wonky viewing angle instead? Just think of a company like P3 which uses video to innovate and then further innovates with the mechs....for JJP to just stick a tablet up in the corner is kinda sad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/78?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.