(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 121.
#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

There isn’t anything behind it, no worries

Could have put it in the middle of the playfield then, nothing there either , lol

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And that’s my point.
Judgement cast without even seeing gameplay much less trying it.
I guess the diorama crowd is disappointed.

Were you expecting a pinball release video to have no comments?

#3103 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ummmm…..?
[quoted image]

Was on their “list” will see if they reach out
Just got the pinball star email. That’s a bit late

#3104 1 year ago

so is their a stream tonight? Or a gameplay vid?

#3105 1 year ago

I thought sales were going to be done from distributors first, then after that is all done, then the store on JJP website would open.

#3106 1 year ago

Surprised TS4 doesn’t have a major toy, but will enjoy the duke kaboom ramp. Also surprised we aren’t getting much movie assets on lcd, unless I missed it. Also said before is no upper playfield is also surprising. Shouldn’t there be a special non-magnetized ball in play?

#3107 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hope so! Definitely got our moneys worth on Wonka.

Here. You got your #1 JJP fanboy badge. You can stop trying to positive spin this 12k empty playfield themed after the 4th movie of a series that should have been a trilogy.

#3108 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

How is that possible-? Good for them i suppose,

Put a limited amount for sale on your website.. so people buy into the hype.

Mission Accomplished.

#3109 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

That didn't take long. Good luck with that...[quoted image]

name checks out.

#3110 1 year ago

Why is Borat on the jackpot ramp???

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I got a CE from jersery jack and having buyers remorse lol. Can I cancel it or you think it can be worth something?

Congratulations. You're the new poster child of pinball ridiculousness.

#3112 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ummmm…..?
[quoted image]

Standard Edition?!

#3113 1 year ago

“error loading” comments. Riiiiiiiiiight…

BE053521-385A-4674-8967-FFE1C88A4325 (resized).jpegBE053521-385A-4674-8967-FFE1C88A4325 (resized).jpeg
#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

It seems to be based primarily on screen engaged gameplay though, versus gameplay based on actual mechanical devices.

This is not why we pinball.

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

[quoted image]

Didn’t realize there was a target to activate the playfield issues

#3116 1 year ago

Massive typo on the playfield. Jack, it is spelled Kaneda.

Kanada (resized).pngKanada (resized).png

#3117 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

It seems to be based primarily on screen engaged gameplay though, versus gameplay based on actual mechanical devices.
This is not why we pinball.

It worked really well in Wonka though. Everyone was similarly crabby when it launched but people grew to appreciate it in time.

I predict the same here.

#3118 1 year ago

same forky... same.

idk (resized).jpgidk (resized).jpg
#3120 1 year ago

Yeah they hid them. I was reading tbem before they pulled em. People were saying the same thing they were here. Nothing new.

Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

[quoted image]

#3121 1 year ago

So the ball pauses so you can play a cheap video game on a screen while you are just trying to play pinball with a real ball.

Pretty sure there was a mini playfield where the screen is and JJP axed it.

This sucks

#3122 1 year ago

To me, this isn't really a $15k game when you can buy a loaded CCrLE for $9200, or a GZPre. I love JJP, but man is this stripped down. Immediately found myself wishing it looked more like Roadshow with Buzz and Woody talking heads, or Funhouse if they want a carnival theme. I'm sure it will be fun, but couldn't bring myself to buy the one in my cart, or from the distro if I get the email. Especially as I loved the first three movies but the fourth not so much, except for Duke Kaboom. But congratulations to JJP for the response!

#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's the crazy thing, Toy Story at Disney World is called Toy Story Land. Why couldn't this game be called Toy Story Pinball then? None of the rides are named "Toy Story 4 Coaster" or something like that. It's so odd seeing that "4" up there in the games title and having everything restricted to the 4th film. That along with the ugly 10" screen instead of an actual main mechanical toy = I'm out.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/hollywood-studios/toy-story-land/

Because that's all the game is; Toy Story 4. It's a carnival sideshow with Toy Story adjacent characters that completely misses the heart of the first 3 movies.

"Toy Story Pinball" wouldn't be an accurate name, because it would imply something that this game (and Toy Story 4) clearly isn't.

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

What gameplay does an ipad and an empty playfield provide you?

#3125 1 year ago

I don't know if this has been said already but this was probably supposed to be released with TS4 in the theater right? That would explain a lot like why it is TS4 instead of the first movie and the rushed design?

#3126 1 year ago

I’m 5 minutes in and the editing and camera work is horrendous. The side shot of pat is hysterical

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It worked really well in Wonka though. Everyone was similarly crabby when it launched but people grew to appreciate it in time.
I predict the same here.

I honestly hope so. I have a Wonka and absolutely adore it....mainly because of the ability for JJP to use any/all of the IP. GNR is another game that literally uses every single asset available from the band including the concert animations to artwork many fans have never seen.

TS4 on the other hand takes aim at probably the least popular movie in the franchise. Even so, I can't believe they didn't develop a "Rudy" head from the Benson character! If they did, it probably got nixed by Disney to be honest with you. I have a feeling that we will be hearing about some pretty heated discussions between JJP and Disney personnel during the development of this game. There is no way that the crew at JJP would have wanted this from the beginning and were probably knocked down a peg each step of the way, and finally into submission by Disney IP license managers. I'm actually pretty surprised Tim Allen and Annie Potts were allowed to do custom speech on it.

I hope this game plays awesome and I hope I have the desire to own it some day. But right now, I'm a bystander outside of the club.....

#3128 1 year ago

CE is SOLD OUT on JJP. LOL!

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

I don't know if this has been said already but this was probably supposed to be released with TS4 in the theater right? That would explain a lot like why it is TS4 instead of the first movie and the rushed design?

History also suggests dealing with Disney just isn’t easy.

#3130 1 year ago

video shows all LEs being built..

#3131 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

She is the villain in TS4, but just like 2 and 3, the villain be becomes their friend in the end.

I think you need to re-watch TS3...

#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

CE is SOLD OUT on JJP. LOL!

They probably only had 50 or less in stock.

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

To me, this isn't really a $15k game when you can buy a loaded CCrLE for $9200, or a GZPre. I love JJP, but man is this stripped down. Immediately found myself wishing it looked more like Roadshow with Buzz and Woody talking heads, or Funhouse if they want a carnival theme. I'm sure it will be fun, but couldn't bring myself to buy the one in my cart, or from the distro if I get the email. Especially as I loved the first three movies but the fourth not so much, except for Duke Kaboom. But congratulations to JJP for the response!

JJP dumped a large portion of their tech support team and changed their warranty verbiage within 2 months of launching GnR due to being inundated with complaints regarding playfield quality.

Smart move to put nothing in the game when you have zero intent to support it.

#3134 1 year ago

EXACTLY

Quoted from jandrea95:

JJP dumped a large portion of their tech support team and changed their warranty verbiage within 2 months of launching GnR due to being inundated with complaints regarding playfield quality.
Smart move to put nothing in the game when you have zero intent to support it.

#3135 1 year ago

Rules map
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 1.18.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-14 at 1.18.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 1.19.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-14 at 1.19.58 PM.png

#3136 1 year ago

Wow, this looks amazing!

#3137 1 year ago

Clearly trying to reach a different demographic with this release. Love my GNR LE, but I have zero interest in Toy story, so I was out from the get go. Happy for those that snagged one and are excited - always fun when you wait for your new machine to arrive.

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I predict the same here.

How about Hobbit? This feels more like that to me. Should have been LOTR, tons of hype, and it is still MEH. It's more of a collectors pin than a "can't wait to play it" pin. If I see one on location I wouldn't even play one for free.

You're digging for a positive narrative here while ignoring all the historical bad ones.

#3139 1 year ago

I don't know....watching the video posted above has me more excited about the game.

#3140 1 year ago

SDTM Featurette

#3141 1 year ago

Not sure why they couldn't have just dropped the 4 in the title and kept it Toy Story. Kept everything else the same using assets from the latest movie. Also I'm noticing from the Features video that all of the voices are dubbed... none of the original movie samples. The replacement voice actors aren't terrible but there is definitely a difference imho.

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Have the amount of CE's been verified? This will determine if I buy or not, 500 yes 1,000 no way.

Some of you guys inhabit a headspace I will never comprehend. Is something more fun if fewer people get to enjoy it?

#3143 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 Pinball Featurette (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2022)

An in-depth look into Jersey Jack Pinball's newest pinball machine release: Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 4

Hear about the game's creation from Toy Story 4 pinball designer Pat Lawlor, programmer Joe Katz, and marketer Ken Cromwell. They discuss working with Disney-Pixar, new technologies, and key features of this instant-classic pinball machine.

Join Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Bo Peep into the world of Toy Story, under glass.

#3144 1 year ago

carnival so an more kid friendly oktoberfest?
Now an easier wizard mode is ok as not just wanting more people to get to it but it seemed that some games really where pushing game time to not have save / load.
When your pinball game needs to take 45 min - 1 hour to get to the end you are pushing it when you look at other games.

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I predict the same here.

Wonka had a lot of great lane and ramp shots, and some okay mechs.

I view Dialed-In as a 10/10 of pinball gimmickry, Wonka as a 6, and this seems about a 2.

Lawlor clearly should have done his victory lap with Wonka, and he was present in person there for that event.

This seems more like a vengeful turd that he left smoking in the toilets as he darted out. Ultimately this is more Disney, JJP/Greedy Owner, then Lawlor though.

I was super excited yesterday, so I have NO reason to shit on this except it looks like a sad, lonely toilet to me.

Awful that my Hobbit cost half this much....

#3146 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I predict the same here.

Curious how many will end up on location - not many I'd imagine. You could get a Wonka for $7500 originally and even GnR was $7750. GnR/Willy Wonka CE/LEs do exist in the wild but much rarer then the standard edition. Will operators pony up instead? I'm sure JJP is hoping so but I guess we will see.

#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

An in-depth look into Jersey Jack Pinball's newest pinball machine release: Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 4
Hear about the game's creation from Toy Story 4 pinball designer Pat Lawlor, programmer Joe Katz, and marketer Ken Cromwell. They discuss working with Disney-Pixar, new technologies, and key features of this instant-classic pinball machine.
Join Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Bo Peep into the world of Toy Story, under glass.

You Sir, are brave! Kudos!!!

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Not sure why they couldn't have just dropped the 4 in the title and kept it Toy Story. Kept everything else the same using assets from the latest movie. Also I'm noticing from the Features video that all of the voices are dubbed... none of the original movie samples. The replacement voice actors aren't terrible but there is definitely a difference imho.

And unlike Stern pins, at least for now, no audio can be changed on a JJP.

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Look forward to not playing it since no operators really touch JJP in Chicago for whatever reason.. :/

Enterrium gets every JJP game. Granted, Schaumburg isn't a dream location if you live in the city proper.

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Honestly this video did wonders for me and my excitement. The longer gameplay shots here I really enjoyed and make me excited.

Although the pinball on the screen does seem silly it's just one thing, the rest looks fun IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 35.00
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/63?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.