(Topic ID: 290919)

JJP Toy Story (any rumor confirmations?)

By Trojanlaw

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,049 posts
  • 661 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chris25810
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49E1AA8F-FA29-4F4D-B1BC-1F5A44288A70.jpeg
9A992D2B-FA2B-40FC-AC43-58772CB9538B (resized).jpeg
AC614DA1-F00B-4054-9170-C4D1150B344E (resized).jpeg
IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
72EC51DA-CB1D-4978-8995-03B6B558B128.gif
IMG_3625 (resized).jpeg
224F7BE6-01B8-447C-A998-C3554FBB37C8 (resized).jpeg
GabbyFacemask.jpg
ken_doll_meet_bensons_dummies_by_noureldeinm2003_df7k99y-350t (resized).jpg
86234446-23FA-456B-AC4A-4CF71F767F09 (resized).jpeg
090C9D93-1C0E-4270-A892-121040E8D562 (resized).jpeg
435E7D06-9C0D-4553-AEA9-BE1CE86855F7 (resized).jpeg
6B64B962-6BD0-422D-9BE2-249F80844320 (resized).jpeg
7CBACD5F-A487-4F5E-A9F2-593649FDCD98 (resized).jpeg
AB374773-1B6A-44D9-9D32-700496F69930 (resized).jpeg
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 121.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

He sold out of CE's in 2 minutes!
This hobby is batshit!!!

Maybe money laundering? I kid but....

#3002 1 year ago

CE is secured!

FOMO NO MO!

#3003 1 year ago

Up until Toy Story 4 all JJP mini LCD's were actually intergrated into something that made sense from the theme. What the heck is that giant tablet from Toy Story, I mean Toy Story 4?

WOZ: Used in crystal ball
Hobbit: The Hobbit book
Dialed In: Phone
Pirates: Compass on the apron
Wonka: Wonkavision
GNR: Stage screen
Toy Story 4: ?

Screenshot 2022-06-14 121223 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-06-14 121223 (resized).jpg

#3004 1 year ago

During all this stress, trauma and reading all the negative comments I ate two really big sandwiches and now I cant freaking move
thanks a lot!

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Guys... CEs are not sold out. If you want one there are tons of distributors with stock available. Probably still 900+ available right now.

Did you hear this from Pinball Star? I'd bet you a nickel he still has them available.

well try clicking his CE link...he's sold out. I was lucky to get mine in first few seconds.

#3006 1 year ago

I had a CE in my cart and checked out within about two minutes only to be told that it's now "Out of Stock". I was not expecting that at all. Generally when there's that kind of contention (e.g., concert tickets), once you get it in your cart, you're given a modest bit of time to check out before it's released.

Settled for the LE, but now I'm having buyer's remorse, just due to the bad experience there.

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Up until Toy Story 4 all JJP mini LCD's were actually intergrated into something that made sense from the theme. What in the heck is that giant tablet from Toy Story, I mean Toy Story 4?
Dialed In: The theater toy
[quoted image]

Pretty sure each carnival game has instructions (ie shots) on how to play them. So it's actually a good integration but man is that thing huuuuuge.

#3008 1 year ago

Well folks enjoy this thread I am happy to unfavorite it now!

#3009 1 year ago

U will b able to get a ce if u want one.. with the disappointment and 1000 being made at 15k . Wait to this mess settles and I'm betting there will be many for sale if u really want it.

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Up until Toy Story 4 all JJP mini LCD's were actually intergrated into something that made sense from the theme. What the heck is that giant tablet from Toy Story, I mean Toy Story 4?
[quoted image]

Covers rules to all the modes and plays tiki party video pinball

#3011 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Should’ve been an Etch-a-Sketch.

#3012 1 year ago

Ya'll are something else. 15 million dollars worth of CEs sold out in less than a minute? Happy flipping LOL.

#3013 1 year ago

Did you hear this from Pinball Star? I'd bet you a nickel he still has them available.

The PinballStar CE link says they're GONE!

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't remember - I've only had to replenish it twice.
Does yours go offline frequently and require a powercycle?

It did initially but I switched to a static ip via wired connection and it’s been solid for years…

#3015 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Etch-A-Sketch is not a Disney-owned property. It is owned by Rose Art.
To use Etch-A-Sketch would require Disney to relicense it from Rose Art, then sell that license to us.

#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

The PinballStar CE link says they're GONE!

Well I am glad you guys are out there to keep the lights on at the pinball manufacturers. This one is not for me, but I look forward to playing one down the line when you decide to offload it to buy the next hotness.

I hope it rocks when you actually play it!

#3017 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Pretty sure each carnival game has instructions (ie shots) on how to play them. So it's actually a good integration but man is that thing huuuuuge.

There's a large 27" backbox LCD on the game, one would think they could use that for rules explanation and then put a larger mechanical toy in the back left but nope...would probably cost more money, screen cheaper.

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Wow. that is so freaking obvious now that you mention it. I guess that doesn't really fit the Toy Story 4 theme but would have been perfect for a Toy Story pin.

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ya'll are something else. 15 million dollars worth of CEs sold out in less than a minute? Happy flipping LOL.

I'm betting it turns out like Halloween /ultraman
Just to many ce's at a crazy high price for what u get and nothing really over the le. Time will tell but with the response it got here no way it becomes potc.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Great idea! That would have been perfect for a general Toy Story pin.

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Nah - direct sales were probably 100 games. The distribs will now go through their interested lists (perhaps with a slight pucker factor as my guess is a 50% take vs pass).

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Etch-A-Sketch is not a Disney-owned property. It is owned by Rose Art.
To use Etch-A-Sketch would require Disney to relicense it from Rose Art, then sell that license to us.

...Should’ve been an Etch-a-Sketch

#3023 1 year ago

Does JJP charge sales tax to California?

#3024 1 year ago

Hope no one's sniffing traffic on the JJP store as orders come in:

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 6.16.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-14 at 6.16.46 AM (resized).png

Standard TWIP reveal:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jersey-jack-pinball-announces-toy-story-4-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Someone who makes animated gifs, please make one of Dad's ramp shot celebration:

#3025 1 year ago

I got a CE from jersery jack and having buyers remorse lol. Can I cancel it or you think it can be worth something?

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U will b able to get a ce if u want one.. with the disappointment and 1000 being made at 15k . Wait to this mess settles and I'm betting there will be many for sale if u really want it.

Totally....you'll also see your typical flippers trying to sell their spot, and dozens that will try to flip for $20K. The TS CE package was very underwhelming, and wasn't entirely happy that the powder coating is exactly the same as my WW

#3027 1 year ago

I'd bet there would be a lot of risk takers on this if it was back at the $9500 price tag... maybe even $10K. But $12K?

I know pinball has ridiculous money, but bang for the buck still has to be there.

I can't feel any more opposite than I did when I saw the GNR release... I was SO pumped up, so excited, and I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. The excitement was multiplied by the huge backlog of ordered games and I couldn't wait to play it. Regardless of what happened afterwards... that initial excitement carried the game for a LONG time.

#3028 1 year ago

I was able to get a Toy Story CE directly from JJP by clicking the "buy now" button from the email they sent me, will I regret it we will see but I really bought it for my niece and nephew to play.

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I got a CE from jersery jack and having buyers remorse lol. Can I cancel it or you think it can be worth something?

$10k by Xmas!

#3030 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

It will be worth less than you paid

#3031 1 year ago

I really dislike the placement of that giant lcd on the playfield...its just odd

#3032 1 year ago

CE's won't be $10K, but I bet LE's will

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I was able to get a Toy Story CE directly from JJP by clicking the "buy now" button from the email they sent me, will I regret it we will see but I really bought it for my niece and nephew to play.

Cheaper to just take them to the Toy Story area at Disneyland.

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally....you'll also see your typical flippers trying to sell their spot, and dozens that will try to flip for $20K. The TS CE package was very underwhelming, and wasn't entirely happy that the powder coating is exactly the same as my WW

I just realized all pats jjp pins have same color scheme and I have di and wonka

#3036 1 year ago

OK just started reading, how's romulusx spinning this one?

#3037 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

It's hard for Me to get past the little girl running up to machine in teaser and a girl pop up on PF.

Don't worry manly man, you get to hit the pop-up girl in the face with your balls. No one's gonna confiscate your muscle car.

Quoted from sepins:

Not sure I want My friends coming to My house and saying that's a cool game You got for Your Grandkids!

If your masculinity is that fragile, you have bigger (or smaller) problems than Little Bo Peep.

#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I really dislike the placement of that giant lcd on the playfield...its just odd

Someone was making a Mothra mod for Godzilla. Maybe you could add that, instead of the screen???

mothra (resized).jpgmothra (resized).jpg
#3039 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don't worry manly man, you get to hit the pop-up girl in the face with your balls. No one's gonna confiscate your muscle car.

I mean owning a TMNT doens;t seem like much of a man card to me but YMMV

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cheaper to just take them to the Toy Story area at Disneyland.

Here's the crazy thing, Toy Story at Disney World is called Toy Story Land. Why couldn't this game be called Toy Story Pinball then? None of the rides are named "Toy Story 4 Coaster" or something like that. It's so odd seeing that "4" up there in the games title and having everything restricted to the 4th film. That along with the ugly 10" screen instead of an actual main mechanical toy = I'm out.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/hollywood-studios/toy-story-land/

#3041 1 year ago

I'm intrigued by the individually controlled Benson pop up posts. Do we know what the purpose of these are? They don't block the ramp, do they double as a switch and turn into targets basically or are they just a post that blocks the captive ball and that switch on the left side of the right orbit? they are probably the biggest innovation in the game since I don't remember seeing anything like them before.

#3042 1 year ago

Well, that was over in a blink of an eye. On to the next release!

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

4 mins CEs gone and I'm a proud owner
While we love TS 1-3, TS4 was great. We saw it on vacation in Yellowstone in IMAX and it reminds us of a roadtrip just like in the movie.
The game looks great and I'm excited. WW CE is a beauty and my wife's fave. She says this will be new #1 and so in pinball world that makes me a happy man!

Thats funny I also saw this on vacation… in Quebec with fam, in French (the voices were epically terrible but still a great experience). This will be great nostalgia for the kids once CE arrives!

#3044 1 year ago

JJP charges 15K for a pinball machine and then tries to take a moral stand by charging a $1000 transfer fee to prevent flipping. Mmm..k.

#3045 1 year ago

That feeling when you gear yourself up to spend a lot of money on something, then it falls through but you still feel like you gatta spend it...

#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I have a shiny new Ultraman CE coming that I'll swap you for it.

The kids will LOVE it! Don't delay - act today!

#3047 1 year ago

I hate to say it but I hope the flippers lose their @$$ on this game . They just validated this pricing . Glad I mostly decided to start getting back into the classics . I was almost in on this and got out last second .

#3048 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm intrigued by the individually controlled Benson pop up posts. Do we know what the purpose of these are? They don't block the ramp, do they double as a switch and turn into targets basically or are they just a post that blocks the captive ball and that switch on the left side of the right orbit? they are probably the biggest innovation in the game since I don't remember seeing anything like them before.

They make sure you hit the ramp square and not off to the side. I imagine they don't want you slamming a ball into the screen.

#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

To ensure it hits the ramp in a way to not damage other parts.

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The pop up posts seem as a way to prevent crazy air balls from the pop up ramp versus an actual gameplay feature? Without them some crazy shot angles could occur resulting in other areas of the game being hit by the ball.

NGG does something similar but the posts are stationary as the entire ramp lifts.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 123240 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-06-14 123240 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 35.00
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/61?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.