(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 121.
#3651 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Exactly, I think there is an angle where the larger playfield screen can let future code updates add more value. It might be an interesting smaller scale p3 type experiment in a pinball game.

Pat should have put the mini display above the flippers in the pf. Make it look like a Cracker Jack box or something around it. Then in the upper left hand corner he should have made a carousel that would lock all the balls and then shoot them all out a once depending on what mode your in. Lots of wasted potential here. Agreed it should be just called 'Toy Story'. TS4 is our least favorite of them. However, could be a fun shooter.

#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Other new pinball machines are just way too cheap, if it’s possible to flip them for profit.
If people pay $12k for a GZ Premium because Stern can’t build them fast enough (!), then it’s simply dumb for JJP (or Stern their GZ) to sell their TS4 for less and you get a mediocre (but solid) TS4 for $12k.
If these barren JJP TS4 somehow sell for $17k (LE) and $20k+ (CE) on pinside, the next mediocre JJP pinball machine will start at $17k. That’s where the market apparently is.

The stupidity of a few does not set the price tolerance of the many

#3653 1 year ago

Fun times!

Always great to see a new pin launch whether you love it or hate or somewhere in between.

#3654 1 year ago

I think the biggest question is when the CE Machines are going to arrive. Looks like you can get an LE delivered tomorrow. If you bought one for 15K direct and it takes another 3 months to arrive, maybe it is worth it to purchase someones earlier spot for a small premium. If you really want the game that is.

#3655 1 year ago

...Oh, well maybe the biggest question is whether or not the play fields are going to have pooling =)

#3656 1 year ago

After watching all of the gameplay videos I think the game looks like a lot of fun. I’m definitely excited to play it in location, but it’s not something I need to own.

Just to echo everybody’s sentiment it’s disappointing the license didn’t lend itself to the entire Toy Story franchise. But I can only imagine how incredibly difficult it was to work with Disney on this. Hopefully this opens the doors to more Disney animated themed pins.

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I think the biggest question is when the CE Machines are going to arrive. Looks like you can get an LE delivered tomorrow. If you bought one for 15K direct and it takes another 3 months to arrive, maybe it is worth it to purchase someones earlier spot for a small premium. If you really want the game that is.

They said Fall for CE shipping, so that's Sept 22nd at the earliest. If I put a deposit on a CE, I'd buy an LE and play it next week until fall then sell it when the CE is imminent.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So JJP didn’t sell out of 1000 $15k CE machines today?!

#3659 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think the issue is that people that buy pins at this price, especially the collector editions, are either flippers or people that have enough wealth that they could care less about the price. And the flippers sell to group 2 that didn’t bother or wasn’t able to get it direct.

The average joe that wants a new pinball machine is SOL if they need a ‘reasonable’ price.

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

So JJP didn’t sell out of 1000 $15k CE machines today?!

Most were allotted to distributors so unless you can claim all distributors sold their allotments already it's a false statement.

#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The average joe that wants a new pinball machine is SOL if they need a ‘reasonable’ price.

That's what Thunderbirds and Spinal Tap are for.

#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Not anymore...

Just for comparison sake. Using coils as they tend to be a good indicator on cost.

GZ Premium Mechs:
Total Coils 10:
3 flippers
2 slingshots
1 autoplunger
1 Bridge coil
1 VUK
1 Ball lock VUK
1 pop bumper

Toy Story:
Total Coils 24 :
4 pop bumpers
3 flippers
2 slings
2 autoplunger + kickback
3 pop up ramp shot and individual controlled posts
1 pop up target
1 vuk
1 saucer
2 Controlled Drop target
2 up posts
3+ diverters

I think you get similar results if you compare other cost like RGBs, playfield glass, display, motors, gimmicks, etc.

I personally don't think the bill of materials comes close between a JJP LE and Stern Premium.

That is not to say that more mechs means a better game. It is amazing how full Stern's games feel when they're in fact quite barren in side by side comparison.

As a side note, I probably missed a coil or two on each count.

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's what Thunderbirds and Spinal Tap are for.

Not a bad point, almost want to go to a car analogy here, but won’t

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They said Fall for CE shipping, so that's Sept 22nd at the earliest. If I put a deposit on a CE, I'd buy an LE and play it next week until fall then sell it when the CE is imminent.

Wow, that is a long wait to get a CE. If you want to get rid of flippers, not only make the deposit nonrefundable, make the deposit nontransferable so that the buyer actually has to pay the full 15K and take delivery. Another way would be to jack up the deposit (no pun intended) to 50% of a CE.

I do not think a manufacturer or distributor really cares about flipping though. Only having to do extra paper work.

#3665 1 year ago

The price will be whatever the market can bear as long as there’s some margin over production and operating costs. If JJP set the price too low, then flippers will buy and mark them up. If the price is too high, then distros or even JJP may need to sell inventory at a discount.

So the price is, or will be, what it is. And value is entirely subjective. For some people, this pin will be worth $15K and to others it won’t be worth $500.

The upshot is only you can decide if the purchase price is right for you, and the market as a whole will set the price.

#3666 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree with you, but would change it ever so slightly: If I put a deposit on a CE, I'd buy an LE and play it next week until fall then sell it and the CE lol
Why wait for a game you really want and probably be tired of playing it by then (it is basically the same game).

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I agree with you, but would change it ever so slightly: If I put a deposit on a CE, I'd buy an LE and play it next week until fall then sell it and the CE lol
Why wait for a game you really want and probably be tired of playing it by then (it is basically the same game).

The people whose wives or kids or whatever want the CE and will keep it aren't selling when it finally arrives, and the LE for 3 months will let them have almost the full experience, except for lighting and topper. But your plan might work for people that were going to flip anyway and don't want to wait 3 months to see if it's even any good.

#3668 1 year ago

Nothing says Toy Story like Gabby Gabby multiball!!!

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Serious question. Why are the assets a deal breaker?
We are here to make pinball shots and achieve pinball goals, right? Not to watch the movie.

My favorite characters, other than Woody and Buzz, aren't in Toy Story 4, they're in the earlier movies. There is a nostalgia factor with the first two movies that Toy Story 4 doesn't have. I can make shots and achieve goals in pins that don't cost 15K for a CE and there's zero desire to buy a pin based on a movie that I have no attachment to. I looked forward to a theme for several years that didn't meet expectations and it's a bummer. I'm sure that JJP had to deal with Disney's licensing constraints and I understand.

Enjoy your Toy Story 4. I'm happy for those that placed their deposits and it's OK for those of us that didn't buy due to the reasons already listed in many of the posts.

#3670 1 year ago

I can’t keep up with ALL the posts without having thoughts get sidetracked. I noticed a lot of complaints about how bare the PF is and where are all the toys/mechs. I thought the same thing when I seen the video. It reminded me of Elvira when I first seen it. It is pretty plain, but it’s a fun pin.

Lots to complain about and that’s what todays pinball crowd seem to like to do best. I think Elvira and the prices for it are crazy too. 20k plus for an updated color of purple is crazy. I think a piece of couch cloth is crazy and somehow adds value to a pin.

Point is, I think all pinball is stupid expensive now and pins need played to have a proper assessment if they are worth the price or not.

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Am I the only one that thinks of this when they say the objective is to play Carousel?
[quoted image]

than you know you're an old guy, right ? (so do i lol)
those under 50 didnt even know what you're talking about !

#3672 1 year ago

I heard pat hired a team from the MIT Jet propulsions lab to design the quantum theater in dialed in. Dude went all out in DI.

#3673 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nothing says Toy Story like Gabby Gabby multiball!!![quoted image]

Better than "Kids MB" Isn't it?

#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whoops, I was WAY off on the Toy Story 4 playfield screen. I assumed it would be 1920x1080 IPS (for good viewing angles) at about $35-40 in quantity. It's actually a $10 in quantity 1024x600 TFT panel.
Also that cover over the left ramp hides a coil magnet-operated diverter.

Lord. Seriously? I remember banging the drum wishing we had 4K displays in the head, and here this screen is shittier quality than an OG Switch. Yeesh.

Quoted from Wallofnoise:

But I can only imagine how incredibly difficult it was to work with Disney on this. Hopefully this opens the doors to more Disney animated themed pins.

Hmm. So having stated this, you feel it's a good idea to have more Disney themes, especially after this and POTC?

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Lord. Seriously? I remember banging the drum wishing we had 4K displays in the head, and here this screen is shittier quality than an OG Switch. Yeesh.

Well, it's just the playfield screen, but it is disappointing.

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's just the playfield screen, but it is disappointing.

Other than that amazing, uh ramp, and that insane er scoop, that shitty quality screen is a major major feature.

I understand we/I have no idea how labor intensive, material cost oriented these games are, but come on JJP, these screens and figures are dirt ass cheap. The game's cost clearly is not.

If I ever buy another game, definitely leaning Stern. I wish American Pinball would shape up...

Oh, and is anyone afraid of that large screen being so low resulting in potential damage?

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Other than that amazing, uh ramp, and that insane er scoop, that shitty quality screen is a major major feature.
I understand we/I have no idea how labor intensive, material cost oriented these games are, but come on JJP, these screens and figures are dirt ass cheap. The game's cost clearly is not.
If I ever buy another game, definitely leaning Stern. I wish American Pinball would shape up...
Oh, and is anyone afraid of that large screen being so low resulting in potential damage?

They've got a clear plastic rectangle over the actual screen, so that's not really a problem, I don't think.

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wish American Pinball would shape up...

Could you clarify that request? American Pinball ships fun, well built, solid earning games, at prices starting around half the cost of Toy Story 4, with a responsive support department, and company staff actively participating on community forums like Pinside and TiltForums. What else would you like to see from American?

#3679 1 year ago

Anyone know the MSRP in Australia? The JJP site in Australia has been down all day. GNR LE was just shy of 17K so I'm expecting a TS4LE to be closer to 20K

#3680 1 year ago

Let's face it, with JJP we were promised a world of loaded out games and toys.. things that were missing in Stern pins. That was the premise of JJP. And you paid a premium for it. Now they are just trying to make more profit, like stern. Kind of like saying you're starting a premium car company to offer a premium car (let's say Ferrari), and now you're trying to be more profitable so your cars are now built like high end Fords. Nothing wrong with the high end Ford... unless you wanted a Ferrari. LOL.

Now you are getting a dressed up game without the toys and things that were the basis of buying a JJP. The flash is still there. And the price point is still high. Where's the rest?

First, you have to accept the theme- If this is a star wars pin, this is the equivalent to Episode 1. Then there's the higher price point. Then the fact that toys and mechs are just not there like we expect from JJP games.

Look at the stand-up targets for forky- One thing I LOVE about the hobbit is the mechanical stand-up targets that cycle and make you hit a specific target... just so damn cool!! Then the shot that takes you to a subway behind the stand-up target. It's things like this that make a game stand out and you KNOW it's a premium unique game.. even if the theme is off, it has a mega cool factor that no other game has.

The choice to throw in cheap, fixed stand up targets just goes to show they didn't care about making it special mech wise... for starters, of course.

I priced one out- $12,000, plus tax, plus shipping, is more like $13,000. Everyone is different money wise... but you can get some of the best of the best pinballs in existence for that price point... vs. something that's just new and different.... but not mind blowing or even a theme I want.

On a final point, this just seems like a game geared towards appealing to children. Toy Story is/was a children based theme with massive appeal to adults, yet they have peeled most of that away for some odd reason. There's just too many head-scratchers for me on this one.

Sure it's new pinball, sure I want one because IT IS NEW and FUN and I WANT TO BE THE COOL GUY on the block with the newest JJP machine... owning it would be a "F/U I got money to burn and I'm a cool cat in this hobby" kind of move, don't ya think? I can be the guy that people are saying, "man, Pinball-wiz has one and he doesn't care". You know this machine has wallet-flex written all over it because of all the factors (you're paying top dollar and don't care its TS4 and all the other crap).

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Could you clarify that request? American Pinball ships fun, well built, solid earning games,

How long did it finally take to fix the Houdini audit screen so it didn't crash? We had one on location when the audits were broken with an update that fixed ball problems (so we couldn't go back) and after 6 months of asking for a fix, we finally decided American Pinball wasn't interested in operators putting their machines out (what op would put up with SIX MONTHS of MANUAL MONEY COUNTING?) and Houdini was sold. That was the last AP put on location here. Probably the last ever. Ask Barry about it, he probably remembers. I was asking him to ask Josh to fix it, too. That lack of professionalism would NEVER have happened at Stern. As a critical bug for operators, it would have been fixed in a few weeks or month at the most.

#3682 1 year ago

Should I press the Buy it now button

17FE09A2-1943-4140-9ED6-A15ADFE3816B (resized).png17FE09A2-1943-4140-9ED6-A15ADFE3816B (resized).png
#3683 1 year ago

Sorry, @pinmonk, I do not know the answer to your question. I don't want to litigate any specific problems on another company's thread, so if you (or anyone) have concerns about American Pinball's support today, please don't hesitate to DM me directly, I'll be happy to help. Of course, American works hard to provide games that satisfy both commercial operators and home owners. I only posted in direct response to @wesman's comment.

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Just for comparison sake. Using coils as they tend to be a good indicator on cost.
GZ Premium Mechs:
Total Coils 10:
3 flippers
2 slingshots
1 autoplunger
1 Bridge coil
1 VUK
1 Ball lock VUK
1 pop bumper
Toy Story:
Total Coils 24 :
4 pop bumpers
3 flippers
2 slings
2 autoplunger + kickback
1 pop up target
1 vuk
1 saucer
2 Controlled Drop target
2 up posts
3+ diverters
I think you get similar results if you compare other cost like RGBs, playfield glass, display, motors, gimmicks, etc.
I personally don't think the bill of materials comes close between a JJP LE and Stern Premium.
That is not to say that more mechs means a better game. It is amazing how full Stern's games feel when they're in fact quite barren in side by side comparison.

I have an Godzilla le, but im much more excited for Toy story!

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sorry, PinMonk, I do not know the answer to your question. I don't want to litigate any specific problems on another company's thread, so if you (or anyone) have concerns about American Pinball's support today, please don't hesitate to DM me directly, I'll be happy to help. Of course, American works hard to provide games that satisfy both commercial operators and home owners. I only posted in direct response to wesman's comment.

I only posted to make the point that AP DOES have an earned reputation to overcome, based on personal experience I had with super-unprofessional and long-running operator support issues. The person with the other comment you were responding to was not wrong.

That said, I think AP is headed in the right direction, and I hope Nordman's next pin does great things.

#3686 1 year ago

I have an spot free for CE directly by JJP since my distributor here in Europe promised me one. PM me

#3687 1 year ago

I think the CE pricing should be higher. There is niw already prespot flipping with 2-5K profit. Maybe if they would’ve made 500 CE’s but priced them at 20-25K like the Elvira (which were sold out instantly), they would make even more profit than a 1000 at 15K and there would be a just enough demand to just sell out, and not have double the demand.

Let’s also not forget inflation over the last years, 10-20K for a pinball is the new normal, it will not go down. Also because production costs increase.

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I only posted to make the point that AP DOES have an earned reputation to overcome, based on personal experience I had with super-unprofessional and long-running operator support issues. The person with the other comment you were responding to was not wrong.

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to hear that customers of other pinball manufacturers have received flawless machines and flawless customer support, and I assure you that American Pinball is working hard to achieve a similar level of perfection.

Toy Story 4 looks like a fun game, and I hope that purchasers have a flawless experience. I look forward to playing the game myself.

#3689 1 year ago

I didn't get the chance to read the last 20 pages of posts since I was here yesterday, but I think I can safely say a couple things about JJP vs. Disney on this one:

With Disney in control of the art and assets used in this game, it's absolutely going to end up looking like it was designed by committee. --->Check!

Disney probably also demanded that it was TS4 instead of the previous three since they're essentially taking the series in a new direction, one with less Buzz and Woody. --->Check!

Disney probably also dictated that they don't use Buzz as much since he's being spun off into his own movie(and maybe his own franchise if it does well at the box office, as Disney LOVES to do), complete with a replaced voice actor. (Less Buzz also means less Woody. There are also a TON of politics involved here, but that's a completely non-pinball related topic we don't have to get into.) --->Check!

JJP most likely had grandiose ideas for the game but got a number of them shot down by Disney for various reasons. Honestly, I'm surprised they kept the pop-up troll bash toy as it could be easily be considered as anti-female and misogynistic by those that are super-easily offended by things. --->We'll probably find this out in the months/years to come.

Disney also probably demanded a very specific profit margin be made on every single game sold, which also probably coincides with my previous guess, as they have to make sure they get their very high cut of each game sold. --->Again, we probably won't know this until who knows when.

If this all sounds like I'm stacking the odds against Disney and that I'm quite biased against them, it's because I am. I worked for a label company for many years and did many fruit labels for Disney over the years. You would not believe the thickness of the style-guides they gave us for each IP and family of labels/products we printed. For those that don't know, a style-guide is basically a list of rules and do's and don'ts about the artwork elements you'll be using/printing. Disney is EXTREMELY strict with ALL their IP. While most of you will think that that is a good thing, and that they should be strict about the billion dollar IPs they own, Disney just takes things a bit too far. I've been given MANY style-guides over the years and Disney's always trumped everyone else's, needlessly. We did labels under just about all of it, too: Marvel, Princesses, Mickey, Goofy, Star Wars, The Muppets, you name it, we did it. They are the epitome of too many managers and not enough workers, and designed by committee.

I can see all of this massively affecting this game's development and how this game eventually turned out.

If it were me, I probably would've back-burnered the game to theme with TS5 as there's a better chance of it being a better movie after all the backlash over TS4. Then, I would've fast-tracked the Steve Ritchie game to later this year and called it good. Either way, I'll judge the game after I play it.

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to hear that customers of other pinball manufacturers have received flawless machines and flawless customer support, and I assure you that American Pinball is working hard to achieve a similar level of perfection.

Sarcastic and unprofessional response to real feedback about prior operator support problems at AP validating the other poster's comment that they "wish AP would shape up."

Alas, tomorrow is another day. Hope springs eternal.

#3691 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:I have an Godzilla le, but im much more excited for Toy story!

Have you been to Recall labs recently?
You may have been lobotomised….lol

#3692 1 year ago

Part of me is wondering whether one could get past the theme a little bit and enjoy Pat Lawlors work for what it is. Who knows if this would be the last pin we see from him. Really love the unique characteristics of his previous games.

#3693 1 year ago
13C766EF-AE39-48F1-BBC3-4F678FF9E47E (resized).jpeg13C766EF-AE39-48F1-BBC3-4F678FF9E47E (resized).jpeg
#3694 1 year ago

Got me ce invoice. $400 shipping

#3695 1 year ago

GZ Premium Mechs:
Total Coils 10:
3 flippers
2 slingshots
1 autoplunger
1 Bridge coil
1 VUK
1 Ball lock VUK
1 pop bumper
Toy Story:
Total Coils 24 :
4 pop bumpers
3 flippers
2 slings
2 autoplunger + kickback
1 pop up target
1 vuk
1 saucer
2 Controlled Drop target
2 up posts
3+ diverters

This is a dreadful comparison. You flat out missed the building assembly in godzilla and the turning component of mecha godzilla which modifies the shot. Plus way more habitrails.

Finally, can we stop acting like pop bumpers are the cat's tits? Toy story has four pop bumpers and godzilla has only one. This is addition by subtraction. Pops are worthless.

Counting coils does not a good game make... clearly.

#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Most were allotted to distributors so unless you can claim all distributors sold their allotments already it's a false statement.

So, can I buy one MSRP then?

If not, it’s sold out.

That it’s available for scalper prices doesn’t count because if it would, then JJP POTC isn’t sold out either.

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

So, can I buy one MSRP then?
If not, it’s sold out.
That it’s available for scalper prices doesn’t count because if it would, then JJP POTC isn’t sold out either.

Allotted vs sold out.. very distinct difference. Unavailable for sale from JJP. Check distributors.

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is a dreadful comparison. You flat out missed the building assembly in godzilla and the turning component of mecha godzilla which modifies the shot. Plus way more habitrails.
Finally, can we stop acting like pop bumpers are the cat's tits? Toy story has four pop bumpers and godzilla has only one. This is addition by subtraction. Pops are worthless.
Counting coils does not a good game make... clearly.

Did you even read my post? I said that the BOM cost does not equate to a good game and I also said that coils were only one aspect of the BOM.

If you're talking other toys between the two.

I would think the stepper motor and rails used for the building and the motor for Mecha Godzilla toy are probably pretty equivalent in cost to the tablet with their custom assembly and spinning wheel mech. If you count the included shaker motor and the camera as toys too, than TS probably also has a bigger BOM for toys too.

I can't think of a single element of the game where I would think that Godzilla would cost more to produce than Toy Story.

I personally do think there is a real difference in BOM cost difference between a Stern Premium and a JJP LE.

Do you honestly think that a Godzilla Premium cost the same to make as a Toy Story LE from a BOM standpoint?

I'm not disagreeing that Elwin is providing a bigger bang for buck in terms of BOM. I'm just stating that one game is clearly more expensive to make than the other.

Edit: I realized I didn't address your habit trails. I would expect the cost of Godzilla's additional habit trails would be about equal in cost to TS rails being as each ramp has some kind of diverter mech and they're all being powder coated.

#3699 1 year ago

GZ Premium Mechs:
Total Coils 10:
3 flippers
2 slingshots
1 autoplunger
1 Bridge coil
1 VUK
1 Ball lock VUK
1 pop bumper
Toy Story:
Total Coils 24 :
4 pop bumpers
3 flippers
2 slings
2 autoplunger + kickback
1 pop up target
1 vuk
1 saucer
2 Controlled Drop target
2 up posts
3+ diverters

The one issue with a coil count comparison alone is that it doesn’t account for motorized mechs which from what I’m seeing Toy Story has none. Motorized mechs are typically among the most substantial items in games. Motorized mechs are almost always custom mechs that add value to a game. Take Smaug in Hobbit for example, the monkey mech in WOZ, or the moving ship in Pirates. Toy Story doesn’t have anything like that.

Godzilla has the motorized moving building with a moving gate on top of the building as a ball lock, the motorized moving ramp that when activated opens a shot to another mech with a magnet on it. Those items along with the vertical exposed magnet that we haven’t seen in a game before are substantial and in my opinion far more interactive then a vast majority of coil based mechs.

Would you rather have 4 pop bumpers or a motorized moving building with a motorized ball lock on top of it? I’ll take the building any day.

#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I think the CE pricing should be higher. There is niw already prespot flipping with 2-5K profit. Maybe if they would’ve made 500 CE’s but priced them at 20-25K like the Elvira (which were sold out instantly), they would make even more profit than a 1000 at 15K and there would be a just enough demand to just sell out, and not have double the demand.
Let’s also not forget inflation over the last years, 10-20K for a pinball is the new normal, it will not go down. Also because production costs increase.

This simply isn't the case. TS4 CEs were still on sale from distros last night and I expect you can find one at MSRP by calling around if you want one for the foreseeable future. Also, Elivira 40ths are still being sold by some distros who have them but just haven't sold them. Elvira's an odd one because the distros could each set the price and some went far too high. My point is JJP prices are too high for what is being sold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/74?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.