(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 121.
#3601 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It's clear this game will be a ton of fun to play. Another winner for JJP I'm certain that will kill on location. The crushing disappointment you all feel will soon pass... Your own expectations will always far exceed reality.

Well said. I could not put my words together but you summed it up. A lot of us wanted Toy Story (original). Must be good reason they did not go with it. With that being said, I watched the video of Joe the programmer at JJP today play TS for 30 minutes going over the game. It looks like a very fun pin I must say. Sure there are things I would have done differently but it still looks fun. I will play the LE on location and decide if I want a LE. Dialed In and Wonka were, hmmmmm ok when I saw them. But when I played them that was a different story. Have a good night guys..

#3602 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I do hear you, but this is all opinion. I get what people are complaining about, but that doesn't dismiss the people who disagree and are excited for this title.
Everything you said is your opinion that, yes others may share, but not everyone. Everyone has different speed when it comes to Pinball, which makes it great. I have enough standard great "shooter" machines, it's nice to mix it up. Every machine isn't a tournament pin. Everything doesn't need to be an Elwin style pin to be good. Again, in my opinion... I mean my favorite pin is The Hobbit for heavens sake. *shrug*
Also, where are you getting off comparing Toy Story to Star Wars Pro...lol? I can't even comment on that, considering the ridiculousness of the comparison. Toy Story has twice as much going on than SW Pro - or Premium.
Lastly, people keep saying $15K, the game isn't $15K. The game "for the masses" is $12K...it is $1K more than GNR & Wonka. I'm sorry, but I don't see how Toy Story is any worse than those. What "toys" does GNR have besides the light show? I've owned both too. Going back to what I said before, the IP from Disney might be so expensive, it may not be cost effective for JJP to even bother with a Standard on this one. I think people want an $9K option and JJPs just can't get their BOM wise. You really think they don't want to sell machines?

Most people got wonka and g@r le for 9500..

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe you missed GNR? The band involvement and “assets” will never be better.

So True, they knocked it out of the park with GnR; that pin is amazing

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Sooo over today......what could have been amazing.......is just meh
[quoted image]

Looking forward to your TS mod concepts

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Looking forward to your TS mod concepts

On it......

20220614_145031 (resized).jpg20220614_145031 (resized).jpg
#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe they are looking at these Stern LEs selling in the secondary market and thinking if a Munsters LE just went for $17k maybe Toy Story is worth $15k?
JP, Elvira, Stranger Things, Godzilla, Deadpool, Batman66, Iron Maiden, Munsters, Ghostbusters, MB, AFM, MM etc what am I missing? All $15k plus.
When you get enough people whining about price that’s when you know you’ve probably squeezed out most of the flipper crowd
Too much supply at higher prices will eventually cause some “Demand destruction”
What’s next for Stern LEs? $12,500?

All of your examples are top 20 games that have 1/2 (or less) as many LEs made (except GZ which is *the* #1 game).

Toy Story CE is 2x as many games made and will probably settle outside the top 20.

It honestly looks like a fun game - I think the major gripe is that it costs $4.5k more than a GZLE did at launch...and all you get for that is a shooter rod and topper. Jack's original vision of "putting as much as possible" into a pinball is dead and that makes a lot of us sad.

#3607 1 year ago

We are all arguing a moot point .. either you bought one or you didn’t . Time will tell if it’s a hit and if the value holds up . For now JJP wins .

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

On it......
[quoted image]

Stop.

Just stop.

#3609 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Zach is great. Amazing guy. I’m in Canada and can not even buy from him, but he still takes time to chat with me and answer some questions because he loves the hobby.
Richard

I'll 5th that. Zach has been nothing but straight forward and honest with me. He's gone out of his way for me many times including offering to completely disassemble his brand new Godzilla LE for a part mine was missing. It would have been a major pain for him to do but he offered. Best distributor I've ever used. Honorable mention to the old days buying pins with Jack at Pinballsales. He's was great too

#3610 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

No excuses. They are professionals, and should understand that when you are charging 12k for a pin, pinball buyers expect more, not less than last time.
It’s a business, we are the customers, they need to listen to these criticisms and make better on the next go round.

Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed the original movies with my boys, but I don't know sh about TS4. So I wasn't interested really. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the 30 minute video with Pat. The problem for me is, I just bought DP premium AND have GZ premium on the way. Both UNDER 10k shipped to my door. The $12-13k price point is absolutely brutal. Match Stern's current pricing or at least get close and.. well.. it could be a cool addition to a collection.

#3611 1 year ago

So it begins

02A1C291-F0FB-41E1-9A09-6AE1AA5D20E9 (resized).png02A1C291-F0FB-41E1-9A09-6AE1AA5D20E9 (resized).png
#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

All of your examples are top 20 games that have 1/2 (or less) as many LEs made (except GZ which is *the* #1 game).
Toy Story CE is 2x as many games made and will probably settle outside the top 20.
It honestly looks like a fun game - I think the major gripe is that it costs $4.5k more than a GZLE did at launch...and all you get for that is a shooter rod and topper. Jack's original vision of "putting as much as possible" into a pinball is dead and that makes a lot of us sad.

Other new pinball machines are just way too cheap, if it’s possible to flip them for profit.

If people pay $12k for a GZ Premium because Stern can’t build them fast enough (!), then it’s simply dumb for JJP (or Stern their GZ) to sell their TS4 for less and you get a mediocre (but solid) TS4 for $12k.

If these barren JJP TS4 somehow sell for $17k (LE) and $20k+ (CE) on pinside, the next mediocre JJP pinball machine will start at $17k. That’s where the market apparently is.

#3613 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I really want to see you keep your CE and take that 15k+ hit. Then I will truly appreciate what you’re saying. I hope we don’t see it on the MP soon ; )

Oh come on now delt31 - You should know me better than that. I'll put the over/under at 6 months for me. I don't ever hold onto games. I think the oldest game in my collection is 4-5 months old right now.

Variety is the spice of life to me. I like to try out every new game that comes out, if I can. I recently sold my AC/DC Luci that I actually had for four years. That's the longest I've ever owned a game. I think I told my league at my house a few weeks ago that I'd be buried in that game...lol!

I am also very money minded. I try not to be, but I get that from my dad. So I always look at the money side of the equation when I'm buying a game.

I don't look at Toy Story CE as $15,000. I only look at my potential loss when I sell it, because I know I WILL sell it at some point. My best guess is this game may have a $3000 swing. For better or for worse. So yeah, I'm cool with spending $3,000 on this game. I'm also cool with making $3000 on the game if it swings that way.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Other new pinball machines are just way too cheap, if it’s possible to flip them for profit.
If people pay $12k for a GZ Premium because Stern can’t build them fast enough (!), then it’s simply dumb for JJP (or Stern) to sell them for less and you get a mediocre (but solid) TS4 for $12k.
If these barren JJP TS4 somehow sell for $17k (LE) and $20k+ (CE) on pinside, the next mediocre JJP pinball machine will start at $17k. That’s where the market apparently is.

Actually.. as Stern catches up on production, their sub $10k pins will outsell $13k TS4 for a while. Bad timing for JJP especially if Bond is good and pricepoint stays put at Stern.

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I'll 5th that. Zach has been nothing but straight forward and honest with me. He's gone out of his way for me many times including offering to completely disassemble his brand new Godzilla LE for a part mine was missing. It would have been a major pain for him to do but he offered. Best distributor I've ever used. Honorable mention to the old days buying pins with Jack at Pinballsales. He's was great too

I couldn’t agree more. Zach is an asset to our community.

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You can’t say it won’t land in the top 5. It might end up at 50. We will see

The point is that GZLE and many other Stern LEs, some with LESS in them now sell for $15k plus

And Jack’s original vision? Is why I got back into pinball and bought a WOZ with the spinning house, witch toy, monkey mech, crystal ball, two upper pfs etc.

WOZ currently sits at #38 in the rankings, right or wrong? I like mine but …

And Munsters currently sits at #101.

So the market is what it is now and others constantly like to say, “Pinside is just a very small part of the pinball hobby these days”

Apparently that’s true. A lot of folks with a lot of $$$ outside of here don’t seem to care about the pricing of ANY games new or used

#3617 1 year ago

Don’t know who is currently running JJP but the initial vision and mission of JJP, at least the one I was lured to wait 3+ years on my disappointing TH machine, has nothing to do with their current products and this release. Unfortunately JJP is still claiming: “Craftsmanship and Innovation” with machines that “are playable works of art that are built to last and mark unique milestones in the history of the game”. For me TS4 is a reminder of the TH disappointment…

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can’t say it won’t land in the top 5. It might end up at 50. We will see
The point is that GZLE and many other Stern LEs, some with LESS in them now sell for $15k plus

Well, I can say it probably will be in the top 50 - top 5? Not likely.

I see your point about price, but you may have missed mine about quantity. There are 1/2 as many JP, StrTh, GotG, EHoH, etc LEs than TSCEs. That makes a huge difference! Maybe you are thinking that the top 10 Stern LEs are undervalued in the market???

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Well, I can say it probably will be in the top 50 - top 5? Not likely.
I see your point about price, but you may have missed mine about quantity. There are 1/2 as many JP, StrTh, GotG, EHoH, etc LEs than TSCEs. That makes a huge difference! Maybe you are thinking that the top 10 Stern LEs are undervalued in the market???

Not in today’s market. GZLE is 1,000 and in huge demand. It’s a great game.

I don’t think people care about the “quantity” anymore. That’s why DICE sells for what it does.

There are just a whole lot more buyers that came into the market the past few years to soak up the availability.

Even unlimited premiums are going for well over msrp

There are how many CCRLEs? I have one coming but can’t remember. 1,250?

If they priced Toy Story at $12,500 there would have been flipper brawls all over the place looking to get $15k or more.

At some point, maybe in the coming recession, it’s going to hit a wall.

And let’s not forget the 200 Elvira 40th that went for $25k

Not saying I like it. It is what it is for now.

#3620 1 year ago

Let’s not forget how many buyable pins there were in 20-21 .We’re on 2.5 for 22.These company’s still have a ton of overhead so I understand the “pay to play “ aspect .Just saying .Trade war is here for some time unfortunately .Enjoy what you have or pay the man .

#3621 1 year ago

I was impressed with what I saw. The more I watched the videos and the gameplay the more impressed I became. It looks like it’s should be a good shooter like wonka. I love how my Wonka shoots and the rules. If toy story shoots well has good code and is fun like wonka then I am in. LE only for me as price is bananas in Canada haha.

#3622 1 year ago

Maybe JJP spent too much time on pinside with the flippers frenzy we had for 2 years. Some people might have paid a lot for some games because of the FOMO but it's not the majority and this will not last. A few years ago JJP were all about bringing competition and innovation. Looks like they just priced themselves out with this one. $12000 is a lot of money. Not so much innovation and clearly charging more than any other.

Keep thinking an SE model could have save this one.

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Question for all those that have had a lot of hands on with past Lawlor JJP games, which is his best shooting game (ignoring theme) talking just the shots here… wonka? Dialled in?

Dialed in, by a long shot.

#3625 1 year ago

It's a beautiful pin and looks to be fun to shoot, but no assets from Toy Story 1 and 2 is a deal killer for me. It's a bummer because like everyone else, I've been looking forward to Toy Story for several years. That's OK because I'm now waiting for JJP's "Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach" in 2025.

#3626 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Keep thinking an SE model could have save this one.

So no jump ramp & troll pop up, smaller LCD for like 9k?
Ouch.

#3627 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I do hear you, but this is all opinion. I get what people are complaining about, but that doesn't dismiss the people who disagree and are excited for this title.
Everything you said is your opinion that, yes others may share, but not everyone. Everyone has different speed when it comes to Pinball, which makes it great. I have enough standard great "shooter" machines, it's nice to mix it up. Every machine isn't a tournament pin. Everything doesn't need to be an Elwin style pin to be good. Again, in my opinion... I mean my favorite pin is The Hobbit for heavens sake. *shrug*
Also, where are you getting off comparing Toy Story to Star Wars Pro...lol? I can't even comment on that, considering the ridiculousness of the comparison. Toy Story has twice as much going on than SW Pro - or Premium.
Lastly, people keep saying $15K, the game isn't $15K. The game "for the masses" is $12K...it is $1K more than GNR & Wonka. I'm sorry, but I don't see how Toy Story is any worse than those. What "toys" does GNR have besides the light show? I've owned both too. Going back to what I said before, the IP from Disney might be so expensive, it may not be cost effective for JJP to even bother with a Standard on this one. I think people want an $9K option and JJPs just can't get there BOM wise. You really think they don't want to sell machines?

Appreciate the input. You sound very easy going and appear to be OK with spending 12k+ on it. If you feel that's money well spent, more power to you. The game not having nearly as much as what they did in their earlier games (WoZ, Hobbit) - that's a fact, not an opinion though. Star wars pro reference was not me - I was responding to someone else who made the comparison. I think it's ridiculous as well.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Oh come on now delt31 - You should know me better than that. I'll put the over/under at 6 months for me. I don't ever hold onto games. I think the oldest game in my collection is 4-5 months old right now.
Variety is the spice of life to me. I like to try out every new game that comes out, if I can. I recently sold my AC/DC Luci that I actually had for four years. That's the longest I've ever owned a game. I think I told my league at my house a few weeks ago that I'd be buried in that game...lol!
I am also very money minded. I try not to be, but I get that from my dad. So I always look at the money side of the equation when I'm buying a game.
I don't look at Toy Story CE as $15,000. I only look at my potential loss when I sell it, because I know I WILL sell it at some point. My best guess is this game may have a $3000 swing. For better or for worse. So yeah, I'm cool with spending $3,000 on this game. I'm also cool with making $3000 on the game if it swings that way.

haha - I do know you! Hence my message! You're like me when I first started in this hobby in 2015. I used to move games in a matter of weeks, trying to experience them all. I'm getting too old for that now so things stay here much longer and quite frankly I've seen them all, some multiple times! Good stuff NightTrain

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

It's a beautiful pin and looks to be fun to shoot, but no assets from Toy Story 1 and 2 is a deal killer for me. It's a bummer because like everyone else, I've been looking forward to Toy Story for several years. That's OK because I'm now waiting for JJP's "Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach" in 2025.

Serious question. Why are the assets a deal breaker?

We are here to make pinball shots and achieve pinball goals, right? Not to watch the movie.

#3629 1 year ago

Definitely not for me. I could list 12,000 reasons why, but in the end I found one positive thing to say. At least JJP finally got rid of the artwork under the posts.

#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Toy Story has twice as much going on than SW Pro - or Premium.

To be fair @ over twice the price. Of course that doesn't equate to fun, SW is great & this could be as well.

Quoted from zaphX:

We are here to make pinball shots and achieve pinball goals, right? Not to watch the movie.

Ha funny, those days are long over sadly.
Just like people canceling music pins becasue it doesn't include the songs they want.

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To be fair @ over twice the price

To be actually fair, 2017 Star Wars Premium adjusted to 2022 dollars is $13,678.

Makes $12k Toy Story LE that comes stock with invisiglass and a shaker (~$400 extra on Stern) look like a bargain, eh?

#3632 1 year ago

I like that we live in an era of several pinball manufacturers co-existing. There has been some serious competition in the last few years. I have never made any qualms about it...I like JJP. I own 2. I will have to say, however, that this pin seems to be quite underwhelming at face value.

-I was hoping for all the Toy Storys combined, but it's only TS4.

-I thought this would be an INCREDIBLE opportunity to showcase a 'world under glass'...but they seemed to have failed.

-I wished there would have been pins at 3 price points since we all know prices were going up and some people would be left out...but there are only 2 high end prices (12k and 15k....which is now turning into an auction for any potential buyers)

I will speak with my money and not order one. The price vs. quality/entertainment is really insane in pinball right now.

#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Really? Or sarcasm?

I really thought it was a very high quality advertisement. For the price of these things it should be.

#3634 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

To be actually fair, 2017 Star Wars Premium adjusted to 2022 dollars is $13,852.
Makes $12k Toy Story LE that comes stock with invisiglass and a shaker (~$400 extra on Stern) look like a bargain, eh?

We must be using diff'rent inflation numbers. My '17 Pro cost 6150ish in '22 dollars lets call it 6600 with shaker/glass.
I'll admit number crunching is far from my strong suit though.
17 prem, even @ MSRP which wasn't a thing would be $8,573 from what I'm seeing.

#3635 1 year ago

The cake topper thing and $15 iPad are really bizarre for me. I wonder what big mech got pulled from the back left corner, and if there were licensing issues with custom sculpts

I’m in for a CE. Hope they get here by Christmas

#3636 1 year ago

Have we forgotten 2018 Beatles Diamond for around 15k? Lol

Lol well probably we have, nobody remembers that massive money grab from Stern. Let's be honest Seawitch did it better.

And as someone mentioned EHOH 40TH HAHAHA come on!?!! Are you kidding me the premium was overpriced.

Lastly what did Batman SLE ++++++++++ have for it's price tag years ago.

I'm stoked because my wife and daughter are thrilled for Toy Story and they have never been this excited. It has Buzz it has Woody there's your assets. Great you think it's overpriced and you're not buying one NEXT

Beatles are you freaking kidding me hahahaha well played Stern

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Have we forgotten 2018 Beatles Diamond for around 15k? Lol

No we didn't & no one bought it.

Quoted from Nstone4425:

Let's be honest Seawitch did it better.

As much as i hate that era Beatles, and the price tag, Beatles is a MUCH better machine than Seawitch...but a lot. And I love me some classic Sterns.

#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We must be using diff'rent inflation numbers. My Pro cost 6150ish in '22 dollars lets call it 6600 with shaker/glass.

You can't compare a Stern Pro to a JJP LE. JJP LE's are a step above Stern Premiums. Also, I was using inflation calculator to bring forward a 2017 Star Wars to 2022 dollars.

But let's do now. There's a Stern Premium Star Wars for the Aug run for $8999 + shipping (let's call it $300) add invisiglass/shaker (~400) +headphone jack ($100) and you're at $9800 for a bare "premium" pinball machine with 3 mechs (jump ramp, hyperloop, death star), no powdercoating, no camera, no bluetooth support for wireless headsets, a small monitor and a tiny screen.

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't compare a Stern Pro to a JJP LE. JJP LE's are a step above Stern Premiums.

Not anymore...

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't compare a Stern Pro to a JJP LE.

Yes I understand the levels but I'm responding directly to him that mentioned a pro & Premium SW.

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

The cake topper thing and $15 iPad are really bizarre for me. I wonder what big mech got pulled from the back left corner, and if there were licensing issues with custom sculpts

I’m in for a CE. Hope they get here by Christmas

Why make custom sculpts when existing toys already work perfectly? I get it if they're shitty quality but those toys all look top notch. I do question the giant screen though. For the way they heavily leaned on the carnival stuff, a carousel would have been a perfect center-piece though instead of a video screen.

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Assets are what separate an $8K dialed in from a $12K TS. You can shoot pinball shots and achieve pinball goals on both. Hell, I can achieve pinball goals on a $500 EM.

#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Assets are what separate an $8K dialed in from a $12K TS. You can shoot pinball shots and achieve pinball goals on both. Hell, I can achieve pinball goals on a $500 EM.

Or a whitewood

#3644 1 year ago

I know! Let's use CAR-GUMENTS for inflation oh wait the math is even more insane these days

Seems to be a slippery... Hill? "If people can afford an 8k toy then can afford 10k, 12k, 15k..."

Kaneda was right.

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Not anymore...

That's ridiculous. You may be disappointed at what Pat delivered, but look at the bottom of a Toy Story LE playfield (I'll take a picture for you when it gets here) and compare it to any current Stern Premium. JJP has an obviously MUCH higher BOM. Not even close. Then if you drill down to quality of cabinet wood and other places Stern has cheaped out with "hidden" cost-cutting and JJP still has the upper hand.

The only negative from the BOM perspective is JJP's continued association with Mirco while his playfields continue to fail in the field machine after machine. HOWEVER, the GnR I got in Sept has been rock solid, so maybe that's finally fixed for good? We'll see...

#3646 1 year ago

Gas prices, food, new and used cars, Housing etc etc.

Maybe $15k is a bargain in this “new normal” we are living in. That’s what I’m telling myself

Shhhh, don’t tell Stern that Inflation is out of control

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gas prices, food, new and used cars, Housing etc etc.
Maybe $15k is a bargain in this “new normal” we are living in. That’s what I’m telling myself

Maybe so...and remember that is for the CE. The 12K for an LE almost makes sense. (OMG, what the hell did I just say!)

#3648 1 year ago

Whoops, I was WAY off on the Toy Story 4 10" playfield screen. I assumed it would be 1920x1080 IPS (for good viewing angles) at about $35-40 in quantity. It's actually a $10 in quantity 1024x600 TFT panel.

Also that cover over the left ramp hides a coil magnet-operated diverter.

#3649 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whoops, I was WAY off on the Toy Story 4 playfield screen. I assumed it would be 1920x1080 IPS (for good viewing angles) at about $35-40 in quantity. It's actually a $10 in quantity 1024x600 TFT panel.

Goes along with the heavy investment in the cake toppers. :/

#3650 1 year ago

I'm pretty new here but I've been collecting pinball machines off and on for a long time. Other than the prices and people buying just to flip for profit I LOVE where pinball is at right now and how many companies are making tables. FREAKING LOVE IT. I was so hyped for Toy Story but thought I would throw in my two cents why I'm holding off.

I'm a big theme/story guy, the original Toy Story has so much heart and soul, and like others have said I'm sure there are licensing reasons why this had to be a Toy Story 4 pin, but I've watched all of the videos and to me this feels like a carnival theme with some Toy Story characters thrown in. Imagine if they did a world under glass approach using Andy's bedroom to connect it more to the story of Andy and his toys. I'm sure the carnival thing will be fun, and I know it's part of the 4th movie, but it seems like a waste of the overall theme.

That 10" screen, for me, just takes up too much of the playfield. We already have the giant 27" screen did we really need a 10" screen eating up playfield real estate? That upper left area could have had some really cool interactive toy or challenging shot/mech/etc.

Price....nothing to say that hasn't already been said. $12k starting point seems a little crazy to me, but the market dictates what these companies can charge. I got my Godzilla Premium for $9k and I can't imagine I would get $3k more enjoyment from a TS4 LE.

That's basically it, obviously just my opinions. And of course I will still play this table when I see one, and I hope it proves me totally wrong and I buy one immediately because I love it so much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/73?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.