(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 121.
#3201 1 year ago

So it's obvious they didn't get all the assets to feature Buzz/Woody ect.

So now we can listen Jack say his blah blah lines about licensing. So then don't do the game ! I would think everyone would expect assets from the classic TS movies.

I love JJP, but this game is a turn off to me..I showed my 7yr old son and he said it looked like a little girls game...lol...

For 12 grand it an easy pass for me.

#3202 1 year ago

But back to TS4...not arguing whether it could be fun. But it's the price and lack of mechanisms, or even shots, drop targets, etc.

#3203 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

But back to TS4...not arguing whether it could be fun. But it's the price and lack of mechanisms, or even shots, drop targets, etc.

100%

#3204 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Etch-A-Sketch is not a Disney-owned property. It is owned by Rose Art.
To use Etch-A-Sketch would require Disney to relicense it from Rose Art, then sell that license to us.

That's not necessarily true. It entirely depends on the specifics of their particular deal with Mattel. (Not Rose Art) Only in the last year did Rose-Art regain freedom and separate from it's parent company Mattel. And if that deal was relatively open-ended with it's merchandise usage...it would not require a relicense.

#3205 1 year ago

It was said on the video that the main toy is the pop up ramp...The main toy on a $12k - $15k pinball machine is a 2"x2" plastic pop up ramp?! Wow.

The more I read and hear about the ruleset the more I like that part of the game. However, it's the game being based only off the 4th film, having 4 in the title, and the giant tablet versus more mechanical toys that is preventing from moving forward with a purchase at this time.

#3206 1 year ago

Hearing Ken Cromwell say that no corners were cut when making this game really is sickening to hear. I get he's the marketing guy but Ken, GTFO. Seriously? No corners were cut yet we have this ultra barren playfield with toy story figures glued to the PF? And you're charging 15k? Oh the TPN shilling on this game is going to be through the roof. I hope I'm wrong and there is some honest feedback b/c I don't care if this game shoots like a dream - no one can be that happy when it's TS4 and stripped even worse than wonka. And now you're charging 12k to get in!

Just remember this when buying games from these guys in the future. It's one thing to try and sell a product - I get it but to take it to this level and say how this game is super innovative b/c there is a jump ramp and a big ipad which was an obvious cost cutting play, makes me really lose respect for these people. There is a better more balanced way to handle it than basically telling your customers you think we're idiots - buy buy buy at 15k.

I'm exciting to play any new pinball and this will be no diff but this is a new low for JJP. You're going backwards from what you set out to do AND you're charging more.

#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Yeah they hid them. I was reading tbem before they pulled em. People were saying the same thing they were here. Nothing new.

I don’t think the pulled them. We are having trouble with our YouTube comments as well!!!

#3208 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I would buy a TBL at similar coin long before this and I haven't bought Lebowski because of the crazy cost.

Would love a Lebowski but it's not happening either and that's ok.

Honestly I'm thrilled to own just Stern Pros. Hobby doesn't need to be crazy $$ to have fun.

#3209 1 year ago

It is clearly the (future) OWNER'S FAULT that they couldn't get more Woody and Buzz in the game. They are pretty minor characters in the Toy Story series anyways.

Forky is superior

#3210 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hearing Ken Cromwell say that no corners were cut when making this game really is sickening to hear. I get he's the marketing guy but Ken, GTFO. Seriously? No corners were cut yet we have this ultra barren playfield with toy story figures glued to the PF? And you're charging 15k? Oh the TPN shilling on this game is going to be through the roof. I hope I'm wrong and there is some honest feedback b/c I don't care if this game shoots like a dream - no one can be that happy when it's TS4 and stripped even worse than wonka.
Just remember this when buying games from these guys in the future. It's one thing to try and sell a product - I get it but to take it to this level and say how this game is super innovative b/c there is a jump ramp and a big ipad which was an obvious cost cutting play, makes me really lose respect for these people. There is a better more balanced way to handle it than basically telling your customers you think we're idiots - buy buy buy at 15k.

Don't forget Pat...once again...expressing how this is cutting edge tech!

And Pat Van Winkle also welcomed us to the 21st century, 22 years after it started..!

#3211 1 year ago

Looks like a fun shooter .I swore off buying NIB JJPs n am sticking to it .Congrats to all who have waited for this .Best wishes I’ll just Exit stage left

#3212 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hearing Ken Cromwell say that no corners were cut when making this game really is sickening to hear. I get he's the marketing guy but Ken, GTFO. Seriously? No corners were cut yet we have this ultra barren playfield with toy story figures glued to the PF? And you're charging 15k? Oh the TPN shilling on this game is going to be through the roof.

Greg will give his classic B+, Zach will give it an A-.

I find it sorta strange that Zach feels that we cannot see through his agenda. He must feel, somehow, superior in inteligence to the rest of us. I find it a little sad and offputting.

#3213 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Don't forget Pat...once again...expressing how this is cutting edge tech!
And Pat Van Winkle also welcomed us to the 21st century, 22 years after it started..!

Hahah, I just came across this in the video and laughed also

#3214 1 year ago

The whole thread is a Halloween repeat. See you on the other side guys.

#3215 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:Toy Story 4 Pinball Featurette (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2022)
An in-depth look into Jersey Jack Pinball's newest pinball machine release: Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 4
Hear about the game's creation from Toy Story 4 pinball designer Pat Lawlor, programmer Joe Katz, and marketer Ken Cromwell. They discuss working with Disney-Pixar, new technologies, and key features of this instant-classic pinball machine.
Join Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Bo Peep into the world of Toy Story, under glass.

If you aren’t excited after watching how we made TS4 pinball video, check your pulse. You may be dead inside. I can’t wait.

#3216 1 year ago

No Toys Story

#3217 1 year ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

lol sold out in less than a min

Cool now you can go flip it. Oh wait, you already are trying. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137254

#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from badgerx23:

Not much to cut out of the machine to make a SE

- Remove Powdercoat
- Replace lit backboard with something more static
- Remove hotrails and replace with white lights (like GNR)
- Replace sculpted curio cabinet with something cheaper
- No Shaker
- No Invisiglass

$10,500

Other, but more complex options
- Rework ball lock to reduce mechs
- replace spinning disc with virtual version

#3219 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Greg will give his classic B+, Zach will give it an A-.
I find it sorta strange that Zach feels that we cannot see through his agenda. He must feel, somehow, superior in inteligence to the rest of us. I find it a little sad and offputting.

Awwww that’s a little harsh. Maybe pull that bag off your head. Things look a little clearer that way! I mean you haven’t even heard us talk about the game yet! Sad and off putting when your expected to shit on every game that comes out.

#3220 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My thought is that the SE model wasn't nearly as profitable as the other models, yet it takes just as long to build so it makes sense to dump it since production speed is such a big concern these days.

It's basically the same concept.. force buyers to the higher priced models to drive up your ASP and focus both demand and your resources there on the higher margin product. My point was simply that a SE now could amplify angst over the price bump too. Where if you simply hold back the SE.. and release it only if 'you need to', you do both. You drive demand to the higher priced products now AND can look like a savior by offering a lower priced alternative after the fact by 'listening to feedback'

#3221 1 year ago

Saw some questioning what the figures are from.

Seems to be cake toppers (found the others as well).

EDIT: As to not be confused as a negative opinion of the game, I do think the game looks like a lot of fun, and appears to have more than seen at a glance (though Toy Story was never a theme for me).

gndfghdhg (resized).jpggndfghdhg (resized).jpg

#3222 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Awwww that’s a little harsh. Maybe pull that bag off your head. Things look a little clearer that way! I mean you haven’t even heard us talk about the game yet! Sad and off putting when your expected to shit on every game that comes out.

Agreed. But your theme integration score should reflect what this could of and should of been...not just "how well did this game encapsulate the single Toy Story 4 film". The official title of the game is "Toy Story". Not "Toy Story 4".

#3223 1 year ago

i think it looks fun as hell. i get excited when i see the lawlor signature 5-insert arc above the flippers. i can't wait to play it.

all the curmudgeons can enjoy their grumbling and whining. maybe that's more fun than shooting a brand new lawlor game, to some. i'm just a more enjoy what i got, or do it better myself, kinda guy.

happy flippin' folks!

#3224 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

This>>> They have priced themselves out of the market.
Operators will never make any money on a $12000 machine.

Operators make money by recurring coin drop exceeding (depreciation costs+operating costs) - not by breaking even on the sale price of a game.

Buying a $12k piece of equipment and selling it for $8k two years later only costs them $4k - not $12k.

#3225 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Saw some questioning what the figures are from.
Seems to be cake toppers.
[quoted image]

My goodness, licensed Disney cake toppers on a $12k - $15k pinball machine? Well, at least there's a 10" LCD on the game right instead of a large main mechanical toy?

#3226 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Agreed. But your theme integration score should reflect what this could of and should of been...not just "how well did this game encapsulate the single Toy Story 4 film". The official title of the game is "Toy Story". Not "Toy Story 4".

And it will…………….when we review it!!!!!!! That haven’t happened yet!

#3227 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:Awwww that’s a little harsh. Maybe pull that bag off your head. Things look a little clearer that way! I mean you haven’t even heard us talk about the game yet! Sad and off putting when your expected to shit on every game that comes out.

Any idea when we'll be able to hear your thoughts on it?

#3228 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

The whole thread is a Halloween repeat. See you on the other side guys.

Actually Halloween is fun and was not $15k for the CE. And came with a lot more. So don’t even drag spooky into this mess.

#3229 1 year ago

Game looks like it will shoot well but man. They put cake toppers on the machine. Cake toppers.

#3230 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Operators make money by recurring coin drop exceeding (depreciation costs+operating costs) - not by breaking even on the sale price of a game.
Buying a $12k piece of equipment and selling it for $8k two years later only costs them $4k - not $12k.

Eh... mostly.

Here is an example.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/135292

This is the G&R SE that was on location at Ocelot. It got 3500 plays and the operator sold it for about what he paid for it after a year and a half. In that time it got about 3500 plays, so maybe $3000 in revenue if you count the free games.

But how many people drove to the building and bought beer just to play it? How many people came to league night and bough beer because of it? How many people stayed longer and bought beer because this was there?

I am under the impression coin drop on games doesn't really make much if any money. What it does do is bring people into the building who spend money on more expensive things.

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Game looks like it will shoot well but man. They put cake toppers on the machine. Cake toppers.

It's all about the toppers.

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Operators make money by recurring coin drop exceeding (depreciation costs+operating costs) - not by breaking even on the sale price of a game.

Yes but the upfront cost is almost 2 Stern Pros. There is a reason most operators don't buy premium/LEs.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Eh... mostly.
Here is an example.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/135292
This is the G&R SE that was on location at Ocelot. It got 3500 plays and the operator sold it for about what he paid for it after a year and a half. In that time it got about 3500 plays, so maybe $3000 in revenue if you count the free games.
But how many people drove to the building and bought beer just to play it? How many people came to league night and bough beer because of it? How many people stayed longer and bought beer because this was there?
I am under the impression coin drop on games doesn't really make much if any money. What it does do is bring people into the building who spend money on more expensive things.

Exactly. And I'm sure a Godzilla Pro would draw more people for almost 1/2 the cost.

#3233 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Any idea when we'll be able to hear your thoughts on it?

We filmed an initial impressions. So that should be out soon. We need some more time playing it before we actually review it though. People might not be happy with our initial impressions. After reading some of these post. I think I felt like a lot of people on here………. Until I flipped it and Joe talked me through some of the code. All I can say is I left there wanting a lot more time on that game to explore it! You get the feels of the game a little more than you think you do when you’re actually playing it. Even though it’s Toy story 4 it’s still toy story. You definitely feel that!

#3234 1 year ago

Deleted. Jumping to conclusions.

#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Actually Halloween is fun and was not $15k for the CE. And came with a lot more. So don’t even drag spooky into this mess.

Truth be told, our HWCE was just over $15K CDN so there is that but we are enjoying it. Unique and great theme for us. Code and audio/video still being developed.

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I mean...if they didn't do it modders would have

#3237 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Love my Halloween! 10k

#3238 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Wow, STDM is removing negative comments from their youtube video. Amazing

We are in no way!!!! In no way at all. As I mentioned earlier when people were saying that JJP was sensoring their comments there is something going on with YouTube. Literally all comments are turned on there is no censoring. So please… Stop. We don’t sensor-shit including your thoughts. We didn’t see any comments pop up for at least the first hour.YouTube issue not ours

#3239 1 year ago

Delete

#3240 1 year ago

I like it. It’s still Toy Story and our family loves the franchise. This looks like a hybrid type machine with a lot of things involving the big screen. I’m okay with that too.

#3241 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yes but the upfront cost is almost 2 Stern Pros. There is a reason most operators don't buy premium/LEs.

Exactly. And I'm sure a Godzilla Pro would draw more people for almost 1/2 the cost.

Godzilla Pro would absolutely bring more people in to buy Beer. However, Toy Story would bring more people in to buy pizza and attract more Birthday parties. One group has and spends alot more money though... and has transportation of their own.

#3242 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I mean...if they didn't do it modders would have

It’s just good to see that some of the larger companies are taking from Homepin’s playbook.

#3243 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Godzilla Pro would absolutely bring more people in to buy Beer. However, Toy Story would bring more people in to buy pizza and attract more Birthday parties. One group has and spends alot more money though... and has transportation of their own.

I doubt it. On the whole, brats are into 2 second redemption games, not pinball.

#3244 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

... All I can say is I left there wanting a lot more time on that game to explore it! You get the feels of the game a little more than you think you do when you’re actually playing it.

I think that many are interested in playing it and I'm in that group but buying it is not of consideration at all and I don't think that playing it will change my mind. This is just too costly now, especially in CDN coin.

#3245 1 year ago

Wow, STDM is removing negative comments from their youtube video. Amazing

Don't be ridiculous. We welcome all comments, even if they are false such as yours...

#3246 1 year ago

I thought the SDTM video was great for game play. It actually might have been enough to make me have second thoughts about cancelling my CE spot. It's probably for the best that it was too late by the time it came out though.
I cant get excited for TS4 when I was hyped up on OG Toy Story.
It almost seems like it would have been smart to leak a couple months ago something confirming the title was TS4 so people could mentally prepare for it and wouldnt have woken up to massive disappointment.
Then again, what do I know. I'm just grouchy.

#3247 1 year ago

So what's the BOM on this 15K machine?

I don't see anything that costs more than any other machine, actually I see plenty that costs less.

Cake toppers.... incredible.

#3248 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Don't be ridiculous. We welcome all comments, even if they are false such as yours...

Say what you like. I've watched several negative comments disappear from the video. I guess Youtube or the posters must have deleted them then?

#3249 1 year ago

Say what you like. I've watched several negative comments disappear from the video. I guess Youtube or the posters must have deleted them then?

As mentioned a couple of times now, YouTube has been messy today. Comments were coming in but the system wasn't showing them. I believe it was a widespread issue. Even posting the video like we normally do with YouTube link on Facebook was not working properly initially.

#3250 1 year ago

My positive comment also disappeared, its Youtube not SDTM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/65?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.