(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 121.
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just heard from a reliable source* that Stern will announce a Lightyear pin to coincide with the film's release, this Friday.
* my imagination

The funniest troll move would be to announce a TS 1-3 pin by Elwin, featuring the real Tom Hanks.

#3802 1 year ago

When you get your shipping details or game... come on over! - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Has anyone noticed that the people trying to flip the game are basically relatively new Pinsiders?

Opportunity draws people in... plus, you have people that create alt-identities to sell too.

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I was just joking with my partner that this game should be called No Good Gabbys with the Gabby pop up head and the other design similarities from the same game designer

I was thinking about those similarities yesterday as well and it’s uncanny. So many gameplay components straight from Gophers. Also consider that both games have a character named “Buzz” in the game though NGG Buzz is arguably a more prominent character.

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wasn't the GNR SE $8000?
$12,000 + shipping price of admission is a lot of money - too much for the majority of people.

$6750 originally!

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is your spot on....just don't drink too much, and put your WW CE right next to your TS CE. You might get confused on which one to turn on as they both look the same

You stole my line Ptown! Lol

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is your spot on....just don't drink too much, and put your WW CE right next to your TS CE. You might get confused on which one to turn on as they both look the same

Not gonna happen. One game is about collecting tickets with lots of magical bell noises and the other is...oh wait.

#3808 1 year ago

So much money for a plastic fork. I think the movie's dummy would have been a good bash feature or pop-up troll, ala Rudy.

#3809 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

LOL!!!!

#3810 1 year ago

It really sucks how JJP went with the purchasing experience. I get that recently the norm was buying machines without ever playing them. Is the new norm going to be purchasing without seeing the game? No gameplay footage before forking out 16k? I admit I made a rash decision and bought the CE from JJP. Had some buyers remorse and realized I didn’t even get to see a gameplay of it. JJP was kind to cancel my order this morning before they charged my $2500 deposit. I’m just bitter that there was nothing other than leaked images and some muted video before the website opened for orders and you literally had seconds to make a decision. If someone was on JJP waiting list they are going to be happy today. I won’t feel bad if the game ends up being great and CE Price appreciate. If a company wants to have nothing shown before I commit to 16k than it’s not for me. I hope the game does well and hopefully my next buying experience won’t be a negative one.

#3811 1 year ago

A couple people have said there are magnets under the playfield similar to Wonka (6 in that game under the playfield) that interact with the ball. Is this true? I see no reference to them as a feature.

#3812 1 year ago

Maybe this was JJP's attempt to hurt the flippers?

Make 'em buy, non-refundable..... and stick them with a game no one will end up wanting?

Kinda funny.

#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

It really sucks how JJP went with the purchasing experience. I get that recently the norm was buying machines without ever playing them. Is the new norm going to be purchasing without seeing the game? No gameplay footage before forking out 16k? I admit I made a rash decision and bought the CE from JJP. Had some buyers remorse and realized I didn’t even get to see a gameplay of it. JJP was kind to cancel my order this morning before they charged my $2500 deposit. I’m just bitter that there was nothing other than leaked images and some muted video before the website opened for orders and you literally had seconds to make a decision. If someone was on JJP waiting list they are going to be happy today. I won’t feel bad if the game ends up being great and CE Price appreciate. If a company wants to have nothing shown before I commit to 16k than it’s not for me. I hope the game does well and hopefully my next buying experience won’t be a negative one.

I wonder how many other people called to cancel this morning?

#3814 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Why are you bitter? I get the idea that ALL companies should show the game, and give us some game play, and THEN let the pin stand on it's own merits.

But that's just not how it is today, largely because of flippers. And certain Distros are guilty of pouring gasoline on the FOMO fire.

JJP gave you your deposit back, no harm. Now you get to wait to play it later and see if you like it or not. And maybe get to buy it cheaper. GL

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

10000% they should have showed the gameplay footage sooner.

SMH at that decision.

#3816 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

So much money for a plastic fork. I think the movie's dummy would have been a good bash feature or pop-up troll, ala Rudy.

Gabby Gabby is the villian/antagonist in the film... think that's why Disney was ok with it being the bash toy (even if she is kinda redeemed)

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Maybe this was JJP's attempt to hurt the flippers?
Make 'em buy, non-refundable..... and stick them with a game no one will end up wanting?
Kinda funny.

Even if you're solely a flipper, you have to have some confidence that the game will sell for over MSRP. What about a fourth movie theme with lacking main character toys, no innovation and 1k being made inspires confidence?

#3818 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And yet, they had their biggest sales day in history.
https://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4586
Maybe the Pinside hive mind is wrong!

You're right. This game looks like a feature packed world under glass. We all clamored for toy story 4. This is a dream theme and we are all thrilled. It will be a top pin for years to come. This is hands down the best pat lawlor game he's ever made. He is now allowed to die in peace and forever be known as the greatest designer in history. On his tomb stone, it will say "the guy that designed toy story 4." People who don't even like pinball will walk past it and say, "damn... that game WAS amazing indeed."

Like.... is this what you think is happening? Come on. Stop. Admit it: they dropped the ball on this. It's okay to not like everything they make.

I like all the manufacturers, but for arguement sake I'll take stern's side. I think led zeplin is one of the sorriest pieces of shit I've ever seen. I don't care for mando. I said that Godzilla looked like a water melon (game is crazy good though). You can be a fan of a company and still admit they messed up.

The reason they had their biggest day ever is because they pre sold all those expensive ass games to distros already. This can NOT be a surprise.

#3819 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A couple people have said there are magnets under the playfield similar to Wonka (6 in that game under the playfield) that interact with the ball. Is this true? I see no reference to them as a feature.

The manual is already online to confirm for yourself

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/Toy_Story_4_Manual_1_0_May_2022.pdf

Spoiler - no magnets

#3820 1 year ago

I’m glad they’re selling well, good for them. I was slightly disappointed but no matter because I can wait for next Stern or next Spooky pin that strikes my fancy.

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not gonna happen. One game is about collecting tickets with lots of magical bell noises and the other is...oh wait.

Maybe its me, but as I watched game play they seemed oddly similar....sounds, graphics, etc....but what do I know ... I wish JJP changed their spinner sound to what Stern used on JP...its the best in pinball

#3822 1 year ago

How do we get the habit trail crossing over the playfield to mount into this guy?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#3823 1 year ago

I'm actually waiting for someone cheeky enough to post a no good goofers on the market place with an old tablet inside it, and pitch it as a toy story 4 prototype.

#3824 1 year ago

So I am getting conflicting information if CE's have sold out. Did they? Or just JJP and the distributors are still unknown?

#3826 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

So I am getting conflicting information if CE's have sold out. Did they? Or just JJP and the distributors are still unknown?

Basically that

JJP had a small alotment on the web which sold out basically immediately. Distributors have their own methods/logic to selling CEs so you'd have to check with them.

#3827 1 year ago

I think it's so weird that those who dont like it want those who do like it to say we dont like it.
I like it. If you don't thats fine, move along to another thread.
The constant bashing of something you don't like gets annoying. Just move along.
Those of us who are here because we like it want to talk about the game.

#3828 1 year ago

The game is technically sold out because the middlemen committed to them all, not the same thing as the public straight up buying them all. I hate to make this comparison but Spooky technically sold out of HW & UM right away too, this is not a comparison of how good any of the games are compared to each other.

#3829 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

They are out there ... many distributors held some to sell it seems. I was contacted by a few last night (which was a first) saying I was on a list and if I wanted to get one I cld. I'm not interested but I believe if u call around to all the distributors you may be able to track one down however it may be above 15k.

#3830 1 year ago

No Magnets!! I think Wonka CE is going to go up, not this one. Probably should have bet on that.

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

No Magnets!! I think Wonka CE is going to go up, not this one. Probably should have bet on that.

Maybe? I think JJP replaced the magnets with that spinner, which is pretty cool. Probably a similar design to what JJP wanted to use on POTC, but decided against it.

#3832 1 year ago

Whatever anyone thinks of the game, JJP just took $15,000,000 off the pinball community in a matter of minutes ( sure distributors may still have stock, doesn't matter to JJP ).

And if they sell 5000 LE's, that is another $60,000,000.

Got to think there is a super healthy mark up on these games, so looks like JJP are doing just fine.

And as warranties, seem to be disappearing in pinball, even more money to the bottom line.

#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I think it's so weird that those who dont like it want those who do like it to say we dont like it.
The constant bashing of something you don't like gets annoying. Just move along.

You actually do make a good point. But that's usually what the official thread is for. We do love crapping on things that disapppint us, and this is probably the best thread for that. The offical thread we usually know better not to do this extracurricular stuff.

#3834 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I like that we live in an era of several pinball manufacturers co-existing. There has been some serious competition in the last few years. .

See Lots of People have been saying this. And im coming to think the opposite. I think the Hobby is becoming a monopoly. Clearly Not enough games are being produced. Market is much hotter then the Supply. So the few manufactures are just copying off Stern. And Stern has been Cutting mechs and charging more for a long time.

And us as the demand are just a long for the ride. We accept what we get because we dont have any other choice.

#3835 1 year ago

Wrong thread, buddy.

#3836 1 year ago

Sure is gonna be easier to clean and wax compared to gnr

#3837 1 year ago

I showed my wife and my kids (5, 8, and 10) the reveal video yesterday. Wife's comment, "so it's just based on Toy Story 4... no other movies"? When given the option my kids said they would rather have World Cup Soccer 94 again.

#3838 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think most agree that prices are bonkers. That said, themes with a deep connection can get a lot of us to get over that hump. I never thought I’d spend $11k+ on a new pin, but I LOVE RUSH & had no will power to say no. Similarly, many people love Toy Story as a whole, but not 4 individually - so, many are saying “no” because the emotional bond isn’t there.

For all of us that knew it was coming, we thought we were deciding between buying Toy Story and another IP from another manufacturer. Toy Story 1-3 is Toy Story 4's greatest enemy here. (Price with lack of mechs right behind it). I'd personally rather have a Toy Story 4 game than another license. Because it's Toy Story.

If I knew in advance it was TS4, that would have helped me get over my disappointment by the time of reveal. I feel better today than I did yesterday. I'm still not over it in regards to what I wanted and what could have been, but I believe I'll really enjoy this game after seeing more of it.

Seeing Joe Katz' gameplay and the featurette, it feels like the Toy Story Midway Mania ride that's at Hollywood Studios and California Adventure. It has sounds I like and don't like. Overall though, it is Toy Story. They got the actors (jim hanks counts) to do custom callouts. I like the "You've got a Friend in Me" version they have there. It looks like it shoots faster than any JJP to date, which I love.

It's like going to your favorite band's album concert, but it's not your favorite of their albums. It's still your favorite band and you still like it. And it's the only show you'll get to see this decade. ....and they're charging double for general admission. ...and it's a shorter set than what they used to do. ...and I preordered my VIP ticket before I knew the concert details because I knew it was an instant sellout and I hate scalpers. Oh S*&@. Nevermind. I tried.

Still going to that concert though.

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I think the Hobby is becoming a monopoly.

When stern was the only company still making games, that was a monopoly. A monopoly literally means one entity owning the market.

Now, there is a significant departure from being a monopoly with 5 major manufacturers who are competing against each other (stern, JJP, spooky, AP, CGC) and a few other smaller ones (DP, homepin, haggis, multimorphic, pinball bros), plus various homebrew innovators. Honestly, we have quite a wide range of options and ideas right now. I might go as far as to say that this resurgence is the second golden age of pinball.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

So the few manufactures are just copying off Stern.

Each manufacturer has tried different and unique things. JJP was the first to make a modern game with an LCD screen. Stern was the last manufacturer to follow that paradigm shift in display technology.

Spooky took a step back and did a street level game (TNA) from a homebrew designer, which was a huge hit, and quite different than what everyone else was doing at the time. Then stern started looking to the homebrew community for new talent & ideas, making a splash with Iron Maiden.

CGC brought back some beloved classics of the WPC era on a new platform with some added bells & whistles.

Multimorphic did something completely different with a screen as a playfield and swappable game modules. Regardless of what some people think about a screen vs playfield, that platform is quite a great innovation.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

And Stern has been Cutting mechs and charging more for a long time.

Sure, there have been many complaints about stern's cost cutting measures, from empty playfields, to paddle targets, to cabinet and playfield issues.

As for price, I think JJP has been blazing the price ceiling trail with their collector edition games.

If anything, I'd say having all the other manufacturers around is forcing stern to innovate and remain competitive.

Theme choices, game platforms, game code, mechs, layouts, artists and artwork, sounds & music--no one company is just cranking out cookie cutter cornerstone games that are lackluster or clones of previous games.

#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Well, you are new here I see. Welcome to Pinside

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Maybe? I think JJP replaced the magnets with that spinner, which is pretty cool. Probably a similar design to what JJP wanted to use on POTC, but decided against it.

Looks to be a standard spinning disk that moves both ways versus the original triple disk design in Pirates (wish that would come back). That's a bummer about no magnets under the center area of the playfield.

#3843 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You're right. This game looks like a feature packed world under glass. We all clamored for toy story 4. This is a dream theme and we are all thrilled. It will be a top pin for years to come. This is hands down the best pat lawlor game he's ever made. He is now allowed to die in peace and forever be known as the greatest designer in history. On his tomb stone, it will say "the guy that designed toy story 4." People who don't even like pinball will walk past it and say, "damn... that game WAS amazing indeed."
Like.... is this what you think is happening? Come on. Stop. Admit it: they dropped the ball on this. It's okay to not like everything they make.
I like all the manufacturers, but for arguement sake I'll take stern's side. I think led zeplin is one of the sorriest pieces of shit I've ever seen. I don't care for mando. I said that Godzilla looked like a water melon (game is crazy good though). You can be a fan of a company and still admit they messed up.
The reason they had their biggest day ever is because they pre sold all those expensive ass games to distros already. This can NOT be a surprise.

FOMO speculation is a helluva drug.

#3844 1 year ago

I don't hate JJP. I hate a price tag of $12-15k for a somewhat generic game.

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't hate JJP. I hate a price tag of $12-15k for a somewhat generic game.

I wouldn't mind the price if it were jam packed with mechs and custom molded toys like WoZ, Hobbit, DI, PotC were. My Hobbit has like 70 coils/servos!

#3846 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

FOMO speculation is a helluva drug.

Are you saying it is i that have a fear of missing out? I can place an order right now for this pile of shit, and definitley am passing. No fear here.

Edit: I don't... I don't think that's what you were saying, but the internet is hard for me sometimes.

#3847 1 year ago

Hey romulsux...you need to go out and touch some grass today....take a deep breath...you act like you own some sort of stake in JJP. Comparing some people in the pinball community to a racially charged riot. Real classy!

#3848 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hey romulsux...you need to go out and touch some grass today....take a deep breath...you act like you own some sort of stake in JJP. Comparing some people in the pinball community to a racially charged riot. Real classy!

No just comparing the curb stomping Don’t be bringing in the racial component!

#3849 1 year ago

Not mine, thought it was amusing.

BA3FA318-8AA1-49D4-A01A-05A68854199F (resized).jpegBA3FA318-8AA1-49D4-A01A-05A68854199F (resized).jpeg
#3850 1 year ago

Okay…..this thread has come to a finale. The rumor of a JJP Toy Story pin has come to fruition. Let’s keep beating this dead dog forever.
Give it a name change at least

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/77?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.