(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 121.
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Not a single person on this thread has seen this game in person. No one has touched it... or flipped it. Yet, the amount of grown-adult tantrum outbursts and foot stomping is topping the charts, even for this crazy website.
Hilarious. Well done, Pinside. You've outdone yourself!

Zach said he flipped it and was fun plus the code was there in the comments of his Youtube video.

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I really don't get how this pin sold out that fast, I really don't. But that's my opinion

7A2F60F2-9527-4C27-93A4-25D237547D5D (resized).jpeg7A2F60F2-9527-4C27-93A4-25D237547D5D (resized).jpeg
#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope this isn’t the beginning of the end for JJP

Yeah they only raked in 15 mil yesterday let's pray they hold on.

#3754 1 year ago

We should have our game on route this week for those who want to actually play sone pinball

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I feel like I owe the designers and JJP an apology. Why? Well I had expectations that were maybe not practical AND JJP probably can't say anything about it. This is what happens when you work with a company like Disney. They are control freaks. So maybe we need to back off the TS4 vs. TS1-3 bashing just a bit?

I can buy a Toy Story cuckoo clock from the Bradford Exchange for $220. Toy Story, not Toy Story 4. Issued in 2018. There are thousands of licensed Toy Story products, from bedsheets to underwear. Unless someone from JJP wants to step forward and say they were forced into a Toy Story 4 license, at gun point, I ain't buying into this theory.

Toy Story Wall ClockToy Story Wall Clock

#3756 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We should have our game on route this week for those who want to actually play sone pinball

Ocelot?

#3757 1 year ago

The place to be!

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Zach said he flipped it and was fun

I wonder how many here have been around long enough to remember when Jersey Jack was a Stern distributor, and the running gag for every new game was "Jack played it, he likes it!"

Jack, Zach. "History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

#3759 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I can buy a Toy Story cuckoo clock from the Bradford Exchange for $220. Toy Story, not Toy Story 4. Issued in 2018. There are thousands of licensed Toy Story products, from bedsheets to underwear. Unless someone from JJP wants to step forward and say they were forced into a Toy Story 4 license, at gun point, I ain't buying into this theory.
[quoted image]

That's Toy Story 2 characters dude.

#3760 1 year ago

Looks like Toy Story 6 to me. Oh wait it's a clock.

#3761 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Look like Toy Story 6 to me. Oh wait it's a clock.

CE spots down to 1,500.00

Halloween did not even drop this quick

Have any CE spots been sold yet? If so how much.

It will be refreshing to see a the first dealer post up a machine at MSRP.

#3762 1 year ago

#3763 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Pretty sure that guys is looking for 1500 on top. I don't see any flippers losing cash on selling CE deposits. JJP will keep pushing to find the ceiling. Probably not there yet.

#3764 1 year ago

There has to be dealers sitting on inventory speculating. It just does not make sense.

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That's Toy Story 2 characters dude.

I was referring to the franchise, not a particular film. Here are some generic franchise underwear for you:

Toy Story UnderwearToy Story Underwear

#3766 1 year ago

I was referring to the franchise, not a particular film. Here are some generic franchise underwear for you:
[quoted image]

Now this should have been in the upper left corner

#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Zach said he flipped it and was fun plus the code was there in the comments of his Youtube video.

The guy at the Poop Store will also tell me that poop is awesome. Cuz he’s selling poop.

#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I am really looking forward to playing this game. Now it is the long wait!

I believe I got what I wanted from this release which is smooth shots and deep code. Like Wonka.

#3769 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I mean yeah...there are lots of licensed and probably unlicensed Toy Story products out there. I think some people have a hard time realizing that there isn't a blanket license for everything. And when you get into old Toy Story, you have products Pixar most likely licensed for their movies (ie potato head, etch a sketch, etc.) Then you have voice actors from the movies. There are a lot of factors. Kids underwear does not equal a pinball machine.

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The guy at the Poop Store will also tell me that poop is awesome. Cuz he’s selling poop.

Zach poop A-
Greg poop B+

#3771 1 year ago

Been away for a while, got the email from JJP and hopped over here. I have been holding off buying new pins for a while waiting to see this one first. BIG MISTAKE.

Would love to see what Pat designed 2+ years ago before the Disney execs and bean counters got a hold of this. Sigh.

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Been away for a while, got the email from JJP and hopped over here. I have been holding off buying new pins for a while waiting to see this one first. BIG MISTAKE.
Would love to see what Pat designed 2+ years ago before the Disney execs and bean counters got a hold of this. Sigh.

Heard it’s called wonka

#3773 1 year ago

Anyone else see No Good Gophers in this wheel and jump ramp?

#3774 1 year ago

Hey guys, I've got a mod idea: It's a set of 3 vinyl decals that seamlessly cover the "4" in "Toy Story 4" on the backglass and cabinet sides. It seems like this increases the desirability of the game by about $2000 so I'll sell the decals for $500.

#3775 1 year ago

Some games are in transit to distributors but we haven’t seen any openings, yet. Have distro’s shipped any games to customers? JJP factory looks full so I think they should be shipping 50 games a week now and ramping to 100 games per week in July, imo. If they sell every CE & LE, it may take them a year to finish, and that’s all right. If they only sell/make half the 5k LE’s before bearing off on new title, that’s all right, too.

Stern LE’s are now $10.5k plus shipping or $11k total, and that’s without a topper. JJP’s TS4LE’s are $12k, also without a topper. But the point is if you wanted a $10k LE from JJP, you were never going to get it. JJP’s GNR LE’s were $11.5k and without a decent topper. Makes sense their current LE is priced at $12k.

#3776 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I wish I was closer

Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Don't worry - lots of those CEs will be up for resale quickly!

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Hey guys, I've got a mod idea: It's a set of 3 vinyl decals that seamlessly cover the "4" in "Toy Story 4" on the backglass and cabinet sides. It seems like this increases the desirability of the game by about $2000 so I'll sell the decals for $500.

So $500 each decal and I get three, while saving $500? You son of a bitch, I’m in!

#3778 1 year ago

I just want to touch on the lack of SE thing a bit, since it seems like everyone else is doing a good job of handling the other points. I see a few people bemoaning the fact there is no SE. Besides the points that others have made, its been known for a while now JJP was going to stop making SE's. It was dumb for them to be making SE's as long as they did. SE's are always the lowest selling model for JJP. It was smart of them to take that out of the lineup. I know a few people would buy SE's but really, why? They aren't much cheaper than the LE and its just a lot more hassle for the manufacturing side.

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I was just joking with my partner that this game should be called No Good Gabbys with the Gabby pop up head

#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I was just joking with my partner that this game should be called No Good Gabbys with the Gabby pop up head and the other design similarities from the same game designer

#3781 1 year ago

I was just joking with my partner that this game should be called No Good Gabbys with the Gabby pop up head and the other design similarities from the same game designer

#3782 1 year ago

To be fair, this is the best that AI could come up with...

ai_toystory (resized).pngai_toystory (resized).png
#3783 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Find one CE in stock at MSRP. I know a few dealers held some trying to get more. But the vast majority were sold in minutes.

If the majority go to distributors and they immediately mark it up anticipating higher demand, you don't know for sure if 1k CE's would have sold out at MSRP because the game is rigged from the beginning. True test is to see how long they sit and what price they eventually sell at.

#3784 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And yet, they had their biggest sales day in history.
https://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4586
Maybe the Pinside hive mind is wrong!

I have no interest in this game and have no idea if it's great or terrible -- what I do know is that Pinside consensus of a pin at launch is laughably bad; and hyperbolic to boot.

#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I just want to touch on the lack of SE thing a bit, since it seems like everyone else is doing a good job of handling the other points. I see a few people bemoaning the fact there is no SE. Besides the points that others have made, its been known for a while now JJP was going to stop making SE's. It was dumb for them to be making SE's as long as they did. SE's are always the lowest selling model for JJP. It was smart of them to take that out of the lineup. I know a few people would buy SE's but really, why? They aren't much cheaper than the LE and its just a lot more hassle for the manufacturing side.

Wasn't the GNR SE $8000?

$12,000 + shipping price of admission is a lot of money - too much for the majority of people.

#3786 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I believe I got what I wanted from this release which is smooth shots and deep code. Like Wonka.

My guess is your spot on....just don't drink too much, and put your WW CE right next to your TS CE. You might get confused on which one to turn on as they both look the same

#3787 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wasn't the GNR SE $8000?
$12,000 + shipping price of admission is a lot of money - too much for the majority of people.

I don’t understand why you think that, given that every NIB pinball machine that isn’t from Spooky sells like toilet paper circa 2020.

This is such a small niche market and it’s apparently easy finding a couple thousand customers in a world of billions of people who have no problem blowing $15k, $20k etc. on a pinball machine.

Edit: Yeah, the majority of the population won’t blow that money but the pinball target market will.

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I don’t understand why you think that, given that every NIB pinball machine that isn’t from Spooky sells like toilet paper circa 2020.
This is such a small niche market and it’s apparently easy finding a couple thousand customers in a world of billions of people who have no problem blowing $15k, $20k etc. on a pinball machine.

I didn't say they wouldn't sell. I just mean a lot of people are complaining because they have been shut out price wise from Toy Story because of the high entry level price point.

I know 2 people personally that were very excited and wanted to buy for their kids but can't swallow $12K+.

#3789 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Can’t forget the $1,000 transfer fee either!

#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Can’t forget the $1,000 transfer fee either!

Did JJP institute a transfer fee?! Would cut down on the amount of people flipping for sure.

#3791 1 year ago

You’re the first one to mention it! Therefore, you are now a Pinside Legend!

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I didn't say they wouldn't sell. I just mean a lot of people are complaining because they have been shut out price wise from Toy Story because of the high entry level price point.

I think so too. My personal limit for a fantastic pinball machine is $12k (Stern market research: You are welcome!). Anything above this and nope.

I comment on this thread because I find it fascinating.

For me, TS is not a dream theme and I personally can’t stand pop up obstacles and spinning discs so I would never buy a JJP TS4. They are catering to a demographic that is just above me, wealth wise. While I can spend a lot more than $12k, I won’t because there are many other uses of my money but more power to JJP if they can sell to people who think it’s worth it.

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wonder how many here have been around long enough to remember when Jersey Jack was a Stern distributor, and the running gag for every new game was "Jack played it, he likes it!"
Jack, Zach. "History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

C27FD77F-9063-4E5F-8AD2-5FCB4C96BF81 (resized).jpegC27FD77F-9063-4E5F-8AD2-5FCB4C96BF81 (resized).jpeg
#3794 1 year ago

Is there a transfer fee? I actually thought this would be a great way to curb flipping.

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

They are catering to a demographic that is just above me, wealth wise.

All snark aside, this is what it boils down to for me. I can't stomach spending more than Stern premium money (no markup), and even then, it has to be a phenomenal game. I'm glad I already own most of the pins I love and have space for. Not sure I'll ever pay five figures for a toy, inflation be damned.

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

That is awesome if there is a transfer fee! Can we confirm this?

Can’t confirm or deny it, as I don’t know, but I did hear someone from JJP mention this exact concept recently, and thought about it as I was ordering an LE. They were really emphasizing the need for you to provide a final shipping address at time-of-sale.

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I think so too. My personal limit for a fantastic pinball machine is $12k (Stern market research: You are welcome!). Anything above this and nope.

I think most agree that prices are bonkers. That said, themes with a deep connection can get a lot of us to get over that hump. I never thought I’d spend $11k+ on a new pin, but I LOVE RUSH & had no will power to say no. Similarly, many people love Toy Story as a whole, but not 4 individually - so, many are saying “no” because the emotional bond isn’t there.

#3798 1 year ago

Has anyone noticed that the people trying to flip the game are basically relatively new Pinsiders?

#3799 1 year ago

Just heard from a reliable source* that Stern will announce a Lightyear pin to coincide with the film's release, this Friday.

* my imagination

#3800 1 year ago

I don't know what to think of Pinside. I see people now criticizing those that haven't played it, like.. "how dare you until you flip it!!". Like we don't know pinball!

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree.... flip it first. But I'd define normal circumstances in pinball as the following:

1. Not a machine that is $3K more than the competition and $3K more than their last release with LESS toys.
2. A title we can relate too that makes sense (IE, Toy Story 4 vs Mandalorian). Imagine if the Mandalorian came out and was then based on a movie no one knew of that happened to feature Mando, for example. Toy Story 4 MAKES NO SENSE.
3. Artwork that matches a good, neutral representation of the title. Here we have a very strong 10 year-old ish girl feel to the machine and art. Not Slinky Dog, Mr. Potato, Army men, etc. A carnival with a girls head (
gabby gabby?") WTF.
4. A machine that took 2 years to make. TWO YEARS. This machine should be absolutely ground breaking and blow our minds. NOPE.

Also, while I was able to forgive the problems with the GNR playfields because I loved the game... now imagine taking a risk on this one, paying $3K over, and again being told to pound sand if you had a legit problem.

ZaphX, I appreciate your enthusiasm and absolute willingness to be optimistic about this one, but there's more here than just... it's a good flipping game. It has to be a good flipping game for price, with a good theme, and should all around feel good. BTW, you're youtube videos on GNR is one of the reasons I bought one. But I feel the price on that one was more acceptable, loved the theme, and the pin made sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/76?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.