(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 121.
#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

All I'm saying is 2 equally attractive games will pull in similar money but if you can say buy 2 Godzillas for 1 Toy Story your return on investment could be double.
It's about effective use of capital and I would argue that $12000 pins aren't the most effective use of capital unless they are getting played substantially more.
Down time I totally get!!

There are other effects besides the game’s individual earning too. If you run a pinball spot and are the only one to have the game in your area… it is a location draw. It will bring players to your spot just looking for that game because they want to experience it.

So it will boost other games… a halo game. Obviously this effect is not something you do on every game - but highlights reasoning beyond simple ‘it can get a Godzilla for 1/3 less’ or whatever.

Kind of why we have a big lebowski on route even though it costs 2x what another game costs.

Obviously all this logic relies on the game being a draw to players.

We will be putting a toy story on location

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I don’t think it’s decent to only release information after they sold out of 15k CEs with non refundable deposits. That trend in pinball needs to stop.

Yeah - sucky and totally within their control

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That big screen is meant as a distraction so that you don't see the missing playfield mechs...
I miss the old JJP.

I hate to admit this but I totally agree. I’m not going to pile on TS because it looks okay but spending 15k on a pin should get you more. When Hobbit came out it was 8500-9000. Unreal it’s almost double now

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I had three distributors call me today to see if I wanted a CE.
I understand the hype train but something smells funny on this release.

Any insight into who? I spent a few hours checking around with no luck... LE no problem, CE no happening right now...

#3505 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

This CE outside of maybe DI. Literally has the least amount of features. Its close with Wonka But Wonka has the Super Physical Ball lock mech. This has zero gameplay changes.

Jjp games have generally always been the same game play. Recently wonka and gnr broke that trend. So back to same game play isn’t that shocking.

It’s ironic that this is the point so many bag on stern for…. Yet so many then bag on lack of differences. No way to win

#3506 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone who bought from JJP.....did your card get charged? I have the confirmation email and the order shows up in my account but nothing on my credit card yet.

No charge here yet either

#3507 1 year ago

Would be in for an Is It Cake? CE

#3508 1 year ago

Not sure what other distributors have been quoting, but I was quoted $16,500 for a CE, so after tax that is $18,150. I had to decline. Bananas.

#3509 1 year ago

Are LEs shipping out right away? Does anyone have confirmation from any dealers?

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone who bought from JJP.....did your card get charged? I have the confirmation email and the order shows up in my account but nothing on my credit card yet.

Quoted from Sunsfan23:

No charge here yet either

No charge yet either. So I think you are safe if we are all experiencing that.

#3511 1 year ago

Has anyone done a TS4 to Wonka side by side? The more I watch gameplay the more similarities I see. If Wonka was indeed originally toy story it would make a lot of sense.

#3512 1 year ago

Folks checking the Toy Story threads this evening after a long days work.

vh7kfieq7mv51 (resized).pngvh7kfieq7mv51 (resized).png
#3513 1 year ago

I think I'm... relieved? The price point plus the focus on just the fourth movie isnt enough to sell me.

#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Are LEs shipping out right away? Does anyone have confirmation from any dealers?

Some LEs are going out to buyers this week. Dunno how many, but they've been building them for just over 2 months (production start picture was 4-11-22). At the usual JJP rate of 50/week, that's at least 400 pins made already, but I don't know how many went overseas for launch.

#3515 1 year ago

Am I the only one that thinks of this when they say the objective is to play Carousel?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Am I the only one that thinks of this when they say the objective is to play Carousel?
[quoted image]

Haha. The only way to win carousel is not to play...

logans-run-recycling.giflogans-run-recycling.gif
#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

#jjp-toy-story-4-le is my first NIB pinball purchase; so I have no idea how the process goes. I too ordered direct from JJP and got an email confirming that they received my request; but my card hasn't been charged yet. Email just states: "Thank you for shopping at Jersey Jack Pinball. Your order no. ###-SO###### has been received." Going to the online shop, it just says "Status: Pending Fulfillment"

Anyone order from JJP directly before? What steps in the process were there and when/how were you informed about your specific game, date, and delivery details?

#3518 1 year ago

It's not totally jjp fault with the direction they have went with increased prices and putting less in the games. Untill people stop buying instantly and paying stupid prices to the flippers jjp will continue to push the envelope on how far they can push prices up and continue to strip the pins down . This isn't just jjp doing this. There are to many pins coming out and newer companies making nice looking stuff for much lower prices.... so stop instantly buying everything especially for 15k+ with 1k ce editions.

#3519 1 year ago

The promo video was very well done!

Guessing they couldn't get the trilogy for some reason and thought "well, as long as it says Toy Story..." Guess they were right!

#3520 1 year ago

Heard 500 le' s were produced allready

#3521 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

The promo video was very well done!

Really? Or sarcasm?

#3522 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It's not totally jjp fault with the direction they have went with increased prices and putting less in the games. Untill people stop buying instantly and paying stupid prices to the flippers jjp will continue to push the envelope on how far they can push prices up and continue to strip the pins down . This isn't just jjp doing this. There are to many pins coming out and newer companies making nice looking stuff for much lower prices.... so stop instantly buying everything especially for 15k+ with 1k ce editions.

Two wrongs...

"Hey if I don't do it, someone else will".

#3523 1 year ago

One positive that I think is universally recognized is the work of JP DeWin. With every JJP release that is one of the main things I can't wait to see. IMO he is the gold standard in pinball animation and this looks just as great and polished.

#3524 1 year ago

I thought all the comments about slot machine sounds in the game were exaggerations. Just watched the Joe Katz game demo and… wow. It reminds me of Circus Circus in Vegas

The music integration and rest of the sound package is great, though. The sling and pop bumper sounds are cool.

#3525 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There are other effects besides the game’s individual earning too. If you run a pinball spot and are the only one to have the game in your area… it is a location draw. It will bring players to your spot just looking for that game because they want to experience it.
So it will boost other games… a halo game. Obviously this effect is not something you do on every game - but highlights reasoning beyond simple ‘it can get a Godzilla for 1/3 less’ or whatever.
Kind of why we have a big lebowski on route even though it costs 2x what another game costs.
Obviously all this logic relies on the game being a draw to players.
We will be putting a toy story on location

I would definitely travel to play a TS4 so I catch your drift.

Sadly not many "pinball" places around me so most local pins are just part of an arcade or in a movie theater.

#3526 1 year ago

Question for all those that have had a lot of hands on with past Lawlor JJP games, which is his best shooting game (ignoring theme) talking just the shots here… wonka? Dialled in?

#3527 1 year ago

I have both - both shoot great. SIM card shot on DI is rough I’d give it to Wonka but it’s a hard call.

Quoted from J85M:

Question for all those that have had a lot of hands on with past Lawlor JJP games, which is his best shooting game (ignoring theme) talking just the shots here… wonka? Dialled in?

#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone who bought from JJP.....did your card get charged? I have the confirmation email and the order shows up in my account but nothing on my credit card yet.<

Same here. So, I called them today. Novel approach I know. They said they will run credit card deposits tomorrow/Thur. CE likely ships in the fall.

#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

And this is why I am team Greg. I have watched all the SDTM videos multiple times. Greg calls it real. I often get a salesman feeling with Zach and his justifications of shortcomings, but still like his input. Greg is the one who always reigns Zach's comments to a reality I can handle. That is why they work so great together both as information and entertainment.

Totally respect the opinion (seriously). I don't get that vibe with Zach to be honest. I do think he's just more open to different things in a way. For example likes the hobbit, didn't kill halloween (so maybe I'm biased I own both lol). He's not a spooky dealer either so. Agree good team and same with him and Dennis. It's all good. These outlets help the hobby and give me more stuff to chew on!

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is a $15k product. We’re allowed to share our opinions, and those who worked on it shouldn’t take it personally. They did their jobs & got paid. They’re not entitled to positive feedback or reviews. Artists must always deal with the visceral reaction from their audience. Either accept it or ignore it. It’s not “hate”

Like I mentioned, no one has played it yet. I never said don’t have an opinion. I just said people should be decent.

#3531 1 year ago

I’m really torn over this. I’ve been waiting years since the rumor leak for this ONE game. TS4 was just ok, as my love and nostalgia lie in part 1-2, maybe some of 3. I almost bought into the fomo hype last week and tried to get a CE spot. Turned out I’m so happy I didn’t. Sight unseen is a joke!! So happy the images leaked earlier than order banks, and gave me time to slow down and process some thoughts.

TS4 is the worst of the series, and has zero nostalgic tie to most of us.

Most of our favorite characters aren’t even a real part of the movie or game(Rex, potato head, army men, pig, etc).

No real magic is seen in this game(new mechs).

Price is way too much for this. (It literally has cake toppers for the figures) sigh!

CE offers pretty much nothing worth much other than a cool topper.

Feels like the lcd has become the focal point in a lot of newer games rather than kinetic toys

Game feels more like a toy than a premium game we’re used to at jjp (maybe I’ll feel different in person).

Most of all, as much love and excitement I had for this title, I shouldn’t have this much confusion on what to think. It should have been an absolute for me.

That said, the game looks beautiful as usual, the code will probably be good, it’s probably a fun game (which is most important), and I can now sit back, relax, no fomo, and just watch how the game unfolds before I decide to buy. It’s actually a relief not getting caught up in the fomo hype. Congrats to jjp and team for a good looking game, getting what looks like great assets and callouts. Even though it’s not what I was hoping for, I’m willing to give it a reasonable chance and consider getting one down the road.

#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Next week for me.

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

My thoughts on the matter...I think it's a missed opportunity.

That being said, I do admit that it does look fun. But is it worth the price tag and only having the fourth film? Only time will tell.

what is it with these YouTube clowns youtoobin' their reply - just stop.

#3534 1 year ago

Operation pinball distributor in Iowa just now. What a joke. Seriously

FDAB72E5-CA0E-43AB-A78F-0C2086AE7B27 (resized).pngFDAB72E5-CA0E-43AB-A78F-0C2086AE7B27 (resized).png

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

70 pages and still no coil count?!?

24 - 70 volt coils. 5 - 20 volt coils. 12 volt motor, relay, and light table 8.

According to page 187 in the manual . Which you can download from jjp's website under Support - Downloads - Toy Story.

LTG : )

#3536 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

Without question it was well done. It’s sad to read so much hate. People I’m sure worked really hard on this game and poured their hearts into it to make it special while a bunch of folks who haven’t played it bash it. This game is expensive, but being decent doesn’t cost a thing.

People work really, really hard on movie juggernauts by companies like Disney, that are also open to criticism by viewers that are significantly cheaper than this game.

People have a right to vote with their mouths and wallets, when they feel a product not worthy of their cash is jacked up for seemingly no valid reasons other than profit.

People here, many, considered adding this to their coveted collections and home spaces, taking savings and efforts in doing so.

Practicing smart consumerism makes BETTER products for all.

Personally, I tried to turn this turd burglar of a day upside down, by opening and setting up my new Steam Deck, which so far is a spectacular consumer product, can provide endless enjoyment for years and years for me at a much cheaper price, and ironically allow me to play "better" versions of video pinball than what's up on that 10" LCD via Zen Pinball, Zacarria, and Pinball Arcade. The best of Lawlor, all the while avoiding 12K overpriced stinkers!

#3537 1 year ago

Me thinks the $11k GnRs are going to sell out pretty quick now. Lots of unhappy TS fans.

#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Heard 500 le' s were produced allready

Nice...that means I'll start seeing LE's for sale here locally (at a discount)

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Me thinks the $11k GnRs are going to sell out pretty quick now. Lots of unhappy TS fans.

Think of the value a Wonka CE is right now.

#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Here to remind the NON-haters that it still has mirco garbage playfields. So it's still garbage.

seriously? is that confirmed?

Watching the videos it looks like they've tried to create a deadpool like game. Not too deep, quick smash and grab type code but it really lacks cohesion. JJP games rely too much on screens with all sorts of crap bouncing about on them that I never see unless I'm watching them on Youtube. The flippers looks better than any other JJP game I've seen so that could be something to hope on. Not a huge number of pinball moments like when the ball hits the katana or the building drops in GZ.

It does look like a lot of hard work went into this but as Pat once said, not every game is a winner and it looks like this hit some sort of BOM limit.

#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Totally respect the opinion (seriously). I don't get that vibe with Zach to be honest. I do think he's just more open to different things in a way. For example likes the hobbit, didn't kill halloween (so maybe I'm biased I own both lol). He's not a spooky dealer either so. Agree good team and same with him and Dennis. It's all good. These outlets help the hobby and give me more stuff to chew on!

Just wanted to say that when I placed an order with Zach about 6 months ago, he actually down-sold me on some stuff he didn’t think would be useful, which cost him some revenue (and saved me money). So I don’t get that vibe from Zach either.

He probably has a subconscious bias, but, heck, we all do.

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

This CE outside of maybe DI. Literally has the least amount of features. Its close with Wonka But Wonka has the Super Physical Ball lock mech. This has zero gameplay changes.

Wonka LE / CE has the following primary mechs. There's not only more of them as a whole but they are also significantly more mechanical and substantial compared to those in Toy Story. The toy offering on Toy Story just feels weak by comparison. Hell all of the main mechs in Toy Story are pop up devices...

1. Spinning gobstopper
2. Rotating gobstopper hole
3. Wonkavision
4. Wonkavator super physical ball lock
5. Kickback
6. 6 magnets under the playfield (not counting the others which stop / divert the ball
7. Subway

Toy Story LE / CE

1. Popup jump target
2. Popup posts
3. Popup troll mech
4. Kickback
5. iPad, I mean 10" LCD

#3543 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Just wanted to say that when I placed an order with Zach about 6 months ago, he actually down-sold me on some stuff he didn’t think would be useful, which cost him some revenue (and saved me money). So I don’t get that vibe from Zach either.

I second this post. Zach works his ass off and is great for the hobby. He also needs to make a living. I think he does an awesome job balancing the competing interests of being a distributor and being an enthusiast. If he wasn’t around, the pinball hobby wouldn’t be what it is.

#3544 1 year ago

^
Toy Story has a spinning disc.

#3545 1 year ago

I can’t wait to spell Forky, those targets are sweet

#3546 1 year ago

So, next week, does JJP ship TS4 with finished code or will it be a year or more before the code is finished/polished (like Stern does it)?

#3547 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I second this post. Zach works his ass off and is great for the hobby. He also needs to make a living. I think he does an awesome job balancing the competing interests of being a distributor and being an enthusiast. If he wasn’t around, the pinball hobby wouldn’t be what it is.

Zach is great. Amazing guy. I’m in Canada and can not even buy from him, but he still takes time to chat with me and answer some questions because he loves the hobby.

Richard

#3548 1 year ago

Yeah Zach you really killed it on the video. High end production I’m sure was many many hrs to do.

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:So, next week, does JJP ship TS4 with finished code or will it be a year or more before the code is finished/polished (like Stern does it)?

I may be wrong but I think it’s shipped with full code! Not saying there won’t be some changes or polish but I’m pretty certain it’s a 1.0

#3550 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wonka.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 35.00
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/71?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.